BL&G Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: BL&G Football League

Postby daysofourlives » Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:21 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Bag & Sledge wrote:
No, but a playing coach will need to be cleared and I'm sure he wouldn't be travelling to Williamstown to showcase his talent from the coaches box.

Yeah true, think Barossa might have gone a bit early with the announcement, far from a done deal

Pretty sure a coach doesnt need to be cleared by his former club, thinking of Greenwood coaching Freeling from Tanunda a few years back.

Ok so who's the expert on the proposed salary cap? Are coaches included in cap? Is every club in the future going to have 2 or more coaches?
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2457 times
Been liked: 1683 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Killa » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:16 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Bag & Sledge wrote:
No, but a playing coach will need to be cleared and I'm sure he wouldn't be travelling to Williamstown to showcase his talent from the coaches box.

Yeah true, think Barossa might have gone a bit early with the announcement, far from a done deal

Done deal... It came out the boys mouth itself.
Killa
Under 18s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: South Augusta

Postby Jim05 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:34 pm

Killa wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Bag & Sledge wrote:

Done deal... It came out the boys mouth itself.

Isnt cleared to play yet, fact.
Would think some $ would have to change hands
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1128 times
Been liked: 3654 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby barrys antz » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:49 am

daysofourlives wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Bag & Sledge wrote:

Pretty sure a coach doesnt need to be cleared by his former club, thinking of Greenwood coaching Freeling from Tanunda a few years back.

Ok so who's the expert on the proposed salary cap? Are coaches included in cap? Is every club in the future going to have 2 or more coaches?

yeah you feel a bit for all the current coaches in around the state because as of next year they are all going to be "assistant coaches". gee whiz this will open a bag of worms. not sure on Obst needing a clearance from south but they are also going to use 8 points, how will barossa have, if its only 14 that doesnt leave too much room for too many others.
barrys antz
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Tanunda

Postby Red Rocket » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:25 pm

Go on holidays for a couple of weeks and it looks like all hells broken loose in regards to points and salary cap.
Anyway I guess we will have to see what happens, flicking through the results whilst Im away and appears Tanunda are done and dusted for 2015 and there is a great finish to the season with 5 sides fighting for three spots. Nuri are off into the sunset and claimed the minor Premiership on the weekend with a comfortable win over Kapunda. Still think Central will grab 2nd easily and I think the Bombers will grab third looking at the draw. Ango v South in round 17 looks to be the decider barring any upsets and I just cant see Freeling getting there, much improved season but still reckon they are a couple of notches below the sides immediately above them. Nuri's flag to lose from here
Red Rocket
Under 18s

Been liked: 72 times
Grassroots Team: Kapunda

Postby Useless » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:25 pm

Red Rocket wrote:Go on holidays for a couple of weeks and it looks like all hells broken loose in regards to points and salary cap.
Anyway I guess we will have to see what happens, flicking through the results whilst Im away and appears Tanunda are done and dusted for 2015 and there is a great finish to the season with 5 sides fighting for three spots. Nuri are off into the sunset and claimed the minor Premiership on the weekend with a comfortable win over Kapunda. Still think Central will grab 2nd easily and I think the Bombers will grab third looking at the draw. Ango v South in round 17 looks to be the decider barring any upsets and I just cant see Freeling getting there, much improved season but still reckon they are a couple of notches below the sides immediately above them. Nuri's flag to lose from here

yeah think your right here rocket, Freeling will have to pull off some big wins to make it. Injuries have really hurt them this year but that happens to everyone.

Also Obst does need a clearance from south even if coach, not sure if going to get one. Pretty sure Greenwood needed one also when coached freeling.

On the other note, the salary cap regulation states only $300 of a player coaches total payment goes into the salary cap each week. which is pretty obvious what barossa are trying to exploit want get to far with this i would have thought. Not to mention pretty lousy timing.
Useless

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby Red Rocket » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:28 pm

Useless wrote:
Red Rocket wrote:Go on holidays for a couple of weeks and it looks like all hells broken loose in regards to points and salary cap.

yeah think your right here rocket, Freeling will have to pull off some big wins to make it. Injuries have really hurt them this year but that happens to everyone.

Also Obst does need a clearance from south even if coach, not sure if going to get one. Pretty sure Greenwood needed one also when coached freeling.

On the other note, the salary cap regulation states only $300 of a player coaches total payment goes into the salary cap each week. which is pretty obvious what barossa are trying to exploit want get to far with this i would have thought. Not to mention pretty lousy timing.

Rumours at the time that a fair few $$ changed hands to get Greenwood to Freeling and id think the same applies to Obst. Clearances are much easier to facilitate when there are large wads of crisp $100 bills involved
Red Rocket
Under 18s

Postby Shoot it » Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:23 pm

As far as I knew -this is the only clearance that is automatic in the league is for a coach. So I wouldn't think $$$$ would need to change hands.
Shoot it

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 2 times

Postby Swooper » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:44 am

Red Rocket wrote:
Useless wrote:

Rumours at the time that a fair few $$ changed hands to get Greenwood to Freeling and id think the same applies to Obst. Clearances are much easier to facilitate when there are large wads of crisp $100 bills involved

When Greenwood left Tanunda to go and coach Freeling absolutely no $ changed hands, it has been stated openly and publicly that Tanunda where happy for him to go and further his career with absolutely no bad feelings between either parties and this evident as he has come back this season. So Red Rocket like many other rumours on this forum it is absolutely false.
Swooper
Rookie

Postby RooShootOhh » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:56 pm

I think all he was saying Swooper is, the paperwork may still need to be done... Not that Tanunda tried to stop Big Bad Mal!

And hes right, the rules of this league require him to be cleared from South to Barossa... Now whether that happens with no fuss like Greenwood from Tanunda to Freeling or not, that is up for debate.

It will also push the boundaries in the new stated Salary Cap and Points combo.

Miles and Obst 4 points
Thier young lad from centrals will be 2 next year (if he stays)
Thats 10 gone already, only leaves 2 spots left, and one of them will have to cover the loss of Roger
RooShootOhh
Under 16s

Been liked: 40 times
Grassroots Team: Waikerie

Postby Shoot it » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:11 pm

I think they have a few additional points than that.

Kovatseff, Goodfellow, Spur ??? - maybe Sanbury
Shoot it

Postby Swooper » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:55 pm

RooShootOhh wrote:I think all he was saying Swooper is, the paperwork may still need to be done... Not that Tanunda tried to stop Big Bad Mal!

And hes right, the rules of this league require him to be cleared from South to Barossa... Now whether that happens with no fuss like Greenwood from Tanunda to Freeling or not, that is up for debate.

Miles and Obst 4 points
Thats 10 gone already, only leaves 2 spots left, and one of them will have to cover the loss of Roger

Nah pretty sure he said "a fair few $$ changed hands to Greenwood to Freeling"
Swooper
Rookie

Postby Red Rocket » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:19 pm

Swooper wrote:
RooShootOhh wrote:I think all he was saying Swooper is, the paperwork may still need to be done... Not that Tanunda tried to stop Big Bad Mal!

Miles and Obst 4 points

Nah pretty sure he said "a fair few $$ changed hands to Greenwood to Freeling"

I said it was rumoured.
Obviosly as you have pointed out that wasnt the case.
Does anyone know the actually ruling on a clearance for a coach and do those same rules apply for a joint coach?
Anyway thats for the offseason.
Still a ripping season remaining to see who gets in the finals. Tanunda gone after the weekends effort, real grinding win for Kapunda in difficult conditions, for the anmount of rain around the valley I thought the ground actually held up ok. One more win should almost be enough for the Bombers, still a chance of top 2 if they can win all remaining games. Freeling hanging by a thread, must win all remaining games and rely on other results to get in. Ango v South in a fortnight looks like being the decider unless South claim a very unlikely win over Centrals, if they somehow win that they are in, would think the Tigers will belt them. Ango will be sitting back this week hoping thats the case. Kapunda should easily account for the Dogs and can Tanunda give one last effort and finish off Freeling for 2015?
Red Rocket
Under 18s

Postby Red Rocket » Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:45 pm

Kapunda back in finals action after defeating Barossa today, still a chance of the double chance with good results.
Anyone know other scores, site seems to be down currently
Red Rocket
Under 18s

Postby Jim05 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:55 pm

Red Rocket wrote:Kapunda back in finals action after defeating Barossa today, still a chance of the double chance with good results.
Anyone know other scores, site seems to be down currently

South flogged by Centrals today, had a crack but undermanned severely and outclassed by a much better side.
Equation hasnt changed for us, need to win 1 game to play finals, simply must beat Angaston this week
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1128 times
Been liked: 3654 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Officejet » Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:09 pm

Hearing the BLG Club's have boned the Salary Cap proposal, 0-9 the vote…..so what happens now.
We are the Red and Blacks
Officejet
Under 16s

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Kadina

Postby Swamp Donkey » Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:12 pm

Officejet wrote:Hearing the BLG Club's have boned the Salary Cap proposal, 0-9 the vote…..so what happens now.

Says a lot about footy in the Barossa.
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:29 pm

Officejet wrote:Hearing the BLG Club's have boned the Salary Cap proposal, 0-9 the vote…..so what happens now.

Confirmed.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Officejet » Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:53 pm

Peter Argent article doesn’t really explain why the no vote, it eludes to the “risk” to club’s committees, well this is an easy fix, don’t break the cap…. Also the fact that BLGFA club feel they already live within their means, my thoughts are BLG Clubs need to look at footy across the state and see the Bute’s and Ardrossan in home league, and the rumours around about Moonta and Pasky spend, from the outside looking in I wouldn’t thing any BLG club are in danger, but gee a few in other leagues are, and if it’s not managed carefully the game across the state will get weaker, one thinks for sure we can all thank Hamley Bridge for this, Hey Swampy
We are the Red and Blacks
Officejet
Under 16s

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Kadina

Postby hotspur » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:15 pm

Says a lot about footy in the Barossa

Also says a lot about other leagues.
If one can get it right, should they suffer for others, and more importantly because the SANFL and Amateurs
have decreed the country should suffer to prop them up again.
hotspur
Under 16s

Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy