Team of the Year.

Talk on the national game

Re: Team of the Year.

Postby MJ_23 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:31 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
JK wrote:I think it will be hard for Martin to get in ahead of Goldy, Niicknat and Jacobs.

Definitely not Goldy, I've preferred him over the other two, Sandi was right up there too, easily the best "tap" ruckman and has been useful around the ground with his 12:1 handball/kick ratio, it does help when you'd be able to change the globes on street lights though.

Nic Nat tap work has been incredible this year, i would say he has been the most influential ruck man alongside Goldy.
MJ_23
Under 16s

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 26 times
Grassroots Team: Tumby Bay

Postby lovethefooty » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:37 pm

coach of the year is a hard one too.
why shouldn't ross lyon be coach of the year thus far. freo are on top.
do you get extra points for taking a team from near the bottom upward??

I guess what I am saying is coach of the year is even harder than picking an actual team!!!!!
lovethefooty
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:06 pm

lovethefooty wrote:coach of the year is a hard one too.
why shouldn't ross lyon be coach of the year thus far. freo are on top.
do you get extra points for taking a team from near the bottom upward??

I guess what I am saying is coach of the year is even harder than picking an actual team!!!!!

I think so, probably based on positional changes over the 12 moth period, the overcoming of hurdles such as players departing, injuries, drug scandals LOL.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4352 times
Been liked: 7969 times

Postby Spargo » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:17 pm

MJ_23 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
JK wrote:I think it will be hard for Martin to get in ahead of Goldy, Niicknat and Jacobs.

Definitely not Goldy, I've preferred him over the other two, Sandi was right up there too, easily the best "tap" ruckman and has been useful around the ground with his 12:1 handball/kick ratio, it does help when you'd be able to change the globes on street lights though.

Nic Nat tap work has been incredible this year, i would say he has been the most influential ruck man alongside Goldy.

....behind Goldy.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5593 times
Been liked: 5196 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby MJ_23 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:21 pm

Spargo wrote:
MJ_23 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

....behind Goldy.

Agreed
MJ_23
Under 16s

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 26 times
Grassroots Team: Tumby Bay

Postby bennymacca » Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:40 pm

Decent effort there LM, not too many that i could leave out. As a crows man i would love to see Laird get a gig but as you have already mentioned, it is pretty hard to leave out Hodge, Wood, Murphy et al.

Not really sure Mitchell will be in the team either
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:54 pm

bennymacca wrote:Decent effort there LM, not too many that i could leave out. As a crows man i would love to see Laird get a gig but as you have already mentioned, it is pretty hard to leave out Hodge, Wood, Murphy et al.

I had typed Laird in and then changed him, yeah, Mitchell is a contentious one but it's pretty hard to go past 31 touches a week with a high percentage of effectiveness.

The next 10 or 15 on-ballers would all be pretty stiff too.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby helicopterking » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:51 pm

bennymacca wrote:Decent effort there LM, not too many that i could leave out. As a crows man i would love to see Laird get a gig but as you have already mentioned, it is pretty hard to leave out Hodge, Wood, Murphy et al.

Because Wayne Carey said he wouldn't get a game in any other team? :oops:
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 675 times

Postby bennymacca » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:54 pm

haha. no
bennymacca
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:59 pm

Can't leave the 2015 Brownlow medallist out of it, thats right, you heard it here first. I dont think we've had any other standouts this year, Hodgey doesnt always poll well.
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2439 times
Been liked: 1672 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Jim05 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:50 pm

daysofourlives wrote:

Can't leave the 2015 Brownlow medallist out of it, thats right, you heard it here first. I dont think we've had any other standouts this year, Hodgey doesnt always poll well.

Hope you are right, put $100 on him @$12 about 3 weeks ago.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1127 times
Been liked: 3576 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby helicopterking » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:32 pm

Jim05 wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

You would Kneed him to get best on at least 3 times in the last 4 rounds and Fyfe to get zero.
helicopterking
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:51 pm

helicopterking wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

You would Kneed him to get best on at least 3 times in the last 4 rounds and Fyfe to get zero.

Im not so certain that Fyfe is that far in front. The maggots watch completely differant games to everyone else sometimes, who knows what they are thinking.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1127 times
Been liked: 3576 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:31 am

Jim05 wrote:Im not so certain that Fyfe is that far in front. The maggots watch completely differant games to everyone else sometimes, who knows what they are thinking.

It's hard to overlook a 6"3" lad with lots of hair that gets the ball pretty often
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby wristwatcher » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:17 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Im not so certain that Fyfe is that far in front. The maggots watch completely differant games to everyone else sometimes, who knows what they are thinking.

It's hard to overlook a 6"3" lad with lots of hair that gets the ball pretty often

Speaking to a bloke that plays AFL earlier this week and he put forward some very strong points for Priddis going back to back.

Without going into statistical specifics if he is a proven vote getter, under the umpires noses, plays fair, is polite to the umps, easy to spot and the Weagles are going to finish about ten spots higher in 2015. So it stands to reason that it would be fool hardy to overlook him. It's not like there are proven vote getters around him.

I would like to see Fyfe win. I have seen a view interviews and stories on him and he is a class act. Drives the big rigs and is a good old fashioned humble hard working country boy.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 852 times

Postby bennymacca » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:26 am

Goldstein at $5 is so short. Even though he has had a gun season, there is no way he gets close. Had a great season last year too, and got 3 brownlow votes, with 7,6,6 in the seasons before that too.

Tend to agree about priddis, though Gaff might steal a few votes from him.

Reckon Dangerfield is a smokey for an each way bet at least. 21,22 and 23 votes in the last 3 years, and has certainly had a better season than last year, coupled with Sloane not stealing votes from him. (Thompson might though)

Good each way bet @ 23s imo
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Spargo » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:32 am

bennymacca wrote:Goldstein at $5 is so short. Even though he has had a gun season, there is no way he gets close. Had a great season last year too, and got 3 brownlow votes, with 7,6,6 in the seasons before that too.

He's been BOG clearly in 6 games this year so far. Whilst I don't reckon he'll win it, I do think he's a top 3 chance.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5593 times
Been liked: 5196 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby JK » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:33 am

Reckon Priddis is right up there with Fyfe, and think Hannebery is too. Mitchell would have to be a massive chance since the umps rarely reward Lewis (and he's not had his best year anyway). Would love to see Goldstein win it, and think he will come home hard* but there's the unshakeable ruckman factor.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4466 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby helicopterking » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:36 am

wristwatcher wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Speaking to a bloke that plays AFL earlier this week and he put forward some very strong points for Priddis going back to back.

Without going into statistical specifics if he is a proven vote getter, under the umpires noses, plays fair, is polite to the umps, easy to spot and the Weagles are going to finish about ten spots higher in 2015. So it stands to reason that it would be fool hardy to overlook him. It's not like there are proven vote getters around him.

I would like to see Fyfe win. I have seen a view interviews and stories on him and he is a class act. Drives the big rigs and is a good old fashioned humble hard working country boy.

The thing is with Priddis this year, there are a lot more contributors. Shuey didn't play a lot last season, and his explosiveness away from the centre,from Nic Nats ruck work will catch the umpires eye. Gaffs numbers will steal a lot of votes. But the extra wins may offset the votes getting stolen from team mates.
helicopterking
Coach

Postby lovethefooty » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:42 am

i wouldn't be at all surprised if priddis won again. he is a jet!!!!
and now just about everyone notices.
lovethefooty
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL