A-League season 2015-16

Home of the A-League, the Soceroos, Local leagues, etc

Re: A-League season 2015-16

Postby valleys07 » Sun May 01, 2016 9:47 pm

What a magnificent turnaround. Winless after 8 games to Champions. It doesn't get better than that.

COYR!
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1168 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Jim05 » Sun May 01, 2016 9:56 pm

So I'm expecting the FA to come down hard on their darling club.
Letting off flares and ripping up the seats at AO when they have a suspended sentence hanging over them.
Should be a points deduction to start the season
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Keefy » Sun May 01, 2016 10:00 pm

Jim05 wrote:So I'm expecting the FA to come down hard on their darling club.
Letting off flares and ripping up the seats at AO when they have a suspended sentence hanging over them.

Damage to parts of the fence and a couple of pitch invasions as well

Hope they identify the culprits and ban them too
Keefy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 181 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby heater31 » Sun May 01, 2016 10:12 pm

Keefy wrote:

Where these all 'visiting' fans? I've seen some pictures getting around on social media but it's hard to tell which end these came from. Hope the SMA send the repair bill to the FFA. That shit is more suited to Belgrade not Adelaide....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sun May 01, 2016 10:16 pm

I still found it strange that quite a few commentators were picking WSW before the match started, some even saying that it was "their time". Adelaide have been the best side in the comp for 4 months by the length of South Road and not only have they won, but the way they went about it week by week they always looked balls deep in each contest (even under immense pressure).

Well done on the win, I was seriously wrong after 6 weeks. They have an internal belief that will be very hard to conquer. If they stay together and even build on their list they can not only do some serious damage domestically again, but in Asia they will be a quality line up too. Their flexible tactics are very impressive.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Jim05 » Sun May 01, 2016 10:19 pm

heater31 wrote:
Keefy wrote:

Where these all 'visiting' fans? I've seen some pictures getting around on social media but it's hard to tell which end these came from. Hope the SMA send the repair bill to the FFA. That shit is more suited to Belgrade not Adelaide....

That was the RBB end, they were trashing the seats before the game had started. Quite a bit of damage in their area
Jim05
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Sun May 01, 2016 10:19 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:I still found it strange that quite a few commentators were picking WSW before the match started, some even saying that it was "their time". Adelaide have been the best side in the comp for 4 months by the length of South Road and not only have they won, but the way they went about it week by week they always looked balls deep in each contest (even under immense pressure).

Well done on the win, I was seriously wrong after 6 weeks. They have an internal belief that will be very hard to conquer. If they stay together and even build on their list they can not only do some serious damage domestically again, but in Asia they will be a quality line up too. Their flexible tactics are very impressive.

Unfortunately won't keep the squad together, will probably lose 4 or 5 and maybe the gaffer
Jim05
Coach

Postby Keefy » Sun May 01, 2016 10:27 pm

Love the footage of the boys gatecrashing Amor's press conference after the match
Keefy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 181 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sun May 01, 2016 10:30 pm

Kick them out on ACL next year and take points off them in the A-League.
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Sun May 01, 2016 10:31 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:

Kick them out on ACL next year and take points off them in the A-League.

Think they have a 6 point deduction hanging over them
Jim05
Coach

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Sun May 01, 2016 10:55 pm

Just got home. That was seriously fun.

EAD Bosnich and Rudan. Both muppets caned Adelaide early in the season because "just because you were a good player doesn't mean you'll be a good coach" and "how can you expect the players to follow directions when you can't speak English? ".

I'm in Red Heaven.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 444 times
Been liked: 1205 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sun May 01, 2016 11:11 pm

Even though the standard of the league has improved over the years, seeing World Class goals doesn't happen every week. Izzy's free kick goal is going in any game, anywhere on the planet and unless the keeper is superman he would just be standing there watching it.
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby therisingblues » Mon May 02, 2016 12:39 am

Ripping up seats also? And I read that they were doing that even before the game started.
Fantastic bloody win! I was at the Adelaide City loss to Melbourne at Hindmarsh 21 years ago, but today just sweeps aside that previous experience.
How bloody loud and involved were the crowd in that game? And how bloody well worked and methodical were Adelaide's goals? I was seated basically in line with the pass the put the first goal in. Absolute foot poetry, and the crowd went nuts forever it seemed. Second goal reminded me of Bruce Lennon from Sturt with just how casually he took that free, but centimetre perfect!!! that goalie had no choice but just to stand there and hope it didn't go in. :lol:
That Sydney crowd really illustrated to me how fortunate I am to have begun life in Adelaide, and I had such a wonderful town to return to after being overseas for so many years. I was so glad today that they were on the other side of the fence, and that most of them will be gone back to wherever it is they came from by tomorrow.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby RB » Mon May 02, 2016 1:46 am

COYR!
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon May 02, 2016 8:07 am

Such a good day.
I was delirious.

We sat next to the Army and were on the fence. It was immense there!
Great to see so many familiar faces there all so happy, as well.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby mighty hounds » Mon May 02, 2016 8:24 am

therisingblues wrote:

Ripping up seats also? And I read that they were doing that even before the game started.
Fantastic bloody win! I was at the Adelaide City loss to Melbourne at Hindmarsh 21 years ago, but today just sweeps aside that previous experience.
How bloody loud and involved were the crowd in that game? And how bloody well worked and methodical were Adelaide's goals? I was seated basically in line with the pass the put the first goal in. Absolute foot poetry, and the crowd went nuts forever it seemed. Second goal reminded me of Bruce Lennon from Sturt with just how casually he took that free, but centimetre perfect!!! that goalie had no choice but just to stand there and hope it didn't go in. :lol:
That Sydney crowd really illustrated to me how fortunate I am to have begun life in Adelaide, and I had such a wonderful town to return to after being overseas for so many years. I was so glad today that they were on the other side of the fence, and that most of them will be gone back to wherever it is they came from by tomorrow.

They were absolutely feral. i was sitting about two sections away form them on the Eastern side. There was nothing better than looking over at them at 2-0 down and seeing their faces, just no emotion in them until they scored.

What a game by Adelaide, atmosphere was amazing. I thought we scored first against the run of play. Felt like WSW had a short period of control. That goal from Isias was first class no keeper in the world would have saved that. Best part of it was the fact the WSW fans had the best view of the free kick just watching their dreams fade while that ball went to the top corner. Has there been a better turnaround in Australian sporting history? we were almost done by round 9, anyone know what we were paying after round 8 to win the title? STILL BUZZING
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby JK » Mon May 02, 2016 10:20 am

Jim05 wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:I still found it strange that quite a few commentators were picking WSW before the match started, some even saying that it was "their time". Adelaide have been the best side in the comp for 4 months by the length of South Road and not only have they won, but the way they went about it week by week they always looked balls deep in each contest (even under immense pressure).

Unfortunately won't keep the squad together, will probably lose 4 or 5 and maybe the gaffer

Yeah read last night that Goodwin and Kamau are off, no doubt there'll be more to follow but thats the nature of the beast.

Supreme effort from the Reds, one of the greatest ever South Australian sporting achievements surely? I continued to follow them earlier this season, but have to be honest in saying I genuinely saw zero light at the end of any tunnel. What they've done this season is astounding and was a joy to watch them banging them in yesterday, spewing I wasn't at the ground.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2984 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Booney » Mon May 02, 2016 10:35 am

Those who have seen my posts know I'm hardly a fan of the round ball game, I can say if all games were like that one I'd watch lots more of it!

However, what the **** are those WSW fans on about? Some of the shirtless kids in the front row....they'll be a valuable members to society. Why do they all turn around and look the other way? They do realise that the singing/chanting/flipping the bird doesn't win their club matches? They are a disgrace and they are very proud of it. What wankers. They think they're the show and add to the spectacle.

Are the bulk of soccer players as much of a **** head as the Scott Jamieson and his poncy bearded mate?

There's no way I'd pay my hard earned to go and watch wankers of that calibre tell each other to "**** OFF" all afternoon.

Isaias, is that a world class strike of what?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7466 times
Been liked: 10753 times

Postby bennymacca » Mon May 02, 2016 11:01 am

Lol Popovic, what a dick

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-05-02/t ... al/7374802

Looks like it isnt only Graham Arnold that cant take defeat like a man, it is both Sydney teams
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby White Line Fever » Mon May 02, 2016 11:10 am

First soccer game I've been to...

Stood on the Hill right behind those back of animals.

I've lost my voice from cheeering!!!

Nothing better when they all turned around and we started chanting twoooooooooo oneeeeeeeeeeeeeee (score at time)

However that atmosphere was amazing - obviously will never be matched unless another GF comes along but no more bagging out soccer from my end.

United fan has been born.

Now for some more berocca...
White Line Fever
League - Top 5

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 16 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Soccer  Australian Soccer