C1 - season 2015

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: C1 - season 2015

Postby finn » Tue May 19, 2015 11:37 pm

Darth Demon wrote:
finn wrote:
Darth Demon wrote:
marbles wrote:well what a thrilling start to the season, after 5 rounds the top 5 sides are all sitting on 4 wins & 1 loss

http://www.foxsportspulse.com/comp_info.cgi?c=1-114-0-336322-0&pool=1&a=LADDER

an amazing situation and C1 is certainly rolling out to be the most exciting division across the C9AFL so far

*Evidently Adelaide Uni won with a kick on the siren, but sustained a serious injury to the 2014 C1 Medalist #6 Callum Rohde. It may be interesting to hear a report/run down from that game.
*SHOC were a different team back at Home after being smashed by the Blacks last week. This week on their Main Oval the young College Boys dominated Goodwood Saints for 4 quarters, running out deserved 39 point winners. Personally I think SHOC have a real asset with their "Big Man" in the middle.
*ROCS kept in touch with the 5, with a comfortable win over Districts.
*Athelstone continue to win and very comfortably on Saturday, "Raggies" are the Real Deal!
*It would be interesting to hear about the Henley v SPOC match a lot closer than many would have expected.

Not sure what it is about Walkerville but they match up well on this version of the Blacks; the last three games has seen a draw, and under a goal win to either side. They certainly had better cattle than earlier in the season. We probably took it a bit easy and I know we can play better and they've a few forwards that are difficult in any one on one contest. Walkerville at Walkerville will not be easy.
Rohdey got run through as he was beginning to take off for a lead, blindsided is probably the best description. The guy certainly meant to knock him over but I doubt he meant to break his jaw.
I think this week will see all five sides go to 5 and 1 and those upcoming clashes between the top 5 will go all over the place depending on where the games are played as much as anything.
That's on top of our bog in the first two games tearing his hamstring off the bone and a few broken bones. Sometimes footy sucks.

Genuinely sad to hear about Callum Rohde, quality opponent on the field and I understand a very nice guy off the field. Yeah injuries suck!
I hope it doesn't stop him returning to footy and his recovery is straight forward - we want see him out there again soon.

Genuinely top shelf guy. And possibly the state's scariest looking primary school teacher.
always forgive your enemies...nothing annoys them so much
finn
League - Best 21

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 22 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby marbles » Sat May 30, 2015 12:38 pm

http://www.foxsportspulse.com/round_info.cgi?a=MATCH&fixture=124403789&c=1-114-0-336322-0&pool=1

its thrilling vision watching the play by play of the big game up at athelstone, live on the laptop 20kms away

after a goal less first half the sharks have kicked back in the 3rd to kick 5 goals

looking forward to the fourth quarter, we'll need at least 7 goals to win
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby 250+ » Sun May 31, 2015 6:07 pm

marbles wrote:http://www.foxsportspulse.com/round_info.cgi?a=MATCH&fixture=124403789&c=1-114-0-336322-0&pool=1

its thrilling vision watching the play by play of the big game up at athelstone, live on the laptop 20kms away

after a goal less first half the sharks have kicked back in the 3rd to kick 5 goals

Glad you enjoyed the service we offer :)

It was a great game. We jumped out of the box early and worked very hard to hold Henley. Talking to the Henley coach after the game he said he gave them a rip at half time and it worked. They came out with a much fiercer attack on the body and ball. They also made a few positional changes which gave them better drive out of the centre.

In the last we lifted and held them to four and kicked two ourselves.

A good game played in good spirits, and of a very high standard.
250+
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Athelstone

Postby Darth Demon » Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:41 pm

250+ wrote:
marbles wrote:http://www.foxsportspulse.com/round_info.cgi?a=MATCH&fixture=124403789&c=1-114-0-336322-0&pool=1

Glad you enjoyed the service we offer :)

It was a great game. We jumped out of the box early and worked very hard to hold Henley. Talking to the Henley coach after the game he said he gave them a rip at half time and it worked. They came out with a much fiercer attack on the body and ball. They also made a few positional changes which gave them better drive out of the centre.

In the last we lifted and held them to four and kicked two ourselves.

A good game played in good spirits, and of a very high standard.

Had a sneaky peak myself on Saturday while on the Nth Eastern side of town - Where was Skuzza?
Darth Demon
Under 16s

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: United Aboriginal

Postby finn » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:29 am

The Athelstone v Goodwood game should be a belter this weekend with both sides playing similarly with setups and with seasoned performers through the middle. From a selfish point of view, go Raggies.
finn
League - Best 21

Postby marbles » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:00 pm

finn wrote:The Athelstone v Goodwood game should be a belter this weekend with both sides playing similarly with setups and with seasoned performers through the middle. From a selfish point of view, go Raggies.

it will be good at the ground, but it will be a belter on the play by play foxsportspulse.com scoreboard 'live & free'

coming off a loss athelstone will have to beat the saints to stay up the top of the tree, it looks as though they played all the less difficult sides first, maybe not as impressive as the ladder states

sharks & adelaide uni is a big one too, the blacks in div 7 play the crabs so i guess the blacks C1 coach will get all the gun players this week 8)
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby finn » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:09 pm

marbles wrote:
finn wrote:The Athelstone v Goodwood game should be a belter this weekend with both sides playing similarly with setups and with seasoned performers through the middle. From a selfish point of view, go Raggies.

it will be good at the ground, but it will be a belter on the play by play foxsportspulse.com scoreboard 'live & free'

coming off a loss athelstone will have to beat the saints to stay up the top of the tree, it looks as though they played all the less difficult sides first, maybe not as impressive as the ladder states

sharks & adelaide uni is a big one too, the blacks in div 7 play the crabs so i guess the blacks C1 coach will get all the gun players this week 8)

If only it was that easy. I do know there's a few out this week at c1 and div 7 level but it should still be a good game down at Henley.

The c1 side is undergoing a change of coach due to illness and the reins are being taken up by a group of players in the team which shouldn't result in too much disruption.
finn
League - Best 21

Postby blublurag » Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:28 pm

marbles wrote:

Sorry Marbles, this only happens for the C's when they are playing in triple headers with the A's and B's. Unless someone from Goody Saints gives it a crack.
blublurag
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 6 times

Postby marbles » Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:37 pm

blublurag wrote:
marbles wrote:

Sorry Marbles, this only happens for the C's when they are playing in triple headers with the A's and B's. Unless someone from Goody Saints gives it a crack.

nooooooooooo :shock: :-S
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Darth Demon » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:26 pm

Congratulations to Nick O'Connell, who plays his 500th Senior game for The Saints tomorrow. A one club player, with a career spanning over 30 years, a truly magnificent effort - Well done "Muck"
Attachments
11401320_10153453417699850_3374520093050185703_n.jpg
Congratulations to Nick O'Connell, who plays his 500th Senior game for The Saints tomorrow. A one club player, with a career spanning over 30 years, a truly magnificent effort - Well done "Muck"
11401320_10153453417699850_3374520093050185703_n.jpg (28.27 KiB) Viewed 3324 times
Darth Demon
Under 16s

Postby zedman » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:49 pm

fantastic achievement by "muck"..as all of his peers retired he just kept going..500..guy could go to 550 i reckon!

darth: how many flags has he been involved in and how many losing ones..do we have a figure?
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1079 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby Darth Demon » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:58 pm

zedman wrote:fantastic achievement by "muck"..as all of his peers retired he just kept going..500..guy could go to 550 i reckon!

darth: how many flags has he been involved in and how many losing ones..do we have a figure?

From the Messenger Press Article:
MATES and premierships ensure Nick O’Connell keeps coming back to Goodwood Saints Football Club.

O’Connell, 46, will play his 500th senior game for the Saints against Athelstone in the amateur league’s C1 competition this Saturday – 31 years after following mates to the club.

It is the latest milestone in a journey that includes winning nine flags from 16 grand finals, forging lifelong friendships and lining up with the sons of former teammates.

“I played about half a year in under-16s and haven’t left,” O’Connell says.

“It’s like home – I feel very comfortable there.

“Saturday afternoons on the hill, I’ll go for a walk and see guys I played with 10, 15 or 20 years before.

“I’m even playing with some of their kids now.”

There was a time when O’Connell thought he would retire without a senior flag.

After a 1-1 record in junior grand finals, the midfielder lost his first five senior premiership deciders.

He then missed the A grade’s 1997 flag after being dropped from the winning preliminary final side.

“We had some guys coming back … so I knew I was going to have to do something pretty special in the prelim and I didn’t.

“There was a lot of what ifs going through your head.”

Unsurprisingly, O’Connell regards his breakthrough premiership in division one reserves in 1998 as a career highlight.

“That was amazing – and then we won the next four after that as well.”

O’Connell, of South Plympton, has played about 70 A-grade games, 100 in the Cs and the remainder for the Bs.

He reckons this will be his last season, though “I’ve said that 18 times before”, and hopes to win one last flag.

The Saints are third on the ladder with a 6-1 record.

“I’ve had a dodgy back for 20-odd years … but have been very, very lucky with injury.

“I’ve loved it and I’d play forever if I could but the body does let you down.”
Darth Demon
Under 16s

Postby jo172 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:45 pm

500 is astonishing!

Presumably hasn't suffered many injuries?
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1199 times
Been liked: 725 times

Postby Darth Demon » Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:50 pm

Congratulations to Athelstone on yesterday's win over Goodwood Saints at Goodwood Oval. Raggies hung in there all day and made the most of their opportunities in the second half to run out deserved winners by 11 points. Well Done "Raggies" and great sportsmanship acknowledging Nick O'Connell's 500th match, forming a guard of Honour with the Saints after the game. Very close and entertaining match and once again shows the talent going around in C1. 8)
Darth Demon
Under 16s

Postby 250+ » Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:48 pm

Darth Demon wrote:
Had a sneaky peak myself on Saturday while on the Nth Eastern side of town - Where was Skuzza?

Sorry for the late reply a fortnight ago he had a work call up and had to miss

Darth Demon wrote:Congratulations to Athelstone on yesterday's win over Goodwood Saints at Goodwood Oval. Raggies hung in there all day and made the most of their opportunities in the second half to run out deserved winners by 11 points. Well Done "Raggies" and great sportsmanship acknowledging Nick O'Connell's 500th match, forming a guard of Honour with the Saints after the game. Very close and entertaining match and once again shows the talent going around in C1. 8)

I wasn't there myself on Saturday but by all accounts it was a great game. Anyone that plays 500 games deserves that respect and I expect that it was a no-brainer to line up and applaude him. This week we get to pay our respects to Ben Skurrie who plays his 300th for Athelstone. That's in addition to the season or two he played at Lockleys and a couple of seasons back home in Victoria.

By all reports thanks must also go to your trainer who helped look after our three injuries (eye/cheekbone, finger and knee).

What's the go with the SHOC vs Walkerville score. Sporting pulse says SHOC won, but there is no score shown nor is there a team listed for Walkerville.

@Marbles - we have a triple header this weekend so you can "watch" our game live this week :)
250+
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Athelstone

Postby marbles » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:19 pm

am tuned in front row seats locked & loaded

get on board the raggies vs districts PLAY BY PLAY baby mmm yea

coming live to a pc screen near you, starts saturday 10:15 am

dont miss the action here...
http://www.foxsportspulse.com/round_info.cgi?c=1-114-0-336322-0&pool=1&fixture=124403808&a=PLAYBYPLAY
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Fricky » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:45 pm

250+ wrote:
Darth Demon wrote:

Sorry for the late reply a fortnight ago he had a work call up and had to miss

Darth Demon wrote:Congratulations to Athelstone on yesterday's win over Goodwood Saints at Goodwood Oval. Raggies hung in there all day and made the most of their opportunities in the second half to run out deserved winners by 11 points. Well Done "Raggies" and great sportsmanship acknowledging Nick O'Connell's 500th match, forming a guard of Honour with the Saints after the game. Very close and entertaining match and once again shows the talent going around in C1. 8)

I wasn't there myself on Saturday but by all accounts it was a great game. Anyone that plays 500 games deserves that respect and I expect that it was a no-brainer to line up and applaude him. This week we get to pay our respects to Ben Skurrie who plays his 300th for Athelstone. That's in addition to the season or two he played at Lockleys and a couple of seasons back home in Victoria.

By all reports thanks must also go to your trainer who helped look after our three injuries (eye/cheekbone, finger and knee).

What's the go with the SHOC vs Walkerville score. Sporting pulse says SHOC won, but there is no score shown nor is there a team listed for Walkerville.

@Marbles - we have a triple header this weekend so you can "watch" our game live this week :)

We forfeited, too many spots left by injured and u/a players to fill. I would think that we will have a team on the park for the early game against Henley this Saturday.
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby Fricky » Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:46 pm

Henley were too good today. Our boys busted their arses for almost 4 quarters but just could match it for the full game. Hardy and the other forward are dead eye d!cks and just didnt miss. Good luck to the Sharks for the rest of the season, no doubt they will go deep in the finals
Fricky
League - Best 21

Postby finn » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:01 am

Suri wrote:Henley were too good today. Our boys busted their arses for almost 4 quarters but just could match it for the full game. Hardy and the other forward are dead eye d!cks and just didnt miss. Good luck to the Sharks for the rest of the season, no doubt they will go deep in the finals

Was their full forward whining all game again?
We played them the week before and ( yes, they won and generally outplayed us) it got to the stage where one of Henley's supporters got out of her car and told him that he was embarrassing their club for his carrying on. He then didn't stop and went off at her.
finn
League - Best 21

Postby Fricky » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:03 am

finn wrote:
Suri wrote:Henley were too good today. Our boys busted their arses for almost 4 quarters but just could match it for the full game. Hardy and the other forward are dead eye d!cks and just didnt miss. Good luck to the Sharks for the rest of the season, no doubt they will go deep in the finals

Was their full forward whining all game again?
We played them the week before and ( yes, they won and generally outplayed us) it got to the stage where one of Henley's supporters got out of her car and told him that he was embarrassing their club for his carrying on. He then didn't stop and went off at her.

He did complain about pretty much every umpiring decision that didn't go Henley's way.
Fricky
League - Best 21

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League