04 - Mawson Lakes
-------------------------------------
04 - Houghton Districts
04 - Adelaide Lutheran
02 - Trinity OS
02 - Mitchell Park
02 - Fitzroy

Round 7
Fitzroy v West Croydon: Fitzroy will be buoyed by a more competitive showing against Adelaide Lutheran last week. Most pleasing for the Lions was that they didn't need to rely on Cotter to find an avenue to goals. Unfortunately for as competitive as their performance was, they still failed to come away with the win, and find themselves languishing on the bottom of the ladder. Life doesn't get any easier for the 'Roys, who run into the rampant, seemingly unstoppable West Croydon, who mercilessly belted Houghton to the tune of 165 points Saturday. Woodcock 9 goals, McKinnon 5 and 10 individual goal kickers lining up as West Croydon accumulated 47 scoring shots. The big Q has made the call that the Hawks will go undefeated, and form certainly supports his argument. Last time these two sides met at Sam Johnson it was Fitzroy by 2 points - that feels like a lifetime ago, West Croydon will win this and win by plenty, Fitzroy can only hope the smaller ground curbs the running power of the Hawks and creates congestions, minimising their scoring shots. A massacre looms here.

Houghton Districts v Mawson Lakes: Tantalising contest this is shaping up to be. Houghton will be licking their wounds from the lesson served at Fawk Reserve, while Mawson Lakes will rue the one that got away. Leading for most of the last quarter, the Lakes were unable to strike that killer blow, as they wasted critical shots on goal. Ingle Farm made the most of their limited shots in the last. Keast will be working on his kick in's during the week, and no doubt will be hungry to make amends this week. Vandermoer continues to work hard for the Raiders, whilst Bray, Schneider and Dolan have the potential to kick them a winning score. They'll be hoping to have Keetch back this week - and they'll need him to limited the influence of the Mawson Lakes midfield which is very deep - King, Ung, Carr, Delbridge, Kennett.. the power is there - they need Ivan back to seriously challenge the top sides. I think Mawson Lakes in this match, they're better than results show..

Ingle Farm v Brahma Lodge: 2 v 3 in this match, bragging rights and a chance to grab a firm grasp on the double chance and home final, which could prove critical come finals time. Something scary about the way the Lodge are beginning to wind up, and if anyone is going to challenge the Hawks it could well be the Tigers from Brahma. Seems Brooks finally impacted a game Saturday, and Steele's medal chances were done no harm either. 10 individual goal kickers, 6x kicked multiples means that they have no problems finding several avenues to goal, and aren't wholly reliant on Aloisi to do the damage. On the flip side, this looms as a serious challenge for Ingle Farm, and will give a greater indication of where the club stands in the pecking order. Currently 5-1, the Farmers could consider themselves fortunate not to be 2-4 or worse 1-5.. 3x games that have gone to the wire, and two weeks in a row they'll trailed during the last, but they continue to find a way to get the points, and their ability to win the close contest and be resilient could be more valuable than it appears - finals like pressure, and they're responding. Hoping for a dry day for this contest so both sides can flex their muscles. Brahma head into this game strong favourites for mind, and I cant see them being stopped here.

Mitchell Park v Woodville South: Mitchell Park will be thankful to return home after a couple of long difficult road trips to Ingle Farm and Brahma, were despite best efforts they came up short on both occasions. Ballsack arguably their best player at the moment, continues to produce the goods, and McDonnell up forward showing he is still capable of being a headache to defenders. Waack must be banging on the doors of an A grade call up, and he would be a handy acquisition against the Cats. Roberts been missed, but the Lions are a better unit at home. Woody South came away with a tough win on Saturday against TOS, McNeil showed his value with 6, whilst Tom Daly continues his rich vein of form. Ramah Ahmed has been quiet this year, and that's a concern for sides. Expect Dankiewicz to gain some close attention this week also. Cracking hit out this will be, can the Lions back up their last home victory, make Mitchell Park a fortress and claim a big scalp in Woody South? I think yes. Mitchell Park by 10 points.

Trinity OS v Adelaide Lutheran: Trinity have had a tough run so far this year, unable to scrape over the line in the close contests, and find themselves off the bottom of the ladder on percentage alone. Unbelievably though, despite being equal bottom, they also find themselves only one game outside the 5, and that should keep spirits high. Matt Perry with a few goals Saturday showing his worth, supported by the return of Cotter. O'Hara and Hooker kicked goals also, and a quick look over their list makes me think perhaps they're missing a couple through injury. Always dangerous at home, not sure Lutheran have the capability to curb their influence. Lutheran come into this game with a hard fought victory over Fitzroy at home, but haven't silenced critics who believe them to be outside the top 5 sides this year. An unconvincing performance against a side whose only won the single game this year, but they seem to have a find in Gililand who in his 2nd game bagged 4. Koenig becoming a regular name amongst the best, but better to see a few different names. Missing Fin Borgas last week, his drive from half back would've hurt, but they have a number of young fit players who can break lines. This match will be a battle between the running power of Lutheran and the solid body of Trinity. An upset isn't off the cards, but I fancy TOS will return to the winners circle and back into finals contention in this match.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3198 times
Been liked: 4057 times

Re: CH9AFL Division 6 2016

Postby The Bedge » Mon May 09, 2016 11:09 am

old farmer wrote:Houghton KBW's V Zarton is the best you will get. No one else will give a s**t.

Robb Stark v OKC.. it's the battle of the season.. give the people what they want :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby morell » Mon May 09, 2016 11:09 am

old farmer wrote:Maybe you guys better go back to Southern League if you can't travel over Anzac Hwy without losing personal on and off the field. We will be at Mitchell Park whenever , with everybody there as if it was a home game. Plus our supporters and our B Grade will hang around and watch the A's. SAAFL life.
Or maybe all you Northern clubs can get your shit together and create a "Northern Football League" and let humanity escape your cretinous existence.

8)
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1143 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Old_mate21 » Mon May 09, 2016 11:19 am

Last time Fitzroy and West Croydon met was at West Croydon and they gave Fitzroy a touch up Zartan.
Old_mate21
Rookie

Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 39 times

Postby the milky bar kid » Mon May 09, 2016 11:21 am

Milly wrote:
old farmer wrote:
cracka wrote:Its the most entertaining thread on here by a mile. I'm still planning on going to the Houghton v Ingle Farm game in 2 weeks, I just hope you guys don't disappoint me & be nice to each other on the field.

You are kidding. We have 1 player on here. Will just be another game for our boys. Houghton KBW's V Zarton is the best you will get. No one else will give a s**t.

Cue OKC, Computer Crashed and the Milky Bar Kid

OKC is definitely the player OF refers too, CC is a fan & mentor & I'm just an extra!
the milky bar kid
League - Best 21

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 238 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Q. » Mon May 09, 2016 11:26 am

Third of the way through the season, number of players used in A-grade so far:

West Croydon - 25
Brahma Lodge - 30
Woodville South - 30
Mitchell Park - 31
Houghton Districts - 32
Ingle Farm - 32
Trinity OS - 33
Fitzroy -34
Mawson Lakes - 35
Adelaide Lutheran - 41

Was lamenting our run of injuries and constant turnover week to week, but we're not as bad as others
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon May 09, 2016 11:41 am

D6R Ladder after Rd 6:
12 - West Croydon
10 - Woodville South
10 - Brahma Lodge
08 - Adelaide Lutheran
08 - Mitchell Park
--------------------------------
06 - Trinity OS
06 - Ingle Farm
00 - Fitzroy
00 - Mawson Lakes
00 - Houghton Districts

Round 7:
Fitzroy v West Croydon: Arch runs into his former club in this battle, and it's important we have people on standby to make sure he is ok after the game - percentage of personal harm will go through the roof, as his former troops at West Croydon put his new younger group to the sword this week. The Hawks juggernaut rolls on, Campbell continues to destroy opposition fullbacks, Cuellar creates headaches while Emery must be short odds for the medal at the early stages. They've handled the loss of Birch to the A grade with ease, and continue to find more gems in their squad. Fitzroy on the other hand, have proven competitive at times this year, and are slowly building - a victory not far away, but cant see it being this week. The Hawks powerhouse will bank another win and firm further as premiership favourites.

Houghton Districts v Mawson Lakes: Two sides desperate for a victory, one will get the chance to belt out their club song for the first time in 2016 at 2pm Saturday - for the loser, lament another missed opportunity. Houghton will need to dig on and find back that self belief after a tough road trip to Fawk Reserve against West Croydon would've dented spirits. Positives from that game may be few, but the stark one for me is their ability to still find 11 scoring shots - if they kick 10.1 instead of 1.10 then the scoreline looks far better. Jay Szabo in the best players again this week, Adrian Mentha and Shaun Grimley need to lift though if the Raiders are going to get up. Henderson down back will give his regular honourable performance, and will no down lift a cog for his old side. For Mawson Lakes, they should head into this game brimming with confidence. After a scoreless first quarter, they completely dominated the Farmers, and can consider themselves unlucky not to have come away with the win. Repeat I50 entries, they just couldn't penetrate the Farmers back 6, and after a frantic last couple of minutes where the ball remained in their F50, the siren blew as the umpire balled up in the Lakes goal square. Had Williams and Pearce played, Mawson Lakes win and win easy. A younger squad to recent seasons, Keasty is doing good things with this group, I think this week is their time to break the duck. Mawson Lakes by 3 goals.

Ingle Farm v Brahma Lodge: Ingle Farm got out of jail against Mawson Lakes Saturday. After kicking 3.3 to 0.0 in the first term, the Farmers found it tough going to hit the scoreboard again. A goal from the boundary to Adam Gully into a strong breeze proved the difference. Ingle Farm bank the 2pts and escape embarrassment, but will need to find another 3 gears this week to compete against the powerhouse Brahma Lodge, who will be looking to make amends for being knocked out in last years finals series at the hands of the Farmers. Lehmann continues to prove difficult to stop up forward, while Hem-Mendes backed up last weeks efforts with another 4 goals Saturday supported by Taylor who has rebuffed offers to join Salis North and slotted himself a cool 4. The two Josh's amongst the best - Corbett and Cook, they have a mountain of match winners around the ground. Hard to see the Lodge losing this one, but if Ingle Farm want to be a contender this year, they need to claim a big scalp. Should be a cracker.

Mitchell Park v Woodville South: Mitchell Park have hit a bit of a wall since their strong victory against the reigning premiers TOS. Self admittedly a 10 goal better side at home than away though, they'll be pumped to be back on their home turf, and be looking for a return to the winners circle. Davidson returned to the lineup against Brahma and an instant return to the best players. Waack, Moroney, Maylin and Steele handy players, they have the cattle to challenge the best if they're all on the park firing at the same time. Woody South on the other hand continue to chug along with their no fuss methods, knotching up wins at will. Jason O'Regan kicking more goals Saturday, whilst brothers Ethan and Wayne Ericson provide plenty of speed at ground level. Brad Cross provides them with experience across the middle, and despite a swag of changes including their ruckman Simpson out, they still managed to account for TOS. Will Clifford give himself a run in the 2's this week? Should be a strong battle, and Woody South will want this win to stay in touch with the top couple, while Mitchell Park will be hoping to keep well in touch of the top 5. Toss a coin with this game.

Trinity OS v Adelaide Lutheran: Last years premiers have had it tough the past few weeks, slumping to 6th on the ladder, and are struggling to adapt to their changes and outs each week. Crocker up forward continues to present well, while Burne's run off a flank is critical while Dahlgren is the marshall amongst the midfield. Ward is enjoying a purple patch of form in recent weeks, but they miss Kreig and Perry up forward. Adelaide Lutheran will be full of confidence after getting past Fitzroy, but need to beat a genuine contender to consider themselves a finals chance. Also experiencing a large turn over of players, the Bulldogs have struggled for consistency this year. Brereton, Tscharke and Phelan have worked hard all season, and Jenke would be leading their B&F. Need Byford back forward firing to be a real threat. This game will come down to which side has the leg speed, I think a return to the winners circle for TOS - their pressure around the ground will be too strong for Lutheran, and force turn overs. The top 5 will be a lot tighter come Saturday night.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon May 09, 2016 11:42 am

Old_mate21 wrote:Last time Fitzroy and West Croydon met was at West Croydon and they gave Fitzroy a touch up Zartan.

Last time these two sides met at Sam Johnson it was Fitzroy by 2 points

Well aware of the rd 13 result.. I was referring to when they played at Fitzroy..
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon May 09, 2016 11:43 am

Q. wrote:Was lamenting our run of injuries and constant turnover week to week, but we're not as bad as others

Might look at our B grade numbers, but we are averaging like 7-10 changes each week! :shock:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon May 09, 2016 11:47 am

B Grade players used:

37 - West Croydon
38 - Brahma Lodge
40 - Houghton Districts
40 - Mawson Lakes
40 - Trinity OS
43 - Fitzroy
43 - Woodville South
44 - Mitchell Park
47 - Adelaide Lutheran
47 - Ingle Farm :(
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Q. » Mon May 09, 2016 11:48 am

Zartan wrote:Houghton Districts v Mawson Lakes: Tantalising contest this is shaping up to be. Houghton will be licking their wounds from the lesson served at Fawk Reserve, while Mawson Lakes will rue the one that got away. Leading for most of the last quarter, the Lakes were unable to strike that killer blow, as they wasted critical shots on goal. Ingle Farm made the most of their limited shots in the last. Keast will be working on his kick in's during the week, and no doubt will be hungry to make amends this week. Vandermoer continues to work hard for the Raiders, whilst Bray, Schneider and Dolan have the potential to kick them a winning score. They'll be hoping to have Keetch back this week - and they'll need him to limited the influence of the Mawson Lakes midfield which is very deep - King, Ung, Carr, Delbridge, Kennett.. the power is there - they need Ivan back to seriously challenge the top sides. I think Mawson Lakes in this match, they're better than results show..

I've pinged a string mate, no chance of lining up this week, though I've found my niche as a goal umpire.

Should have Mcmurtrie, Dolan, Francis, Kroepsch, Schulz all back this week though. May even see big Ben Turner suit up in the two's after a couple of weeks on the track following his pre-season slip & slide accident :lol:
Q.
Coach

Postby Old_mate21 » Mon May 09, 2016 11:59 am

My bad Zartan, quickly read the run down between emails ;)
Old_mate21
Rookie

Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 39 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon May 09, 2016 12:25 pm

Zartan wrote: they seem to have a find in Gililand who in his 2nd game bagged 4.

Was this tongue in cheek? Gilly's been there for quite a while.
I'd be surprised if he'd played anywhere else but Luthies since leaving the Riverland.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby The Bedge » Mon May 09, 2016 12:32 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:
Zartan wrote: they seem to have a find in Gililand who in his 2nd game bagged 4.

I'd be surprised if he'd played anywhere else but Luthies since leaving the Riverland.

:oops: My bad! I blame the updated Sportingpulse.. I was too lazy to actually look over previous seasons, and it doesn't show the career stats anymore so I just assumed these were his first 2 games :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Q. » Mon May 09, 2016 12:33 pm

He been at Luthies for years. Last time I spoke to him it sounded like he was retiring from A-grade but obviously been convinced to have a kick again.
Q.
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon May 09, 2016 12:34 pm

Zartan wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:

:oops: My bad! I blame the updated Sportingpulse.. I was too lazy to actually look over previous seasons, and it doesn't show the career stats anymore so I just assumed these were his first 2 games :lol:

You could have said it was tongue in cheek ;)
Reborn form from a veteran player.

The boy can still leap pretty well, by the way.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby zedman » Mon May 09, 2016 12:48 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:
Zartan wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:

You could have said it was tongue in cheek ;)
Reborn form from a veteran player.

The boy can still leap pretty well, by the way.

can play..kicked 7 out of 10 to beat CLG in 2014 in the wet at mortlock park..
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1081 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby morell » Mon May 09, 2016 1:36 pm

Q. wrote:He been at Luthies for years. Last time I spoke to him it sounded like he was retiring from A-grade but obviously been convinced to have a kick again.
Hmmm this could be interesting....

I think we may have some common connections. ;)
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1143 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Robb_Stark » Mon May 09, 2016 1:41 pm

Heard Sumner and Cree back this week for the farmers

west croydon team to beat the spread is the killer and the work rate of both wingmen number 14 slices and dices

couple of players got yellow cards on the weekend for west croydon
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby Q. » Mon May 09, 2016 1:42 pm

Robb_Stark wrote:couple of players got yellow cards on the weekend for west croydon

nope, umpire changed his mind on the ground
Q.
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League