Crows 2016

Talk on the national game

Re: Crows 2016

Postby MW » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:48 am

Whats all this premiership bullshit talk?
Yet when over the next two weeks we rest most of our first choice players and get beaten, watch the usual suspects say Crows are shit etc
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2633 times
Been liked: 1862 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:55 am

funny thing about pre season games is how the some supporters react...
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3032 times
Been liked: 2406 times

Postby Jim05 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:56 am

MW wrote:Whats all this premiership bullshit talk?
Yet when over the next two weeks we rest most of our first choice players and get beaten, watch the usual suspects say Crows are shit etc

Not the Crowvertiser.
They just run the same Crows for Premiers template every year[emoji1]
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3556 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby MW » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:01 am

Yeah from a paper that thinks the crows have lost it's soul...right
MW
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:06 am

MW wrote:Yeah from a paper that thinks the crows have lost it's soul...right

They just create a bit of controversy every now and then to get the senior citizens to grab a copy.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3556 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby bennymacca » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:08 am

I've never heard a crows supporter say anything of the sort, heard plenty of trolls say it though.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby MW » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:10 am

Yeah that's what I was getting at Benny. To be expected though.
MW
Coach

Postby stan » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:12 am

bennymacca wrote:

I've never heard a crows supporter say anything of the sort, heard plenty of trolls say it though.

Yeah and mostly here. Im sure though there will be some bullshit article to fill some gaps along those lines but when you chief football writter is Rucci, well you know what your getting when you grab one.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1255 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby stan » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:13 am

MW wrote:Yeah that's what I was getting at Benny. To be expected though.

Your on an online forum, this is the birth place of trolls lol.
stan
Coach

Postby stan » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:14 am

Magellan wrote:Eagles side looks like a second string outfit. Apart from experiencing match conditions, what can the Crows take away from this game?

Looked like we left a few senior players out that is for sure. But the crows played well and you can only beat the opposition thats on the park.
stan
Coach

Postby Magellan » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:23 am

stan wrote:
Magellan wrote:Eagles side looks like a second string outfit. Apart from experiencing match conditions, what can the Crows take away from this game?

Looked like we left a few senior players out that is for sure. But the crows played well and you can only beat the opposition thats on the park.

I guess the Eagles used this game as an opportunity to give some second string and younger players the chance to experience travel interstate, and play a kind of league standard match.

The Crows probably used to it a similar but lesser extent, and a chance to blow out the cobwebs after the pre-season. It would've given the younger Crows the chance to gain some confidence under match conditions of sorts, but the bigger tests for them will come in the coming weeks.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby MW » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:23 am

stan wrote:

Exactly. Eagles went in very light on senior players, crows went in with a decent side and were always going to win. 100 pt margin was decent though but nothing to get too excited about just yet.
MW
Coach

Postby MW » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:24 am

Hearing Rowey in 5AA this morning comparing Milera to a combination of Peter Matera and Andew McLeod...no pressure ffs Rowey.
MW
Coach

Postby stan » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:39 am

MW wrote:Hearing Rowey in 5AA this morning comparing Milera to a combination of Peter Matera and Andew McLeod...no pressure ffs Rowey.

I think Milera is a great young player but heck let him have a few runs first lol.
stan
Coach

Postby Magellan » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:41 am

MW wrote:Hearing Rowey in 5AA this morning comparing Milera to a combination of Peter Matera and Andew McLeod...no pressure ffs Rowey.

Three Norm Smith Medals coming riiiiiiiiiight up!!

Further evidence in the ever expanding file that Stephen Rowe is a knob. And such comparisons do the kid absolutely no favours. He turns it on in July against Hawthorn at the MCG, yep, give him a wrap, but not in February against the Eagles reserves.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby hawks21 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:39 am

Yeah unfortunate that the Eagles left so many good players at home but looks like every side playing away from home in week 1 or 2 will rest all of their experienced players.

What I take out of the game is the recruiters have got it right again with Milera, saw raw talent, moves like Brad/Stephen Hill.
Atkins looked good and will hopefully take another step this year.
Few tweaks to the game plan I saw (short pass, quick handball release and run from behind) and a fair bit of quick handball to get out of trouble (something Hawks/Geelong do well)

I think I speak for all supporters when I say I can’t wait to see Brad Crouch run around next game, especially after Roo said that during our intraclub “lost our soul” closed game last week he racked up 41 touches!
hawks21
Reserves

Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 37 times

Postby bennymacca » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:32 am

stan wrote:

I think Milera is a great young player but heck let him have a few runs first lol.

yeah, way too much pressure on him.

Had i think 5 score involvements though, and looked like he had great skills and good composure.

hawks21 wrote:Yeah unfortunate that the Eagles left so many good players at home but looks like every side playing away from home in week 1 or 2 will rest all of their experienced players.

crows are apparently going to leave most of their first choice players at home this week when they travel to Freo
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Fricky » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:10 pm

Magellan wrote:

Three Norm Smith Medals coming riiiiiiiiiight up!!

Further evidence in the ever expanding file that Stephen Rowe is a knob. And such comparisons do the kid absolutely no favours. He turns it on in July against Hawthorn at the MCG, yep, give him a wrap, but not in February against the Eagles reserves.

How does this man continue to be employed? I've heard the arguments that 5AA ask him to play the dumb card or tell him to throw outrageous statements to get people to ring up but those arguments don't cut it for me, I've switched off listening to him (and MMM for that matter). I cannot stand Rowey at all. I use to hear the text messages come in thick and fast saying how stupid Rowey is and that he shouldn't be on the show but somehow he still remains.

Onto the game, good to see the guys out there but it was nothing more than a training run. West Coast provided nothing after quarter time and the Crows simply did as they wanted. Plenty of upside for the young guys getting a run and hopefully they all continue to put the selectors under pressure when it comes to Rd 1.
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby MW » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:38 am

Wouldn't expect Tex to front up this week. Heard him on TripleM this morning and he sounded like shit coughing and sniffing a lot.
MW
Coach

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:39 pm

All this hype over Milera reminds me of all the Talk of Cockatoo this exact time last year and how the Crows overlooked him.

Eagles clearly didn't give a shit about the result. Move on....
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 747 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL