The Dark Side...leads to evil it does young Jedi

Talk on the national game

The Dark Side...leads to evil it does young Jedi

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:16 pm

With Adelaide and Sydney looking like locks for a top four spot the unthinkable might occur over the last two weeks of the season. I reckon Hawthorn and Geelong will have a temporary truce and actually barrack for their arch rivals to win their last two games. What the?? @-)

With Geelong as flaky as Keith Richards' skin and the Hawks relying on fewer than they used to in their glory years I think both sides would fancy their chances against the other at the G in the Qualifying Final. If the Hawks could order an opponent it would be Geelong. I don't think the Hawks would like to face up to GWS Giants on the large ground with their running power and Sydney has already beaten Hawthorn in Melbourne this year and the Crows are in bloody good form also.

As for the Cats, a trip to Sydney would certainly not be on the wish list after they flogged us at Cat Park and a trip to Adelaide is never an easy one even if the Cats did get the job done in May. You'd think Geelong would rather play in Melbourne against the Hawks. So could it be that Hawks fans will be hoping Geelong win and that Geelong fans would be hoping for a Hawk victory?

Beware the Dark Side Young Jedi, leads to evil it does!

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1710 times
Been liked: 1825 times

Re: The Dark Side...leads to evil it does young Jedi

Postby am Bays » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:23 pm

Don't think the Hawks will mind playing Adelaide in the 1st week of the finals. Their press is tailor made for playing against the likes of Adel, plus Hawthorn are much cleaner at ground balls compared to Adel.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 168 times
Been liked: 1845 times

Postby carey » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:29 pm

am Bays wrote:Don't think the Hawks will mind playing Adelaide in the 1st week of the finals. Their press is tailor made for playing against the likes of Adel, plus Hawthorn are much cleaner at ground balls compared to Adel.

Crows will probably play Sydney at the SCG and just lose, Come home beat West Coast then go to the G and lose to the Hawks in the 3rd week of the finals.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2813 times
Been liked: 2999 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:57 pm

if swans get a home final it will be at ANZ :(
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3039 times
Been liked: 2407 times

Postby Bum Crack » Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:06 pm

Hawks won't even end up in the 4. First week will be Swans v GWS and ANZ Stadium and Cows v Cats at Adelaide Oval. I'd love to play Hawks as we'd touch them up no dramas. Adelaide in Adelaide will be tough and could end up third time lucky this year for the Cows. At least I'll get to watch the game in Adelaide.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 321 times
Been liked: 896 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby MatteeG » Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:50 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:With Adelaide and Sydney looking like locks for a top four spot the unthinkable might occur over the last two weeks of the season. I reckon Hawthorn and Geelong will have a temporary truce and actually barrack for their arch rivals to win their last two games. What the?? @-)

With Geelong as flaky as Keith Richards' skin and the Hawks relying on fewer than they used to in their glory years I think both sides would fancy their chances against the other at the G in the Qualifying Final. If the Hawks could order an opponent it would be Geelong. I don't think the Hawks would like to face up to GWS Giants on the large ground with their running power and Sydney has already beaten Hawthorn in Melbourne this year and the Crows are in bloody good form also.

As for the Cats, a trip to Sydney would certainly not be on the wish list after they flogged us at Cat Park and a trip to Adelaide is never an easy one even if the Cats did get the job done in May. You'd think Geelong would rather play in Melbourne against the Hawks. So could it be that Hawks fans will be hoping Geelong win and that Geelong fans would be hoping for a Hawk victory?

Beware the Dark Side Young Jedi, leads to evil it does!

regards,

REB

I think both sides of the argument just threw up a bit.

:D
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Board index   Football  AFL