Port Adelaide 2016

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2016

Postby valleys07 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:08 pm

Not at this stage, Benny.

Currently stands at a 1 year ban, but will be extended to life if it is found her actions were racially motivated.

Ridiculous decision. Throw the bloody book at her, racially motivated or not.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1168 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby bennymacca » Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:11 pm

valleys07 wrote:Not at this stage, Benny.

Currently stands at a 1 year ban, but will be extended to life if it is found her actions were racially motivated.

Oh ok, i just read the article on the AFL website that said it was life.

It shouldnt matter. ANYTHING thrown onto the ground should get you banned for life

her actions bouncing around giving people the finger should be enough to get her banned for a while anyway
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Jim05 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:27 pm

bennymacca wrote:

It shouldnt matter. ANYTHING thrown onto the ground should get you banned for life

her actions bouncing around giving people the finger should be enough to get her banned for a while anyway

Agree about banning her for throwing things on the field but you can't ban people for flipping the bird
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby bennymacca » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:15 pm

Jim05 wrote:
bennymacca wrote:

Agree about banning her for throwing things on the field but you can't ban people for flipping the bird

If you did it to a cop you would get done for offensive behaviour.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:17 pm

bennymacca wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
bennymacca wrote:

If you did it to a cop you would get done for offensive behaviour.

They aren't cops.
Shit I'd be arrested 10 times a day if I got done for flipping the bird to people
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby bennymacca » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:23 pm

i find it relaxing to flip off idiots when im driving lol
bennymacca
Coach

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:58 pm

Ruben Carter wrote:
carey wrote:Things I learnt tonight, Our effort to was outstanding which raises the question why do we need a showdown to show that effort? Our Foot skills are nothing short of disgraceful, And a lot of that from our leaders and better players.

O'Shea and Clurey are simply not up to it, Shultz looks cooked. Best for both parties to gracefully go seperate ways. Westhoff is the most frustrating footballer at our club. I love the look of Palmer.

Now on to Toumpas simply cost us the game. He is not only the single worst player at our club but by a long way the worst in the AFL simply staggers me he gets a game I swear I would offer the side more than him, he's a joke. He also owes me a bed that last hand ball in the last 1/4 did it for me I can't believe how bad he is.

Things I learnt last night
1) Port's skills under pressure are woeful, they need to forget about Dubai, being elite about fitness, etc and just spend the off-season fixing up our fundamentals. Too many players that have very poor disposal.
2) The Crows are anything but a Premiership contender. Looked pretty average against a sub-standard opponent.

I think your mob deserve more credit that that for their effort last night. For 3 quarters they played with an intensity that would have taken it up to anyone. They were far from sub standard, but their players lacked the polish and missed targets.
Just because the Crows kicked 3 goals 9 in the second quarter they are far from premiership contenders? I don't know what game you were watching mate, that was far from a sub standard intensity for the majority.....
I'd be filthy as a Port fan seeing that after the garbage they have dished up for the best part of 2 years.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby valleys07 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:01 pm

Port conceded 80 points last night from turnovers.

That sh*ts me.

Skills is literally the only thing we should be working on all summer.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

valleys07
Coach

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:13 pm

Think that's got something to do with the cattle you had out there too. Still conceded 34 scoring shots, could have easily had 150-160 points kicked against you but it didn't happen. But you can't question their endeavour for the majority of the match as she was a hot potato for long periods of time.
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby Ruben Carter » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:18 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:
Ruben Carter wrote:
carey wrote:Things I learnt tonight, Our effort to was outstanding which raises the question why do we need a showdown to show that effort? Our Foot skills are nothing short of disgraceful, And a lot of that from our leaders and better players.

O'Shea and Clurey are simply not up to it, Shultz looks cooked. Best for both parties to gracefully go seperate ways. Westhoff is the most frustrating footballer at our club. I love the look of Palmer.

Now on to Toumpas simply cost us the game. He is not only the single worst player at our club but by a long way the worst in the AFL simply staggers me he gets a game I swear I would offer the side more than him, he's a joke. He also owes me a bed that last hand ball in the last 1/4 did it for me I can't believe how bad he is.

Things I learnt last night
1) Port's skills under pressure are woeful, they need to forget about Dubai, being elite about fitness, etc and just spend the off-season fixing up our fundamentals. Too many players that have very poor disposal.
2) The Crows are anything but a Premiership contender. Looked pretty average against a sub-standard opponent.

I think your mob deserve more credit that that for their effort last night. For 3 quarters they played with an intensity that would have taken it up to anyone. They were far from sub standard, but their players lacked the polish and missed targets.
Just because the Crows kicked 3 goals 9 in the second quarter they are far from premiership contenders? I don't know what game you were watching mate, that was far from a sub standard intensity for the majority.....
I'd be filthy as a Port fan seeing that after the garbage they have dished up for the best part of 2 years.

You think the Crows would've beaten Sydney, Hawthorn or Geelong on last night's performance? Dreaming.... :roll:
If you don’t like my words, don’t listen. If you don’t like my appearance, don’t look. If you don’t like my actions, turn your head; It’s as simple as that.
Ruben Carter
Reserves

Has liked: 121 times
Been liked: 75 times
Grassroots Team: Westminster OS

Postby valleys07 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:22 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Think that's got something to do with the cattle you had out there too. Still conceded 34 scoring shots, could have easily had 150-160 points kicked against you but it didn't happen. But you can't question their endeavour for the majority of the match as she was a hot potato for long periods of time.

Of course it has something to do with the cattle. We have long recruited players who are not good users of the footy, nor are they composed in pressure situations.

Game plan is another area of concern. I literally have no idea what we are trying to accomplish half of the time.

valleys07
Coach

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:27 pm

Do you think Hawthorn would have beaten anyone in the top 8 when they got whacked by Melbourne 2 weeks ago?

Do you think Geelong would have beaten snyone in the top 6 when they crawled over Richmond last week?

Do you think Sydney would have beaten anyone in the top 4 3 weeks ago when they just got over Carlton at home?

If you're basing premiership chances on that game last night then you're a harsh man. I'm not being precious either as I'm as critical as anyone is of the Crows and my posts in the last 3 days show this. But to write them off based on their effort last night is laughable. They still put up 34 scoring shots.
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:35 pm

valleys07 wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:Think that's got something to do with the cattle you had out there too. Still conceded 34 scoring shots, could have easily had 150-160 points kicked against you but it didn't happen. But you can't question their endeavour for the majority of the match as she was a hot potato for long periods of time.

Of course it has something to do with the cattle. We have long recruited players who are not good users of the footy, nor are they composed in pressure situations.

Game plan is another area of concern. I literally have no idea what we are trying to accomplish half of the time.

FWIW mate I'm not dismissing what you are saying, you're a well educated footy man and your posts show this. I just think last nights game deserves more credit than some people are giving it.

You raise some excellent points about the game plan. AA went to the throat of KT last night before the game and it's really the first time I've seen an Adelaide media source do that rather than just ask the question and walk away. They really questioned their forward planning and pretty much said that from the outside you look like you have no idea what you want to achieve.
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby valleys07 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:43 pm

Sorry mate, I didn't mean for that to come across as though I was having a crack at you. I absolutely agree that the side we are putting up at this point is hampered due to injury/suspension.

I was proud of our effort last night. All we can ask for as supporters, is that our respective teams have a crack week in week out. I am prepared to cop that we are not up with the best in the comp in terms of skill level. What I cannot cop is when we serve up half arsed effort, like what we served up against Adelaide, Carlton, Fremantle, GWS, Melbourne, Sydney & Geelong to name a few.

valleys07
Coach

Postby Gozu » Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:50 pm

Supposedly that feral chick that threw the banana at Betts also called him a monkey!

See ya later
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 659 times

Postby Ruben Carter » Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:54 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Do you think Hawthorn would have beaten anyone in the top 8 when they got whacked by Melbourne 2 weeks ago?

Do you think Geelong would have beaten snyone in the top 6 when they crawled over Richmond last week?

Do you think Sydney would have beaten anyone in the top 4 3 weeks ago when they just got over Carlton at home?

If you're basing premiership chances on that game last night then you're a harsh man. I'm not being precious either as I'm as critical as anyone is of the Crows and my posts in the last 3 days show this. But to write them off based on their effort last night is laughable. They still put up 34 scoring shots.

Sorry to offend you LK, just my opinion FWIW.
I think there's daylight between those 3 sides I mentioned and the Crows. That's my opinion, not necessarily a fact. We'll know if I'm right in 3-4 weeks i guess. I think Port's effort last night was great, but they are not a great side and didn't play a great game last night, In My Opinion.
If you don’t like my words, don’t listen. If you don’t like my appearance, don’t look. If you don’t like my actions, turn your head; It’s as simple as that.
Ruben Carter
Reserves

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:02 pm

Not offending mate I just don't agree with you. Play on.
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby Ruben Carter » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:43 pm

Ruben Carter wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:Do you think Hawthorn would have beaten anyone in the top 8 when they got whacked by Melbourne 2 weeks ago?

I think there's daylight between those 3 sides I mentioned and the Crows. That's my opinion, not necessarily a fact. We'll know if I'm right in 3-4 weeks i guess. I think Port's effort last night was great, but they are not a great side and didn't play a great game last night, In My Opinion.

I didn't expect any Crows supporter to agree with me.
Ruben Carter
Reserves

Postby cracka » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:28 pm

Ruben Carter wrote:
Ruben Carter wrote:

I didn't expect any Crows supporter to agree with me.

I agree with those 3 being ahead of the Crows, not by daylight however. Even though we're 2nd on the ladder at the moment, Hawthorn, Sydney & Geelong are finals hardened experienced players & until we can beat them in a finals game we are not a genuine contender.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 559 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby gossipgirl » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:32 pm

Well done PAFC for the life time ban and hopefully she can get the help she sadly needs.
Adelaide Crows World champions 2017 - Crows 4.11 to Lions 4.5
gossipgirl
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 57 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL