Southern Football League

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Southern Football League

Postby heater31 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:02 pm

1919 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:3 small schools running a single program. School footy is great but also dying, only 4 year 6/7 teams left in the West Adelaide comp.

It's interesting to me that it seems most clubs have plenty on auskickers and under 8's then number start dropping off. Maybe regardless of how the kids respond to loaded questions in the surveys, the kids actually get bored with the game pretty quickly because what they are playing after all the modifications and PC'ness, is nothing like they see their hero's doing on TV or at Adelaide oval da h week?

How is this possible when the powers that be at the highest level dribble continuously that the numbers are at their highest levels ever?
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1265 times

Postby reppoh_eht » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:31 pm

So after the tribunal visit earlier in the week it seems the Hackham circus has returned... The B Grade have already forfeited against Flaggies and I'm sure their A Grade will be fairly depleted too!

Hope the lads enjoy their holiday, albeit a much shorter one than it should've been after looking at the footage.
reppoh_eht
Under 16s

Has liked: 131 times
Been liked: 54 times

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:50 pm

reppoh_eht wrote:So after the tribunal visit earlier in the week it seems the Hackham circus has returned... The B Grade have already forfeited against Flaggies and I'm sure their A Grade will be fairly depleted too!

Hope the lads enjoy their holiday, albeit a much shorter one than it should've been after looking at the footage.

When was the last time an A or B grade forfeitted? 30 years?
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby 1919 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:11 pm

reppoh_eht wrote:So after the tribunal visit earlier in the week it seems the Hackham circus has returned... The B Grade have already forfeited against Flaggies and I'm sure their A Grade will be fairly depleted too!

Where's the footage?
Rookie

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 3 times

Postby Boof » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:39 pm

How many games did the Hackam lads get?
Boof
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby Dutchy » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:55 pm

Contract Extension:
The Reynella Committee is proud to announce the re-appointment of Gianni Petrucci as Senior Coach for the 2016/17 seasons.
Gianni has coached the Reynella A grade for the last 3 seasons, after joining Reynella as our B gradecoach in 2010, he has taken us to the 2013 Flag and has us in a strong position at this stage in the 2015 quest for the flag.
Our team strength while built around a strong senior playing group have developed even further through G’s work with our Junior groups, seeing some of these Juniors now taking on leadership roles.
G has formed strong ties with Reynella over the last 5 years and along with his family Hayley, Eva, Max and Louie they now call Reynella home.
With G’s strengths to communicate and command the respect of his players we believe that our Club has prospered under G’s leadership and his development of the Juniors over the last 5 years and has placed our club in a very strong position for many years to come.
Please join me in congratulating Gianni on his appointment and get behind him for the remainder of the 2015 season and the future in 2016/17 !!
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2337 times
Been liked: 3606 times

Postby WHEELS&DEALS » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:46 am

Dutchy wrote:
WHEELS&DEALS wrote:Also if you struggled to field a 6/7 team at your school isn't that saying something? Maybe there isn't enough kids wanting to play football and when the majority of them go to 3 or 4 clubs, it makes it very hard for the lower clubs to get teams up and running.

You didn't read my subsequent post, kids in year 7 are playing u14's on Saturday mornings for the clubs and when your school is in between Flaggies and HV who are only 3-4kms apart anyway what can you do? Club footy will always win over school footy in this instance.

Different for clubs down the hill as school football comes before club football.
WHEELS&DEALS
Under 16s

Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby vics01 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:12 am

Food for thought for the Maroon Coats and the SANFL/AFL..

https://www.facebook.com/whatshappening ... 6/?fref=nf
vics01
Reserves

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby shoe boy » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:03 am

Boof wrote:How many games did the Hackam lads get?

How many lads ? half a side ?
I also see Lonsdale forfeit 18 side.?
Also has the Aldinga coach handed in his resignation ?
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby reppoh_eht » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:33 am

Boof wrote:How many games did the Hackam lads get?

4 Games and 3 Games...
reppoh_eht
Under 16s

Postby reppoh_eht » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:35 am

Esteban Vihaio wrote:

Hackham forfeited their B Grade twice in 2007 (v Flaggies and v Reynella)
reppoh_eht
Under 16s

Postby Look Good In Leather » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:54 am

reppoh_eht wrote:
Esteban Vihaio wrote:

Hackham forfeited their B Grade twice in 2007 (v Flaggies and v Reynella)

A-grade I reckon it was Happy Valley forfeiting against Brighton in 2004? (not sure which year it was)
I think you then need to go back to around 1976 when McLaren Vale forfeited a number of A-Grade games and withdrew for a period.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby petoe » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:54 am

Where is Hackham at as a club now? Seriously!
This is a club that seemed to be building (beat flaggies in 2013, drew with brighton 2014 and just missed the 8 in 2014)
Now they are forfeiting B grade, struggling to field a competive A grade, have had 3 seprerate players suspended for 5,4 and 3 weeks and that's only the ones I know of.
When all was set to build on the positives from 2014 , nearly half the side left? Why? And the players recruited this year have to be questioned for both questionable character and also quality.
Absolute debacle.
petoe
Under 16s

Been liked: 5 times

Postby MatteeG » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:14 am

What happens when a B grade forfeits? Do the As start earlier?
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby afc9798 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:45 am

MatteeG wrote:What happens when a B grade forfeits? Do the As start earlier?

I believe that all other grades start later if the game is forfeited prior to the day and the A's would retain the 2-30pm timeslot.
If the game was forfeited on the day, I would imagine the same would apply due to the difficulty of re-arranging schedule/warm ups/player co-ordination etc.
afc9798
Reserves

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 47 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby Look Good In Leather » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:55 am

They couldn't even get 14 players together?
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby shoe boy » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:47 pm

This week winners.

Twisties over Sharks (who is coach ? Tyler)
Christies over Emus in a must win at Bice
Brighton to belt Cove
Flaggies over Hawks
Vikings over Cockeldivers
SAAFL Townies over Lions
The house hold name Wineflies to get stuck in the mud against the Shoes

Good luck to all
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby cracka » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:10 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:

They couldn't even get 14 players together?

Is Alistair Clarksons mate still playing. Has that negative publicity hurt them at all?
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 463 times
Been liked: 569 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Animus » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:23 pm

[quote="shoe boy"]This week winners.

Twisties over Sharks
Christies over Emus in a must win at Bice
Brighton to belt Cove
Flaggies over Hawks
Vikings over Cockeldivers
SAAFL Townies over Lions
The house hold name Wineflies to get stuck in the mud against the Shoes

Agree with your tips this week Shoeboy ;)

i reckon the 'Lion Cobra' could be a potential new species...
Animus
Under 16s

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby Mister Footy » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:21 pm

[quote="petoe"]Where is Hackham at as a club now? Seriously!
This is a club that seemed to be building (beat flaggies in 2013, drew with brighton 2014 and just missed the 8 in 2014)
Now they are forfeiting B grade, struggling to field a competive A grade, have had 3 seprerate players suspended for 5,4 and 3 weeks and that's only the ones I know of.
When all was set to build on the positives from 2014 , nearly half the side left? Why? And the players recruited this year have to be questioned for both questionable character and also quality.
Absolute debacle.[/

Reckon committee should have supported Marty Clifton over the Bollys and co who ended up leaving anyway

I like the sound of the Cobra Lions - Lonsdale would do well to merge with Cove over Hackam cos who would want to merge with Hackam at the moment ?
Mister Footy
Under 18s

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL