3%
Rosewater
17%
Smithfield
23%

Total votes : 66

Re: CH9AFL Division 5, 2016

Postby Mr Beefy » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:15 pm

jo172 wrote:Surely Smithfield will have everything crossed for a Grand Final at Payneham Oval?

I know we will!

Yeah bad luck
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 407 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:26 pm

It will be interesting to see the trend with crowds this week. I reckon we will see bigger GF crowds this coming weekend purely on the basis that there is absolutely zero impact from AFL games/finals this week. People will still want their footy fix somewhere. Should get great SANFL finals crowds too...
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 743 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Dangeroos » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:33 pm

There'll be a fair amount of blue and white there on the day I'd reckon, stock up on the red tins Kenilworth.
Dangeroos
Mini-League

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 30 times

Postby oldman » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:46 pm

Ian wrote:
oldman wrote:
I reckon Smithfield have timed their run to perfection and might get over Lockleys this weekend. The big bodies on a nice sunny dry day might be able to kick a big enough score and get the job done. Lockleys would be pretty confident and with the home ground advantage and some super top end talent they will be in it all day.

In the Bs CBOC suffered a shock loss last weekend on their home turf. Maybe they were missing a few players not sure? They will be keen to bounce back as they have been the best team all year. Lockleys on the other hand turned their form around they have played some excellent footy and really troubled the top sides at times but then let themselves down with poor performances against the lesser teams. I reckon Lockleys might get up in an upset.

Well tipped oldman but what was with this comment after the game was won, especially strange comment after your pre game tips

oldman wrote:What happened in the B grade? CBOC have been just about unbeatable this year and have gone out in straight sets, did Lockleys have a few A graders running around in the 2's

I have followed this Division very closely this season who knows I might even be involved in it. I have thought all season that Smithfield would win the flag and I think they will get the job done this weekend. In the B's CBOC have been very very confident all year that they would take it out. Lockleys B's have come good after a disappointing patch towards the end of the season but they did beat both CBOC and the team they play this weekend. Pulteneys B's looked mighty impressive last weekend and will be hard to beat they are a pretty young team and they seem to play for each other and lock well drilled.
oldman
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 62 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby S Demon » Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:01 am

Are both Div 5 Grand Finalists definitely going up to Div 4?
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 371 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:23 am

Dangeroos wrote:There'll be a fair amount of blue and white there on the day I'd reckon, stock up on the red tins Kenilworth.

Pretty crap having it all the way there, the buses are going to have to have like 3 or 4 piss stops on the way home, they'll have to hold out til the South Rd/ Salisbury Hwy bit for stop 1.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7935 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:30 am

oldman wrote:
I have followed this Division very closely this season who knows I might even be involved in it. I have thought all season that Smithfield would win the flag and I think they will get the job done this weekend. In the B's CBOC have been very very confident all year that they would take it out. Lockleys B's have come good after a disappointing patch towards the end of the season but they did beat both CBOC and the team they play this weekend. Pulteneys B's looked mighty impressive last weekend and will be hard to beat they are a pretty young team and they seem to play for each other and lock well drilled.

Well you must have a fair set of crystal balls mate considering I don't even think Smithfield gave themselves much chance a couple of months ago.

Although it's never good having your B's exit finals early but they mus t be doing something right there as the Panthers were traditionally crap in the B's but have been very competitive over the past 3 years and I've noticed a lot of lads that played a heap of B Grade this season have been promoted to the 1's recently and holding their own.

Having the luxury of Ashby to come back into the fray is very tempting for them too, should be a cracking day sitting at 1 all at the moment, they were 0-2 against Lockleys and BOS.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby morell » Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:40 am

Smithfield were hotter than a Kunis/Portman Black Swan sex scene. Everything they touched turned to gold. Gollan was unreal in his pocket, so clever - Lockleys didn't have anyone nimble and smart enough back there to cover him. Voyzey did OK on Webber considering the supply and Webber's ability. Garner was well held - surprised to see him in the best - but the tagging rotations on him meant Cook went boonta.

Smithfield were so much more physically imposing as well. Just a massive side. Pretty unfit though! Needed hefty rotations all day to keep the pedal down. Might get exposed on a really hot day ...
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1143 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby zedman » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:47 am

morell wrote:Smithfield were hotter than a Kunis/Portman Black Swan sex scene. Everything they touched turned to gold. Gollan was unreal in his pocket, so clever - Lockleys didn't have anyone nimble and smart enough back there to cover him. Voyzey did OK on Webber considering the supply and Webber's ability. Garner was well held - surprised to see him in the best - but the tagging rotations on him meant Cook went boonta.

Smithfield were so much more physically imposing as well. Just a massive side. Pretty unfit though! Needed hefty rotations all day to keep the pedal down. Might get exposed on a really hot day ...

spot on morell..red hot was how i described it..that sort of form wont see anybody defeating them this week..no way garner was in the best 5 though..cook and stewart were the best mids on the ground..sadly our boys made error after error under pressure and produced our worst quarter of footy in 2 years..the fightback took us to 13 points down with 9-10 minutes left but it wasnt to be as we continued to turn it over..full credit to the opposition..i had some worries that they had improved greatly since we played them last over 2 months before..you dont produce big leads twice against a top team like BOS without having some real momentum starting to bubble up..

we wasted an opportunity saturday and the week before but the year itself was a consolidating one so in that regard it was a pass mark and whilst disappointed right now, we will regroup..we look forward to pushing a bit extra to take another step in 2017 and meeting up to 5 new clubs in div 5..

congrats to smithfield..what they have done in the last 3 years is quite remarkable and i have witnessed it first hand..i think they will get the win saturday in a game which will highlight the ultra defence of the hounds versus the ultra attack of the panthers..a hot day could be telling for the panthers but if the hounds cant keep up the running with their flood game style it could open up very quickly and turn ugly for them..they will be fresh and fit from playing only 1 game in 4 weeks though..ashby coming back in would be huge..sfc by 30-40..

oldman: see you at 12.15 saturday? :)

pulteney are the undisputed favorites in the reserves..our boys have been very honest and delivered an effort the last 3 weeks based on blue collar values and just working hard at the basics..they will give it all saturday but are losing players to serious injury every week and we are running out of qualified players!..they know they are up against it but have belief..lfc by 3 points? [-o< :)
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1080 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:50 am

zedman wrote:
morell wrote:Smithfield were hotter than a Kunis/Portman Black Swan sex scene. Everything they touched turned to gold. Gollan was unreal in his pocket, so clever - Lockleys didn't have anyone nimble and smart enough back there to cover him. Voyzey did OK on Webber considering the supply and Webber's ability. Garner was well held - surprised to see him in the best - but the tagging rotations on him meant Cook went boonta.

spot on morell..red hot was how i described it..that sort of form wont see anybody defeating them this week..no way garner was in the best 5 though..cook and stewart were the best mids on the ground..sadly our boys made error after error under pressure and produced our worst quarter of footy in 2 years..the fightback took us to 13 points down with 9-10 minutes left but it wasnt to be as we continued to turn it over..full credit to the opposition..i had some worries that they had improved greatly since we played them last over 2 months before..you dont produce big leads twice against a top team like BOS without having some real momentum starting to bubble up..

we wasted an opportunity saturday and the week before but the year itself was a consolidating one so in that regard it was a pass mark and whilst disappointed right now, we will regroup..we look forward to pushing a bit extra to take another step in 2017 and meeting up to 5 new clubs in div 5..

congrats to smithfield..what they have done in the last 3 years is quite remarkable and i have witnessed it first hand..i think they will get the win saturday in a game which will highlight the ultra defence of the hounds versus the ultra attack of the panthers..a hot day could be telling for the panthers but if the hounds cant keep up the running with their flood game style it could open up very quickly and turn ugly for them..they will be fresh and fit from playing only 1 game in 4 weeks though..ashby coming back in could be huge..sfc by 30-40..

pulteney are the undisputed favorites in the reserves..our boys have been very honest and delivered an effort the last 3 weeks based on blue collar values and just working hard at the basics..they will give it all saturday but are losing players to serious injury every week and we are running out of qualified players!..they know they are up against it but have belief..lfc by 3 points? [-o< :)

I personally think they wont change a winning formula unless injury forces them to.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby human_torpedo » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:51 am

Varcoe couldn't get above a limp in the second half.. Wouldn't shock if Ashby came in for him
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:53 am

human_torpedo wrote:Varcoe couldn't get above a limp in the second half.. Wouldn't shock if Ashby came in for him

You could be on the money.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby zedman » Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:01 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
human_torpedo wrote:Varcoe couldn't get above a limp in the second half.. Wouldn't shock if Ashby came in for him

You could be on the money.

the most dangerous mid size forward in the division will play if he is actually ready to play LM..its only a matter of who goes out for him..perhaps conlan or an injured varcoe?
zedman
Coach

Postby morell » Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:14 pm

Varcoe's knee buckles every time he lands on it - no way it's healthy. Really does look like he playing without a stabilising ACL...

And it makes mine ache just seeing him try and run.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1143 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:50 pm

zedman wrote:
the most dangerous mid size forward in the division will play if he is actually ready to play LM..its only a matter of who goes out for him..perhaps conlan or an injured varcoe?

He was ready last week but was overlooked, maybe the plethora of goal scoring avenues they have was more appealing than using the two obvious channels.

I'm expecting a bit of a random to step up to the plate this week and kick a few.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby coman » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:20 pm

morell wrote:Varcoe's knee buckles every time he lands on it - no way it's healthy. Really does look like he playing without a stabilising ACL...

And it makes mine ache just seeing him try and run.

Yeah true, but he still gets there and makes sure you no about it, and then he will get to the next 2,3ect. just like his brother, if he gets threw the week ok he must be a stayer. I hope so because I here that his brother will be heading down this weekend. (hopefully to sign some papers) lol.
coman
Rookie

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 61 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby oldman » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:42 pm

zedman wrote:

congrats to smithfield..what they have done in the last 3 years is quite remarkable and i have witnessed it first hand..i think they will get the win saturday in a game which will highlight the ultra defence of the hounds versus the ultra attack of the panthers..a hot day could be telling for the panthers but if the hounds cant keep up the running with their flood game style it could open up very quickly and turn ugly for them..they will be fresh and fit from playing only 1 game in 4 weeks though..ashby coming back in would be huge..sfc by 30-40..

Don't know if I can make it Saturday recently started a new job which sees me working weekends. Sure to be a hard tough game at 12.15 I wouldn't hand thought Pulteney would be "undisputed " favourites. Considering lockleys beat them pretty comfortably last time they played. Plus lockleys look to have a couple of big boys up forward who can be very dangerous.
oldman
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 62 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby human_torpedo » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:02 pm

Excuse the ignorance.. But are Rosewater players eligible for the medal? Do the sanctions for next season for those in the infamous photo come into play for this seasons medal count? Jake Williams would be amongst the contenders given he stands out in victories, and they still had 9 of them..
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:05 pm

Not ignorance at all, it's a very good question.

The club was supsended so any Rosies player who wasn't individually suspended throughout the year can still win it.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1739 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby zedman » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:13 pm

human_torpedo wrote:Excuse the ignorance.. But are Rosewater players eligible for the medal? Do the sanctions for next season for those in the infamous photo come into play for this seasons medal count? Jake Williams would be amongst the contenders given he stands out in victories, and they still had 9 of them..

i think mazzone garner martinello brincat or williams are the main chances..
zedman
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League