bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Keefy » Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:11 pm

Seeing this posted on facebook

Crows fly as one... fly as well as a Malaysian airliner does. E.A.D crows!
Keefy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 183 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby Rik E Boy » Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:40 am

Brad Haddin
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1727 times
Been liked: 1831 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:41 am

Keefy wrote:Seeing this posted on facebook

Crows fly as one... fly as well as a Malaysian airliner does. E.A.D crows!

There's some real Bell-ends on FB.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1727 times
Been liked: 1831 times

Postby Failed Creation » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:00 am

Rik E Boy wrote:Brad Haddin

Spot on.

What on earth possessed him to play that c**t of a shot?

His time is well and truly up.
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3307 times
Been liked: 615 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby fisho mcspaz » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:43 pm

Reckless driving.

I've never reported someone's driving to the police until this arvo, but I had a guy almost swerve into me on South Rd, then tailgate me for several km, weaving from side to side so that I wasn't sure which one he was going to hit first - me, the kerb, or the car in the right-hand lane. I couldn't pull over because he would've gone up my arse. If I'd been the sole occupant I probably wouldn't have followed it up, but my little boy was in the back seat. So I took his licence plate and got a good look at his face and rang the police once he'd turned off (without using his indicators). :evil:
Hey Goose, ya big stud! Take me to bed or lose me for ever.
fisho mcspaz
League - Top 5

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 111 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Keefy » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:09 pm

My internet speed getting progressively slower throughout the afternoon
Keefy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 183 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:08 pm

fisho mcspaz wrote:Reckless driving.

I've never reported someone's driving to the police until this arvo, but I had a guy almost swerve into me on South Rd, then tailgate me for several km, weaving from side to side so that I wasn't sure which one he was going to hit first - me, the kerb, or the car in the right-hand lane. I couldn't pull over because he would've gone up my arse. If I'd been the sole occupant I probably wouldn't have followed it up, but my little boy was in the back seat. So I took his licence plate and got a good look at his face and rang the police once he'd turned off (without using his indicators). :evil:

Had a similar situation

but I drove to the local cop shop with him following and then he kept going when he realised where we were.
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 12315 times
Been liked: 3921 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:36 am

To the woman turning right over 3 lanes of traffic on Anzac Hwy just up from the Ashford hospital.
You should learn just cos one lane can't move forward doesn't mean the other 2 lanes have to stop.
Then you have the gall to carry on like a pork ******* chop waving hands like you were conducting an orchestra and screaming so your face looked like a screwed up meerkats ass
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 12315 times
Been liked: 3921 times

Postby MW » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:00 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:To the woman turning right over 3 lanes of traffic on Anzac Hwy just up from the Ashford hospital.
You should learn just cos one lane can't move forward doesn't mean the other 2 lanes have to stop.
Then you have the gall to carry on like a pork ******* chop waving hands like you were conducting an orchestra and screaming so your face looked like a screwed up meerkats ass

That reminds me of my pet peeve when driving Marion or South Road...when a bus pulls over at a bus stop, and for some reason the traffic stops in the right lane but flows in the left lane were the bus is parked.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2694 times
Been liked: 1907 times

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:46 am

^^^ this :?

NE Rd is infamous for it.

If you're stupid enough to be in a lane behind a bus, don't expect the folk in the right lane to let you in.

Change lanes when safe, don't barge into the next lane because you're too stupid to figure out what's coming up ahead.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1753 times
Been liked: 2171 times

Postby bennymacca » Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:39 pm

Footy Chick wrote:^^^ this :?

If you're stupid enough to be in a lane behind a bus, don't expect the folk in the right lane to let you in.

Change lanes when safe, don't barge into the next lane because you're too stupid to figure out what's coming up ahead.

on the other hand, i bet you are someone who sits in the right lane of a two lane road when the left lane is clear

adelaide drivers are the worst for not letting people change lanes. It is a fact of life that people get stuck in a lane, and for traffic to move freely you need to let people change lanes.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:47 pm

^^^ This.

Life's too short. We live in the 30 minute city, if it takes longer than 30 minutes to get there it's not worth seeing.

We're all on the roads together, we all need to catch a break from time to time, we all need to read the roads better and if letting someone in front of you keeps the world moving but holds you up for 15 seconds pull your head in, suck it up, do the right thing by everyone and we all live happily ever after.

Angry people on roads are the ones who suffer the most IMO. Breeze along, let people in, get a wave of acknowledgement, get to where you're going 12 seconds later.....*sigh*
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7628 times
Been liked: 11097 times

Postby MW » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:30 pm

As a general rule I agree with you Booney. My beef is it seems a select few seem to park in the right lane when there is a bus pulled over in the left lane. I have no problem at all with the zipper effect in this instance, but more often than not, it's the 'clear' lane that is affected, not the blocked lane.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2694 times
Been liked: 1907 times

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:09 pm

bennymacca wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:^^^ this :?

on the other hand, i bet you are someone who sits in the right lane of a two lane road when the left lane is clear

adelaide drivers are the worst for not letting people change lanes. It is a fact of life that people get stuck in a lane, and for traffic to move freely you need to let people change lanes.

You bet wrong, however, if a bus is within eyesight, i get out of that lane until i've overtaken said bus. If others aren't smart enough to do the same and then get cranky because no one will let them in that's not my problem. Again, the rule is change lanes when safe. It's more of a courtesy NOT to hold up a whole lane of traffic behind me, than it is to let in one car from the left hand lane.

There is no rule that states that the whole right lane needs to come to a standstill for the benefit of the cars in the left lane. Mann Terrace near Melbourne Street and the Buck is also another blazing example. the amount of times I've almost been taken out because cars attempt to change lanes as I'm coming around the corner (double lines - no changing lanes) is phenomenal - and if they can get in, they will stop a WHOLE lane of traffic in the middle of the road and sit there with their indicator on until someone lets them in.

Idiots.

There is no rule in the road rules that says you have to zip merge when a bus has stopped on the side of the road.

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby bennymacca » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:30 pm

Footy Chick wrote:There is no rule in the road rules that says you have to zip merge when a bus has stopped on the side of the road.

Saying there isn't a rule doesn't mean that you shouldn't follow common courtesy.

I went to Sydney a few weeks ago for work and the traffic was madness. Add to that I had no bloody idea where I was going sometimes. And the hire car had Queensland plates!

But yet whenever I chucked my indicator on the car level with me slowed down and let me in. How often does that happen in Adelaide? They are more likely to speed up from 5 car lengths back.

People in Adelaide are so selfish on the roads
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:57 pm

bennymacca wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:There is no rule in the road rules that says you have to zip merge when a bus has stopped on the side of the road.

Saying there isn't a rule doesn't mean that you shouldn't follow common courtesy.

I went to Sydney a few weeks ago for work and the traffic was madness. Add to that I had no bloody idea where I was going sometimes. And the hire car had Queensland plates!

But yet whenever I chucked my indicator on the car level with me slowed down and let me in. How often does that happen in Adelaide? They are more likely to speed up from 5 car lengths back.

It depends on the circumstances.

If traffic is banked and there's a car waiting on side road to turn into main road - yes

Basic lane changing - yes

Even roadworks - yes

However, if you're stuck behind a bus and expect to get let in - no

If you're on park terrace stuck in a mass of traffic wanting to turn left onto port road and a random car thinks they can cut the queue by holding up a whole lane of traffic to try and sneak into the left turn lane - EFF OFF, you've got no hope.

It's the person holding up a whole lane of traffic that's the selfish driver. Why should I risk someone slamming up my arse so I can let you in because you don't want to be stuck behind a bus.

**to make it easier - lets just say that any situation that DOES NOT force me to come to a halt and disrupt the natural flow of traffic is where it is SAFE to let someone in. Sometimes it's just not about courtesy.

Footy Chick

Postby FlyingHigh » Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:30 pm

on roadworks, those who speed up to them when it's pretty obvious what's going on as the other lane is banked up and then expect to be let in can go sodomize themselves.
FlyingHigh
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 82 times
Been liked: 178 times

Postby Booney » Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:33 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
bennymacca wrote:

It depends on the circumstances.

If traffic is banked and there's a car waiting on side road to turn into main road - yes

Basic lane changing - yes

Even roadworks - yes

However, if you're stuck behind a bus and expect to get let in - no

If you're on park terrace stuck in a mass of traffic wanting to turn left onto port road and a random car thinks they can cut the queue by holding up a whole lane of traffic to try and sneak into the left turn lane - EFF OFF, you've got no hope.

It's the person holding up a whole lane of traffic that's the selfish driver. Why should I risk someone slamming up my arse so I can let you in because you don't want to be stuck behind a bus.

**to make it easier - lets just say that any situation that DOES NOT force me to come to a halt and disrupt the natural flow of traffic is where it is SAFE to let someone in. Sometimes it's just not about courtesy.

NE Road, Melbourne St, Park Terrace...are you a glutton for punishment or what? :lol:

No wonder you're pissed off when you get behind the wheel.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7628 times
Been liked: 11097 times

Postby bennymacca » Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:43 pm

FlyingHigh wrote:on roadworks, those who speed up to them when it's pretty obvious what's going on as the other lane is banked up and then expect to be let in can go sodomize themselves.

Agree. But if I am in that lane and try to turn earlier and am not let in by footy chick I'll also be very pissed off
bennymacca
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion