R11: Eagles v Centrals - Saturday 27 June @ MTO

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: R11: Eagles v Centrals - Saturday 27 June @ MTO

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:24 am

How does a goal umpire have a dislocated knee?
Unlucky.

A good win for the Eagles. I listened to the Life FM coverage, which was good as usual - although some could learn how to pronounce Giuffreda ;) - and while we got close, it felt like we were never going to get ahead. And the first part of the third put paid to any thoughts about a win from us.
The Eagles seemed to have a lot more class in their finishing. Finishing is a factor which continually influences our results.
However, the Dogs are playing a determined brand of football and I feel, with a bit of self-belief, we're not far from knocking a few more wins together.
The tackle count, again, was exceptional.
Great to hear Wally back and, hopefully, Barms returns soon as having both of those guys rebounding for us will be a massive asset.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby cennals05 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:32 am

Prior ran into the umpire while attempting to get to a ball going through for goal. That is how he was injured.
cennals05
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 146 times
Been liked: 248 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:49 am

Really unfortunate. Can happen.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:07 pm

I heard that there was no reserve goal umpires there at that time, is this right?

So a field umpire, under instruction from an official, completed the game.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7502 times
Been liked: 10795 times

Postby Big Phil » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:49 pm

Booney wrote:I heard that there was no reserve goal umpires there at that time, is this right?

Correct. The SANFL umpiring fratenrity just don't have the numbers to run with emergencies, either...

I was told by an Umpire's Observer yesterday that the official proceedure is as follows:

If a Boundary or Goal Umpire goes down injured and the Reserves umpires have left...

The most senior field umpire takes charge of the situation and allocates the least experienced field umpire to take over in the goals or on the boundary line...

On Saturday, at Woodville, young Giles Lewis took over in the goal square...
Big Phil
Coach

Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 273 times

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:46 pm

Big Phil wrote:
Booney wrote:I heard that there was no reserve goal umpires there at that time, is this right?

Correct. The SANFL umpiring fratenrity just don't have the numbers to run with emergencies, either...

I was told by an Umpire's Observer yesterday that the official proceedure is as follows:

If a Boundary or Goal Umpire goes down injured and the Reserves umpires have left...

The most senior field umpire takes charge of the situation and allocates the least experienced field umpire to take over in the goals or on the boundary line...

On Saturday, at Woodville, young Giles Lewis took over in the goal square...

Best ask then, why would the reserves umpires leave? Surely hanging around to watch "the 1's" would be of an advantage as far as experience and hope of promotion goes?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7502 times
Been liked: 10795 times

Postby saintal » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:33 pm

wild dog wrote:Had to laugh at the retirement squad on the western wing, slightly south of centre, who without doubt are the most outstanding wanker supporters I've had the pleasure to listen to. Without any provocation, the hurling of stupid insults to the one or two Centrals supporters about them who were only cheering on their team was comedy gold, Knocking back the coldies and wearily working their way back and forward to the kiosk with their mean mother scowls, arthritic gait and pot bellies, no idea how utterly decrepit and stupid they looked. "Knock down Holdens and build a nuclear power plant" they repeated in their shrill voices, not understanding the properties of radioactive material. While they looked upon their formidable team, they proved themselves to be a poor bunch of silly old sods.

Have sat near these guys previously. Certainly dribble a lot of *&#$. They love giving it to former Eagle Nathan Daniel :lol:
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 347 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby holden78 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:47 pm

saintal wrote:
wild dog wrote:Had to laugh at the retirement squad on the western wing, slightly south of centre, who without doubt are the most outstanding wanker supporters I've had the pleasure to listen to. Without any provocation, the hurling of stupid insults to the one or two Centrals supporters about them who were only cheering on their team was comedy gold, Knocking back the coldies and wearily working their way back and forward to the kiosk with their mean mother scowls, arthritic gait and pot bellies, no idea how utterly decrepit and stupid they looked. "Knock down Holdens and build a nuclear power plant" they repeated in their shrill voices, not understanding the properties of radioactive material. While they looked upon their formidable team, they proved themselves to be a poor bunch of silly old sods.

Have sat near these guys previously. Certainly dribble a lot of *&#$. They love giving it to former Eagle Nathan Daniel :lol:

We luv taking your stars and giving you our dud coaches and players :lol:

Anyway Dogs just don't quite cut it now the brown paper bags have stopped ..... enjoy
holden78
League - Best 21

Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 55 times

Postby Jim05 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:09 pm

saintal wrote:

Yep was stuck near them earlier this year when they belted us. Was comedy gold, one guy just kept giving it to Jimmy all day and telling us what a rabble our club is.
One in particular got fairly mouthy and things got a bit heated, he threatened to come over and "shut my mouth" for me lol.
Funny thing is I took a couple of steps towards him and he hid like a girl behind his mates. Hope they have the guts to make to the Parade later in the year
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3554 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby arcadefire » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:57 pm

Jim05 wrote:
saintal wrote:

Yep was stuck near them earlier this year when they belted us. Was comedy gold, one guy just kept giving it to Jimmy all day and telling us what a rabble our club is.
One in particular got fairly mouthy and things got a bit heated, he threatened to come over and "shut my mouth" for me lol.
Funny thing is I took a couple of steps towards him and he hid like a girl behind his mates. Hope they have the guts to make to the Parade later in the year

I was at that game...Norwood were a rabble...accurate description...worst team we've played this year
arcadefire
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 34 times

R11: Eagles v Centrals - Saturday 27 June @ MTO

Postby Jim05 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:00 pm

arcadefire wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
saintal wrote:

I was at that game...Norwood were a rabble...accurate description...worst team we've played this year

Yes we were that day but he was talking about the club in whole not just that days performance. Kept on going on about how we dont have clubrooms and how terrible the oval is. Even his so called mates were telling him to shut up
Jim05
Coach

Postby cennals05 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:56 am

Jim05 wrote:
arcadefire wrote:I was at that game...Norwood were a rabble...accurate description...worst team we've played this year

Yes we were that day but he was talking about the club in whole not just that days performance. Kept on going on about how we dont have clubrooms and how terrible the oval is. Even his so called mates were telling him to shut up

Yes a club that wins three premierships in a row is certainly a rabble. You should know that Jim. If only Centrals could get back to being a rabble.
cennals05
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 146 times
Been liked: 248 times

Postby holden78 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:08 am

Jim05 wrote:
saintal wrote:

I'm sure we'll all trot along to Parade on the Parade later this year.... why not , we seem to win more often then not there heh . ;)
holden78
League - Best 21

Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 55 times

Postby Ramrod » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:30 am

Cmon Eagles supporters i think you blokes just need a reality check. Last time i checked we've won the last 3 Flags. Whats your claim to fame? You're top after 10 rounds?
Dont Hate me cause you Aint me.
Ramrod
Rookie

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby Pseudo » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:31 am

Ramrod wrote:Cmon Eagles supporters i think you blokes just need a reality check. Last time i checked we've won the last 3 Flags. Whats your claim to fame? You're top after 10 rounds?

Beating Glenelg? :D
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1562 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Jim05 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:36 am

holden78 wrote:
I'm sure we'll all trot along to Parade on the Parade later this year.... why not , we seem to win more often then not there heh . ;)

All 20 of you? ;)
Jim05
Coach

Postby Ramrod » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:01 am

Pseudo wrote:
Ramrod wrote:Cmon Eagles supporters i think you blokes just need a reality check. Last time i checked we've won the last 3 Flags. Whats your claim to fame? You're top after 10 rounds?

Didnt realise what you do early in the year is so important. Can anyone remember who we beat back in round 10 Last year? Oh thats right people only remember who won the flag.
Dont Hate me cause you Aint me.
Ramrod
Rookie

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby Wedgie » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:52 am

Ramrod wrote:
Pseudo wrote:

Didnt realise what you do early in the year is so important. Can anyone remember who we beat back in round 10 Last year? Oh thats right people only remember who won the flag.

I remember Anzac Day last year.
Don't remember one finals game though.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2054 times
Been liked: 3902 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby wild dog » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:58 am

holden78 wrote:
saintal wrote:

We luv taking your stars and giving you our dud coaches and players :lol:

Anyway Dogs just don't quite cut it now the brown paper bags have stopped ..... enjoy

:lol: :lol: Thank you I am enjoying. This just gets funnier, yes you're the one or part of the gang Holden. The paper bag line. How many times did you use that? Well done.

Just wondering, did you know the 78 Holden, the classic HZ was built where you now want the nuclear plant?

The funniest part though, was when you guys brought up the Gowans for the third time. I did raise to the bait and mentioned that they are probably over at the terraces and take it up with them, and the how many premierships they had won line. The retort had me in tears - "they thpeak like f*ckin faggottts." Im not one to make fun of a speech impediment beyond shrill voices, but come on Nuclear Power Plant 78, if you or one of your pals have a lisp you may want to be careful in taking the p*ss out of how someone talks.
wild dog
Under 18s

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 180 times
Grassroots Team: Smithfield

Postby CENTURION » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:41 pm

"We luv taking your stars and giving you our dud coaches and players"
Can you list these people below please?
Member No. 988 & PROUD to sponsor The CDFC!!
CENTURION
Coach

Has liked: 204 times
Been liked: 112 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL