Crows 2015

Talk on the national game

Re: Crows 2015

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:00 pm

Geez Walker was good last night. Unlike some posts on this site in the past, to be a good leader you don't need good speech or an iq of more than 5. You just need to lead by example and stand up when it matters.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 748 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Robran » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:13 pm

I think how we are so lucky to have sauce in our team he is easily IMO the best ruckman in the comp you reliase how much he means to the team when he has a rest for a period during the game and Jenkins goes into the midfield, I am a real critic of Jenkins but seriously I've been to games this year when sauce is off and Jenkins goes in and just watch how we dont win a clearance from his tap work sometimes he doesn't even make contact with the ball.. Jenkins main goal in out team is to be a key forward with him taking strong marks and creating options for our small forwards( like our captain does) he not really doing that is he yes I no he played a great game against the eagles a couple of weeks ago but 1 in 5 just doesn't cut it.. I hope he can come out this week and really contribute to the team we can't rely on our two smalls to constantly hit the score board .. Question marks on Hartigan does lever come in now.. Cheney did enough very composed under pressure which is what u want in big finals
GO THE COCKS
The mighty cocks 2018 premiers
Robran
League - Best 21

Has liked: 209 times
Been liked: 189 times

Postby mighty hounds » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:15 pm

Robran wrote:I think how we are so lucky to have sauce in our team he is easily IMO the best ruckman in the comp you reliase how much he means to the team when he has a rest for a period during the game and Jenkins goes into the midfield, I am a real critic of Jenkins but seriously I've been to games this year when sauce is off and Jenkins goes in and just watch how we dont win a clearance from his tap work sometimes he doesn't even make contact with the ball.. Jenkins main goal in out team is to be a key forward with him taking strong marks and creating options for our small forwards( like our captain does) he not really doing that is he yes I no he played a great game against the eagles a couple of weeks ago but 1 in 5 just doesn't cut it.. I hope he can come out this week and really contribute to the team we can't rely on our two smalls to constantly hit the score board .. Question marks on Hartigan does lever come in now.. Cheney did enough very composed under pressure which is what u want in big finals

I better see Lever in there. Hartigan too much of a liability
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 286 times

Crows 2015

Postby bennymacca » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:07 pm

Robran wrote:I think how we are so lucky to have sauce in our team he is easily IMO the best ruckman in the comp you reliase how much he means to the team when he has a rest for a period during the game and Jenkins goes into the midfield, I am a real critic of Jenkins but seriously I've been to games this year when sauce is off and Jenkins goes in and just watch how we dont win a clearance from his tap work sometimes he doesn't even make contact with the ball.. Jenkins main goal in out team is to be a key forward with him taking strong marks and creating options for our small forwards( like our captain does) he not really doing that is he yes I no he played a great game against the eagles a couple of weeks ago but 1 in 5 just doesn't cut it.. I hope he can come out this week and really contribute to the team we can't rely on our two smalls to constantly hit the score board .. Question marks on Hartigan does lever come in now.. Cheney did enough very composed under pressure which is what u want in big finals

Jenkins had 42 goals for the year, his second in a row of 40+

Not bad for a third forward.

For a third forward, only Roughead and Breust (equal second) on 45 have kicked more.

He isn't a ruckman but he isn't supposed to be.

Reckon you are being a bit harsh.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby heater31 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:43 pm

bennymacca wrote:

Jenkins had 42 goals for the year, his second in a row of 40+

Not bad for a third forward.

For a third forward, only Roughead and Breust (equal second) on 45 have kicked more.

He isn't a ruckman but he isn't supposed to be.

Reckon you are being a bit harsh.

Jenkins last night got his hands on the footy in a marking contest a number of times but couldn't get them to stick. Mind you the Dogs double teamed almost every time as well against him.

V West Coast he was one on one and they stuck.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1265 times

Postby bennymacca » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:55 pm

Yeah didn't have his best game last night and spilled quite a few, but that happens sometimes.

Probably he only player I wouldn't give a pass mark is Atkins. Looked overawed and a little rushed every time he got it.

Wouldn't surprise me if he was dropped
bennymacca
Coach

Postby wristwatcher » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:24 pm

wristwatcher wrote:Crows will win this week. I'm extremely confident.

In the end I was $200 confident after a massive day on the Gas. I'm off to the TAB now to collect.

The 4th leg of my multi with margins Is looking very good if Richmond can just avoid doing a Richmond.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 852 times

Postby marbles » Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:03 pm

crows gotta beat

hawthorn
freo
then west coast

for the flag :)
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 277 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby carey » Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:06 pm

marbles wrote:crows gotta beat

hawthorn
freo
then west coast

Won't get to Freo.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2813 times
Been liked: 2999 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby marbles » Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:25 pm

carey wrote:

hawthorn
freo
then west coast

Won't get to Freo.

freo got no offense

port stunned em there last year in the finals yea?
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby carey » Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:40 pm

marbles wrote:
carey wrote:

hawthorn
freo
then west coast

Won't get to Freo.

freo got no offense

You missed my point Marbles. They won't get past the Hawks.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2813 times
Been liked: 2999 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby marbles » Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:52 pm

:) ok. did they beat the hawks recently
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:14 pm

That game last night was the best footy match I have seen in a long time. An absolute shootout that's intensity didn't drop from the opening minutes until the end of the match. If you introduce someone to the game who is from overseas, show them that game.

Dogs lost the game in the first 10 minutes for me, Adelaide shouldn't have had 4 goals on the board when the Dogs jumped them early.

I'm taking a different approach to others. Too often as a footy club we have coughed up chances to play in a GF. We are good enough to make it and need to make it count. Take away the emotions we are in the same situation as other top 4 clubs who lost on the weekend, haven't gone to Perth and haven't had an injury in weeks. We are getting kissed on the dick here.

Only in 2 years From the last 20 has a club come from lower than 6th to win the whole thing the following year. This year it's looking like it could be a 3rd time with the clubs peaking at the right time.

We'll see what happens from here, but we need to take this with both hands.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 748 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby mighty hounds » Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:39 pm

carey wrote:
marbles wrote:
carey wrote:

hawthorn
freo
then west coast

Won't get to Freo.

freo got no offense

You missed my point Marbles. They won't get past the Hawks.

We have a better chance of knocking off the Hawks than what Port do :lol:
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 286 times

Postby hawks21 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:11 am

Firstly well done to all the Crows fans that made the trip over, huge contingent went over the atmosphere was electric the whole game!

A lot of people are saying that the Dogs lost the game due to bad kicking but in the end the Crows were good enough to grind out and find away to win when the opposition were killing us in almost every stat. Good sides just find ways to win, especially after going 8 points down late in the last, hopefully a trend that can continue into next year and beyond. We just kept responding when tested which was great to watch, led by Rory Sloane IMO.

Dogs were very impressive and even quicker watching them live, there pace really killed us at times but when we were able to slow them up they turned it over and we capitalised. The Bont and there mids killed our mids in clearances, luckily our backline stood up massively after the first few minutes.

Everyone is focusing on how good Tex and Betts were (which they were) but Riley Knight come of age, his best game of AFL and what a game to do it in! Tex delivering when it counted in a massive final.

Hawks are a champion side and will respond, however they are at their most vulnerable for many years this week so I think we should go in with an air of confidence, however, our mids need to stand up and our tackling needs to improve for us to be a chance.
hawks21
Reserves

Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 37 times

Postby Booney » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:16 am

I thought Adelaide were very well served by their top guns, Sloane, Douglas very good early in the middle, Betts took his chances early and Walker was very good late.

In between that though, how did others see the spread of workload across the side? I thought Laird was well held out of the game, Dangerfield and Jacobs did their best work late with some important marks but other than that, quite a few Crows were down on output IMO. Considering Lynch and Jenkins had no impact and Jacobs probably broke even with Minson, Adelaide did very well to score enough as they did.

65 I50's to the Dogs, 50 to Adelaide. Let the Hawks have 60+ I50's and you're on holidays.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7543 times
Been liked: 10873 times

Postby MW » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:22 am

Agree with everything you said. Mids were smashed in the clearances but seem to do well when the ball got out to a contest on the wings. The small backs seemed to be irrelevant maybe because WB went through the taller forwards in Crameri, Dixon and Stringer. Sometimes you just gotta win ugly I guess but yeah Hawks won't let that happen.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2654 times
Been liked: 1882 times

Postby bennymacca » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:27 am

Booney wrote:I thought Adelaide were very well served by their top guns, Sloane, Douglas very good early in the middle, Betts took his chances early and Walker was very good late.

In between that though, how did others see the spread of workload across the side? I thought Laird was well held out of the game, Dangerfield and Jacobs did their best work late with some important marks but other than that, quite a few Crows were down on output IMO. Considering Lynch and Jenkins had no impact and Jacobs probably broke even with Minson, Adelaide did very well to score enough as they did.

65 I50's to the Dogs, 50 to Adelaide. Let the Hawks have 60+ I50's and you're on holidays.

I disagree, i thought we had a pretty even spread to be honest.

Tex and Betts were by far the standouts, but as mentioned earlier, players like Riley Knight and Cameron were the ones that got us there.

Laird still had 22 touches, which isnt bad. I thought smith was huge under pressure, as was Henderson. I thought Hartigan and Cheney stood up well to immense pressure, and Talia won the battle with stringer.

Yes, the dogs missed so many opportunities, but on the flip side, we made every one count. We kicked 10.1 or something from set shots. And they werent all 20m out directly in front either. Tex and Knight kicked some clutch goals, which 90% of the time they wouldnt kick, so I like to think they won it.

I do agree that we cant let that happen agains the Hawks though
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:32 am

Stringer was clearly hampered by his hamstring, whether it "pinged" or not we'll never know, but he was far from 100% for most of the game.

Knight, Cameron, Smith, Henderson, Hartigan as you note all did some important things but without Betts, Walker and Sloane playing out of their skin you don't win that game.

Too few left to do too much IMO.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7543 times
Been liked: 10873 times

Postby MW » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:40 am

I dont buy into the whole "without so and so you don't win" argument. Without Dickson Crows win by 7 goals. Without Bont, more again. you can argue it anyway
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2654 times
Been liked: 1882 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL