Life ban

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: Life ban

Postby The Bedge » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:02 pm

beef wrote:He's only interested in playing, as he stated on the news last night. Time will tell to see how keen he is to come back.

Well if that's the case, no sympathy from me here then if he never plays SAAFL again - if it was me, i'd give that small commitment if nothing else than to tick the box and appease the powers that be.

Choosing not to invest in those areas that have been advised to him tells me he is being somewhat selfish and really doesn't give a crap about it, except to get his 5min of fame on TV crying out the poor boy hard done by.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:05 pm

If you really wanted to play in this comp that bad - whether it be this year, next year, or 10yrs down the track then you'd do what is necessary to eliminate the reasons to stop them accepting your registration.

Or am I in the minority here? :?
The Bedge
Coach

Postby morell » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:06 pm

Nope, totally agree Zartan.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1138 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby The Bedge » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:09 pm

morell wrote:Nope, totally agree Zartan.

Yeah but i knew you would be - you're world renowned for taking the minority stance on issues :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby morell » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:15 pm

Turn it up. I judge each issue on its merits. Its just that football culture is filled with complete and utter pong brains most of the time. :lol:
morell
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:24 pm

beef wrote:He's only interested in playing, as he stated on the news last night. Time will tell to see how keen he is to come back.

Hey mate, it was probably a 20 minute interview that we got to see 20 seconds of footage of, I've been on the arse end of media interviews where bits have been taken away to make me look like more of a dick than I already am.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby human_torpedo » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:04 pm

Zartan wrote:
morell wrote:Nope, totally agree Zartan.

Yeah but i knew you would be - you're world renowned for taking the minority stance on issues :lol:

I enjoyed this probably more than I should have or expected to haha
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby Booney » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:08 pm

morell wrote:Turn it up. I judge each issue on its merits. Its just that football culture is filled with complete and utter pong brains most of the time. :lol:

Can you explain what a "football culture" is? 8)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7468 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Q. » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:18 pm

Booney wrote:
morell wrote:Turn it up. I judge each issue on its merits. Its just that football culture is filled with complete and utter pong brains most of the time. :lol:

Toxic masculinity Image
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Spangas » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:06 pm

http://www.austlii.edu.au/cgi-bin/sinod ... ohncock%22

This is the case where Barry Johncock Jr. had his life ban from Port Lincoln FL over-turned. If Callum has the money it would be worth putting his appeal through the Supreme Court. It's not right that a young man is handed a life-ban. Obviously, not identical facts (Johncock was paid to coach as well as play) but his equitable right to enjoyment from the game he loves should never be taken from him.

"Even though the plaintiff could be compensated in money for any loss of income from coaching, he could not easily be compensated in that way for the loss of enjoyment of playing the game which has been such a major part of his life for some 23 years."
I apologise.
Spangas
Under 16s

Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 103 times

Postby jo172 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:14 pm

Spangas wrote:http://www.austlii.edu.au/cgi-bin/sinodisp/au/cases/sa/SASC/2013/143.html?stem=0&synonyms=0&query=%22johncock%22

This is the case where Barry Johncock Jr. had his life ban from Port Lincoln FL over-turned. If Callum has the money it would be worth putting his appeal through the Supreme Court. It's not right that a young man is handed a life-ban. Obviously, not identical facts (Johncock was paid to coach as well as play) but his equitable right to enjoyment from the game he loves should never be taken from him.

"Even though the plaintiff could be compensated in money for any loss of income from coaching, he could not easily be compensated in that way for the loss of enjoyment of playing the game whinotice requirementch has been such a major part of his life for some 23 years."

That was a temporary injunction allowing Johncock to play in a Grand Final. Similar to what the Swans did in 96 for Dunkley.

The Court did not make a final determination (although it would seem that eventually the matter was settled to the effect Johncock did not receive a life ban).

Also relevantly the issues relevant to the determination of the injunction were the notification requirements in 3.2.1, not whether a Community Football League has the power/right to ban someone per se.

Furthermore, the League in the Johncock case didn't appear but would seem to have elected to abide by the Court's decision in any event. My suspicion is that a contested hearing would have a different outcome.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby beef » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:18 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Hey mate, it was probably a 20 minute interview that we got to see 20 seconds of footage of, I've been on the arse end of media interviews where bits have been taken away to make me look like more of a dick than I already am.

I can only base it on the 20 seconds i saw, similar to his facebook post that didnt show everything, including beating usain bolt's time to get to the rostrevor player. Everyone knows if you do an interview with the media they will take snippets only, i just think he's going about everything the wrong way and people like me shouldn't even know that he's trying to get back in league. Take it on the chin, tick the boxes they want you to and try again next year.
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 253 times

Postby am Bays » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:20 pm

Interesting some punters on here advocating for Hay, in my humble opinion are basically saying (tacitly or otherwise) umpire abuse is OK.

Should not be allowed on on footy field anywhere, anymore, period.

Signed

A registered umpire.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby jo172 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:37 pm

Looking at the video the actual push is almost a carbon copy of the Greg Williams push in 97 to Ian Coates. As a historical parallel Diesel also got 9 games which had the effect of ending his career (as he was retiring at the end of the season)
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:41 pm

jo172 wrote:Looking at the video the actual push is almost a carbon copy of the Greg Williams push in 97 to Ian Coates. As a historical parallel Diesel also got 9 games which had the effect of ending his career (as he was retiring at the end of the season)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYi_zBCVUeA
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:43 pm

am Bays wrote:Interesting some punters on here advocating for Hay, in my humble opinion are basically saying (tacitly or otherwise) umpire abuse is OK.

Signed

A registered umpire.

I'm sorry, but I cannot see any instances where any posters who are advocating for Hay are saying (tacitly or otherwise) umpire abuse is OK. All of the arguments have been around him having a clean record over the past 3 years and getting a second chance. I cannot see how that suggests (tacitly or otherwise) umpire abuse is OK.

BTW, I'm not a Hay advocate
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby human_torpedo » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:54 pm

am Bays wrote:Interesting some punters on here advocating for Hay, in my humble opinion are basically saying (tacitly or otherwise) umpire abuse is OK.

Signed

A registered umpire.

You clearly haven't read the previous 6 pages. No one advocates the action of or questions the suspension for pushing the umpire..
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby Dutchy » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:32 pm

There is plenty of talk of him getting a second chance, why should he? Its clear he knew it was the umpire he was shoving, start giving second chances to this behaviour and we won't have any umpires left.

If he was a kid, then maybe Id be a bit more lenient and give him a 2nd chance.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby morell » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:57 pm

Q. wrote:
Booney wrote:

Toxic masculinity Image
Yeah, in a nutshell, that is pretty much it...

+ change resistance
+ low EQ
+ oppositional
+ controlling
+ conventional

If we were do to an OCI on footy culture there would be a heck of a lot of red and green and not much blue.
morell
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:11 pm

For mine, people talk about the penalty being too high for the sling tackle and it's the result of that which has pushed him over the threshold
But...had he not pushed the umpire (twice), he'd have copped a lesser suspension and still be able to play SAAFL. It's not the sling-tackle penalty which is hurting him.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League