Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Anything!

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:17 am

OnSong wrote:
spell_check wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Any recommendations for Clare?

The Taminga Hotel has the biggest salad and veg bar I've seen...also has an ice cream machine. The Mon-Sat lunch price is reasonable, but the other times are a bit steep.

Mr Mick, great food.
Lot of good things said about Seed as a restaurant.
Indii is a solid Indian restaurant.

I fully recommend Mr Mick's too for something a bit different, ease up on the dishes though and load up on the pita, I think the meatballs were a bit crap for memory but everything else was superb, we ordered way too much, the soft shell crab was the highlight.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7942 times

Postby OnSong » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:54 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
OnSong wrote:
spell_check wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Any recommendations for Clare?

The Taminga Hotel has the biggest salad and veg bar I've seen...also has an ice cream machine. The Mon-Sat lunch price is reasonable, but the other times are a bit steep.

Mr Mick, great food.
Lot of good things said about Seed as a restaurant.
Indii is a solid Indian restaurant.

I fully recommend Mr Mick's too for something a bit different, ease up on the dishes though and load up on the pita, I think the meatballs were a bit crap for memory but everything else was superb, we ordered way too much, the soft shell crab was the highlight.

x2 didn't find anything I didn't like from the 10 courses we had. I think the reverse is true though and made the error of loading up on pita.
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 533 times
Been liked: 551 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:59 am

OnSong wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

x2 didn't find anything I didn't like from the 10 courses we had. I think the reverse is true though and made the error of loading up on pita.

But I'm poor, loved the pita and dips.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby OnSong » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:02 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
OnSong wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

But I'm poor, loved the pita and dips.

I wasn't paying, work Xmas function, so load up!
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 533 times
Been liked: 551 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:49 am

OnSong wrote:I wasn't paying, work Xmas function, so load up!

LOL, we rented a nearby cottage so I had to try trimming somewhere, every man and their dog put orders in for various wines, I ended up getting nobody anything, except for myself.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby wristwatcher » Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:03 pm

Had a work trip to the Mount on the weekend and we went to Macs Hotel.

Word on the street was that it's as good a pub steak as you can get and it didn't disappoint.

Succulent, cooked to perfection with sides and salad and veg bar of a high standard. Throw in some froths and a Niice Gary getting an 8 fa in the backdrop and it was an 8.5/10 evening.

Along with 1862 would be the best place to eat in the amount for mine.

Whilst it's not a restaurant special mention goes to the Meninge Bakery. Every item that was inhaled by the boys in the car was raved about. The Sausage Rolls were big and dense, the Matchsticks were light and tasty and so on. If your going past it's worth stopping at. On par with St Peters Bakehouse
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:03 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Cheers.

Heading up there to stay a couple nights over Easter.

I'm sold on the Ice Cream machine...

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

Heading to the races mate?
I'll be there somewhere roaming around....... been the last couple of years and definitely rate it better than Oakbank.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2234 times
Been liked: 2528 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:06 pm

Unfortunately no.....

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11915 times
Been liked: 3628 times

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:07 pm

Jim05 wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Any wineries up there that do a decent feed?

Plenty.
Personally I rate Seed Winehouse very highly and haven't been there for awhile but Skillogolee used to do awesome lunches, not sure if they do teas now or not but the lunch is served outdoors under the trees in a quite nice setting and the food was amazing. Last time there I had a ginger duck curry that was sensational. Skillogolee is at Sevenhill only a few minutes from Clare

Skillogolee is the pick for mine.
Don't forget to duck into the Sevenhill pub for a coldie either.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:17 am

Boony's last night @ pt Noarlunga

Dinner for the anniversary.
Started off with crumbed cheesy mushrooms - absolutely superb. $13 serve of 6-8

Had a Seafood Platter for mains, which I've had before and it was even better than the first time. $55

Add a couple of bevvies for $76 and well worth it.

I'd pay $70 for the platter itself....

Gave my compliments to the chef on the way out.

The waitresses greet you as if we're old friends.

Superb....
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby saintal » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:22 am

amber_fluid wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Any wineries up there that do a decent feed?

Plenty.
Personally I rate Seed Winehouse very highly and haven't been there for awhile but Skillogolee used to do awesome lunches, not sure if they do teas now or not but the lunch is served outdoors under the trees in a quite nice setting and the food was amazing. Last time there I had a ginger duck curry that was sensational. Skillogolee is at Sevenhill only a few minutes from Clare

Skillogolee is the pick for mine.
Don't forget to duck into the Sevenhill pub for a coldie either.

Wife and I went there for a sunday lunch a few months back. Might have caught them on a bad day but the service was very lacklustre (ie long waits for menus and drinks, no follow-up on dessert menu). Food was adequate and came out quickly enough.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 348 times
Been liked: 431 times

Postby JK » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:47 am

Speaking of decent platters, the Seaton Hotel has an all day option for their meat platter - Costs $40 and includes steak and chicken (done different ways) and Pork Belly, and you can still help yourself to the Salad and Veg bar.

Twice I've shared this platter with a few mates, on each occasion it has fed more than 6 blokes and we pretty much only just got over halfway. Brilliant value.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4465 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby HH3 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:14 am

The Prince of Wales has let me and my family down, and after a very good run, could be blacklisted.

Chose it for my birthday dinner Sunday. The wife booked a table of 12 on Tuesday night.

Get there dead on time, ask about the booking and are told we didnt book. Look around, there's an 8 seater set up. I thought maybe someone couldn't count, but it wasn't ours.

A really cranky chick started slamming tables together, in a huge huff. I went over to help, and she said "It's be alright if you weren't walk-ins and actually booked!" I told her we'd booked during the week and then she started badmouthing some other person that works there.

Once we were seated, my Nan, who's 80, went up to order and was given so much attitude it was disgusting. She was cut off halfway through her order and told it was too hard to order drinks at the same time and told to go to the bar, even though everyone else ordered drinks with their meals.

Every time the girl walked past, Nan got in some digs like, "She shouldn't work in customer service if she can't handle it" and "She's a very rude person, isn't she?" loud enough for her to hear.

The salad bars shit now. They took out the potato bake and added something that looks like leftover veggies thrown together.

Actually, after typing this out I'm angry again, so f**k them, never going back.

0/10
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:21 am

Copy and paste to their Facebook page.

I ******* hate shit like that...... Unfortunately it's hard with a big group to just walk out and be a 'walk in' at another venue.....
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:00 pm

Boony's at port Noarlunga. Went there a couple of weeks back. Great pizza, but it had variety of stuff you can get.
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3034 times
Been liked: 2406 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:46 pm

HH3 wrote:The Prince of Wales has let me and my family down, and after a very good run, could be blacklisted.

Chose it for my birthday dinner Sunday. The wife booked a table of 12 on Tuesday night.

Get there dead on time, ask about the booking and are told we didnt book. Look around, there's an 8 seater set up. I thought maybe someone couldn't count, but it wasn't ours.

A really cranky chick started slamming tables together, in a huge huff. I went over to help, and she said "It's be alright if you weren't walk-ins and actually booked!" I told her we'd booked during the week and then she started badmouthing some other person that works there.

Once we were seated, my Nan, who's 80, went up to order and was given so much attitude it was disgusting. She was cut off halfway through her order and told it was too hard to order drinks at the same time and told to go to the bar, even though everyone else ordered drinks with their meals.

Every time the girl walked past, Nan got in some digs like, "She shouldn't work in customer service if she can't handle it" and "She's a very rude person, isn't she?" loud enough for her to hear.

The salad bars shit now. They took out the potato bake and added something that looks like leftover veggies thrown together.

Actually, after typing this out I'm angry again, so f**k them, never going back.

0/10

F*** em, book a table for 25 for this Sunday evening for the Lions Club.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:52 am

HH3 wrote:The Prince of Wales has let me and my family down, and after a very good run, could be blacklisted.

0/10

Disappointing. I've heard two nasty reviews since I last set foot in there. Won't be going back. Pity, it was a good budget option for a feed out on a week night. I guess we're now getting what we've been paying for.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7519 times
Been liked: 10817 times

Postby HH3 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:21 am

It is really annoying because we usually go there once a week for a cheap schnitty.

Probably going to go back to the Lighthouse now, for an extra $20 per bill.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Booney » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:25 am

HH3 wrote:It is really annoying because we usually go there once a week for a cheap schnitty.

First Commercial....Wednesday Night Pub Quiz.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7519 times
Been liked: 10817 times

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:07 pm

Booney wrote:
HH3 wrote:It is really annoying because we usually go there once a week for a cheap schnitty.

First Commercial....Wednesday Night Pub Quiz.

They'd be a few brain surgeons in the Ol' Commercial that night!! :D
amber_fluid
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion