R17 - Glenelg v Norwood @ Glenelg Sunday

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: R17 - Glenelg v Norwood @ Glenelg Sunday

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:14 pm

Jim05 wrote:
gossipgirl wrote:
fester69 wrote:We should never have been in a position for an umpire to decide a match.
But the last two bullshit frees to Rioli sadly highlight the standard of umpiring in the SANFL.
I'm devastated by the result, but I might be more devastated by my realisation the SANFL is dying.

That's the worst crowd number I've ever been a part of. Somehow the numbers will be fudged to save the SANFL from total embarrassment but the 938 at Noarlunga puts this crowd to shame. 800 if lucky.
Norwood's front running fans given up and Glenelg supporters knowing their club is on death's door not bothering to turn up.
Sad situation all round.

Sour grapes and too many lemons

Not the umps fault the player made no attempt

Pay them all ******* day day then!
Was about 50 worse ones that that during the day that went unpunished. And don't get me started on that free to Rioli where he dived

Yep the norwood player tackled who had prior opportunity on the south-west corner of the square was a horror decision. But the umps were useless both ways from what I saw.
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby SimonH » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:14 pm

Useless footy stat: a team that was down 5 goals to 9 at three-quarter time stormed home with 5 last-quarter goals to win by 6 points today at the Bay.

That team was the Norwood reserves.

(The difference was that Glenelg reserves at least kicked a goal in the final quarter.)
SimonH
Under 18s

Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 62 times

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:22 pm

Great win today. Held our pressure from the first bounce but skills were letting us down. We kept pressing and pushing and Norwood broke.

Hopefully Joseph's injury isn't too serious, but it didn't look good.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 444 times
Been liked: 1208 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby stampy » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:21 pm

fester69 wrote:We should never have been in a position for an umpire to decide a match.
But the last two bullshit frees to Rioli sadly highlight the standard of umpiring in the SANFL.
I'm devastated by the result, but I might be more devastated by my realisation the SANFL is dying.

That's the worst crowd number I've ever been a part of. Somehow the numbers will be fudged to save the SANFL from total embarrassment but the 938 at Noarlunga puts this crowd to shame. 800 if lucky.
Norwood's front running fans given up and Glenelg supporters knowing their club is on death's door not bothering to turn up.
Sad situation all round.

**** you talk shite, me and my family didnt go purely cos of the weather nothing else, to say our supporters are deserting the club shows that you have nfi
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 331 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby matt35 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:39 pm

I second Stampy's comment. Absolute garbage re crowd. My girlfriend and I also did not go simply due to the weather; we had planned to be there but given the weather and the fact she is recovering from a cold that got on her chest we stayed home and watched it on tv. Shocking weather +live tv will always mean a big hit to crowds; it always has and always will. Last week we had 2,849 with very few opposition supporters.

Now come on Roosters; knock off the Dogs next week!
No Surrender!
matt35
Under 18s

Has liked: 513 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby fester69 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:00 am

Waaaaaaa!!! It's a winter sport!!
fester69
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 32 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby stampy » Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:10 am

yep, there's winter and then there's shit weather
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 331 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby HeartBeatsTrue » Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:25 am

Yeah Fester talks shite, but this time he's spot on.

IMO if this match was 3 years ago, with identical weather conditions, there would have been a bigger crowd. I fear the crowd figure for our next game v West at Richmond.

On the game, Norwood should have taken more chances in 3rd qtr which would have kept umpires out of the game. Couple of gimme goals went begging.
50 or so frees although scrappy conditions is way too many.
HeartBeatsTrue
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Pooraka

Postby fester69 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:32 am

Fudged crowd number of 1488, of which only 364 were Glenelg ticket holders.
fester69
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 32 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby topsywaldron » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:06 pm

Why is anyone surprised by low crowd numbers? Given the clubs and SANFL themselves have shown nothing but contempt for supporters in the last three years I'm amazed anyone bothers turning up.

Proof of where the SANFL sits is that Channel 7 are televising the sh*ttest game of all time this weekend, a game between two teams who don;'t care if they win or lose. Nice advert for the comp.
'People are not stupid. They know when they are being conned. And two reserves teams operating in a League competition will reduce it to a farce, a competition without a soul.'

Dion Hayman 24th July 2013
topsywaldron
Veteran

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 218 times

Postby Grenville » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:11 pm

Sad situation all round.

Bit of a sweeping generalisation there, there have been some bandwaggoners jump off but to say those who didn't turn up have given up is crap (I know of at least 3-4 regular Legs diehards who couldn't make it,not because they didn't want to). About as crap as blindly following a coach no matter what inadequacies he has displayed.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby RM » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:30 am

topsywaldron wrote:Why is anyone surprised by low crowd numbers? Given the clubs and SANFL themselves have shown nothing but contempt for supporters in the last three years I'm amazed anyone bothers turning up.

Proof of where the SANFL sits is that Channel 7 are televising the sh*ttest game of all time this weekend, a game between two teams who don;'t care if they win or lose. Nice advert for the comp.

Two teams that don't care if they win?????
Wtf you have no idea. Of course they want to win.

FFS
RM
Under 16s

Location: Near Grand North, The Northern Tavern and Prospect Oval. All belong to the Mighty NAFC.
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Lincoln South

Postby Magellan » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:33 am

RM wrote:
topsywaldron wrote:Why is anyone surprised by low crowd numbers? Given the clubs and SANFL themselves have shown nothing but contempt for supporters in the last three years I'm amazed anyone bothers turning up.

Two teams that don't care if they win?????
Wtf you have no idea. Of course they want to win.

FFS

They are reserve sides. Their ultimate goal is to give their second best players a chance to play and stay match fit, promote a team environment for these players, and provide an opportunity for AFL standard players to find form and/or get back to speed post-injury.

The coach's instruction isn't to put the best side out there each week in order to win a flag, it's to manage the rest of the squad so that there's a ready-made stock of replacement players schooled-up on how the AFL side plays. As we've seen, this can involve taking in-form players off at various times to preserve them for an upcoming AFL game, which is the antithesis of a side whose primary goal is to win.

The players, as individuals with pride in how they go about their business on the ground, want to win, no doubt. But the structure around how they go about it as a team does not prioritise winning.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Wedgie » Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:15 pm

Thanks for the link Big Phil. Geezus, Norwood were robbed, both the one on the boundary and the last one should have been frees to Norwood! Rioli held the guernsey of the Norwood player before he had it and then on the last one it was the Bays player holding the ball in the pack.
Wow! Glad I don't have much time for Norwood, I'd be ropeable if that was North or South (and I cared as much as I used to) :shock:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Booney » Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:46 pm

stampy wrote:

Sad situation all round.

**** you talk shite, me and my family didnt go purely cos of the weather nothing else, to say our supporters are deserting the club shows that you have nfi

Yes, fester was wrong, he should have called you a fair weather supporter or soft cock and not suggested you are deserting your club.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:10 pm

Wedgie wrote:Thanks for the link Big Phil. Geezus, Norwood were robbed, both the one on the boundary and the last one should have been frees to Norwood! Rioli held the guernsey of the Norwood player before he had it and then on the last one it was the Bays player holding the ball in the pack.
Wow! Glad I don't have much time for Norwood, I'd be ropeable if that was North or South (and I cared as much as I used to) :shock:

And I thought you loved us. That hurts man.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Postby Wedgie » Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:22 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Thanks for the link Big Phil. Geezus, Norwood were robbed, both the one on the boundary and the last one should have been frees to Norwood! Rioli held the guernsey of the Norwood player before he had it and then on the last one it was the Bays player holding the ball in the pack.

regards,

REB

I love your beer! :)
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Rik E Boy » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:50 pm

Wedgie wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:

regards,

REB

I love your beer! :)

Close enough!
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Postby stan » Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:45 pm

fester69 wrote:Waaaaaaa!!! It's a winter sport!!

Get ******.

I go to the games I want to go to and the ones that i can make. Sometimes shit comes up like weddings and crap like that.

Christ I watching the legs play and will still get out to a few more before the seasons over but you can get ******.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby JK » Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:33 pm

stan wrote:
fester69 wrote:Waaaaaaa!!! It's a winter sport!!

Get ******.

I go to the games I want to go to and the ones that i can make. Sometimes shit comes up like weddings and crap like that.

Christ I watching the legs play and will still get out to a few more before the seasons over but you can get ******.

Bit of an outburst there mate :shock:
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL