Rosewater
17%
Smithfield
23%

Total votes : 66

Re: CH9AFL Division 5, 2016

Postby jo172 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:30 pm

Danky$$ wrote:
Tony Clifton wrote:Would there be a penalty to the club if the player is found guilty of what is alleged in the paper?

Wouldn't of thought so mate. Can't punish a team for one persons actions. First thing to happen at rosewater in years.

Think you'll find the League can and has to more than one club this season.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1205 times
Been liked: 726 times

Postby Danky$$ » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:32 pm

jo172 wrote:
Danky$$ wrote:
Tony Clifton wrote:Would there be a penalty to the club if the player is found guilty of what is alleged in the paper?

Wouldn't of thought so mate. Can't punish a team for one persons actions. First thing to happen at rosewater in years.

Think you'll find the League can and has to more than one club this season.

What's taking points gonna prove. The blokes never gonna play footy again and won't ever be near the club again.
Danky$$
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 16 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:35 pm

Allegations are pretty serious mate as you no doubt know. Probably the worst thing you can do on a footy field.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 748 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Sheik Yerbouti » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:36 pm

Happened right in front of me............................................................unfortunately was rolling a couple of smokes for a couple of my sons degenerate nicotine addict B grade mates behind the Blackfriars coaching box.
Hey soccer you owe us 45million.
Sheik Yerbouti
League - Best 21

Has liked: 201 times
Been liked: 204 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:45 pm

Danky$$ wrote:What's taking points gonna prove. The blokes never gonna play footy again and won't ever be near the club again.

Proves there are repercussions for his actions beyond the obvious individual consequences he faces.

Right or wrong, as Jo said, wouldn't be the first club that has received club wide sanctions - and wouldn't be the last..
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3199 times
Been liked: 4057 times

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:04 pm

Gents, there's a new thread now to discuss this (amongst other) recent incidents. Can we keep this one to D5 footy talk now please.

thanks
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1747 times
Been liked: 2155 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:34 pm

Looking forward to this Saturday's Elizabeth match, we've got our past players day and 60th anniversary celebrations.
I'll be MCing the presentations later that night, we'll also be instituting a new medal for our C grade best on ground on PPD.
We already have the Dave Rogers Medal (A grade) and Harrison Family Medal (B grade). The C grade medal will also be named after a club legend.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Booney » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:48 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:Looking forward to this Saturday's Elizabeth match, we've got our past players day and 60th anniversary celebrations.
I'll be MCing the presentations later that night, we'll also be instituting a new medal for our C grade best on ground on PPD.
We already have the Dave Rogers Medal (A grade) and Harrison Family Medal (B grade). The C grade medal will also be named after a club legend.

Greenshields? That name has been printed in the Sunday Mail every week since about 1995.

Tell Kev I said Gday.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7536 times
Been liked: 10848 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:02 pm

Booney wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:Looking forward to this Saturday's Elizabeth match, we've got our past players day and 60th anniversary celebrations.

Greenshields? That name has been printed in the Sunday Mail every week since about 1995.

Tell Kev I said Gday.

The Greenshields boys will be a tad disappointed you think they're that old ;)
No, it won't be named after Trent or Luke - I think there's a drinking award in the offing for them, though.
This person's been involved with the club for almost all of its 60 years and his family remains involved. I played with his son...in 1995.

And, I will.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby zedman » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:03 pm

Booney wrote:

Tell Kev I said Gday.

trent played well on saturday..thighs the size of most players midriffs..
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1081 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby WellLeft » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:36 pm

Been some cracker contests in the A's out of Edward Smith Reserve last 5 games, good for viewing!
WellLeft
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Greenacres

Postby whufc » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:03 pm

jo172 wrote:Anyone who doesnt think the Amateur League is 10 times safer than it was is kidding themselves.

The new club wide suspended sentences will only further make this the case.

A theory that should be at least discussed is that every club should start the year on the suspended sentence status. No more second chamces, control your people.

(i say this as a committee member who is imperfect at controlling our people)

I'm not saying it hasn't improved what I am saying it is miles behind other competitions that were also having similar issues who have now had even bigger turnarounds.

The SAASL is one case in point, a few years ago they were having major major issues (the behaviour of whole teams and individuals towards refs, spectators and players was a disgrace) through a lot of hard work, education, and clarity they have tidied up that competition something fierce, striking and non sports related incidents (crowd fights etc) are now literally a thing of the past apart from the once a year occurance. Though there is barely any reoffences

I would love to see the SAAFL get stricter on repeat offenders especially for things such as striking, I understand that they have the 12 (?) game suspension rule etc but you shouldn't be able to get done 2-3 times for striking and still be able to play because you come in under the suspension limit. If you have been found guilty of striking twice it clearly shows that you cannot control your emotions and that you consider it ok to belt someone on a sporting field. There is no place in sport for people with that attitude regardless of what their total game suspension is
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5625 times
Been liked: 2544 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:15 pm

whufc wrote:I'm not saying it hasn't improved what I am saying it is miles behind other competitions that were also having similar issues who have now had even bigger turnarounds.

The SAASL is one case in point, a few years ago they were having major major issues (the behaviour of whole teams and individuals towards refs, spectators and players was a disgrace) through a lot of hard work, education, and clarity they have tidied up that competition something fierce, striking and non sports related incidents (crowd fights etc) are now literally a thing of the past apart from the once a year occurance. Though there is barely any reoffences

I would love to see the SAAFL get stricter on repeat offenders especially for things such as striking, I understand that they have the 12 (?) game suspension rule etc but you shouldn't be able to get done 2-3 times for striking and still be able to play because you come in under the suspension limit. If you have been found guilty of striking twice it clearly shows that you cannot control your emotions and that you consider it ok to belt someone on a sporting field. There is no place in sport for people with that attitude regardless of what their total game suspension is

Hmm.. I think I have to disagree with you whufc - the SAAFL hand out some pretty severe penalties to people who step out of line, and the clubs who are seen as repeat offenders.

I think the league has improved dramatically over recent years - don't see crowd behaviour being as big a factor, also don't see many games where there are thugs striking behind the play.

It's up to clubs more than the league to take responsibility and ownership of the situations though, and promote the right environment and attitudes - deal with things in house.. cant blame the league if a club doesn't want to tidy up it's act.

Ingle Farm would be a good club to use as an example in terms of the behaviour improving - renowned for a while with a bad reputation, it's one of only 7 clubs this year who haven't even received a yellow card! 8)
The Bedge
Coach

Postby whufc » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:27 pm

Zartan wrote:
whufc wrote:I'm not saying it hasn't improved what I am saying it is miles behind other competitions that were also having similar issues who have now had even bigger turnarounds.

Hmm.. I think I have to disagree with you whufc - the SAAFL hand out some pretty severe penalties to people who step out of line, and the clubs who are seen as repeat offenders.

I think the league has improved dramatically over recent years - don't see crowd behaviour being as big a factor, also don't see many games where there are thugs striking behind the play.

Fair enough mate, like I said it has improved and I don't for one second think it's an easy task (having spent the last 2 years running a rec centre that probably had the worse reputation in the state for its competitions) i understand the challenges but there is definitely a culture issue in the SAAFL, the fact that alledgly an umpire may have been assaulted in a game is a testament to that.

Serious question I don't know the answer to but what work do the SAAFL umpires do with clubs outside of rocking up on a Saturday and umpiring them?

What work does the league do with the clubs in regards to its player codes and conducts?

I'm not looking for trouble at all but I'm genuinely asking as 'safe sporting environments' is something I'm pretty passionate about
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5625 times
Been liked: 2544 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:32 pm

Zartan wrote:

Agree with Zartan. Since SAAFL have started handing out increased penalties it has had the desired effect. This year, in the A Grade competitions across Div 1 to Div 7 there have been in total 18 players suspended for striking, attempted striking and umpire abuse. That's 18 times individuals have transgressed out of the combined total of nearly 17,000 individual games played this year. I also think clubs are much more responsible. They cannot afford to have any players committing an act of thuggery.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 534 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:45 pm

There will always been isolated incidents in the comp - that's what happens when you have 20x divisions, almost 200 teams and over 4,000 players playing each week roughly.. not everyone is going to behave, and some are going to have "brain fades" on occasion, or get over passionate.

Think the difference with SAAFL and every other comp, is because the SAAFL is so large and well known, word spreads quickly and incidents are often publically aired for all to see - bringing more attention to the comp.

Don't think it's fair to say off the one incident Sat that there is a culture either - how many times has an umpire been struck?

As for umpires, think they're able to come out to clubs if the clubs want to engage them, also there are two types of umps - the panel umps who train and do higher grades, and recreation umps who basically do it for some extra pocket money and generally are older men and not as fit.. do the lower grades and often they can cause some frustration with their standard of umpiring.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:47 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Gents, there's a new thread now to discuss this (amongst other) recent incidents. Can we keep this one to D5 footy talk now please.

thanks

*sigh* :YMSIGH:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1747 times
Been liked: 2155 times

Postby oldman » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:15 pm

Stripping the club of its points would actually have a massive effect as it could mean possible relegation for them being so late in the season. That would send a pretty strong message that the league has zero tolerance for such behavior.
oldman
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 62 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby coman » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:09 pm

zedman wrote:
Dangeroos wrote:Great win for Smithfield F.C saturday, would have to say an unexpected one due to both sides recent form. Hectorville soundly defeated us first time round, Panthers have been inconsistent throughout the season but have stepped up in the last two weeks.

very good win dangeroos..panthers always a handful at home..only 2 clubs have beaten them there in over 3 years..

It was great to see smitty finaly play some good footy this year,hectoriville came back very strong,as good sides do,hopefully thats the starting point of our season.
Also I have to mention hectoriville's Bgrade,they rocked up to play,we were very lucky to win due to a point that was overuled by the umpire as a goal that resulted us to a 6 point victory.
coman
Rookie

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 61 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby Q. » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:47 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:Gents, there's a new thread now to discuss this (amongst other) recent incidents. Can we keep this one to D5 footy talk now please.

thanks

*sigh* :YMSIGH:

You can move them there
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League