C&CCA Season 2016/17

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: C&CCA Season 2016/17

Postby carey » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:56 am

A GRADE

Fitzroy 'A' v Adelaide Lutheran 'A'
Rose Park 'A' v Para Vista Lutheran 'A'
Enfield United 'A' v North Eastern Knights 'A'

B GRADE

Adelaide Lutheran 'B' v Fitzroy 'B'
North Eastern Knights 'B' v Magill Morialta 'A'
Enfield United 'C' v Seaton 'A'
Athelstone 'A' v Desi Avengers 'A'

C GRADE

Never2Late Cricket Club 'A' v Fitzroy 'C'
Enfield United 'E' v Rose Park 'B'
Para Vista Lutheran 'B' v Enfield United 'D'
Adelaide Lutheran 'C' v Athelstone 'B'
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2811 times
Been liked: 2999 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby tkr » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:20 am

A GRADE

Adelaide Lutheran 'A'
Rose Park 'A'
Enfield United 'A'

B GRADE

Adelaide Lutheran 'B'
Magill Morialta 'A'
Seaton 'A'
Desi Avengers 'A'

C GRADE

Never2Late Cricket Club 'A'
Rose Park 'B'
Enfield United 'D'
Adelaide Lutheran 'C'
tkr
Rookie

Has liked: 160 times
Been liked: 19 times

Postby Milly » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:21 pm

D1
Adel Lutheran A
Rose Pk A
NEK A

D2
Adel Lutheran B
Magill A
Seaton A
Desi

D3
N2L
Rose pk B
Para Vista B
Athelstone B
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 49 times
Grassroots Team: St Paul's College OS

Postby moriachi » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:47 am

Bring back the write ups Zartan. @Zartan
moriachi

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 12 times

Postby carey » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:55 pm

moriachi wrote:Bring back the write ups Zartan. @Zartan

He's busy eating ;)
carey
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:10 pm

Which club plays cricket on Greenacres footy oval? I'm assuming it's Enfield? Zartan? Drove past there earlier and wondered who it was playing there.

I think Port Districts used to use the turf wicket on the second oval, Who uses it now?
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10367 times
Been liked: 1523 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby moriachi » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:18 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:Which club plays cricket on Greenacres footy oval? I'm assuming it's Enfield? Zartan? Drove past there earlier and wondered who it was playing there.

I think Port Districts used to use the turf wicket on the second oval, Who uses it now?

Para Vista on the top oval....gepps used to play bottom not sure these days.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
moriachi

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:17 am

The Dark Knight wrote:Which club plays cricket on Greenacres footy oval? I'm assuming it's Enfield? Zartan? Drove past there earlier and wondered who it was playing there.

Para Vista Lutheran play on Greenacres footy club, they were playing Enfield 'D' on the weekend though there.

On the bottom oval pretty sure Mawson Lakes and Pooraka share the ground for their LO sides.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3195 times
Been liked: 4022 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:43 am

Well people are very quick to have a crack at C&CCA over something - usually the way it operates or rules etc.. but i don't think enough credit is given to those making the decisions.

Division 1 currently has 1x win separating 2nd from 5th, very tight division.
Division 2 has the stand outs in Desi and Seaton, but from 3-7 there is only 1 and a bit wins between the sides
Division 3 similar vein to Division 2.

* Introduction of bonus points for One Day matches has worked well.
* Introduction of bonus points for entering scores by Monday night has alleviated the issue of clubs not completing, and we now see full scores from games in the system by early Monday.
* Cancelling games for heat using the 4pm BOM forecast is a winner - knowing before you finish work whether you're playing or not, and adjusting plans accordingly.
* Allowance for clubs and captains to negotiate changes to their games i.e. Bringing start times for One Day games forward to 10am is a ripper and opens up endless opportunities.
* Changing the ruling to make sides bowl 65 overs in a day and no less, and rewarding them for quick over rates, often see days play finished at 5pm - that's only 4hrs of cricket, and makes the wife much happier, plus you're on the beers earlier.
* Only one report in the last 3yrs for on field behavior.
* Influx of juniors has the comp in a position to field U21's sides again.

FORECAST FOR THE FUTURE
* Comp needs to continue to target established clubs around the area.
* Comp needs to continue to target the winter competitions that have the sub-continent blokes playing.
* Desi Avengers want to expand to FOUR teams next year - look to keep 2x in C&CCA, the others to move to ATCA is my guess.
* Never2Late want to expand to TWO teams, and establish themselves as a bona fide club, including a potential name change and finding their own "home".
* Rose Park could well push for 3x sides in the future.
* Desi to move to Division 1 next season, potentially with Seaton to make an 8x team Division again.
* Never2Late to move to Division 2 next season, potentially with Rose Park 'B' or a second Desi side, keeps it 8x teams.
* Rose Park and Never2Late potentially enter additional sides, keeps Division 3 at 8x teams once more.
* There has been discussion of Para Vista and Enfield potentially installing turf decks in the future, I would then look to encourage St Pauls to rekindle their cricket club, approach Concordia OC 3rd side about re-joining, and the comp operating similar to the Barossa league and having games on hard wicket and turf.

I think the comp could well grow back up to around 30 teams by 2020 if the exec is vigilant and work hard.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby moriachi » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:39 am

This is the kind of post i renew my yearly subscription to SAFooty for.
moriachi

Postby Arch44 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:25 pm

Zartan wrote:Well people are very quick to have a crack at C&CCA over something - usually the way it operates or rules etc.. but i don't think enough credit is given to those making the decisions.

Division 1 currently has 1x win separating 2nd from 5th, very tight division.
Division 2 has the stand outs in Desi and Seaton, but from 3-7 there is only 1 and a bit wins between the sides
Division 3 similar vein to Division 2.

* Introduction of bonus points for One Day matches has worked well.
* Introduction of bonus points for entering scores by Monday night has alleviated the issue of clubs not completing, and we now see full scores from games in the system by early Monday.
* Cancelling games for heat using the 4pm BOM forecast is a winner - knowing before you finish work whether you're playing or not, and adjusting plans accordingly.
* Allowance for clubs and captains to negotiate changes to their games i.e. Bringing start times for One Day games forward to 10am is a ripper and opens up endless opportunities.
* Changing the ruling to make sides bowl 65 overs in a day and no less, and rewarding them for quick over rates, often see days play finished at 5pm - that's only 4hrs of cricket, and makes the wife much happier, plus you're on the beers earlier.
* Only one report in the last 3yrs for on field behavior.
* Influx of juniors has the comp in a position to field U21's sides again.

FORECAST FOR THE FUTURE
* Comp needs to continue to target established clubs around the area.
* Comp needs to continue to target the winter competitions that have the sub-continent blokes playing.
* Desi Avengers want to expand to FOUR teams next year - look to keep 2x in C&CCA, the others to move to ATCA is my guess.
* Never2Late want to expand to TWO teams, and establish themselves as a bona fide club, including a potential name change and finding their own "home".
* Rose Park could well push for 3x sides in the future.
* Desi to move to Division 1 next season, potentially with Seaton to make an 8x team Division again.
* Never2Late to move to Division 2 next season, potentially with Rose Park 'B' or a second Desi side, keeps it 8x teams.
* Rose Park and Never2Late potentially enter additional sides, keeps Division 3 at 8x teams once more.
* There has been discussion of Para Vista and Enfield potentially installing turf decks in the future, I would then look to encourage St Pauls to rekindle their cricket club, approach Concordia OC 3rd side about re-joining, and the comp operating similar to the Barossa league and having games on hard wicket and turf.

I think the comp could well grow back up to around 30 teams by 2020 if the exec is vigilant and work hard.
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby Arch44 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:30 pm

Some good news there if that all goes ahead.
One thing I'd like to see would be an influx of umpires. I'm not sure how it gets done, but we don't have enough IMO.
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:33 pm

Umpires are difficult - need to find people willing to do it! We have competitive rates, and all the games are local so you'd think recently retired players or new umpires would be keen to do it.

At the moment, SACA take care of our umpire appointments, but they don't provide any additional umpires to the regular panel we have, so it's really a waste of time. Better off doing our own appointments.

$100 for a Saturday to umpire for 4-6hrs is pretty good i reckon.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:33 pm

C&CCA U21's defeated A&SCA
The Bedge
Coach

Postby sportsfan » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:37 pm

Zartan wrote:C&CCA U21's defeated A&SCA

A good sign of things to come? Hopefully they can convert that form into the seniors. Hope the young fella that copped one in the head is ok.
sportsfan

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 4 times

Postby carey » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:05 am

Zartan wrote:C&CCA U21's defeated A&SCA

Details????
carey
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:20 am

sportsfan wrote:A good sign of things to come? Hopefully they can convert that form into the seniors. Hope the young fella that copped one in the head is ok.

We've been pushing some of our youth into the Senior side over the past couple of seasons - last year was Hancock, Hedges and Gardner. Hanocck top scored with 37 off 28, Hedges opened the bowling and got 2/65 which included the wickets of Burgess and Kilderry (who tonned up).

This year we had Finch in the Seniors.

Cant see the form filtering into the seniors over the next coming years though, if i was going to be brutally honest, it appears rep cricket and Sunday cricket holds little value to people these days. A revamp is needed somehow to reignite the prestige and desire to play higher level cricket.

The young lad is ok, bit of a headache but that's it - it's good and exciting for our lads to get to face someone like Riddle though, he's a talented cricketer. It's also a good reality check for some of our lads who perhaps rate themselves higher than they should, or think they know what "quick" is :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:38 am

carey wrote:Details????

Lost the toss and sent into field, started well with Rose Park lad Ahmed Ahsan bowling the ASCA opener in the 3rd over - 1/3.

McCreery for ASCA looked dangerous, drove well and confidently on a slow Cove ground, which probably helped us more as certain boundaries became doubles.

Ben Lennon (Fitzroy - 1/4 off 3 ) bowled well in partnership with Ahsan and Jake Finch (Seaton - 1/11 off 5).

Jake Beerenfels (Seaton - 2/23 off 5) copped some stick from Riddle before bouncing back with a double wicket maiden, and Luke Goodman (Enfield - 3/7 off 3.4) supported him and bowled sensibly and tight. Kinshuk Sharma (Desi - 0/5 off 3) landed some tidy leg spin.

I can honestly say it was the best standard of fielding i've seen from C&CCA - possibly ever.. sharp chances were taken, difficult catches running back taking over the shoulder running away from the batsman, direct hit run outs, diving and sliding around.. no chances were missed. If it hadn't been for the clean hitting of McCreery (18 off 20) and Riddle (24 off 16) the score could've been worse.

FOW: 1/3, 2/29, 3/34, 4/42, 5/70, 6/70, 7/74, 8/75, 9/75, 10/86.

In reply C&CCA got off to a cautious start, Desi Avengers player Kinshuk Sharma was looking sound, but a good spell of bowling from Trent Riddle was proving testing. In i think the 6th over, a sharp bouncer struck Sharma in the back of the helmet and he had to retired hurt with the score on 12. Polanski (Seaton) came and went in one ball, copping a gem that just nipped back a fraction and clipped top of middle. 1/12.

Captain Finch strode to the crease and took control with Jarrett and the two pushed the score to 42 around the 1st drinks break.

The spin of Hughes and mediums of Bampton from ASCA then struck, luring big (and unnecessary shots), and the brakes went on as C&CCA lost 4/6!

Kinshuk Sharma despite not being overly keen to bat again, padded up and went back out, and with Beerenfels from Seaton combined to push the score to 75 before he was dismissed with the team needing 12.

Bit of panic and nerves kicked in - the tail as long as a Kangaroos! Daniel Pigliacelli went in - he was called into the side 10pm the night before, plays in Fitzroy C grade, and isn't much if a batsman or bowler but brilliant in the field... he managed to survive the bowling of Riddle for the over, and clipped one over cover for 2 valuable runs to edge us closer.

Unfortunately soon after, Pigliacelli forgot where his ability lies and when he tried to smack Riddle back down the ground, he found his stumps shattered before he had swung the bat..

Harley MacKinnon from Fitzroy came out - Harley came down to watch, but when a player didn't show up, he reluctantly agreed to help out.. he fielded all day in his shorts (managed to get him some pants for batting), and borrowing someone elses gear went out to face the fired up Riddle.

Short ball somehow managed to work backward square for one.

Next over keeper missed a ball that appeared to come back in, and they raced for 3x byes. Then Beerenfels confidently hit the winning runs.

FOW: 1/12, 2/42, 3/47, 4/47, 5/48, 6/75, 7/81

CCCA 7/87 d ASCA 86

Man of the Match: Kinshuk Sharma

Other performances to highlight - the keeping of Polanksi, the allround game of Finch, Beerenfels with the bat, Goodman with the ball.

Honestly only one difference between the sides - the fielding.. CCCA held the chances they created, and ASCA grassed a few important ones.

With (hopefully) Hancock, Hedges, Bury, Kelly to come back into the side for PDCA, the batting strength will increase and should give a good show.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Tony Clifton » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:37 pm

Brilliant summary! And congrats on the result, great to see.
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby Magpies96 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:01 pm

Zartan wrote:
Daniel Pigliacelli went in - he was called into the side 10pm the night before, plays in Fitzroy C grade, and isn't much if a batsman or bowler but brilliant in the field....

Certainly is a great fielder, bit harsh on not much of a bowler, played his first A Grade game last weekend and bowled 3 overs. Not great figures, but has the makings of a good bowler like his brother if he can get his length right and learn to pitch it up.

Congrats on the win.
Fitzroy Cricket Club
Magpies96
Under 16s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps