Port Adelaide 2015

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2015

Postby marbles » Mon May 25, 2015 12:33 pm

"ive got great belief in this group, and i wont lose that, i will never lose that"

#kenhinkley
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby stan » Mon May 25, 2015 12:40 pm

marbles wrote:"ive got great belief in this group, and i wont lose that, i will never lose that"

#kenhinkley

Solid trolling this morning mate. BOG I'd say [emoji6]
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1255 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Jim05 » Mon May 25, 2015 12:41 pm

Wedgie wrote:It was an excuse at Footy Pk, not at Adelaide Oval?
I can stay till 5 mins after games and still get to Happy Valley quicker than I do during weeknights, there's stuff all traffic if you park in town, the drive home is quite pleasant!

Each to their own, I spend thousands a year on memberships etc if I choose to leave early thats my choice. I drove over to ANZAC day a few years ago and got there about an hour before the game, we were getting slaughtered so jumped in the car and drove straight home at half time, was in Melbourne for a whole 2 hours or something.
Im pretty much unbearable when we lose so its probably better to leave earlier than do something stupid and get thrown out lol
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3556 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 25, 2015 12:51 pm

bd u15 09 wrote:Think it's pretty piss poor people leaving early regardless of the result.

95% of the crowd lives probably within 30 minutes of the ground.
I bloody live 3 hours from the ground and still stayed until the end before driving home.
I suppose they are the guys that didnt go and watch five years ago when we were at rock bottom.
Will be interesting to see if they turn up to the WB game in 2 weeks especially if we lose this week.

I pay to go see a game, once the result is determined I'm quite happy to be on my way, if you park within 200 metres of the ground and you travel north, you can get out straight away and I'll be home within half an hour, if I wait until the finish, I'm looking at an hour to 75 minutes to get home, it is based on fact and previous experiences.
It's easier to keep an eye on my kids with less people heading out of the gates at the same time and I have a severe lack of patience, I'd take a journey 10km's more if it meant less traffic lights.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7942 times

Postby am Bays » Mon May 25, 2015 1:00 pm

bd u15 09 wrote:I suppose they are the guys that didnt go and watch five years ago when we were at rock bottom.
Will be interesting to see if they turn up to the WB game in 2 weeks especially if we lose this week.

i know one Port supporter who went all the way to Bloody Thailand to get away from last nights debarcle....
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 1830 times

Postby valleys07 » Mon May 25, 2015 1:01 pm

If people do that regardless of the result- by all means. I can't speak for individual people who have their post-game rituals regardless of the result.

However- what I can speak for is seeing first hand how the stadium is packed to the hilt when we have won, and there is no race to the train station or car. You have to push people out of the place.

Seeing yesterday absolutely stinks of hypocrisy, confirming what the rest of the comp already knows. We are as big a bandwagon supporter base as there is in world sport.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 768 times
Been liked: 1171 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby valleys07 » Mon May 25, 2015 1:01 pm

am Bays wrote:
bd u15 09 wrote:I suppose they are the guys that didnt go and watch five years ago when we were at rock bottom.

i know one Port supporter who went all the way to Bloody Thailand to get away from last nights debarcle....

:lol:
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 768 times
Been liked: 1171 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon May 25, 2015 1:04 pm

and last weeks debacle as well, he has clearly jumped ship and is the No 1 ticket-holder of the Jakarta Bintangs
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11912 times
Been liked: 3627 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 25, 2015 1:05 pm

valleys07 wrote:
No disrespect LM, but I cannot stand this argument.

Nobody gives a shit about traffic when their team is winning. Regardless of whether you live in Kent Town, or bloody Murray Bridge- Kane deserved better than for 15,000 fans to sprawl out of the stadium 15 minutes early. Those same fans would have been potting Crows fans last year when we were kicking back, feet up in the comfort of the Top 4.

Pathetic.

How is disrespectful to Kane? He's done the same thing to his fans to some degree, the game is bigger than the individual.

I've never been a fan of the old "it's my last game in 3 weeks" thing, I have more respect for those who walk off the field on a random night and say "Thanks guys, that's it for me".
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 25, 2015 1:08 pm

valleys07 wrote:If people do that regardless of the result- by all means. I can't speak for individual people who have their post-game rituals regardless of the result.

However- what I can speak for is seeing first hand how the stadium is packed to the hilt when we have won, and there is no race to the train station or car. You have to push people out of the place.

Seeing yesterday absolutely stinks of hypocrisy, confirming what the rest of the comp already knows. We are as big a bandwagon supporter base as there is in world sport.

Good footy attracts crowds mate, the sh!te that Port are dishing up atm is less than appealing to watch.

Everyone is different, don't let the actions of others influence your own perception.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby marbles » Mon May 25, 2015 1:22 pm

stan wrote:
marbles wrote:"ive got great belief in this group, and i wont lose that, i will never lose that"

#kenhinkley

your not even a port supporter. PO

getting thorough quality from you all morning, wow what a contribution to safooty u make
Last edited by marbles on Mon May 25, 2015 1:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby TEX07 » Mon May 25, 2015 1:24 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
valleys07 wrote:
No disrespect LM, but I cannot stand this argument.

Nobody gives a shit about traffic when their team is winning. Regardless of whether you live in Kent Town, or bloody Murray Bridge- Kane deserved better than for 15,000 fans to sprawl out of the stadium 15 minutes early. Those same fans would have been potting Crows fans last year when we were kicking back, feet up in the comfort of the Top 4.

Pathetic.

How is disrespectful to Kane? He's done the same thing to his fans to some degree, the game is bigger than the individual.

I've never been a fan of the old "it's my last game in 3 weeks" thing, I have more respect for those who walk off the field on a random night and say "Thanks guys, that's it for me".

He is the clubs first 300 game player and a fitting one IMO - the next current player in the list is Westhoff at 167 then Boak at 163 - (I am talking about one club players) - I think that he was owed a bit more respect than that - pretty sure he has given a fair bit to his club over the years, have to add that he is one of the most bagged players from power supporters I know - maybe its his surname? I have always liked how he went about stopping players, he shut them down and then got his own ball - kind of like what Vince is doing ATM at Melbourne. An extra 30 minutes in the car is a no brainer for 15 years of service to your club, regardless of how he is ending it - lets face it its not often a player gets to end it on his terms rather than the clubs.
hola acabo de hacer que el yo se resuelve lo que este los medios en español
TEX07
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 140 times
Been liked: 49 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 25, 2015 1:34 pm

TEX07 wrote:
He is the clubs first 300 game player and a fitting one IMO - the next current player in the list is Westhoff at 167 then Boak at 163 - (I am talking about one club players) - I think that he was owed a bit more respect than that - pretty sure he has given a fair bit to his club over the years, have to add that he is one of the most bagged players from power supporters I know - maybe its his surname? I have always liked how he went about stopping players, he shut them down and then got his own ball - kind of like what Vince is doing ATM at Melbourne. An extra 30 minutes in the car is a no brainer for 15 years of service to your club, regardless of how he is ending it - lets face it its not often a player gets to end it on his terms rather than the clubs.

Each to their own, I know many Port supporters who have wanted to see the back of him for years due to his poor disposal at times or lack of hard ball gets. I think he's been an honest contributor with excellent shut-down capabilities, I thought Sportsbet were rather kind yesterday offering $1.87 for him to get more than 19.5 disposals as I thought it would of been a given that he wasn't going to tag on his farewell game, perhaps he should've though.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 25, 2015 1:35 pm

marbles wrote:
stan wrote:

#kenhinkley

getting thorough quality from you all morning, wow what a contribution to safooty u make

Neither are you??
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby TEX07 » Mon May 25, 2015 1:42 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
TEX07 wrote:

Each to their own, I know many Port supporters who have wanted to see the back of him for years due to his poor disposal at times or lack of hard ball gets. I think he's been an honest contributor with excellent shut-down capabilities, I thought Sportsbet were rather kind yesterday offering $1.87 for him to get more than 19.5 disposals as I thought it would of been a given that he wasn't going to tag on his farewell game, perhaps he should've though.

He wen to Cotchin didnt he? thats why I didnt mind him, he shut down a player and got 28 touches himself, hate the taggers that stop a player but only get a handful themselves, they are the ones with their back to the play at ball ups.
hola acabo de hacer que el yo se resuelve lo que este los medios en español
TEX07
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 140 times
Been liked: 49 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 25, 2015 1:53 pm

TEX07 wrote:
He wen to Cotchin didnt he? thats why I didnt mind him, he shut down a player and got 28 touches himself, hate the taggers that stop a player but only get a handful themselves, they are the ones with their back to the play at ball ups.

He may have, it looked like he had a free reign from the wing from the beginning.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby marbles » Mon May 25, 2015 2:02 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
marbles wrote:
stan wrote:

#kenhinkley

Neither are you??

look again sweet heart

he's the butthead who logged in just to verbally assault a poster who merely shared "the confidence from the port coach", and he claims im the one trolling?

anyways port are even more stuffed without Kane cornes, because whos there next best tagger?

shuts down cotchin to how many touches? and get over 25 touches himself

attacking kane cornes cos he is an easy target, makes you a bully. who else in "Australia" could successfully tag one of the best midfielders in the comp and lead the possessions tally at the same time
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby MW » Mon May 25, 2015 2:08 pm

MW
Coach

Has liked: 2633 times
Been liked: 1862 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 25, 2015 2:26 pm

marbles wrote:
look again sweet heart

he's the butthead who logged in just to verbally assault a poster who merely shared "the confidence from the port coach", and he claims im the one trolling?

anyways port are even more stuffed without Kane cornes, because whos there next best tagger?

shuts down cotchin to how many touches? and get over 25 touches himself

attacking kane cornes cos he is an easy target, makes you a bully. who else in "Australia" could successfully tag one of the best midfielders in the comp and lead the possessions tally at the same time

Where did I attack Kane??
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby stan » Mon May 25, 2015 3:16 pm

marbles wrote:
stan wrote:

#kenhinkley

Last edited by stan on Mon May 25, 2015 3:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1255 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL