Centrals V Adelaide Saturday September 3 12:10

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Centrals V Adelaide Saturday September 3 12:10

Postby twosheds » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:15 pm

matt35 wrote:I personally was disappointed with the Crows turn out. Certainly more than your average game, but disappointing nonetheless. Weather in the morning would have put some waverers off if it was anything like where I was more generally, even we had second thoughts and that's saying something. A later time slot would also have helped, but we know why that was not possible. In spite of all that there was still a year on year crowd increase for the first week of finals, a far cry from a record low that some were predicting-we fell to less than 6k in 2013. I fear my partner and I will be two of very few Crows there at 12:10 on Sunday, but we'll be there regardless. P.S obviously nobody on here talking about quiet Crows supporters were sitting near my partner and I; probably not a bad thing. :)

The weather :roll: Eff me dead, now we've heard the whole gamut of pissweak excuses for the theatre goers not to attend . Could the defenders of the reserves concept be any more obtuse ?
Get your own Arts Show ya fairy !
twosheds
Under 16s

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 18 times

Postby Panther Pack » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:17 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:I'm not sure what I want to say on here.
I posted extensively on FB last night.
It's really disappointing to see what happened yesterday.

The end to enders were there, I sat with them in the last quarter.
Along with Cennals05, who it's always good to see.

Where were the Crows fans?
Probably at the Show, buying their Adelaide Crows showbag. And who can blame them? No one watches reserves sides. No one.

I've pretty much given up on whatever this debate is. I probably won't be able to help myself, I'm sure, but at this point...
But it was disheartening yesterday. We were playing SANFL football, Adelaide played SANFL football 1.5.
I've never seen so many 3 on 1 contests at an SANFL game. They were everywhere. We were nowhere - couldn't keep up.

The real disheartening thing was getting abused by a man, wearing the regalia of an SANFL team, at the end of the game because I dared to stand above the Adelaide players' race at the conclusion of the game (saying nothing - scarf raised above my head).
The bloke vehemently and continuously abused me (while his wife looked at me, shaking her head at the Centrals heathen, seemingly not unhappy wih her husband's behaviour) and, when I looked his way, he suggested we should go out the back for a fight.
The security bloke who was watching over me was bemused - "what's he on about?".
Even those who profess to support the eight clubs are at odds with each other on what this means. That's disheartening. Not only that a bloke who supports a club that is rich in heritage and over 100 years old will abuse a fellow SANFL supporter for making a silent statement, but that he doesn't understand what this situation means to his club.
It's bloody sad.

I'm not done, but I see others walking away and I'm bloody sad about it because I don't know what all of this means for the SANFL, but in particular the future direction of my club.

Great post.

Just want to say got a lot of respect for your club and the way you guys keep highlighting how unfair this Reserves in the SANFL situation is.

My biggest concern from day 1 has always been that as the AFL gets more and more professional and the gap in money grows between AFL & SANFL clubs I think the flogging we saw on the weekend will only get worse. I'm really worried my team will also get destroyed this weekend and we like Central do not deserve this as we didn't ask to play against AFL reserves teams but were forced to.

21 Full Time Professional athletes v 21 Part Time Semi Professional athletes is just not fair no matter which way anyone words it.

I strongly doubt the AFL reserves teams will be leaving the league anytime soon however I strongly believe the SANFL should look at capping the number of AFL players allowed to play in their reserves team to say 15 players.
Panther Pack
Reserves

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 143 times

Postby heater31 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:27 pm

Panther Pack wrote:
21 Full Time Professional athletes v 21 Part Time Semi Professional athletes is just not fair no matter which way anyone words it.

Look at your bloke that ripped his hamstring.....you could see it on his face that he knew that in all probability that his season is over, probably hasn't worked at his day job outside of football this week, accumulated medical bills and rolled up for training long after the little bubble crow boys have gone home to sit on the couch and watch Home & Away....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1265 times

Postby MW » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:34 pm

heater31 wrote:
Panther Pack wrote:

Look at your bloke that ripped his hamstring.....you could see it on his face that he knew that in all probability that his season is over, probably hasn't worked at his day job outside of football this week, accumulated medical bills and rolled up for training long after the little bubble crow boys have gone home to sit on the couch and watch Home & Away....

Wasn't 21 full time professional athletes but lets not let the truth get in the way of a good story hey
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2654 times
Been liked: 1882 times

Postby stan » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:38 pm

MW wrote:
heater31 wrote:
Panther Pack wrote:

Wasn't 21 full time professional athletes but lets not let the truth get in the way of a good story hey

Yeah no shit nobody watches bloody home and away anymore.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1257 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Apachebulldog » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:43 pm

MW wrote:
heater31 wrote:
Panther Pack wrote:

MW you are nothing but a Crow STOOGE and TOADIE I can not wait for the day your club comes up against a team of Professionals oh hang that will be many years away for your club that's if you survive.

Is it correct Westies cannot pay their alcohol bill thast the rumour going round.

Had a great year I see from Premiers to PAUPERS well done .
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby MW » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:51 pm

Rumours LOL
Shouldn't you be worrying about Cricket season now mate?
Attachments
untitled.png
untitled.png (63.03 KiB) Viewed 594 times
MW
Coach

Postby tipper » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:12 pm

MW wrote:Rumours LOL
Shouldn't you be worrying about Cricket season now mate?

it seems that your club was more focused on cricket season from before round 1. at least centrals had a reasonable year. ffs west were beaten on the ladder by North, and we all know how bad north are.....

what do you get out of provoking people here MW? it comes across to me that you are enjoying the whole situation. are you happy with the current state of the competition? glad that one of your clubs is shitting on a league that has survived for more than 100 years? maybe its time you took your smug self back to the afl boards
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby MW » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:17 pm

I'm getting no enjoyment out of this at all...but c'mon...a toadie? That was there for the taking!
You guys just need to try and find a little balance rather than one upping each other on sarcastic posts against the Crows sides.
Yep West were bad this year and blind freddy could have seen how bad we were going to be with getting smashed in the draft and rookie draft once again and also the run of injuries we got, with no real recruiting to speak off to replace them. I'm not going to smash the Crows SANFL side and the league in general because of it though.
MW
Coach

Postby tipper » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:24 pm

MW wrote:I'm getting no enjoyment out of this at all...but c'mon...a toadie? That was there for the taking!
You guys just need to try and find a little balance rather than one upping each other on sarcastic posts against the Crows sides.
Yep West were bad this year and blind freddy could have seen how bad we were going to be with getting smashed in the draft and rookie draft once again and also the run of injuries we got, with no real recruiting to speak off to replace them. I'm not going to smash the Crows SANFL side and the league in general because of it though.

balance? ill give the whole thing balance when there is some returned to the league. 3 different sets of rules, full time professionals against part timers, massive difference in off field resources, media focus only on the two ressies sides.....

the current state of the league can be laid directly at the feet of the afl sides. yes the directors voted it in (well, 6 of them did) but if it wasnt for your corporation pushing for it, it wouldnt have happened. ill keep taking shots at them until either the league dies, or the cancers are removed. get used to it. not everyone likes "the pride of south australia" as they would have you believe. and i dont even have an interstate afl side to be loyal to instead.
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby bennymacca » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:28 pm

I still cant believe you are bashing the AFL teams for acting in their own interests. Of course they will want it to be beneficial to them. But it was also up to the SANFL to determine whether this was beneficial for them, and it seems like its not the crows or the power that let themselves down in that regard.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Wedgie » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:33 pm

bennymacca wrote:I still cant believe you are bashing the AFL teams for acting in their own interests. Of course they will want it to be beneficial to them. But it was also up to the SANFL to determine whether this was beneficial for them, and it seems like its not the crows or the power that let themselves down in that regard.

Port didn't let anyone down, the Crows lies and deceit did. And yes, the fools who fellnfor those lies and deceit did too.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2068 times
Been liked: 3930 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby tipper » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:33 pm

bennymacca wrote:I still cant believe you are bashing the AFL teams for acting in their own interests. Of course they will want it to be beneficial to them. But it was also up to the SANFL to determine whether this was beneficial for them, and it seems like its not the crows or the power that let themselves down in that regard.

so its in the afl sides interests to drive the sanfl into extinction? what will happen with their reserve players then?
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby MW » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:36 pm

Wedgie wrote:

Port didn't let anyone down, the Crows lies and deceit did. And yes, the fools who fellnfor those lies and deceit did too.

Crows AFL pay $400k back to the SANFL, Port AFL pay zero. Who is letting who down?
So if Port were allowed to play their AFL listed players in their SANFL side with the same conditions before Crows put a side in, it would be ok?
MW
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:39 pm

MW wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

Crows AFL pay $400k back to the SANFL, Port AFL pay zero. Who is letting who down?
So if Port were allowed to play their AFL listed players in their SANFL side with the same conditions before Crows put a side in, it would be ok?

Port didn't lie or deceive to enter our comp.
400K doesn't even get close to cover the losses being made. 400K can pay for their rent at West Lakes.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby MW » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:40 pm

Didn't answer my question
MW
Coach

Postby heater31 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:41 pm

Wedgie wrote:
MW wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

400K doesn't even get close to cover the losses being made. 400K can pay for their rent at West Lakes.

Port were smart for once letting Sanderson, Trigg and Chapman do all the dirty work then piped up at the end if they get what they want we will have it too....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1265 times

Postby Wedgie » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:41 pm

MW wrote:Didn't answer my question

You asked two questions.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby MW » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:43 pm

:)
MW
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:43 pm

Wedgie wrote:
MW wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

Over $1.2m per year to keep Footy Park in order.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7543 times
Been liked: 10874 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL