Sturt v Eagles AO Sunday 3:10

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Sturt v Eagles AO Sunday 3:10

Postby heater31 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:10 pm

JK wrote:Who were the Eagles missing from their best 21 and what chance of then getting back in 2 weeks time?

Boyd & O'Brien missed. Expect O'Brien to come back?
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Jim05 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:14 pm

clanger wrote:
Mickyj wrote:
csbowes wrote:Crows will beat either side comfortably.

The league almost needs a crows flag in front of 2,000 people to get the point.

Does raise the question crows lose in the afl how many afl listed players will be playing in the SANFL

if Crows lose to Sydney Henderson and Seedsman will be unavailable so it will be 18 AFL listed players playing against Sturt.
Cam Ellis-yolmen won't play due to hamstring injury.

Until the Crows suck Johnny off and miraculously are given permits for Henderson and Seedsman
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3553 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby JK » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:15 pm

Cheers mate
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4461 times
Been liked: 2988 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby holden78 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:53 pm

What a flog feast there today, so many tossers with Candy & Sturt gear on, just pathetic!
Game of incest next week or what? :evil: :oops:
holden78
League - Best 21

Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 55 times

Postby csbowes » Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:49 pm

holden78 wrote:What a flog feast there today, so many tossers with Candy & Sturt gear on, just pathetic!
Game of incest next week or what? :evil: :oops:

Yeah I'm disappointed by that too.

It was the same last week, saw crows scarves over central tops, I don't get it.
csbowes
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 77 times

Postby Magellan » Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:55 pm

Look out this week for Keith "Fencepostcards" Conlon to proudly proclaim (again) that he can't lose because he is a 'supporter' of both 'teams'.

Just be sure to have a bucket and mop handy when you read his Twitter account, involuntary contractions of your stomach and oesophagus are not out of the question.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby southee » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:37 am

Magellan wrote:Look out this week for Keith "Fencepostcards" Conlon to proudly proclaim (again) that he can't lose because he is a 'supporter' of both 'teams'.

Just be sure to have a bucket and mop handy when you read his Twitter account, involuntary contractions of your stomach and oesophagus are not out of the question.

I asked him the question via a tweet .... Crows or Sturt this week.

Still waiting on a response !

I felt sick seeing crows gear over a SANFL sides ....saw one guy in a Eagles top and 19th man crow hat for the first game. Start of the second game he swapped his hat over to an eagle one .... Wtf going on with that ?

I don't get it!
Is out of change.....thanks Cambridge Clarrie!!!
southee
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 859 times
Been liked: 123 times

Postby Mickyj » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:59 pm

southee wrote:
Magellan wrote:Look out this week for Keith "Fencepostcards" Conlon to proudly proclaim (again) that he can't lose because he is a 'supporter' of both 'teams'.

I asked him the question via a tweet .... Crows or Sturt this week.

Still waiting on a response !

I felt sick seeing crows gear over a SANFL sides ....saw one guy in a Eagles top and 19th man crow hat for the first game. Start of the second game he swapped his hat over to an eagle one .... Wtf going on with that ?

I don't get it!

I was told by an Eagles fan sitting near the coaches boxes people in crows gear for the first game took it off put on Sturt gear for the second game .
Afl I'm Crows
SANFL all day every day I'm an Eagles fan every one else is the enemy if I know the players in the real world or not I've worked with footy players .
There is only one SANFL team for my house .
This year my daughter came with us to make sure dad was ok first Eagles v Crows she was told Eagles or walk home lol she went Eagles
Land based Lure Bream Fisherman
PB
Hardbody Bream 38cm
Hardbody Mulloway 40cm
Softplastic Bream 38cm
Fly Bream 30cm
Mickyj
Coach

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 22 times

Postby MatteeG » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:31 pm

Wedgie wrote:
RB wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Eagles have earnt the privilege to be massacred in the GF.
Next week could be the smallest Prelim final crowd ever, who would go and watch the Cancers win by 100

I suspect the crowd at the GF won't be large either, in spite of in all probability 10k free tickets.

Try about 60-70K of free tickets.

Ha ha yep- I've got access to at least 6!
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby Magellan » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:47 pm

Wedgie wrote:
RB wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Eagles have earnt the privilege to be massacred in the GF.
Next week could be the smallest Prelim final crowd ever, who would go and watch the Cancers win by 100

I suspect the crowd at the GF won't be large either, in spite of in all probability 10k free tickets.

Try about 60-70K of free tickets.

A free turd is still a turd.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby therisingblues » Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:05 pm

Eagles were very strong. I do not think Sturt did too much wrong, just the Eagles were better. Their defenders so often seemed just that bit taller, or had positioned themselves better to spoil the mark. Si many of Sturt's inside 50's were ineffectual because of this. At the other end the Eagles forwards were so strong skilled. I think they scored 5 straight before a miss, and not all were easy ones.
I have to make a comment about Gamble's massive LEAP in front of goals at the northern end. It must have been line ball about it being a mark, I've seen less paid, and I reckon the leap itself should have contributed to it being paid ;) . Seriously though, if he came down with that ball, it soul easily have been the best mark I've seen live ever, possibly usurping any mark I've seen on TV also.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Mickyj » Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:17 pm

therisingblues wrote:Eagles were very strong. I do not think Sturt did too much wrong, just the Eagles were better. Their defenders so often seemed just that bit taller, or had positioned themselves better to spoil the mark. Si many of Sturt's inside 50's were ineffectual because of this. At the other end the Eagles forwards were so strong skilled. I think they scored 5 straight before a miss, and not all were easy ones.
I have to make a comment about Gamble's massive LEAP in front of goals at the northern end. It must have been line ball about it being a mark, I've seen less paid, and I reckon the leap itself should have contributed to it being paid ;) . Seriously though, if he came down with that ball, it soul easily have been the best mark I've seen live ever, possibly usurping any mark I've seen on TV also.

That's interesting and well said .
First quarter both teams made mistakes Sturt kicked points Eagles kicked straight . But sturts mistakes down back the ball kicked backwards ( yes Eagles did it to ) but the Sturt player rather than transfer the ball to the members side where Sturt had free men . He marked played on from whence it came resulted in a goal .
Pooles goal I can't explain how that was a goal except Sturt played on smoother from a small guy a kick that was a miracle goal .
Things like that lifted the Eagles
But marking you talk about Gamble yep I accept that .
But Ainger his arm held onto and pulled straight behind him in front of an umpire no nothing
Nick Hayes in front of me on the wing arm held onto one handed Mark fantastic
Thompson in the back line marks and spoils
Many things went on Macgregor must have gone to lordes

I hope Sturt play well against the Crows one of the last two SANFL sides must beat them
Land based Lure Bream Fisherman
PB
Hardbody Bream 38cm
Hardbody Mulloway 40cm
Softplastic Bream 38cm
Fly Bream 30cm
Mickyj
Coach

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 22 times

Postby matt35 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:57 pm

I called it all over when the Eagles kicked their 8th. Just could not see the best defense in the comp giving up a 33 point lead. It probably could have been a little closer at that stage, Sturt had missed a couple of chances, but the Eagles were ruthless in taking theirs up to that point, with 8 goals from 9 scoring shots. Up to half way through the second quarter, the Eagles looked like scoring pretty much every time they went inside 50. Sturt certainly worked their way back in to the game, but were never a serious threat to the Eagles lead. Brodie Martin had a shocker but I have since read he had an issue in the warm up?
No Surrender!
matt35
Under 18s

Has liked: 513 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby therisingblues » Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:39 pm

Yes Matt, it looked like "one of those days" pretty early. Eagles were stifling us and doing so many of the little things so consistently that never really looked like getting up. We got within 13 points at one stage, but the Eagles had just about all the answers.
I'd say that's our best performance against them this year so far, but they continue to be our bogey side.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby wedgetail » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:01 pm

A good win against an opposition who never gave in. Thought we were a bit more efficient in ball use than Sturt, esp in first half.
Poole, Lewis, Thompson, McGregor, Von Bertouch all terrific with some nice cameos from the others. Apparently Goldy threw his boots in the bin at the end of the game he was that disgusted with his kicking. Reckon Petrenko still has a fair bit to give and Wundke was down too.
Expect O'Brien to come in for Press and Boyd will be seriously pushing for selection as well (has been doing all the running training).
Unlike last year, we seem to have no major injury problems. Just need the Crows to get a few injuries this weekend or Sturt to win.
Luck is where opportunity meets preparation
wedgetail
Under 18s

Has liked: 245 times
Been liked: 83 times

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL