What?
another grub
Coach

Has liked: 448 times
Been liked: 412 times

Re: Sydney Swans 2015

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:34 pm

another grub wrote:What?

There is no point even trying to explain it to you - you'll probably never actually get it.

Just because something has happened for how ever long doesn't make it right, and given the fact he has expressed his disappointment/dislike/anger over the matter should be even more reason to realise that hey maybe it's not called on, maybe this is actually affecting the bloke, maybe we should stop..

"I'm sorry he feels this way..but.." - How about not being sorry and actually just stopping?!

Have you got a small child? Would you mind if I came and bullied them - just because, not because their skin colour or anything, just because.. and when they tell me they don't like it, i'll just tell them "I'm sorry you feel this way, but its been happening to people for 100 years."
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3996 times

Postby whufc » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:35 pm

Maybe every one should cheer and chant his name everytime he gets the ball this week
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5586 times
Been liked: 2527 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby another grub » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:42 pm

Whats a child got to do with this? Pretty poor example imho. Bit of a difference between bullying a small child and 'booing' a grown man on half a million a year on the footy field isnt there?
Is it realy bullying 'booing' at the footy? How soft are we getting? Whats this world coming too?
Last edited by another grub on Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
another grub
Coach

Postby whufc » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:43 pm

Zartan wrote:
another grub wrote:What?

There is no point even trying to explain it to you - you'll probably never actually get it.

Just because something has happened for how ever long doesn't make it right, and given the fact he has expressed his disappointment/dislike/anger over the matter should be even more reason to realise that hey maybe it's not called on, maybe this is actually affecting the bloke, maybe we should stop..

"I'm sorry he feels this way..but.." - How about not being sorry and actually just stopping?!

Have you got a small child? Would you mind if I came and bullied them - just because, not because their skin colour or anything, just because.. and when they tell me they don't like it, i'll just tell them "I'm sorry you feel this way, but its been happening to people for 100 years."

Is it bullying though? Was it bullying when the Adelaide crowds for years use to boo Nathan Buckley when he played here? Is it an issue if fans boo the umpires?

Is this much different to what we witnessed the whole last summer with Stuart Broad which in general the media encouraged
whufc
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:47 pm

another grub wrote:Whats a child got to do with this? Pretty poor example imho. Bit of a difference between bullying a small child and 'booing' a grown man on half a million a year isnt there?
Is it realy bullying 'booing' at the footy? How soft are we getting? Whats this world coming too?

The child analogy is a little severe, but the principle is the same, and at the end of the day no there is no difference if both are affecting a person in the same way.

It's not bullying when people boo at the footy, but it becomes bullying/harassment when that person openly expresses their disapproval for it and then people continue to boo and increase their efforts because they know that person doesn't like it.

We are not getting soft as a world, we are just becoming less tolerant to things that have long been allowed to go on, and speak up more.

Although out of all this, really it's the media that is to blame IMO - they just want publicity and ratings, they've driven this whole race hate agenda against Goodes from the start, they're the ones who put the idea that he was pulling the race card on the booing, they're the ones that continue to flood the media asking the questions "Should booing be allowed? Is booing racist" etc etc... they are loving this
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:49 pm

whufc wrote:Is it bullying though? Was it bullying when the Adelaide crowds for years use to boo Nathan Buckley when he played here? Is it an issue if fans boo the umpires?

Is this much different to what we witnessed the whole last summer with Stuart Broad which in general the media encouraged

Yes on both accounts - the difference with the Buckley example however is you're referring to a fairly isolated group (Adel fans) doing the booing - not week in week out fans booing because he didn't like it... and the Goodes issue is magnified because he openly says he doesn't like it.

With Stuart Broad it's the same, and shame on the media for encouraging but they only care about $$ anyway... and he's a pom so stuff him :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:09 pm

Hefty wrote:Hawthorn Star Luke Breust is in crisis talks with the AFL board today to discuss the inherent boo'ing he has faced throughout his career. Breust spoke to the media earlier this morning citing: 'It's bullshit, everytime I touch the aggot the crowd boo's me. I'm done with those racist pricks'.

Hayden Ballentyne says hello. Always booed outside of WA
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:10 pm

Goodes not playing this week
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2398 times

Postby whufc » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:19 pm

Brodlach wrote:
Hefty wrote:Hawthorn Star Luke Breust is in crisis talks with the AFL board today to discuss the inherent boo'ing he has faced throughout his career. Breust spoke to the media earlier this morning citing: 'It's bullshit, everytime I touch the aggot the crowd boo's me. I'm done with those racist pricks'.

I may reading the situation poorly but I truly believed that this has been extremely over hyped by the media, Sydney swans, Adam Goodes and now the AFL

I may be really naive but I honestly think if there is any racist element at most it would be like 5% (which is to much but in this situation you can't pinpoint the racists from the 'bogans')

I really think this is just a case of bogan australia have found an easy to dislike (that's a matter of opinion) 'villian' who has taken the bait

I don't think this is any different to Hayden Ballytine, Stuart Broad, Nathan Buckley, Akermanis, Wayne Carey etc expect for the bogans have caught there fish and social media and the like have turned it into the 'fad' thing to do. If it was a racist demonstration wouldn't other indigionous players be subject to this.

I wonder what would have happened if Goodes had came out like Warner and said it inspired him and made him concentrate harder whether the boo boys would still be out in force

Maybe I'm simplifying things to much or maybe i have to much faith in this country that we are beyond such racist taunts as this, I dunno
whufc
Coach

Postby whufc » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:20 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:Goodes not playing this week

Injured???
whufc
Coach

Postby Jase » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:20 pm

Zartan wrote:
whufc wrote:Is it bullying though? Was it bullying when the Adelaide crowds for years use to boo Nathan Buckley when he played here? Is it an issue if fans boo the umpires?

Yes on both accounts - the difference with the Buckley example however is you're referring to a fairly isolated group (Adel fans) doing the booing - not week in week out fans booing because he didn't like it... and the Goodes issue is magnified because he openly says he doesn't like it.

With Stuart Broad it's the same, and shame on the media for encouraging but they only care about $$ anyway... and he's a pom so stuff him [emoji38]

Just on this...

If I were to take offense at being called a Pom and made it known on here that I took offense to it, would you stop?

Just wondering...
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1479 times
Been liked: 551 times

Postby another grub » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:22 pm

Is booing as bad as words?

Just wondering...
another grub
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:30 pm

Ok then - how of you would boo Mitch Clark?

Should he just harden up a bit and stop sooking?

How is this any different? (Well to me it is worse)
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Grahaml » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:40 pm

Let's get one thing straight first up. Adam Goodes is a victim of workplace bullying because he's trying to do something about systemic racism in our community. Booing him for that, is supporting racism. That is the story in a nutshell.

This is his job. It's not something he can walk away from lightly because he only did it for fun anyway. Sure he gets paid handsomely but it's a career that might at best last 20 years. After that, if he's one of the lucky ones he might get a job as a coach or media personality. But even with the saturation of media and coaching staff there aren't enough jobs for all the blokes who retire. He might not be good enough or even interested. He'll retire from the game before he's 40 with a smashed body, few qualifications to do anything else and stuff all experience in any other vocation. That's with 35 or so years left of his working life to go. $500k sounds like a great wage and it is. But he probably won't be earning that in 10 years. In fact he might be earning the equivalent of 15% of that for the rest of his life. However, regardless of whether he earns a lot or not, there is NO justification for someone to put up with that abuse in their workforce.

I'm flabbergasted at the nonsense excuses people are putting forth for the booing. The free kicks he apparently gets. 11 for the year I read today I think. None for high contact. NONE. If this was about frees, he'd be one of 150 blokes getting it. He's the only one. Then there's the fact he got Australian of the year. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think he selected himself. Or even nominated himself. Or even made the faguest suggestion he should be considered. He was judged by others on the basis of his actions to be the most deserving. Some Hawthorn supporters are upset that Shane Crawford didn't get it. I can't imagine Shane himself cares in the slightest and the fact it's seen as a slight is in fact insulting to Shane's contributions to charities over the years. Shane Crawford did some amazing things for others. Let's not cheapen those actions by somehow making him the excuse for denegrating another person.

Finally, there's the moment Goodes pointed out the girl for her racist remark. Adam Goodes responded. He didn't start it. She said something and was called into line. He did not know who she was, how old she was or her family situation.

So long as this happens, it's actually embarrassing to be an Australian. To participate, support or even to excuse this is not in keeping with the very values we seem to subscribe to. Freedom, fairness and equality are the things we uphold above all others in this country. We have paedophiles who live in the community in anonymity but actors and sportsmen have media camped on their streets. We have CEOs on $10m who would be recognised by .01% of the population but politicians on 5% that who can't go for a walk without being accosted. And we have someone who stood up for himself being vilified while those with outdated and uneducated opinions are cheered for exercising "free speech".

Grow up.
Grahaml
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 169 times

Postby helicopterking » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:41 pm

bennymacca wrote:Ok then - how of you would boo Mitch Clark?

Should he just harden up a bit and stop sooking?

How is this any different? (Well to me it is worse)

One is a Mental Illness he can not control and can't predict when it may occur.
The other one isn't.
Can not compare the 2.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 667 times

Postby another grub » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:43 pm

So booing is being vilified . Glad we cleared that up.
another grub
Coach

Postby whufc » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:48 pm

Grahaml wrote:Let's get one thing straight first up. Adam Goodes is a victim of workplace bullying because he's trying to do something about systemic racism in our community. Booing him for that, is supporting racism. That is the story in a nutshell.

This is his job. It's not something he can walk away from lightly because he only did it for fun anyway. Sure he gets paid handsomely but it's a career that might at best last 20 years. After that, if he's one of the lucky ones he might get a job as a coach or media personality. But even with the saturation of media and coaching staff there aren't enough jobs for all the blokes who retire. He might not be good enough or even interested. He'll retire from the game before he's 40 with a smashed body, few qualifications to do anything else and stuff all experience in any other vocation. That's with 35 or so years left of his working life to go. $500k sounds like a great wage and it is. But he probably won't be earning that in 10 years. In fact he might be earning the equivalent of 15% of that for the rest of his life. However, regardless of whether he earns a lot or not, there is NO justification for someone to put up with that abuse in their workforce.

I'm flabbergasted at the nonsense excuses people are putting forth for the booing. The free kicks he apparently gets. 11 for the year I read today I think. None for high contact. NONE. If this was about frees, he'd be one of 150 blokes getting it. He's the only one. Then there's the fact he got Australian of the year. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think he selected himself. Or even nominated himself. Or even made the faguest suggestion he should be considered. He was judged by others on the basis of his actions to be the most deserving. Some Hawthorn supporters are upset that Shane Crawford didn't get it. I can't imagine Shane himself cares in the slightest and the fact it's seen as a slight is in fact insulting to Shane's contributions to charities over the years. Shane Crawford did some amazing things for others. Let's not cheapen those actions by somehow making him the excuse for denegrating another person.

Finally, there's the moment Goodes pointed out the girl for her racist remark. Adam Goodes responded. He didn't start it. She said something and was called into line. He did not know who she was, how old she was or her family situation.

So long as this happens, it's actually embarrassing to be an Australian. To participate, support or even to excuse this is not in keeping with the very values we seem to subscribe to. Freedom, fairness and equality are the things we uphold above all others in this country. We have paedophiles who live in the community in anonymity but actors and sportsmen have media camped on their streets. We have CEOs on $10m who would be recognised by .01% of the population but politicians on 5% that who can't go for a walk without being accosted. And we have someone who stood up for himself being vilified while those with outdated and uneducated opinions are cheered for exercising "free speech".

Grow up.

Honest question, what was your opinion on the booing of Stuart Broad all last summer.
whufc
Coach

Postby carey » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:05 pm

Brodlach wrote:

Wayne Carey got booed his whole career.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2803 times
Been liked: 2996 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:06 pm

Stuart Broad's booing is not even relevant to this debate. Next people will be bringing up Hadlee is a wanker.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL