Round 4- Central v South (Saturday @ Elizabeth)

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Round 4- Central v South (Saturday @ Elizabeth)

Postby Magellan » Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:06 am

StrayDog wrote:62 frees for the game. Must be some sort of record surely?

Maybe for the 'Dogs. 72 frees in the Round 1 Norwood - Port game this year.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby DOC » Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:17 am

In think Norwood v Port in round one had 72.

I would characterise yesterday's umpiring as horribly consistent.

As previously stated, flap like a chook or the umpy will lower his arse to the ground and sweep his arms. The OOB rule will stay and I think will be adopte widely in other leagues.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 730 times
Been liked: 2085 times

Postby DOC » Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:23 am

StrayDog wrote:For the 'dogs, (a 'copy 'n' paste of my CDFC Forum post) Hoskin effective up forward with three goals. and never stopped putting in. Barmby, tough as nails and well focussed, and Darcy Fort a good game and will improve as a ruckman with time. Holman an improved performance from last week, like a few others. Certainly missed Travis Schiller.

Our lads certainly not as "handball happy" as the Sturt game....
... and due acknowledgement to 'northerner ' on the CDFC forum last Sunday evening for the recent vogue on that one... :D

South certainly appear to have some clout up forward. I'm sure Irra's one man run and goal from (I think, happy to be corrected) backward of centre in the last will keep Southies smiling for a while.

62 frees for the game. Must be some sort of record surely?

I think your full forward (Hill) had a good game. Got the better of Bradd Crabb who has been in great form. Perhaps his stats are low but he did a power of running and was good defensively. I also thought Barmby was your best. A great effort against a number of opponents. His drive into the forward 50 kept Centrals in the match. Have to agree with Roy Laird in this mornings paper that it did not feel like a five goal game.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 730 times
Been liked: 2085 times

Postby whufc » Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:24 am

DOC wrote:In think Norwood v Port in round one had 72.

I would characterise yesterday's umpiring as horribly consistent.

As previously stated, flap like a chook or the umpy will lower his arse to the ground and sweep his arms. The OOB rule will stay and I think will be adopte widely in other leagues.

The problem is this week was like hot potato which is fine but last week against Sturt it was the opposite and the umpires were circling contents more than once before making a deciscion

The problem I think as well is that because they are so hot on it they are missing so many what are now 'blatant holding the balls' because they are caught on the wrong side of the contest so there is lots of inconsistently on what's being paid

Despite having more umpires, supposedly better trained umpires the game has never been umpired worse in its exsistance

Geez one of the umpires pointed the wrong direction on multiple occasions while one umpire signalled holding the ball only to give the player who was tackled the free kick
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5588 times
Been liked: 2529 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Groucho » Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:25 pm

DOC wrote:
StrayDog wrote:For the 'dogs, (a 'copy 'n' paste of my CDFC Forum post) Hoskin effective up forward with three goals. and never stopped putting in. Barmby, tough as nails and well focussed, and Darcy Fort a good game and will improve as a ruckman with time. Holman an improved performance from last week, like a few others. Certainly missed Travis Schiller.

Our lads certainly not as "handball happy" as the Sturt game....
... and due acknowledgement to 'northerner ' on the CDFC forum last Sunday evening for the recent vogue on that one... :D

South certainly appear to have some clout up forward. I'm sure Irra's one man run and goal from (I think, happy to be corrected) backward of centre in the last will keep Southies smiling for a while.

62 frees for the game. Must be some sort of record surely?

I think your full forward (Hill) had a good game. Got the better of Bradd Crabb who has been in great form. Perhaps his stats are low but he did a power of running and was good defensively. I also thought Barmby was your best. A great effort against a number of opponents. His drive into the forward 50 kept Centrals in the match. Have to agree with Roy Laird in this mornings paper that it did not feel like a five goal game.

Yes it did and it was, bottom line goes as an L on the record and o points on the Premiership Ladder. Quite often this half decde we lose all four grades, u18 always lose and Reserves aren't much better, half way there each week befor the game even starts.

After yesterday's effort I never want to see "umpires" Bowen, Bau or Cook again. ](*,)
Groucho
Under 18s

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 160 times

Postby Hazydog » Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:35 pm

Well played South - a genuinely well drilled, skilful and fit side who deserved the win. Enough already spoken re the umpiring.
Players win touches, Teams win matches, Clubs win Premierships.
Hazydog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 117 times
Been liked: 191 times

Postby Groucho » Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:44 pm

Hazydog wrote:Well played South - a genuinely well drilled, skilful and fit side who deserved the win. Enough already spoken re the umpiring.

One last point. I spoke to a player in the club rooms last night and asked him about a 25 metre penalty that was paid against him. He told me what he said and then the umpire said 25 metres for abuse, he said that wasn't abuse all I said was x y z and the umpire replied wasn't what you said it was the tone. The TONE are you kidding me? Seriously?

That is the standard of "umpiring" by "umpires" Bowen, Bau & Cook. WTF? :evil: ](*,) :toimonster:
Groucho
Under 18s

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 160 times

Postby Gozu » Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:42 pm

Crowd 2,037
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 660 times

Postby Grenville » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:42 pm

Welcome to modern football.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby stan » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:43 pm

Groucho wrote:
Hazydog wrote:Well played South - a genuinely well drilled, skilful and fit side who deserved the win. Enough already spoken re the umpiring.

One last point. I spoke to a player in the club rooms last night and asked him about a 25 metre penalty that was paid against him. He told me what he said and then the umpire said 25 metres for abuse, he said that wasn't abuse all I said was x y z and the umpire replied wasn't what you said it was the tone. The TONE are you kidding me? Seriously?

That is the standard of "umpiring" by "umpires" Bowen, Bau & Cook. WTF? :evil: ](*,) :toimonster:

The tone lol. Thats great.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Scoop » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:11 am

One of our players said he penalised with a 25m for saying, "Are you kidding me?" to the umpire...
Insanity Multimedia and Nick Hook Photography
Scoop
Rookie

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 12 times

Postby Hazydog » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:50 am

Scoop wrote:One of our players said he penalised with a 25m for saying, "Are you kidding me?" to the umpire...

Are you effing kidding me! (take it both ways!)
Players win touches, Teams win matches, Clubs win Premierships.
Hazydog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 117 times
Been liked: 191 times

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL