Southern Football League

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Southern Football League

Postby Front & Centre » Tue May 05, 2015 9:40 am

Old Man Emu to compare Keam to Coleman is seriously underrating BC. He was approached regarding the Valleys job and you are correct he wanted to finish the job he started at the Emu's.
There have been several offers of help by numerous club members however that does require those requiring it to acknowledge help is needed.
Front & Centre
Rookie

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 12 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby oneuponedown » Tue May 05, 2015 11:25 am

ol man emu wrote:
Reader wrote:Interesting coaching appointment from the outside. Any reason why HV didn't go after Ben Coleman? HV past player, has been back in the SFL for a few years and seems to be doing a good job with the young Emu squad.

B.C. didn't want the job at Valley. Unfinished business at Morphett Vale. I think he only has 1 or 2 years left in the S.F.L.
before he follows his son to South.
Pottsy didn't want the job.

Happy Valley have to suck it in a bit. Do the hard yards with the kids for a while.
Morphett Vale had to do that in Coleman's first year missed the finals in the first year played in the prelim. next 2 years with the same kids.
Now those kids are 3 years older with another 60 games under there belt and don't get pushed around like they did 3 years ago.

old man Emu- You forgot 1 other coach who was in the last 3 at HVFC and is now a Flagstaff hill Asst coach :shock:
If he had been given the opportunity you can bet we wouldn't be 0-4.
oneuponedown
Rookie

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Meningie

Postby beer tent » Tue May 05, 2015 11:49 am

words of wisdom wrote:
Oldman Munga wrote:
Look Good In Leather wrote:
Oldman Munga wrote:Heard talk of this last night , I'm speechless ,dumbfounded and disappointed , personally I would rather win the spoon than resort to this

Understand the sentiment, but without bending the rules I am not sure how you are going to keep recruiting Tiwi Island boys, unless they are coming to play B-Grade.

Nothing to do with Tiwi lads we only have Moreen (1pt) , think it's more about the imbalance should Johncock (2) and Betts (3) both be called up to Crows SANFL duties ,having 3 of our players on the Crows top up list creates all sorts of scenarios week to week ,
Regardless Of the reasoning I'm against this course of action
Seriously just f**k the whole points system off , it's a load of crap , the game survived 125 yrs without it , clubs can't attract quality players to the comp because of it ,sponsors and members deserve better for their money ,
Wouldn't it be nice if the Redcoats had the lollies to tell the CFL to shove the points and let the clubs get on with it
:butthead:
Oh well it is what it is and we have to get on with it ](*,) ](*,) :weedman:

The point system can work if it's followed. Look at the results in the GSFL. No club has ever been awarded extra points since it's inception.

While we are talking about your club bending the rules what's the go with S Hamilton not allowed to play against Noarlunga as part of his transfer to reynella :shock: SURELY NOT.
Round 3 -A grade no.6 S Hamilton
Round 4- vs Noarlunga he played C GRADE for reynella
Round 5-A Grade no.6 S Hamilton
OMM/SHOE BOY this must be just a coincidence, he must have been working on the Saturday!!
Heard this rumor at the crown pub, is this true ,is it allowed in the SFL better get them there lollies red coats in motion and look into this !!!!!
beer tent

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby afc9798 » Tue May 05, 2015 12:01 pm

ol man emu wrote:
Mister Footy wrote:Are you for real Jet Airport? This is worse than I thought. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Maybe those board members should get their head out their a** and look at what is actually happening. Have heard they are "not wanting players to run the club" but time to admit you stuffed up and fix the situation before you lose more players, supporters and sponsors

Can cope with losing games but can't cope with people who are happy to be there for the glory but when the tough calls need to be made they are only there for the free p*ss. If you cant do your job then get out and let someone else who has some b*lls do it instead. :evil:

May be you should help them instead of bagging them.
If I remember correctly there was a few Happy Valley people suggesting that Morphett Vale didn't give B.C. the support that he
deserved in his first year. [not sure if you were one of them] Now it's time for you to stand by your club your coach and back the young
players.

Could not agree more. Cannot add anything further to this comment.
afc9798
Reserves

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 47 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Tue May 05, 2015 12:02 pm

beer tent wrote:
words of wisdom wrote:
Oldman Munga wrote:
Look Good In Leather wrote:[quote="Oldman Munga"]Heard talk of this last night , I'm speechless ,dumbfounded and disappointed , personally I would rather win the spoon than resort to this

Understand the sentiment, but without bending the rules I am not sure how you are going to keep recruiting Tiwi Island boys, unless they are coming to play B-Grade.

Nothing to do with Tiwi lads we only have Moreen (1pt) , think it's more about the imbalance should Johncock (2) and Betts (3) both be called up to Crows SANFL duties ,having 3 of our players on the Crows top up list creates all sorts of scenarios week to week ,
Seriously just f**k the whole points system off , it's a load of crap , the game survived 125 yrs without it , clubs can't attract quality players to the comp because of it ,sponsors and members deserve better for their money ,
Wouldn't it be nice if the Redcoats had the lollies to tell the CFL to shove the points and let the clubs get on with it
Oh well it is what it is and we have to get on with it ](*,) ](*,) :weedman:

The point system can work if it's followed. Look at the results in the GSFL. No club has ever been awarded extra points since it's inception.

While we are talking about your club bending the rules what's the go with S Hamilton not allowed to play against Noarlunga as part of his transfer to reynella :shock: SURELY NOT.
OMM/SHOE BOY this must be just a coincidence, he must have been working on the Saturday!!
Heard this rumor at the crown pub, is this true ,is it allowed in the SFL better get them there lollies red coats in motion and look into this !!!!![/quote]
Perhaps he was scared?
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby MrTeach » Tue May 05, 2015 12:16 pm

Understand the sentiment, but without bending the rules I am not sure how you are going to keep recruiting Tiwi Island boys, unless they are coming to play B-Grade.[/quote]
Oh well it is what it is and we have to get on with it ](*,) ](*,) :weedman:[/quote]

The point system can work if it's followed. Look at the results in the GSFL. No club has ever been awarded extra points since it's inception.[/quote]

Heard this rumor at the crown pub, is this true ,is it allowed in the SFL better get them there lollies red coats in motion and look into this !!!!![/quote]
Perhaps he was scared?[/quote]

I can assure you it was not work or being scared. In order for Noarlunga to clear him they proposed to Reynella that he not play against Noarlunga in any grade in minor round matches for 3 years. s the kid had already sat out of 5 or 6 rounds he and Reynella agreed. The Red Coats know about it
MrTeach
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby reppoh_eht » Tue May 05, 2015 12:17 pm

beer tent wrote:While we are talking about your club bending the rules what's the go with S Hamilton not allowed to play against Noarlunga as part of his transfer to reynella :shock: SURELY NOT.
Heard this rumor at the crown pub, is this true ,is it allowed in the SFL better get them there lollies red coats in motion and look into this !!!!!

Didn't think players were allowed to drop from A Grade to C Grade in the following week?
reppoh_eht
Under 16s

Has liked: 131 times
Been liked: 54 times

Postby mrp2626 » Tue May 05, 2015 12:29 pm

They can't in finals! Correct me if im wrong though. They also cannot drop from A to C grade in the same weekend (ie play two games).
mrp2626
Mini-League

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby Look Good In Leather » Tue May 05, 2015 1:07 pm

MrTeach wrote:I can assure you it was not work or being scared. In order for Noarlunga to clear him they proposed to Reynella that he not play against Noarlunga in any grade in minor round matches for 3 years. s the kid had already sat out of 5 or 6 rounds he and Reynella agreed. The Red Coats know about it

Wow :shock:
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Postby FOURTH ESTATE » Tue May 05, 2015 1:19 pm

vics01 wrote:Understand the Life membership issue had been referred to the SACFL/SANFL for an investigation hearing.. Wonder what will come of that? give in open policy for all.. Rule against will NFC take the next step and head to the courts??

Further hear a rumour NFC are also attempting to get a discount on points for any of the boys from Tiwi and other places North as they are calling it program.. They only need to walk out the back door of the club and cross South Road to find young blokes who could part of a similar program.. Must give the brains behind the scheme/s a big A for all the effort they are going to.

This is the ruling that the SAAFL Rules & Regs committee put in place so no club flaunts the rule some tried but did not get away with it

13.6 For the purpose of the SACFL’s Appendix 4 Clause 1.5 ruling regarding the child of a Club Life Member, The League’s interpretation of a Life Member of a Member Club is a person who played a minimum of one hundred and fifty (150) senior matches for the same Member Club or has given ten (10) years unpaid off field service to the same Member Club,
(a) The League in its absolute discretion may instigate any investigation it considers appropriate and proper to determine the Life Membership qualifications of any Member Club person.
2017, 2019 & 2020 PREMIERS
RICHMOND, RICHMOND, RICHMOND.

Let that be a lesson to you Sturt. You don't beat Glenelg 3 times in a row in Grand Finals and get away with it.
FOURTH ESTATE
Veteran

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 128 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby Look Good In Leather » Tue May 05, 2015 2:11 pm

FOURTH ESTATE wrote:
vics01 wrote:Understand the Life membership issue had been referred to the SACFL/SANFL for an investigation hearing.. Wonder what will come of that? give in open policy for all.. Rule against will NFC take the next step and head to the courts??

Further hear a rumour NFC are also attempting to get a discount on points for any of the boys from Tiwi and other places North as they are calling it program.. They only need to walk out the back door of the club and cross South Road to find young blokes who could part of a similar program.. Must give the brains behind the scheme/s a big A for all the effort they are going to.

This is the ruling that the SAAFL Rules & Regs committee put in place so no club flaunts the rule some tried but did not get away with it

13.6 For the purpose of the SACFL’s Appendix 4 Clause 1.5 ruling regarding the child of a Club Life Member, The League’s interpretation of a Life Member of a Member Club is a person who played a minimum of one hundred and fifty (150) senior matches for the same Member Club or has given ten (10) years unpaid off field service to the same Member Club,
(a) The League in its absolute discretion may instigate any investigation it considers appropriate and proper to determine the Life Membership qualifications of any Member Club person.

Once again the SACFL found to be lacking, looks like the SAAFL are the only ones smart enough to pick up on it.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Postby beer tent » Tue May 05, 2015 2:53 pm

MrTeach wrote:I can assure you it was not work or being scared. In order for Noarlunga to clear him they proposed to Reynella that he not play against Noarlunga in any grade in minor round matches for 3 years. s the kid had already sat out of 5 or 6 rounds he and Reynella agreed. The Red Coats know about it

W T F !!! this is a disgrace a lad playing suburban football (no sheep stations here OMM/SB ) is bullied into an agreement blackmailed so to speak. All I can say is why would anyone want to send their kids there to play when you are treated like that when you want to leave! :evil:
Never heard of this sort of sh1t before........... just saying!!!!!!!
beer tent

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby vics01 » Tue May 05, 2015 3:21 pm

Agreement regards Hamilton.

Not worth a pinch of the proverbial. NFC cannot stop him playing against them (of course if true)
vics01
Reserves

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby Dutchy » Tue May 05, 2015 4:30 pm

Borders on match tampering/fixing I would have thought
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2329 times
Been liked: 3531 times

Postby twobob » Tue May 05, 2015 4:37 pm

oneuponedown wrote:
ol man emu wrote:
Reader wrote:Interesting coaching appointment from the outside. Any reason why HV didn't go after Ben Coleman? HV past player, has been back in the SFL for a few years and seems to be doing a good job with the young Emu squad.

B.C. didn't want the job at Valley. Unfinished business at Morphett Vale. I think he only has 1 or 2 years left in the S.F.L.
before he follows his son to South.
Pottsy didn't want the job.

Happy Valley have to suck it in a bit. Do the hard yards with the kids for a while.
Morphett Vale had to do that in Coleman's first year missed the finals in the first year played in the prelim. next 2 years with the same kids.
Now those kids are 3 years older with another 60 games under there belt and don't get pushed around like they did 3 years ago.

old man Emu- You forgot 1 other coach who was in the last 3 at HVFC and is now a Flagstaff hill Asst coach :shock:
If he had been given the opportunity you can bet we wouldn't be 0-4.

What about Ben Porter? He is now at Woodville South, didn't he coach in the SFL previously and i believe he is known to be a pretty good coach. I just think a club with Happy Valleys reputation of being one of the bigger clubs around that to appoint who they did looks from the outside that the board has been lazy in their search for a suitable replacement for Matthew Dent. I hear that Colonel Light Gardens are pretty happy that he is now at their club.
twobob
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Wudinna United

Postby Mister Footy » Tue May 05, 2015 5:15 pm

afc9798 wrote:
ol man emu wrote:
Mister Footy wrote:Are you for real Jet Airport? This is worse than I thought.

Maybe those board members should get their head out their a** and look at what is actually happening. Have heard they are "not wanting players to run the club" but time to admit you stuffed up and fix the situation before you lose more players, supporters and sponsors

Can cope with losing games but can't cope with people who are happy to be there for the glory but when the tough calls need to be made they are only there for the free p*ss. If you cant do your job then get out and let someone else who has some b*lls do it instead. :evil:

If I remember correctly there was a few Happy Valley people suggesting that Morphett Vale didn't give B.C. the support that he
deserved in his first year. [not sure if you were one of them] Now it's time for you to stand by your club your coach and back the young
players.

You wouldn't have been one of those at the half time drinks club would you AFC? :partyman: :drinkers:
Mister Footy
Under 18s

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 28 times

Postby afc9798 » Tue May 05, 2015 5:50 pm

Mister Footy wrote:
afc9798 wrote:
ol man emu wrote:
Mister Footy wrote:Are you for real Jet Airport? This is worse than I thought.

players.

You wouldn't have been one of those at the half time drinks club would you AFC? :partyman: :drinkers:

Yes clearly it was me because I don't agree with your opinion. :roll:
afc9798
Reserves

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 47 times

Postby mrp2626 » Tue May 05, 2015 6:19 pm

Im obviously not involved with HV, as I am a BDOSFC person, but I think people are very quick to have a crack at the new coach.
Surely there is more involved in the success of a club than just a coach. It is the football operations dept. the playing list, the club culture, the $ being spent.
There is a saying I would possibly use to help defend the new coach "It doesn't matter how much you polish a turd, it is never going to turn into a diamond".

I think a new coach walking into a depleted side should be given at least a year or 2 before the wolves are set on him. Or at least given the chance to show progress. but that just IMO
mrp2626
Mini-League

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby Look Good In Leather » Tue May 05, 2015 6:36 pm

mrp2626 wrote:Im obviously not involved with HV, as I am a BDOSFC person, but I think people are very quick to have a crack at the new coach.
Surely there is more involved in the success of a club than just a coach. It is the football operations dept. the playing list, the club culture, the $ being spent.
There is a saying I would possibly use to help defend the new coach "It doesn't matter how much you polish a turd, it is never going to turn into a diamond".

I think a new coach walking into a depleted side should be given at least a year or 2 before the wolves are set on him. Or at least given the chance to show progress. but that just IMO

Taking over a team that has lost a grand total of 6 games over the past 3 seasons was always going to be hiding to nothing.
Very hard to match the predecessor's record and any slip and suddenly you are the fault.

Add to that a number of people used to having the going easy now jumping off because it's a little bit harder just increases the pressure.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Postby Oldman Munga » Tue May 05, 2015 9:36 pm

beer tent wrote:
MrTeach wrote:I can assure you it was not work or being scared. In order for Noarlunga to clear him they proposed to Reynella that he not play against Noarlunga in any grade in minor round matches for 3 years. s the kid had already sat out of 5 or 6 roundsit
he and Reynella agreed. The Red Coats know about it

W T F !!! this is a disgrace a lad playing suburban football (no sheep stations here OMM/SB ) is bullied into an agreement blackmailed so to speak. All I can say is why would anyone want to send their kids there to play when you are treated like that when you want to leave! :evil:
Never heard of this sort of sh1t before........... just saying!!!!!!!

The alternative was for Hamilton to sit out altogether for 3 yrs under the JNR 3 Yr Ruling (look it up Beer Tent) had Noarlunga chose to enforce it ,
This way he gets to play just not against Noarlunga in Minor Round Games
This went to an appeals tribunual and despite Reynellas President making an undertaking to accept the tribunuals ruling and still carrying on like a PORK Chop, it was later agreed to by all 4 parties SFL, RFC, NFC and Hamilton
Lad could have been a premiership player in 2014 , But he isn't is he ?
Oldman Munga
Rookie

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL