14%
Salisbury West
9%
St. Pauls
7%

Total votes : 56

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

Postby adr107 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:47 pm

morell wrote:Tempted to get admin to ban my account for the week.

Angle Vale if you're serious, you'd kick #44 and #56 from your B grade out of your club tommorow. Actually got warned about those exact two from different teams and sources and sadly they lived up to their reputation.

Couple of weeks for Van-headbutt or whatever his name is too I think.

Just another week of the standard stuff by the sounds of it. Nothing we havn't seen before. A poor, yet consistent reflection on that club unfortunately...
adr107
Under 16s

Has liked: 305 times
Been liked: 83 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:45 am

morell wrote:Tempted to get admin to ban my account for the week.

Angle Vale if you're serious, you'd kick #44 and #56 from your B grade out of your club tommorow. Actually got warned about those exact two from different teams and sources and sadly they lived up to their reputation.

Couple of weeks for Van-headbutt or whatever his name is too I think.

Wow, that comes as some surprise.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7929 times

Postby morell » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:09 am

My sarcasm detector is off the boil LM ... ??
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Robb_Stark » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:29 am

if the league was serious they would ask that angle vale provide a umpire that actually knows the rules and wont let fights and dirty play go on and have some sort of control

its just a matter of when angle vale have a massive brawl in the B grade that questions will be asked its coming when houghton played angle vale the old guy who thought he was a street fighter was a complete pecker and his son who was the umpire even bigger pecker
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:31 am

morell wrote:My sarcasm detector is off the boil LM ... ??

Na mate, I've always found the player in question to be a pleasant bloke. As for number 44, I thought he'd be playing higher than div 7R, he was a very talented junior.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby morell » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:47 am

Robb_Stark wrote:if the league was serious they would ask that angle vale provide a umpire that actually knows the rules and wont let fights and dirty play go on and have some sort of control
Just on this I can't really fault their umpire on the day. He sent multiple Angle Vale players off and paid multiple 25m against them. Including their old umpire - with hilarious results. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
morell
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:56 am

morell wrote:
Robb_Stark wrote:if the league was serious they would ask that angle vale provide a umpire that actually knows the rules and wont let fights and dirty play go on and have some sort of control
Just on this I can't really fault their umpire on the day. He sent multiple Angle Vale players off and paid multiple 25m against them. Including their old umpire - with hilarious results. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Different umpires. At least it's only two of the six opposition that have hassles with them.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby adr107 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:12 pm

morell wrote:

I vote for that guy.
adr107
Under 16s

Postby morell » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:14 pm

adr107 wrote:
morell wrote:

I vote for that guy.
Was legit one of the funniest things I've ever seen in football. The karma bus rolled into town and stopped at Fradd Road.

I wish I could say more but I am not sure if I can....

Plus, I still won't get my goals back

#GiveMorgsHisGoalsBack
morell
Coach

Postby Robb_Stark » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:24 pm

one diet coke will be placed behind the bar at houghton for you next time you up there when you go to the bar be sure to say reserved drink for morell
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby morell » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:25 pm

Good man Starky!! :D
morell
Coach

Postby Yank Man » Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:03 pm

Unfortunately their is a big gap between the good and the bad at Owl land. Some really top people and some serious not so good people. The club needs to be strong and bring out the broom because poor behaviour is contagious and getting worse. If that's diplomatic enough. ;)
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:19 pm

Yank Man wrote:Unfortunately their is a big gap between the good and the bad at Owl land. Some really top people and some serious not so good people. The club needs to be strong and bring out the broom because poor behaviour is contagious and getting worse. If that's diplomatic enough. ;)

Do they not give a hoot?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Arch44 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:48 pm

Yank Man wrote:Unfortunately their is a big gap between the good and the bad at Owl land. Some really top people and some serious not so good people. The club needs to be strong and bring out the broom because poor behaviour is contagious and getting worse. If that's diplomatic enough. ;)

WISE words.

Seriously though they have a pretty strong junior base there don't they?
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:12 pm

Arch44 wrote:

WISE words.

Yes, they do.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Yank Man » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:22 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Arch44 wrote:

WISE words.

Yes, they do.

Maybe a great place to start as I understand the gap between juniors and seniors is wide as well. Would be interesting to know how many juniors have progressed to seniors.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:25 pm

Yank Man wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Arch44 wrote:

WISE words.

Yes, they do.

Maybe a great place to start as I understand the gap between juniors and seniors is wide as well. Would be interesting to know how many juniors have progressed to seniors.

They have 16's and most other ages under that.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby adr107 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:20 pm

Yeah that's beautifully said. Overall, I honestly haven't had an experience at a football club as bad as the time we visited a few weeks back. Some of the abuse from crowd and (believe it or not) coaching staff towards players was the worst I've seen and just plain uncalled for, which is a shame because after the game I had a beer with some really good people.

The potential in that place is huge....
adr107
Under 16s

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:49 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
morell wrote:My sarcasm detector is off the boil LM ... ??

Na mate, I've always found the player in question to be a pleasant bloke. As for number 44, I thought he'd be playing higher than div 7R, he was a very talented junior.

Guess he wants to play under his dad.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby BPwizard » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:58 pm

Unfortunately the actions and penalties over undisciplined players in any grades falls with the coach and football director to have a firm stance. Club should have a player conduct code. A few wanna be idiot players tarnish a whole club and make the good people look bad too.
With not a good track record with 4 coaches thru A and B grade over last few years with 2 A grade sacked and B grade coach elevated and B grade coach depart due to other commitments, it shows no stability in the club and this can reflect with recklessness on the field.
Hope the SAAFL makes contact with the Owls to get it sorted as does not make it enjoyable for other teams too play against there B grade. Plus hope the Owls can get some balls and sort there trouble makers out as this could have lasting impact on the club if they let it continue.

I am dissapointed in the club as in my two years only had about two serious issues to deal with. Others wise was a great 2 years of my life got to meet and coach some quality guys and made good friendships out of it, plus made a GF and we got promoted.
BPwizard
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 1 time

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League