Player movement 2017

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Player movement 2017

Postby Spargo » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:59 pm

Milly wrote:
ferret wrote:WWTFC Player/Coach situations:

Godden - Staying, not moving down the Port Rd. to Alberton.
J. Redden - Retired
L. Jarrad - Retired
P. Raymond - Retired
Von Bertouch - Studying O/S, miss at least 2017, future doubtful
Ainger - Unlikely to play on
O'Brien - Staying
Lewis - Will play on
Wundke - More than likely to play on.

The Eagles might need to do some recruiting!!

Mcgregor - Langhorne Creek

If so - genuine lol.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby southernbulldog » Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:21 am

Elliot Kavanagh returning home to Victoria for family reasons
southernbulldog
Reserves

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby Panther Pack » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:08 am

Mr Fuller wrote:

J. Redden - Retired
L. Jarrad - Retired
P. Raymond - Retired
O'Brien - Staying
Lewis - Will play on

Massive, massive holes to fill. While Redden had a terrible GF he had an overall good year and was very important for his tap work and could also kick a useful goal. While Bornholm is a better player around the ground, he is too short to be that #1 ruckman in the centre square and I think that was shown during the 2014 season. He will need to be replaced.

Jarrad will obviously be missed but his retirement has been known for ages so I would assume the coaching panel have a plan in place. Raymond's retirement is a bit of a surprise but to be honest, these days he is just a useful player and I think there are a number of players who could come up from the reserves and adequately fill his spot (like Rowland).

Ainger......not a huge loss. At this best he is very good but he plays about 1 decent game in 4. And when he is off his very, very ordinary. He'd be on huge coin so hopefully the cash this will free up can be put to good use.

Obrien - bloody good news.

Lewis - I was hoping he'd retire as these days he is too fat and slow and only has the fitness to run 10mins each quarter. Godden MUST give him the ultimatium over summer. Lose 10kg or play the season in the reserves.

Wundke - Fantastic. This guy can get as fat as he wants because he keeps giving us value for money. In the last two grand finals he was clearly our best player in a losing side so stands up when needed. Hopefully he can stay fit across the season and give the Ken Farmer medal another shake during 2017.

Maybe Wundke could eat 10kg of Lewis body!!!!
Panther Pack
Reserves

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 137 times

Postby Mr Fuller » Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:22 am

Panther Pack wrote:
Mr Fuller wrote:

J. Redden - Retired
L. Jarrad - Retired
P. Raymond - Retired
O'Brien - Staying
Lewis - Will play on

Massive, massive holes to fill. While Redden had a terrible GF he had an overall good year and was very important for his tap work and could also kick a useful goal. While Bornholm is a better player around the ground, he is too short to be that #1 ruckman in the centre square and I think that was shown during the 2014 season. He will need to be replaced.

Jarrad will obviously be missed but his retirement has been known for ages so I would assume the coaching panel have a plan in place. Raymond's retirement is a bit of a surprise but to be honest, these days he is just a useful player and I think there are a number of players who could come up from the reserves and adequately fill his spot (like Rowland).

Ainger......not a huge loss. At this best he is very good but he plays about 1 decent game in 4. And when he is off his very, very ordinary. He'd be on huge coin so hopefully the cash this will free up can be put to good use.

Lewis - I was hoping he'd retire as these days he is too fat and slow and only has the fitness to run 10mins each quarter. Godden MUST give him the ultimatium over summer. Lose 10kg or play the season in the reserves.

Wundke - Fantastic. This guy can get as fat as he wants because he keeps giving us value for money. In the last two grand finals he was clearly our best player in a losing side so stands up when needed. Hopefully he can stay fit across the season and give the Ken Farmer medal another shake during 2017.

Maybe the Eagles should implement a total playing list weight cap in addition to the SANFL imposed salary cap? We'd surely have to be the fattest team in the competition although I haven't really closely looked at the other clubs
Mr Fuller
Reserves

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 123 times

Postby Eagles Nest » Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:09 am

Port Power very interested in Brett Eddy.
Lose him and South will struggle.
Eagles Nest
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 30 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Postby Eagles Nest » Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:11 am

Loccy McGregor going again for the Eagles in 2017.
I'm sure Ramrod will be pleased.
Eagles Nest
Rookie

Been liked: 30 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Postby Booney » Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:16 am

Panther Pack wrote:Maybe Wundke could eat 10kg of Lewis body!!!!

Maybe? I assume you mean not in one sitting?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby therisingblues » Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:28 pm

Mr Fuller wrote:
Panther Pack wrote:
Mr Fuller wrote:

J. Redden - Retired
L. Jarrad - Retired
P. Raymond - Retired
O'Brien - Staying
Lewis - Will play on

Maybe the Eagles should implement a total playing list weight cap in addition to the SANFL imposed salary cap? We'd surely have to be the fattest team in the competition although I haven't really closely looked at the other clubs

A calorie cap, perhaps?
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby stampy » Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:34 pm

time for a poaching drive
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 331 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Mr Fuller » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:25 pm

I note that Sam Heinjus and Peter Hoban, both ruckman and former Eagles players each took out the Mail Medal for their respective country football leagues. With Redden retiring, I wonder if it worth looking at these guys again and seeking if they are interested in another crack at SANFL footy?
Mr Fuller
Reserves

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 123 times

Postby sib » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:17 pm

Dean Terlich has returned to Norwood

We are pleased today to announce that 2012 premiership player and Jack Oatey Medallist, Dean Terlich has agreed to terms and will return to the Norwood Football Club in season 2017.
Originally recruited from the Sydney Swans off their rookie list in 2009, Dean amassed 72 games, kicking 58 goals for the Redlegs before being drafted by the Melbourne Football Club in the 2012 National Draft at pick number 68.
The 27 year old has spent the past four seasons on the Melbourne list playing 35 games which included coming third in their Best and Fairest award in his debut year.
Dean and his wife Georgia are very excited to be returning to Adelaide and more importantly their Norwood Football family.
sib
Rookie

Been liked: 22 times

Postby Jim05 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:48 pm

Good get and hopefully just the start, have lost a bit of talent this year
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby eaglehaslanded » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:15 pm

If Ainger moves on, would the Eagles consider Jay Schulz
"We're the mighty Eagles"
eaglehaslanded
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Central United

Postby Grenville » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:35 pm

sib wrote:Dean Terlich has returned to Norwood

We are pleased today to announce that 2012 premiership player and Jack Oatey Medallist, Dean Terlich has agreed to terms and will return to the Norwood Football Club in season 2017.
Originally recruited from the Sydney Swans off their rookie list in 2009, Dean amassed 72 games, kicking 58 goals for the Redlegs before being drafted by the Melbourne Football Club in the 2012 National Draft at pick number 68.
The 27 year old has spent the past four seasons on the Melbourne list playing 35 games which included coming third in their Best and Fairest award in his debut year.
Dean and his wife Georgia are very excited to be returning to Adelaide and more importantly their Norwood Football family.

Cue Fester the ostrich claiming a Norwood flag in the bag.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby fester69 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:10 pm

Grenville wrote:
sib wrote:Dean Terlich has returned to Norwood

Cue Fester the ostrich claiming a Norwood flag in the bag.

Won a few flags lately have you??
fester69
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 32 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby fester69 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:41 pm

Alright Grenville I'll bite.
I'm an ostrich because I supported Ben and his game plan.
Fair call.
I'll support the next coach as well and head into every season believing that the Premiership is "In the bag".

Question for you, do you support Roy's game plan, which has failed to deliver a Premiership for six seasons??
Or are you too, by your own definition, an ostrich??
fester69
League Bench Warmer

Postby gossipgirl » Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:23 pm

Roys game plan is to sell houses :lol:
Adelaide Crows World champions 2017 - Crows 4.11 to Lions 4.5
gossipgirl
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 57 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby Grenville » Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:03 pm

fester69 wrote:Alright Grenville I'll bite.
I'm an ostrich because I supported Ben and his game plan.
Fair call.
I'll support the next coach as well and head into every season believing that the Premiership is "In the bag".

Question for you, do you support Roy's game plan, which has failed to deliver a Premiership for six seasons??
Or are you too, by your own definition, an ostrich??

Roy is a great coach, a true club man who all Centrals supporters are proud to have in charge. He has adapted his game plan in recent times and it is better than 3-4 years back, but there are still elements I don't like. He gets more right that wrong but he's certainly not without fault. I voice my opinions at the game and to a couple of former premiership players that I see reasonably regularly that are in regular contact with Roy (I very much doubt they pass on my opinion though). I have been known to get a bit worked up on the odd forum here and there from time to time as well. The facts of the matter are we have not had the cattle to win a flag in the last few years, the 2015 finals series we played well above ourselves. That is a reflection on our inability to bring through enough juniors, and besides the last season or two, we haven't recruited particularly well (the recruiting of Tim McIntyre made me want to spew). Next year if we recruit a couple of key players and some of the younger blokes keep improving I think we're a decent chance of playing finals again, and from there who knows? If not, realistically we will more than likely just be making up the numbers. Will me not agreeing with everything that happens at the club stop me from supporting The Doggies, no f**king way. I love my club like you do, but neither will it stop me from making my voice heard if something occurs that I don't agree with.

Your mob had a list that should've been up the pointy end come finals time, and whilst injuries did hurt you they didn't cause that much of fall from grace. I have a couple of mates who are, like yourself, died in the wool Redlegs men and they were exasperated at what was happening this year with certain selections and the much celebrated game plan. They also voiced their opinions (neither are shrinking violets, as messrs Ainger and Jarrad would testify to). Did that exasperation cause them to support their team any less, I can assure you it didn't. It also didn't stop them from realising that things weren't right at the club and burying their heads in the sand. I will never cast aspersions on your commitment to your club, I get that you bleed red and blue and the SANFL needs that passion to survive. However blindly following someone just because they are a top bloke doesn't make much sense to me.
Grenville
Veteran

Postby fester69 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:25 pm

Good answer!!
But by not potting Ben publicly, doesn't mean I didn't have my say on what was wrong this season.
And for the record, I did and still do believe in Ben's game plan, we just didn't have the players to execute it.
Biaised opinion from me though because he was my mate.
fester69
League Bench Warmer

Postby Grenville » Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:35 pm

fester69 wrote:Good answer!!
But by not potting Ben publicly, doesn't mean I didn't have my say on what was wrong this season.
And for the record, I did and still do believe in Ben's game plan, we just didn't have the players to execute it.
Biaised opinion from me though because he was my mate.

I never said you should come out and say he's a useless c***, but you surely can still make your opinion heard if you disagree. I don't reckon a fair whack of Legs supporters will agree that the game plan was much chop, as you've said yourself you're biased being his mate. I will look with interest to see if the rose coloured glasses remain on for his successor.
Grenville
Veteran

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL