images (2).jpg
images (2).jpg (15.78 KiB) Viewed 5743 times
another grub
Coach

Has liked: 448 times
Been liked: 412 times

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby hollywood7477 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:58 pm

Why don't you actually give Sturt some credit. I watched the game. So when Hanson kicked the 3 goals in quick time was that the umpires fault. Sturt have been around the mark all year. The Crows probably played their best footy in the 2 finals they won. Sturt deserved the win and will probably beat WWT this Sunday

You all sit here and sook about the Crows and Port being in the SANFL and how much its ruining the SANFL and boo hoo . Seriously you all need to build a bridge. Its quite pathetic that 3 years has gone by and you still complain. I know from my time with an SANFL Club in recent years the players look forward to playing the Crows and Port because it gives them an opportunity to test themselves against AFL listed players.

Go and support your SANFL club. Every $ counts and you can actually watch some good football instead of wasting all your energy sitting in front of a computer eating a donut complaining about the AFL reserves in the SANFL. If you all hate the AFC and PAFC go boo them when the club you all say you love is playing them.

The SANFL is a fantastic league with both AFL clubs being part of it. You all just need to accept it wont change no matter how much you all cry on this thread!!
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 72 times

Postby another grub » Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:14 pm

Booooooo
another grub
Coach

Postby Magellan » Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:11 pm

hollywood7477 wrote:I know from my time with an SANFL Club in recent years the players look forward to playing the Crows and Port because it gives them an opportunity to test themselves against AFL listed players.

And the first two weeks of the finals proved that a finals quality SANFL team when matched up against a fully-fledged squad of AFL standard players fails that test dismally. I'm sure the Centrals and in particular the South players love the concept right now.

hollywood7477 wrote:You all just need to accept it wont change no matter how much you all cry on this thread!!

There's no mistaking the title of this thread. It's called the 'The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread'. Like most threads, it does what is says on the tin. You need to find the 'I love the reserves sides in the SANFL' thread, I'm sure it's one here somewhere. You're also free to start your own celebration of the the AFL reserves sides thread if you can't find it.

Perhaps we know that there's no chance in achieving the change we want. Perhaps that's not the point. Perhaps it's about simply venting our frustration, because for a lot of us the love for our club and the integrity of the comp stretches back decades, and we're entitled to be pissed off about change that (a) we weren't consulted on, and (b) is demonstrably ******* the comp.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby human_torpedo » Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:44 pm

I hate it when you get all serious and political Magellan..
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby tipper » Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:00 pm

human_torpedo wrote:I hate it when you get all serious and political Magellan..

dont forget right. he is 100% correct also
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby human_torpedo » Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:25 pm

tipper wrote:
human_torpedo wrote:I hate it when you get all serious and political Magellan..

dont forget right. he is 100% correct also

He quite often is right. But that is irrelevant
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Postby Magellan » Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:34 pm

Don't feel like you have to stop there, lads.

I must say, I like Tipper more than ht, but only because he reckons I'm right all the time. ;)
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Postby human_torpedo » Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:46 pm

Magellan wrote:Don't feel like you have to stop there, lads.

I must say, I like Tipper more than ht, but only because he reckons I'm right all the time. ;)

In my defence, Tipper said you were 100% correct on that 1 topic. I said you were quite often right on all topics..

But I like Tipper more than I like me also, so that plays..
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Postby Magellan » Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:56 pm

human_torpedo wrote:
Magellan wrote:Don't feel like you have to stop there, lads.

In my defence, Tipper said you were 100% correct on that 1 topic. I said you were quite often right on all topics..

But I like Tipper more than I like me also, so that plays..

Ah yes, well said, ht. Between the two of you I can confidently cover the argumentative spread. ;)
Magellan
Coach

Postby tipper » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:14 pm

do we three need to get a room??

trust me though, i am much less likeable in person. or at least thats what my wife says :lol:
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby human_torpedo » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:26 pm

Yeh lets not get off topic and have any positivity in this thread..

NO AFL IN THE SANFL
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Postby johntheclaret » Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:38 am

another grub wrote:Had a packet on the ravens...

Ahhhh that feels better. ...

I was thinking that might have been the case but I saw a post from you saying you were on Sturt at +20-28 line or summat like that with the comment Easy money ???? So I assumed you'd backed Sturt
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby johntheclaret » Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:44 am

Dutchy wrote:
another grub wrote:Had a packet on the ravens...

Ahhhh that feels better. ...

Yet from the preview thread -

another grub wrote:All points to the ravens getting beat.

They are rooted.

another grub wrote:Just put my house on sturt +28.5

Free money

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yep that's the post :D
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:00 am

hollywood7477 wrote:Why don't you actually give Sturt some credit. I watched the game. So when Hanson kicked the 3 goals in quick time was that the umpires fault. Sturt have been around the mark all year. The Crows probably played their best footy in the 2 finals they won. Sturt deserved the win and will probably beat WWT this Sunday

You all sit here and sook about the Crows and Port being in the SANFL and how much its ruining the SANFL and boo hoo . Seriously you all need to build a bridge. Its quite pathetic that 3 years has gone by and you still complain. I know from my time with an SANFL Club in recent years the players look forward to playing the Crows and Port because it gives them an opportunity to test themselves against AFL listed players.

Go and support your SANFL club. Every $ counts and you can actually watch some good football instead of wasting all your energy sitting in front of a computer eating a donut complaining about the AFL reserves in the SANFL. If you all hate the AFC and PAFC go boo them when the club you all say you love is playing them.

The SANFL is a fantastic league with both AFL clubs being part of it. You all just need to accept it wont change no matter how much you all cry on this thread!!

Just get the parasites out and get back to an even playing field.

Get the SANFL to get off their arse and start promoting the league.
Sort out the bloody website and put some one in charge of it that actually knows and cares about the SANFL.
Stream one game a week. Do a proper review of the games and pay for it if you have to, but get a full page spread in the paper every Friday Night with team reviews and news of each game.

Play every Saturday 2:10pm. Maybe the odd night game early season and bank holiday Monday's/ Anzac Day.
Start getting some tradition back, after all the SANFL's been here a damn sight longer than the AFL. Let everyone know, Saturday afternoon is SANFL time. F%#k when the Crows or Port are playing.

Play each other 3 times and cut out the byes.
Play the 3rd game at a neutral ground. We have at least 2 spare ovals with Thebby and Footy Park. Why not have a carnival at footy park where schools attend along with U15's, U16's, U18's, Ressies and A Grade are all there for both teams. It might even encourage some of the kids to come to SANFL games.

Get back to playing SANFL footy instead of some AFL hybrid with players who aren't skilled enough to play it. Get back to rough and tumble, the true essence of Aussie Rules
There'd be a few out there that aren't interested in the sanitised, corporate game the AFL has to offer.

If you want to get the fans back and encourage new ones, get back the integrity of the league and give them a genuine alternative to AFL.

Just like in the UK, not everyone wants to watch the EPL.
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby Reddeer » Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:26 am

johntheclaret wrote:
hollywood7477 wrote:Why don't you actually give Sturt some credit. I watched the game. So when Hanson kicked the 3 goals in quick time was that the umpires fault. Sturt have been around the mark all year. The Crows probably played their best footy in the 2 finals they won. Sturt deserved the win and will probably beat WWT this Sunday

Just get the parasites out and get back to an even playing field.

Get the SANFL to get off their arse and start promoting the league.
Sort out the bloody website and put some one in charge of it that actually knows and cares about the SANFL.
Stream one game a week. Do a proper review of the games and pay for it if you have to, but get a full page spread in the paper every Friday Night with team reviews and news of each game.

Play every Saturday 2:10pm. Maybe the odd night game early season and bank holiday Monday's/ Anzac Day.
Start getting some tradition back, after all the SANFL's been here a damn sight longer than the AFL. Let everyone know, Saturday afternoon is SANFL time. F%#k when the Crows or Port are playing.

Play each other 3 times and cut out the byes.
Play the 3rd game at a neutral ground. We have at least 2 spare ovals with Thebby and Footy Park. Why not have a carnival at footy park where schools attend along with U15's, U16's, U18's, Ressies and A Grade are all there for both teams. It might even encourage some of the kids to come to SANFL games.

Get back to playing SANFL footy instead of some AFL hybrid with players who aren't skilled enough to play it. Get back to rough and tumble, the true essence of Aussie Rules
There'd be a few out there that aren't interested in the sanitised, corporate game the AFL has to offer.

If you want to get the fans back and encourage new ones, get back the integrity of the league and give them a genuine alternative to AFL.

Just like in the UK, not everyone wants to watch the EPL.

Thats the ticket JTC Hollywood can go to Holywood
Verschrikkelyk!!
Reddeer
Reserves

Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby therisingblues » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:04 pm

hollywood7477 wrote:
You all sit here and sook about the Crows and Port being in the SANFL and how much its ruining the SANFL and boo hoo . Seriously you all need to build a bridge. Its quite pathetic that 3 years has gone by and you still complain. !

The fact that we are still at it three years after their inception, should tell you that this is no sook.
A sook is usually over something which is revealed as trivial as those that are doing the sooking get over it so quickly.
The only way we can be assured that the Ravens are trying in finals is if their AFL grade is still alive. Just about everyone on this board predicted a Sturt win if Adelaide lost to Sydney. Fact is, we simply do not know if the Ravens tried. That's a very difficult idea to accept in a true competition, I'll complain about it for as long as the situation remains. If i did otherwise it'd mean I've given up on the SANFL altogether.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Cambridge Clarrie » Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:22 pm

Magellan wrote:
hollywood7477 wrote:I know from my time with an SANFL Club in recent years the players look forward to playing the Crows and Port because it gives them an opportunity to test themselves against AFL listed players.

And the first two weeks of the finals proved that a finals quality SANFL team when matched up against a fully-fledged squad of AFL standard players fails that test dismally. I'm sure the Centrals and in particular the South players love the concept right now.

The Bulldogs and Panthers were as bad as the Crows were good. Both sides did themselves no favours in their respective games. If their players had played to their best they'd have been a lot closer or maybe even won!
"They do say, Mrs M, that verbal insults hurt more than physical pain. They are, of course, wrong, as you will soon discover when I stick this toasting fork into your head"
Cambridge Clarrie
League - Best 21

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 31 times

Postby another grub » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:05 pm

Dont give up. We have rights
another grub
Coach

PreviousNext