Port Adelaide 2016

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2016

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:35 pm

Booney wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
JK wrote:Haven't seen much of him for a while, but I'd always been impressed enough with what I'd seen from Clurey .. Is it just injury that has stifled his progression to AFL level, or form/ability?

He has a red hot go but is too slow IMO.
Kicking lets him down as well.
DBJ surely has taken his spot now.

DBJ is 181cm Clurey is 193, they don't play the same role. Hombsch went ahead of Clurey and the so too did Jonas when Carlile got hurt late in '14 and then again in '15. Clurey regularly finishes top 5 in our 3km time trials. He had a limited preseason and hasn't got going since.

Yeah Clurey looks like an old fashioned footballer..... Socks down, no frills footballer.
Do you think his skills are good enough for AFL?
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2229 times
Been liked: 2523 times

Postby Booney » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:41 pm

amber_fluid wrote:Wasn't it announced only a couple of weeks ago that Young signed a new 1 year deal?
Is he Victorian........ I assumed he only wanted one at this stage as the lure of going home might be there?

It was announced a couple of weeks ago but it was actually signed in the summer. He only got one more year ( next year ) for the reasons noted, we probably weren't sure we he sat ( we do now! ) and the likely return of Monfries or at least the discussion about that would have been in their thinking.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7501 times
Been liked: 10792 times

Postby UK Fan » Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:06 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:
UK Fan wrote:Why port have underachieved and who's at fault is an interesting debate. Usually there isn't a single Bullet theory as to why these things have occurred but usually a combination of differing factors.

The major problem for port is moving forward.

Playing list - widely reported port are up to full capacity re: salary cap with majority of players worth any currency at trade time signed on long term contracts. So little room to move. I expect the likes of Schultz S.Gray Mitchell butcher the most likely to be moved on at years end. Due to they could be replaced by younger cheaper options.

Coaching - same as above Hinkley & Voss on long term contracts and port financially won't be able to even entertain paying them out.

Only solution is to stick fat and roll out the rhetoric "port Adelaide footy" and cross fingers for a better preseason campaign in 2017 IMHO!!!!

Which the loyal port fans will see as the club accepting mediocrity.

Fun times

You're a strange one. You are an anti-barracker. Don't barrack for anyone but loves sledging Port LOL. I can understand the latter, but not the former.

regards,

REB

I'm pretty sure you know who I support REB. If you can't figure it out you are dumber than I thought
Last edited by UK Fan on Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 502 times

Postby marbles » Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:36 pm

if wasnt for essendon, ryder wouldve played, dougal howard still be in ressies, and his knee would be fine, instead a year off torn ACL
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:45 pm

amber_fluid wrote:Wasn't it announced only a couple of weeks ago that Young signed a new 1 year deal?
Is he Victorian........ I assumed he only wanted one at this stage as the lure of going home might be there?

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2016-06-08/young-signs-on
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:07 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:

So it was finalised recently..... That article is early June.
Port must have offered more based on his good year so far and he signed it.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:11 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:

Trust me, it was done months ago.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:14 pm

Booney wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:

Trust me, it was done months ago.

If that is the case........ Young is going to miss out on some serious $$$
He's gone from emergency to one of their most important players in the space of 10 weeks or so
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:23 pm

On the other hand he's now got 12 months to work on a deal that's more commensurate with his current output.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:35 pm

Booney wrote:On the other hand he's now got 12 months to work on a deal that's more commensurate with his current output.

Yeah true.
Although he will be playing next year for peanuts compared to actual worth if he continues his form.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby hearts on fire » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:22 pm

Young has had a great first half to the year but can he consistently play at the level he is producing ?

I hope he can but no one at the club apart from him, Gray and Wingard can play more than one good game in row, so I'm not confident at all he will continue this form.

To many average players that won't get any better; Broadbent, Jonas, O'Shea, Stewart, Amon, Ah Chee, Neade, S.Gray, Lobbe, White, Westhoff, Carlile, Toumpas, Mitchell and Butcher, couldn't give stuff if we lost any of those players above.

Figjam Hartlett and figjam Ebert, two players who had the potential to become one of the better midfielders in the game, are just embarrassing at the moment, should of just gave North Melboune Hartlett and Ebert should of stayed at WCE.

Only one or two genuine stars on the list Gray and Wingard, but even then Gray cracks the sads when things are tough and Wingard can be inconsistent.

I can't see us making the finals anytime soon in the next few years, 13/14 gave great hope the club was finally improving and on the way up but that's all it was, hope, now we are playing the "Port Adelaide way", we are shlt again!
~ R.I.P John McCarthy, 19-11-1989 - 9-9-2012 ~
hearts on fire
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby gossipgirl » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:32 pm

You can still make the finals this year
Adelaide Crows World champions 2017 - Crows 4.11 to Lions 4.5
gossipgirl
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1433 times
Been liked: 57 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Port Adelaide 2016

Postby Jim05 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:52 pm

gossipgirl wrote:You can still make the finals this year

Almost zero chance
2 games plus massive %.
You also have forgotten that the sides above Port still have Essendon to play.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3553 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Ruben Carter » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:56 pm

hearts on fire wrote:Young has had a great first half to the year but can he consistently play at the level he is producing ?

I hope he can but no one at the club apart from him, Gray and Wingard can play more than one good game in row, so I'm not confident at all he will continue this form.

To many average players that won't get any better; Broadbent, Jonas, O'Shea, Stewart, Amon, Ah Chee, Neade, S.Gray, Lobbe, White, Westhoff, Carlile, Toumpas, Mitchell and Butcher, couldn't give stuff if we lost any of those players above.

Figjam Hartlett and figjam Ebert, two players who had the potential to become one of the better midfielders in the game, are just embarrassing at the moment, should of just gave North Melboune Hartlett and Ebert should of stayed at WCE.

Only one or two genuine stars on the list Gray and Wingard, but even then Gray cracks the sads when things are tough and Wingard can be inconsistent.

I can't see us making the finals anytime soon in the next few years, 13/14 gave great hope the club was finally improving and on the way up but that's all it was, hope, now we are playing the "Port Adelaide way", we are shlt again!

WOW! are you sure you're a Power/PA fan HOF? You sound a bit like a troll....
If you don’t like my words, don’t listen. If you don’t like my appearance, don’t look. If you don’t like my actions, turn your head; It’s as simple as that.
Ruben Carter
Reserves

Has liked: 121 times
Been liked: 75 times
Grassroots Team: Westminster OS

Postby Ruben Carter » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:58 pm

marbles wrote:if wasnt for essendon, ryder wouldve played, dougal howard still be in ressies, and his knee would be fine, instead a year off torn ACL

That's right, nobody ever does an ACL in the SANFL. :roll:
If you don’t like my words, don’t listen. If you don’t like my appearance, don’t look. If you don’t like my actions, turn your head; It’s as simple as that.
Ruben Carter
Reserves

Has liked: 121 times
Been liked: 75 times
Grassroots Team: Westminster OS

Postby Grahaml » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:13 pm

hearts on fire wrote:Young has had a great first half to the year but can he consistently play at the level he is producing ?

Isn't Rucci due to revive the Dangerfield v Ebert argument again?
Grahaml
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 169 times

Postby bennymacca » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:07 pm

Ruben Carter wrote:

WOW! are you sure you're a Power/PA fan HOF? You sound a bit like a troll....

Thought it's a pretty reasonable opinion, how is it a troll?
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby MW » Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:49 pm

5AA going into meltdown over state gov giving port 50k compo for late trains with money to be spent on fireworks and LED lights.
Couldn't agree more with the criticism...absolute joke and i hope it was not asked for by Port
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2614 times
Been liked: 1852 times

Postby stan » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:00 pm

MW wrote:5AA going into meltdown over state gov giving port 50k compo for late trains with money to be spent on fireworks and LED lights.
Couldn't agree more with the criticism...absolute joke and i hope it was not asked for by Port

WTF?
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1254 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:23 pm

Pretty sure the tram was late last Sunday.

Can the Bays please have 3 million?
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 449 times
Been liked: 1216 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL