Adelaide Hills Cricket (HCA, TVCA & A&EH)

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Adelaide Hills Cricket (HCA, TVCA & A&EH)

Postby Roxy the Rat Girl » Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:52 am

Corona Man wrote:
jackpot jim wrote:
Roxy the Rat Girl wrote:Season openers today with Strath V Langhorne Creek and Nairne V Wistow. My money is on Creeks to get up over the Stallions and Nairne to knock off Wistow. I think Creeks might give the top four a shake this season.

Creeks gave the Top 4 a shake last year ;)

Strath too good. PERFECT conditions at Strath. Good pitch, lightning fast outfield. Wouldn't it be great for every oval to have access to a Caravan Park Gold Mine enabling NO EXPENSE to be spared on it to have it in top notch nick. Good luck to them.
Creeks 9/177 (45 overs) Strath 4/181 (38.3 overs) were 4/84 b4 the Abbott brothers took charge with the bat.

Nairne 5/329 Sloon Tait 160 (13 sixes) smashed Wistow 124

predicting the Top 4 to likely stay the same as last year.
Nairne
Strath
Woodside
Creeks

Some interesting results from the first games of the season under the new structure. Interestingly it appears some of the more vocal opponents of the change "lowered" themselves to play anyway...... Be interested to hear how the "players" enjoyed the first hit out.

Yes I saw that, wonder if they will lower themselves further to play at the 'worst facilities in Australia' later in the season? :lol:
"cricket is the most important activity in men's lives, the most important thread in the fabric of the cosmos"
Roxy the Rat Girl
Under 18s

Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 34 times
Grassroots Team: Langhorne Creek

Postby jackpot jim » Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:56 am

Tony Clifton wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Lofty and Meadows tie in the season opener

Two ties in the one round

What are the odds!

Based on a detailed analyses of historical results of A Grade HCA one day results over the past 37 years, plus adding in a variation factor of 0.675% ive calculated the odds being 5783.84/1 rounded of to 2 decimal points. :D
jackpot jim
Coach

Has liked: 340 times
Been liked: 452 times

Postby Buffet bowler » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:35 am

Ok then, 2nd round coming up, for some their first run out, what's the predictions?
FWIW i can't see either Wistow or Ashbourne getting anything from their respective games against Strath and Nairne so for me game of the round will be reigning premiers Woodside against Lobey in their derby, with Woodside running out winners in a close one.
Buffet bowler
Mini-League

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times

Postby Roxy the Rat Girl » Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:08 pm

Buffet bowler wrote:Ok then, 2nd round coming up, for some their first run out, what's the predictions?
FWIW i can't see either Wistow or Ashbourne getting anything from their respective games against Strath and Nairne so for me game of the round will be reigning premiers Woodside against Lobey in their derby, with Woodside running out winners in a close one.

Wistow can beat Strath if they get the Abbotts and Cuzzy out cheaply, in fact any one can beat Strath if they can knock off those three cheaply. Ashbourne have a tough gig but have recruited well and are primed for the first game of the season. Lets just see what tomorrow brings. All the best to all teams and clubs.
"cricket is the most important activity in men's lives, the most important thread in the fabric of the cosmos"
Roxy the Rat Girl
Under 18s

Postby jackpot jim » Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:18 pm

Roxy the Rat Girl wrote:
Buffet bowler wrote:Ok then, 2nd round coming up, for some their first run out, what's the predictions?

Wistow can beat Strath if they get the Abbotts and Cuzzy out cheaply, in fact any one can beat Strath if they can knock off those three cheaply. Ashbourne have a tough gig but have recruited well and are primed for the first game of the season. Lets just see what tomorrow brings. All the best to all teams and clubs.

How many Poms have the Bulls got playing this year? Any of them gonna produce anything significant unlike most of the previous guys who have disappointed apart from when playing in the Carnival :D

As for Lobey, can they fill a team? Heard they heard they have about 15 players in Bali on a footy trip and have already Forfeited their C Grade match.
jackpot jim
Coach

Postby Roxy the Rat Girl » Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:14 am

jackpot jim wrote:
Roxy the Rat Girl wrote:

How many Poms have the Bulls got playing this year? Any of them gonna produce anything significant unlike most of the previous guys who have disappointed apart from when playing in the Carnival :D

As for Lobey, can they fill a team? Heard they heard they have about 15 players in Bali on a footy trip and have already Forfeited their C Grade match.

I reakon our Englishmen did alright last season with Chris winning the association bowling trophy and Ben finishing in the top 10 of A Grade Batsmen.
Roxy the Rat Girl
Under 18s

Postby jackpot jim » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:23 am

Fair call i guess Roxy.
Im probably more generalizing over the years they havent lived up to their potential imo.

I see the Great man, Willy Fowlston is back at the Bulls. For the whole season? Good pick up if he is.

So 2 rounds and 5 matches of A Grade are down with all 5 favorites winning comfortably. I know its only early but it looks like not a lot will change from last season ?

With the double chance format this season, its very hard to see Nairne NOT finishing Top 2 and playing in the Grand Final with their opponent Woodside or Strath with an outside chance to the Creeks who have lost a little in the bowling department this year with Golding going to Jervois and Clements having a year off.
jackpot jim
Coach

Postby Roxy the Rat Girl » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:27 pm

jackpot jim wrote:Fair call i guess Roxy.
Im probably more generalizing over the years they havent lived up to their potential imo.

I see the Great man, Willy Fowlston is back at the Bulls. For the whole season? Good pick up if he is.

So 2 rounds and 5 matches of A Grade are down with all 5 favorites winning comfortably. I know its only early but it looks like not a lot will change from last season ?

With the double chance format this season, its very hard to see Nairne NOT finishing Top 2 and playing in the Grand Final with their opponent Woodside or Strath with an outside chance to the Creeks who have lost a little in the bowling department this year with Golding going to Jervois and Clements having a year off.

The great man is back, and back for the season. We also have a couple of other great men who will play a bit more than in the past few years so we have a bit more depth for the A Grade.
Roxy the Rat Girl
Under 18s

Postby jackpot jim » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:24 pm

Great men in abundance? :shock:

Hows the Bullring looking? Drying out yet? Any chance of the A Grade v Creek being played there Saturday ?
jackpot jim
Coach

Postby Roxy the Rat Girl » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:07 am

jackpot jim wrote:Great men in abundance? :shock:

Hows the Bullring looking? Drying out yet? Any chance of the A Grade v Creek being played there Saturday ?

Bull Park is as wet as a shag and with rain forecast for tomorrow evening there is about a bugger all chance on playing there this weekend. The centre wickets aren't too bad but the outfield is sodden and boggy. Any chance of playing at your place?
Roxy the Rat Girl
Under 18s

Postby jackpot jim » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:52 pm

Roxy the Rat Girl wrote:

Bull Park is as wet as a shag and with rain forecast for tomorrow evening there is about a bugger all chance on playing there this weekend. The centre wickets aren't too bad but the outfield is sodden and boggy. Any chance of playing at your place?

My Place? Ummmm Got a reasobale size backyard but not that big ;)

Creek oval will be fine for Saturday weather permitting and if anyone can be bothered putting the covers on if needed.

How about tranferring to Strath Primary or Davenport Square at Maccy? Quality venues befitting of an A Grade match :lol:
jackpot jim
Coach

Postby Roxy the Rat Girl » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:45 pm

jackpot jim wrote:
Roxy the Rat Girl wrote:

Creek oval will be fine for Saturday weather permitting and if anyone can be bothered putting the covers on if needed.

How about tranferring to Strath Primary or Davenport Square at Maccy? Quality venues befitting of an A Grade match :lol:

Both teams made over 500, didn't finish until 10pm :lol:
Roxy the Rat Girl
Under 18s

Postby Corona Man » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:03 pm

Roxy the Rat Girl wrote:
jackpot jim wrote:
Roxy the Rat Girl wrote:

Both teams made over 500, didn't finish until 10pm :lol:

Could you imagine the whinging if our old mate Inside Word had to play on a primary school ground!!!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1280 times
Been liked: 3493 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Roxy the Rat Girl » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:49 pm

Corona Man wrote:Could you imagine the whinging if our old mate Inside Word had to play on a primary school ground!!!

He might make some runs for a change.
Roxy the Rat Girl
Under 18s

Postby jackpot jim » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:05 am

Had a look at Bull Park Oval for myself this evening. Pitch square looked in very good nick.
Had a good walk around all over the oval and it's certainly soft in places tho not too bad.
Bit like walking on plasticine
One patch in particular which was very wet was near the boundary near the Hut.
Seemed like the cause was a leaking sprinkler or something ? If thats the case it will never dry out.
Guess the biggest problem is that any further rain that falls, basically cant drain away as its still so wet under the surface.

3 rounds down and still no upsets. Early days i know but cant see much changing from last season.

Suggested A Grade Premiership Odds
Nairne $1.70
Strath $6.00
Woodside $6.00
L Creek $8.50
Lobethal $26.00
Ashbourne $51.00
Wistow $67.00
jackpot jim
Coach

Postby Roxy the Rat Girl » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:54 am

jackpot jim wrote:Had a look at Bull Park Oval for myself this evening. Pitch square looked in very good nick.
Had a good walk around all over the oval and it's certainly soft in places tho not too bad.
Bit like walking on plasticine
One patch in particular which was very wet was near the boundary near the Hut.
Seemed like the cause was a leaking sprinkler or something ? If thats the case it will never dry out.
Guess the biggest problem is that any further rain that falls, basically cant drain away as its still so wet under the surface.

3 rounds down and still no upsets. Early days i know but cant see much changing from last season.

Suggested A Grade Premiership Odds
Nairne $1.70
Strath $6.00
Woodside $6.00
L Creek $8.50
Lobethal $26.00
Ashbourne $51.00
Wistow $67.00

Ill take Woodside at $6.00 thanks Jackpot. And a bonus bet on the Bulls of course.
Roxy the Rat Girl
Under 18s

Postby jackpot jim » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:30 pm

Round 4 done & Dusted in A&EHCA A Grade and still no upsets.

Woodside Thrashing Wistow

Strath playing around with their batting order in their moderate run chase against Ashbourne got themselves in a little trouble b4 the Abbott brothers rescued them again to run out relatively comfortable winners as they did against the Creeks in round 1.

Lobey v Creeks was the tightest looking contest of the round and it turned out that way. Plenty of batsmen from both teams getting starts with no one going on with it to get a big score. Creeks eventually easing to a win with 6 overs and 4 wickets in hand.

Some interesting scores in the lower grades.
Mark Wimberly hitting up 140 for Lobey in a B grade 40 over game and still played on the losing team :shock:
jackpot jim
Coach

Postby Roxy the Rat Girl » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:18 pm

jackpot jim wrote: Some interesting scores in the lower grades.
Mark Wimberly hitting up 140 for Lobey in a B grade 40 over game and still played on the losing team :shock:

Thats cause Ashbourne won with a great all round team performance with everyone contributing in some way to the win. It was a very good knock though.
Roxy the Rat Girl
Under 18s

Postby jackpot jim » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:07 am

Half way mark of the season in A&EHCA
what do we make of it?
The A Grade change to all 1 day cricket seems to have been well accepted. Have yet to hear of any negatives as yet.
Nairne are on top and are destined to stay there and almost impossible seeing them not play in the Grand Final under the new "Double Chance" format for the top 2 teams
Race for 2nd spot is wide open, Strath currently a game clear but as usual still rely on too few in the team to get the job done which always leaves them vulnerable.
Creek after a slow and frustrating start to the season through little fault of their own, (Had 2 byes and 2 abandoned matches against the 2 bottom teams) have got their act together with consecutive wins over Woodside, Strath and Ashbourne to sit in 3rd spot and appear to be a genuine contender when at full strength. Should be a cracking match 1st up after the break against Nairne.
Woodside have been the disappointment sitting 4th with a 4 & 4 record. Their batting has failed them badly in recent games but you certainly cant write the reining premiers off.
Lobethal are sitting about where many thought they'd be. in 5th spot on the same points as Woodside but with an inferior NRR. They have a slight chance of sneaking into the 4 but will have to continue to win their remaining games against Wistow & Ashbourne whilst upsetting a few of the higher rank teams along the way.
Ashbourne and Wistow make up the rear as expected although they have certainly been competitive at times against the higher ranked teams.

Revised suggested market
Nairne $1.58 (in from $1.70)
Strath $6.00 (steady)
L Creek $6.00 (in from $8.50)
Woodside $7.00 (out from $6.00)
Lobethal $31 (out from $26)
Ashbourne $751 (out from $51)
Wistow $2501 (Out from $67)
jackpot jim
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:08 pm

Woodside the value there JJ??
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1280 times
Been liked: 3493 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps