Eagles v South Woodville oval 1.10pm

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Eagles v South Woodville oval 1.10pm

Postby Ramrod » Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:29 pm

human_torpedo wrote:The big boys don't need to fire to beat Norwood at the moment Ramrod ;)

Nah I think its a good sign we can still win with our spearheads not firing.. On his day Wundks is a monster who will brutalise most if not all full backs in the comp, just a muddy boggy day isn't his kind of day I don't think.. I have faith that we are in good stead, its a bit odd to be concerned when we are 3 games plus % clear on top with 3 to play..

I see your points Human Torpedo. Mate i reckon the Blind School could beat us at the moment.
Dont Hate me cause you Aint me.
Ramrod
Rookie

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby holden78 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:28 pm

saintal wrote:Add Thewlis to that list clanger.

On yesterday, giving the Eagles that 4 goal buffer early was obviously crucial, but to South's credit they kept eating into the margin and could have pinched it in the final minutes (or at least salvaged a draw). Liked the games of Seccull, Rose and Gulden while Crabby was excellent. As has been the problem all year have lacked a reliable second tall forward, with Haren again offering little yesterday.

Hayes was impressive for the home side.

What did you think of the state of the oval holden78? I thought only Noarlunga dishes up poor conditions for footy..

As you are well aware, my comments were regarding the ridiculous north to south slop and overall camber at Noarlunga!

My guess is it's something that was stuffed up all those years ago and never fixed due to $ and interest levels ..... much like
this states economy :oops:
holden78
League - Best 21

Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 55 times

Postby Keefy » Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:04 pm

darley16 wrote:Injuries now a big problem, out for season Cailotto, Liddle, Giddings, Rolfe, Darrou. May struggle to make finals with our depth to be tested. Durdin, Dale, Haines, Heaslip, McMahon you're time has arrived.

Can add Frazer Dale to the injury list now. Was kicked by a horse at work on Monday and has a broken leg and 2 broken ribs.
Keefy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 181 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby darley16 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:16 pm

Thanks Keefy...not!!! Going to been tough to make finals given we play Adelaide, Port, West and Centrals. I hate football.
darley16
Under 18s

Has liked: 232 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby spell_check » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:11 pm

Keefy wrote:
darley16 wrote:Injuries now a big problem, out for season Cailotto, Liddle, Giddings, Rolfe, Darrou. May struggle to make finals with our depth to be tested. Durdin, Dale, Haines, Heaslip, McMahon you're time has arrived.

Can add Frazer Dale to the injury list now. Was kicked by a horse at work on Monday and has a broken leg and 2 broken ribs.

I wonder how many Crows and Power players work with horses for that to happen to them during the week?
spell_check
Coach

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 178 times

Postby saintal » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:38 pm

Keefy wrote:

Ouch :?

Would have been a likely inclusion this week.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 428 times

Postby southee » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:15 pm

spell_check wrote:
Keefy wrote:

I wonder how many Crows and Power players work with horses for that to happen to them during the week?

Plenty of horse work off track with AFL footballers !
Is out of change.....thanks Cambridge Clarrie!!!
southee
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 858 times
Been liked: 122 times

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL