ASCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: ASCA

Postby Booney » Thu May 19, 2016 10:23 am

Snooze you lose?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby wycbloods » Thu May 19, 2016 3:12 pm

wycbloods wrote:
heater31 wrote:
wycbloods wrote:
heater31 wrote:
Playing at Immanuel i hear.

Don't understand why you'd want to play turf in a hard wicket competition.

Or pull the rug out from under the existing user of those facilities without consultation.....

Who was using it last season?

Adelaide for their Juniors. We find out its signed and sealed from a parent of one of our juniors who attends the school.......

We put in a call to another school nearby and we also find out Keswick CC have also snapped up that facility as well :roll:

Why would they give it to someone else if you've been using it? Has the club been tardy with payments or is there just a poor relationship between club and school that Keswick were able to take advantage of?
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Dr. Rev. Martin Luther King Jnr.

CoverKing said what?

Agree with AF on this one!
wycbloods
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby Grafter » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:12 pm

Hello Brothers.... Any thoughts on ASCA going to 7+7 Comp for the coming season ? I think most players at our club (MPCC) are for it, but personally 7 One Dayers may well be the death of me.

8 teams in 9 Divisions. Interesting times indeed.

On another note. Our clubs fees will have to rise just for Cricket Balls alone.
Grafter
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 7 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:01 am

Grafter wrote:Hello Brothers.... Any thoughts on ASCA going to 7+7 Comp for the coming season ? I think most players at our club (MPCC) are for it, but personally 7 One Dayers may well be the death of me.

What was the ASCA format in previous years?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:32 pm

Zartan wrote:
Grafter wrote:Hello Brothers.... Any thoughts on ASCA going to 7+7 Comp for the coming season ? I think most players at our club (MPCC) are for it, but personally 7 One Dayers may well be the death of me.

What was the ASCA format in previous years?

It was 9 Two dayers and 2 One Dayers last season. So with the 7/7 split the season is now extended by a week. We at North Haven were much in favor of the 7/7. Definitely some interesting times ahead, looking forward to the start of the season!
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10298 times
Been liked: 1516 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby caleb777 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:18 am

So with only 8 teams a section. Will Morphy Parks and Morphett Vale drop down to section 2? What about ICC who dominated section 2? Will Belair want to come up as well? Or will those teams just stay in Section 2?

Too many questions
caleb777
Under 16s

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 19 times

Postby someguy1 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:37 am

Grading we got sent has both mophies and vale in section 2 along with ICC and Belair.

SECTION 1
Cove
Coro Ramblers
Plympton
Keswick
Port Noarlunga
Sheidow Park
South Road
Western Youth

SECTION 2
Morphy Park
Morphett Vale
ICC Sharks
Belair
Glenelg ANA
Mitchell Park
Coromandel
North Haven

SECTION 3
Warradale
Morphy Park II
Coro Ramblers II
Hamilton
Coromandel II
North Haven II
Keswick II
Pashtun

SECTION 4
South Road II
Sheidow Park II
Southern
Woodcroft
Kenilworth
Plympton II
Western Youth II
ICC Sharks II

SECTION 5
Port Noarlunga II
Morphy Park III
Warradale II
South Road III
Mitchell Park II
St. George
North Haven III
Belair II

SECTION 6
Morphett Vale II
Sheidow Park III
Keswick III
Western Youth III
Cove II
Mitchell Park III
St. George II
Coro Ramblers III

SECTION 7
Kenilworth II
Coromandel III
South Park
ICC Sharks III
Plympton III
Warradale III
Mitchell Park IV
Port Noarlunga III

SECTION 8
Southern II
Morphy Park IV
Sheidow Park IV
Coro Ramblers IV
North Haven IV
South Road IV
Warradale IV
Plympton IV

SECTION 9
Cove III
Woodcroft II
Hamilton II
Mitchell Park V
North Haven V
Keswick IV
Western Youth IV
Kenilworth III
Plympton V
Pashtun II
someguy1
Under 16s

Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 45 times

Postby caleb777 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:50 pm

Who are Pashtun?
caleb777
Under 16s

Postby The Dude » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:04 pm

Section 1 and 2 being all clubs A grade sides will it be a 1 up and 1 down or 2 up 2 down at least till a sides B grade wins section 3 and joins section 2??

Will clubs get to dictate which section there in?? A example ICC Sharks finishing 6th in a 10 team Section 1 then asking to go down and winning Section 2
Will be interesting how they work this out
The Dude
Mini-League

Been liked: 1 time

Postby caleb777 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:49 pm

The Dude wrote:Section 1 and 2 being all clubs A grade sides will it be a 1 up and 1 down or 2 up 2 down at least till a sides B grade wins section 3 and joins section 2??

Will clubs get to dictate which section there in?? A example ICC Sharks finishing 6th in a 10 team Section 1 then asking to go down and winning Section 2

ICC requested to go down after losing a significant amount of their players in the offseason.. But it does show the large gap between section 1 and 2. Belair have consistently done well in Section 2 but have struggled when coming up to section 1. ICC winning section 2 after losing a stack of players was definitely interesting. There was a fairly large gap between the 8 sides last year and Morphy Parks and Morphett Vale. I think Morphy Parks could do well in section 2 this year if they can keep their young players together. I also hope Flo takes a bucket load of wickets, absolute legend and highly respected at the Ramblers.
caleb777
Under 16s

Postby The Dark Knight » Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:40 pm

caleb777 wrote:
The Dude wrote:Section 1 and 2 being all clubs A grade sides will it be a 1 up and 1 down or 2 up 2 down at least till a sides B grade wins section 3 and joins section 2??

ICC requested to go down after losing a significant amount of their players in the offseason.. But it does show the large gap between section 1 and 2. Belair have consistently done well in Section 2 but have struggled when coming up to section 1. ICC winning section 2 after losing a stack of players was definitely interesting. There was a fairly large gap between the 8 sides last year and Morphy Parks and Morphett Vale. I think Morphy Parks could do well in section 2 this year if they can keep their young players together. I also hope Flo takes a bucket load of wickets, absolute legend and highly respected at the Ramblers.

See I thought ICC made the right move coming down, yes they won the flag but no way they could of competed in Section 1 with the team they had. Sampson is a gun and carried their batting, they didn't have much else. Bowling attack was good but still relient on Tonkes. And if you take out Tansell and restrict his impact (which is hard) Belair are an average side and not good enough for Section 1.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10298 times
Been liked: 1516 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby The Dude » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:42 am

The Dark Knight wrote:
caleb777 wrote:

See I thought ICC made the right move coming down, yes they won the flag but no way they could of competed in Section 1 with the team they had. Sampson is a gun and carried their batting, they didn't have much else. Bowling attack was good but still relient on Tonkes. And if you take out Tansell and restrict his impact (which is hard) Belair are an average side and not good enough for Section 1.

With the proposed sections looks like they will both be staying in Section 2 would be good to have a promotion/relegation rule in place before round 1
The Dude
Mini-League

Postby JapsEye » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:53 pm

Less than 3 weeks til round 1 and it's very quiet on here. I heard today Mccard and at least 2 others have left Cove. Any other known player movements in sec. 1 and 2?
JapsEye
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby Grafter » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:19 pm

As for us @ MPCC, We've picked up 2 opening bowlers for our A Grade, one from Brighton & the other from Flinders Uni.
Grafter
Mini-League

Postby JapsEye » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:47 pm

Is that Morphie Parks or Mitchell Park?
JapsEye
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby Grafter » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:04 pm

My apologies. That's Morphettville Park. We've also picked up 8 new/returning players who'll help us with numbers. I think the new 7/7 has peeked some interest.
Grafter
Mini-League

Postby Keefy » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:03 pm

The draw is up on MyCricket

One day games in rounds 1, 2, 7, 8, 9, 10 and 14
Keefy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 181 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby ALCOHOLIC ANONYMOUS » Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:21 pm

JapsEye wrote:Less than 3 weeks til round 1 and it's very quiet on here. I heard today Mccard and at least 2 others have left Cove. Any other known player movements in sec. 1 and 2?

Robshaw to porties
MCcard to Noarlunga
DR DRE IS NOT A LICENSED DOCTOR
ALCOHOLIC ANONYMOUS
Rookie

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Port Noarlunga

Postby Go for it » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:46 pm

So going by the fixture Morphett Vale A grade are now playing section 6 not section 2. We now have a bye in section 2 and Morphett Vale B grade have pulled out. Surely this is a joke
Go for it

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby Keefy » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:49 pm

Go for it wrote:So going by the fixture Morphett Vale A grade are now playing section 6 not section 2. We now have a bye in section 2 and Morphett Vale B grade have pulled out. Surely this is a joke

From what I've heard the section 6 side will be mainly made up of kids with a few senior players each week

Will be interesting to see how that pans out
Keefy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 181 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps