Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Anything!

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Postby MatteeG » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:27 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Service is always top shelf.

Take you to task there. Our only experience there was ruined by cold food being delivered to the table (twice!) and the kids meal being delivered to the table AFTER the adults. 40 odd minutes waiting for a milkshake WTF.

Kudos to the manager who took charge and gave us the whole breaky for nothing.
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:28 am

Had the German Feast from the Pancake Kitchen on Sunday morning, food was well priced, the quality, quantity and presentation was excellent, the service was a little disappointing though along with how they squish all the tables and chairs into small areas.
Took over 20 minutes to take our orders and then a further 25 minutes for the delivery, pretty lame considering we ordered pretty standard stuff and they weren't busy.
I can't believe it took me 41 years to debut there.
7/10.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7942 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:44 am

MatteeG wrote:

Take you to task there. Our only experience there was ruined by cold food being delivered to the table (twice!) and the kids meal being delivered to the table AFTER the adults. 40 odd minutes waiting for a milkshake WTF.

How long ago???

That is poor form and no doubt it is on your banned list
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11938 times
Been liked: 3639 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:19 am

That's the beauty of safootynet, I have no doubt that any of the restaurants that have been placed on the ban list are eager to throw their name back out there in lights.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7942 times

Postby MatteeG » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:45 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
MatteeG wrote:

How long ago???

That is poor form and no doubt it is on your banned list

Not on mine personally but the Mrs would need some convincing to go back. So I guess it is on my banned list :lol:
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Postby MatteeG » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:47 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
How long ago???

Sorry mate missed this part- about 5 months ago.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Postby am Bays » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:55 am

The Victory Hotel

Every time I go, I know why I keep going back.

Yours truly was in charge of organising our Xmas lunch this year and with the encouragement of several others I plumped for the Victory Hotel. whilst not everyone in the group was happy, it's too far, school pick ups etc, the majority won out and 17 of us headed down last friday.

Glorious day to sit outside and take in the views of the gulf, made the Victory virgins appreciate the wisdom of the majorities choice which was further enhanced by a trip to the Cellar.

I chose the special Clare valley sirloin (300 g) which was cooked perfectly as usual for $32. Washed down with two pints of West End draught and a glass of wine (from my bosses shout) and my day was complete. All up I spent $60 on my meal, side of garlic bread, two pints of the West Ends finest and a pint of beer tray slops (Coopers Pale Ale) for a colleague ;)

I had no complaints from any others and the day wound down with us all quaffing our drinks under the gum tree over looking the gulf reflecting on our year.

I mark the Victory Hotel hard because I go there so often ando the wow factor is lost on me but this was a 9/10 for me.

Have already booked in a post Xmas meal there for two family members who are Victory Virgins.

Always a pleasure to enjoy the hospitality of Doug and his sidekicks Matt's fine establishment!
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 166 times
Been liked: 1833 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:42 am

See I had a bad experience there and have never gone back

Banned for me
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11938 times
Been liked: 3639 times

Postby am Bays » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:56 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:See I had a bad experience there and have never gone back

Banned for me

Still waiting for my first bad experience there in over 20 years of frequenting the pub. Even there counteries are above average, Pork roast extra crackling apple sauce gravy hmmm can still remember that feed from 2004.....
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Postby am Bays » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:20 am

Warradale Hotel

Another Xmas lunch yesterday, this time not organised by me

2nd time there for a meal but first time paying.

A look at the menu and hmm $25.50 for a standard Schnitty with gravy (choice of three different types - Coopers Ale House 600 g Schnitty is only $22.90) and with everything else on the mains menu around that price or over Steaks ranged from $35 - $37 more than I experienced last week, I any thoughts of a cheap lunch (on the day before payday) with a couple of beers went out of the window.

Went with the roast of the day for $22 ??

Waradale offers a free sald and vege bar. Salads all looked the same. The veges were the better option and were the best part of the meal, Potato bake gave it an A, Carrots in a honey glaze an A, I appreciated the hint of broccholi with with my salt..... D- and the beetroot was a B.

The roast turkey was inconsistent some parts nice and moist, others nice and dry (obviously they carved my meat early and placed it under the bae marie to dry out while the other mains were preapred on our table). The gravy tasted ordinary to much savory FFS it almost tasted like there was a hint of dishwater in it.... Not as bad as the worst gravy i ever tasted at the Eyre Htl in Whyalla but pretty damn close!

With the meal prices I limited my damage and only brought one beer - West End Draught which was the best part of the meal - A++.

Not going back in a hurry

3/10 - waitress looked alright.....
am Bays
Coach

Postby HH3 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:23 am

I'm not gonna do another review, but the Lighthouse Wharf is our go to safe option.

Another great meal. 2 x mains, 1 starter, and a rum - $54.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby JK » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:23 am

am Bays wrote:Warradale Hotel

Another Xmas lunch yesterday, this time not organised by me

2nd time there for a meal but first time paying.

A look at the menu and hmm $25.50 for a standard Schnitty with gravy (choice of three different types - Coopers Ale House 600 g Schnitty is only $22.90) and with everything else on the mains menu around that price or over Steaks ranged from $35 - $37 more than I experienced last week, I any thoughts of a cheap lunch (on the day before payday) with a couple of beers went out of the window.

Went with the roast of the day for $22 ??

Waradale offers a free sald and vege bar. Salads all looked the same. The veges were the better option and were the best part of the meal, Potato bake gave it an A, Carrots in a honey glaze an A, I appreciated the hint of broccholi with with my salt..... D- and the beetroot was a B.

The roast turkey was inconsistent some parts nice and moist, others nice and dry (obviously they carved my meat early and placed it under the bae marie to dry out while the other mains were preapred on our table). The gravy tasted ordinary to much savory FFS it almost tasted like there was a hint of dishwater in it.... Not as bad as the worst gravy i ever tasted at the Eyre Htl in Whyalla but pretty damn close!

With the meal prices I limited my damage and only brought one beer - West End Draught which was the best part of the meal - A++.

Not going back in a hurry

3/10 - waitress looked alright.....

From memory the Salad Bar on it's own is about $17, but is included with any main meal, so their prices would be a bit steeper for including that.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4466 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Booney » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:24 am

HH3 wrote:I'm not gonna do another review, but the Lighthouse Wharf is our go to safe option.

Another great meal. 2 x mains, 1 starter, and a rum - $54.

The First Commercial is pretty solid too.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7526 times
Been liked: 10831 times

Postby MatteeG » Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:33 pm

Agree with AM Bays- Warradale prices are horrendous for very standard pub grub
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Postby wristwatcher » Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:43 pm

Coffee Barun on Main Norf rd. Prospect.

Big fan of the breakfasts at this place. We went there for my Bday brunch today. A variety of Barun Big Breakfasts, Eggs Fiorintine, Benedict and Belgian waffles were ordered. Drink selections of coffees, caps, milk shakes and iced coffees with a tart as Bday cake.

Everyone raved about the food as it is always top shelf, well presented and generous enough portions. I didn't pay but it's not cheap but not too over the top for the quality they produce. The big brekky goes for $20 but with perfectly poached, fancy bread, a side of pig, chirozzo, mushroom and tomato it's a feast worth the cash as it's always cooked to perfection. It does appear in the ent book but we go here 4 or 5 times a year so it's long gone.

My only fault was my iced coffee seemed a little sour or bitter. Certainly wasn't sweet enough but perhaps it was made from their real coffee and a bit stronger, time will tell. Wasn't on par with the rest of the food and drinks and for $6 should have been better.

8.5/10. Ice coffee robbed it off being in the lofty but rare 9 zone.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 851 times

Postby Psyber » Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:47 pm

Psyber wrote:
Booney wrote:
toot toot wrote:
Psyber wrote:I've been to the Edinburgh in Mitcham a few times with a group.
I have not had one decent meal there and there is a tendency to under-cook poultry.

I've declared I'm never going there again.

Interesting, I've eaten there 4 times in the last month and have had a good meal each time. Although have stuck to the pub classics.

Big Shed Brewery - Loved this place, all the beers were awesome. Only down side was they didn't have all beers available in bottles to take home.

Great little joint, isn't it?

It can be a draw back, the popularity of the place and the beers ( now on tap around Adelaide and Sydney ) means they often don't have the capacity to produce enough beer to have bottled stock in place. The kegs are always on and going, but bottled brews sort of come and go in batches.

What was the pick for you mate?

It may have been because I was as a guest of a local group who were getting a concessional package deal per head and a set menu.
Perhaps if there is less profit in it short-cuts are taken or the trainee cooks get the job....

Confirmed the other night by a friend who has eaten in the Ed's dining room as well as at the same function I attended - definitely better (and cheaper) in the dining room.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 395 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Gozu » Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:38 pm

IKEA.

10 Swedish meatballs with gravy, jam and a serve of chips for $3.95. At that price quality is irrelevant but they taste alright too.

If you want to get back out without going through the labyrinth just find one of their employees tell them you want out and they will take you through a few secure doors.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 660 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:50 pm

Coopers Alehouse

Yet again my 600gm Chicken Snitty with Hawaiian topping was perfection. BUT it only gets a 9.5/10 because of the old chips under the Schnitzel trick FFS. Yes it's a big Schnitzel but there enough was enough room on the plate to put at least half the chips I got on the side of the schnitzel.

Anyway, washed down with a couple of Celebration Ales. Love it.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10404 times
Been liked: 1538 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Spargo » Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:28 pm

Gozu wrote:IKEA.

You really should've stopped there...
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5548 times
Been liked: 5175 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby wristwatcher » Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:42 pm

Buckingham Arms tonight.

A family Favourite for 40 years.

Cost 3 of us $69 with the voucher.

My plate/bowl breakdown was as follows...
- 4 types of chickens - all good
- Roasts - excellent
- Cold meats and salads - very good with a kick ass Ceaser salad
- prawns and mussels - had better but still solid prawns
- cheese plate and dried fruit - spot on
- crumble and ice cream - how can you go wrong
- cheesecake - tasty
- donut - standard
- coffee - average
- general feeling of unwell - priceless

Got there at 6pm which was a solid plan as there would have been 100-150 by 7.15. Very enjoyable food and company. Great value for money. 9/10
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 851 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion