Crows 2015

Talk on the national game

Re: Crows 2015

Postby Brodlach » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:29 pm

Chuck Wepner wrote:
RustyCage wrote:The time trial that Polec was getting over tonsillitis but still ran?

There you go stating facts again... this isn't what the forum is about! :)

First time I have heard that TBH, thought at the time Hinkley was disappointed?

You seem to know everything Chuck, do you know for a fact where Menzel came in the time trial and did he have any health issues?
Last edited by Brodlach on Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4305 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Spargo » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:32 pm

Polec :lol:
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5711 times
Been liked: 5276 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Grahaml » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:09 am

Booney wrote:
Grahaml wrote:Can't imagine any AFL footballer being resigned to waiting to replace a player in a couple of years. Especially one who has played senior footy already and was traded in. Definitely think they will be looking at full time midfield duties probably shared between Betts, Menzel and Cameron. Reckon they could all play in the forward line together too. Menzel and Betts play like mid size forwards most of the time anyway.

Reckon the answer lies partly in this being an exaggeration and the kid just miscalculating. Can't imagine Carlton are so far behind or that he would have lost so much fitness. Likely went out too hard trying to impress and blew up. Doubt there will be anyone saying in August that his season was wrecked because he couldn't run out the first time trial.

"Went out too hard and blew up" on a 2k run? :lol:

Can't sprint 2k. Run it too hard at the start and you can find yourself stopping at any distance over about 150m. Guess you've never done much running in your life.
Grahaml
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 169 times

Postby mighty hounds » Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:49 am

Grahaml wrote:
Booney wrote:
Grahaml wrote:Can't imagine any AFL footballer being resigned to waiting to replace a player in a couple of years. Especially one who has played senior footy already and was traded in. Definitely think they will be looking at full time midfield duties probably shared between Betts, Menzel and Cameron. Reckon they could all play in the forward line together too. Menzel and Betts play like mid size forwards most of the time anyway.

Reckon the answer lies partly in this being an exaggeration and the kid just miscalculating. Can't imagine Carlton are so far behind or that he would have lost so much fitness. Likely went out too hard trying to impress and blew up. Doubt there will be anyone saying in August that his season was wrecked because he couldn't run out the first time trial.

Can't sprint 2k. Run it too hard at the start and you can find yourself stopping at any distance over about 150m. Guess you've never done much running in your life.

you can at least jog. and yes I've done plenty of running
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 286 times

Postby Booney » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:08 pm

Grahaml wrote:
Booney wrote:

Not really, no. I can however think for more than 15 seconds in a row.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7634 times
Been liked: 11101 times

Postby Magellan » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:35 am

Grahaml wrote:Can't sprint 2k. Run it too hard at the start and you can find yourself stopping at any distance over about 150m. Guess you've never done much running in your life.

Neither has Menzel, if your assumption is correct.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 756 times
Been liked: 1516 times

Postby MW » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:24 am

Geez a little too much talk about one persons 2k trial lads. Move on.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2694 times
Been liked: 1907 times

Postby Magellan » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:29 am

MW wrote:Geez a little too much talk about one persons 2k trial lads. Move on.

I think Menzel's the one who needs to move on, so to speak. ;)
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 756 times
Been liked: 1516 times

Postby Booney » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:31 am

MW wrote:Geez a little too much talk about one persons 2k trial lads. Move on.

It's either that or talk about Tex's mo, how is that going?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7634 times
Been liked: 11101 times

Postby MW » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:37 am

lol
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2694 times
Been liked: 1907 times

Postby Spargo » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:53 pm

0-5 more & more likely IMO

Spargo
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:34 pm

nah we went better than that last year...
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby GWW » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:31 am

With Hartlett being in doubt, and Port's unconvincing form in round 1, Crows are favourites to win this week.
GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

Postby Spargo » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:29 am

GWW wrote:With Hartlett being in doubt, and Port's unconvincing form in round 1, Crows are favourites to win this week.

Sportsbet;
Adelaide $2.35 - Port $1.60

Spargo
Coach

Postby GWW » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:05 am

Favourites from my perspective that is.
GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

Postby stan » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:39 am

GWW wrote:With Hartlett being in doubt, and Port's unconvincing form in round 1, Crows are favourites to win this week.

I think you are right. Crows looked much better than Port even though they lost.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1271 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:47 am

Big game this week for the short term vision of the Crows this week. A win and then you have Richmond in Melbourne and then Sydney back in Adelaide. They look a bit more better if you're going at 50%.

Long term I'm liking what I'm seeing out of there. Some good young kids and a clear vision going forward with what looks to be a level headed coach. Some dumb frees and 50's that directly resulted in numerous goals in the 2nd and 3rd quarter is where I think we lost the game on the weekend and that's from playing a seasoned and smarter overall team. Our time will come but I was happy with the efforts in what was a great game of footy.

Just on a side note I am a real fan of the new interchange cap. Already on the weekend you could see the the return of the smarter footballer being more important rather than having battering rams sprinting up and down the ground the entire match and the big kpp down the spine were more important than they have been in recent times too.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 773 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby hawks21 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:22 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Big game this week for the short term vision of the Crows this week. A win and then you have Richmond in Melbourne and then Sydney back in Adelaide. They look a bit more better if you're going at 50%.

Long term I'm liking what I'm seeing out of there. Some good young kids and a clear vision going forward with what looks to be a level headed coach. Some dumb frees and 50's that directly resulted in numerous goals in the 2nd and 3rd quarter is where I think we lost the game on the weekend and that's from playing a seasoned and smarter overall team. Our time will come but I was happy with the efforts in what was a great game of footy.

Just on a side note I am a real fan of the new interchange cap. Already on the weekend you could see the the return of the smarter footballer being more important rather than having battering rams sprinting up and down the ground the entire match and the big kpp down the spine were more important than they have been in recent times too.

Agreed. Our effort was there for 4 quarters, we weren’t far off IMO, as you said some silly free kicks etc which cost us. We clean up some poor skill errors as well and we will win more than we lose IMO. Gee if McGovern kicked 1 or 2 of his chances in the last quarter we probably win! He showed some good signs that’s for sure.

It always takes time with a new coach and tinkered game plan as well, especially now it’s the 3rd in 3 years. I didn’t expect us to win the first 10 games that’s for sure. (Id’ be happy with 5 -5)

Brad Crouch, Milera and McGovern will be better for the run last week as well.

Yeah, in all the games we saw teams moving the ball longer and more direct to KPP players in the forward 50, more KPP contests than previous years.

Everyone knows Showdowns are always 50/50 games regardless of form and being only round 2 it’s hard to say ‘1 team has been playing better than the other and deserves favouritism’.
hawks21
Reserves

Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 37 times

Postby Jim05 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:29 am

Love how all the attention is on a kid for missing a couple of goals yet the skipper on $900k a year misses from the top of the goal square and has somehow avoided criticism
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1128 times
Been liked: 3654 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:46 am

Fair point Jim. As I mentioned I think the Crows really lost it in the 2nd and mainly 3rd quarter through dumb frees.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 773 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL