Crows 2015

Talk on the national game

Re: Crows 2015

Postby bennymacca » Fri May 01, 2015 4:26 pm

I like that matchup for walker. Reckon we can stretch port down forward if we get it in quick.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Booney » Fri May 01, 2015 4:32 pm

bennymacca wrote:Good discussion lads.

I am pretty worried about this. Kelly will have to stand one of westhoff or Ryder and Cheney the other.

You can bet if the weather is fine all three of them (with Schulz) play deep forward at least some of the time.

As valleys correctly points out, if we get our press right it then forces the hoff up the ground to go back and help out, and to be that link man. In those roles I think Cheney and kelly can go with him, but if the ball comes in quickly and they get into a one out situation we are in trouble

That's why I'm surprised Hartigan was left out.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10781 times

Postby bennymacca » Fri May 01, 2015 4:33 pm

Cheney giving up 6 inches will be better tha hartigan was last week...
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Special One » Sun May 03, 2015 7:44 pm

Is it time Adelaide unleashed Lever? Been their best in the reserves the last few weeks!
Special One
Rookie

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Burr

Postby Brodlach » Sun May 03, 2015 7:53 pm

Thought Kelly was alright tonight
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby bennymacca » Sun May 03, 2015 8:14 pm

agree.

even though schulz kicked a few cheaney was ok too. Was more the delivery by port i thought. High and out in front to let him run and jump at it.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Footy Smart » Mon May 04, 2015 9:41 am

I thought we did a lot right last night, still a lot wrong though and the game really showed where the 2 sides are at. One a top 4 side and one capable of playing brilliant and terrible in the same game.

Ellis-Yeolman and Kelly were the positives for me. Both rough round the edges but love the contest.

We need to expose Lever in the next few weeks. We need him not only for his height but he kicks the ball well.

Lynch and Jenkins need some pressure on their spots. While Lynch did a few good things, he kicks the ball terribly and is our weakest link in the FWD half defensively. Sides simply run the ball through his area similar to what sides did to Chris Knights when he played for us. Hopefully Lowden can string some games together and offer us more than JJ is atm.

Id bring Kerridge in for Lynch as he can hit the scoreboard and run through the midfield.

Hopefully Sloane’s calf isnt to bad
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby Brodlach » Mon May 04, 2015 9:43 am

Thats tough on Lynch FS, he has played pretty well this season.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Footy Smart » Mon May 04, 2015 10:11 am

Brodlach wrote:Thats tough on Lynch FS, he has played pretty well this season.

Its tough, as does a couple of good things a game. But his output and impact is minimal for the full game IMO. I think we need more from that position, i think Kerridge could play it and offer more to the side as a whole.
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon May 04, 2015 10:13 am

How dangerfield could get over a million next year has me baffled... Was pretty average last night and continues to burn the ball....
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3026 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby cennals05 » Mon May 04, 2015 10:29 am

woodublieve12 wrote:How dangerfield could get over a million next year has me baffled... Was pretty average last night and continues to burn the ball....

And lost a few people money yesterday too. Was telling people during the week to put money on him for the Showdown medal.
cennals05
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 146 times
Been liked: 248 times

Postby marbles » Mon May 04, 2015 10:38 am

bennymacca wrote:Cheney giving up 6 inches will be better tha hartigan was last week...

and his first game back, cant expect his greatest form. But he'd more more effective as the 3rd tall, not the 2 tall

Footy Smart wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Thats tough on Lynch FS, he has played pretty well this season.

Its tough, as does a couple of good things a game. But his output and impact is minimal for the full game IMO. I think we need more from that position, i think Kerridge could play it and offer more to the side as a whole.

think lynch has a lot of talent, but seems careless with the footy, a lot of his clangers go un-noticed. is error prone
Special One wrote:Is it time Adelaide unleashed Lever? Been their best in the reserves the last few weeks!

yes! its exciting to unleash a talented key defender who has the goods, but still a kid and rushing him in, may not be good for the long term, save him for another year when he is 5kg heavier

seems like sam siggins isnt meeting expectations?
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby TEX07 » Mon May 04, 2015 10:39 am

woodublieve12 wrote:How dangerfield could get over a million next year has me baffled... Was pretty average last night and continues to burn the ball....

He wasnt the lone ranger there though - at least a lot of his kicks are usually ones done under pressure - we have guys miss targets while in space and zero pressure - I do agree though - his kicking lets him down a lot in most games.
hola acabo de hacer que el yo se resuelve lo que este los medios en español
TEX07
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 140 times
Been liked: 49 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby bennymacca » Mon May 04, 2015 10:40 am

Tom Lynch was far from our worst yesterday. Needs to impact the scoreboard more though, he should be kicking 30 goals a season and doesnt look like that this year.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby marbles » Mon May 04, 2015 10:42 am

i thought last night was merely a early season examination for the crows, nothing to cry over

simply a chance to test their new game structures against a side whos been in top 4 for 2-3 years now

and the crows had the power in the palm of their hands second quarter

youre only 5 games into the phil walsh era, yesterday was a good insight to see where the crows need to improve
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby TEX07 » Mon May 04, 2015 10:43 am

Jenkins has been frustrating this season - he is beaten easily in contests and players get around him with ease because he isnt that agile. I liked when he took the mark outside 50 and went back and nailed the goal, he had purpose and delivered. We kicked horribly into the forward 50 but on TV it seemed like we had no space in there and Port were better at reading the ball when it came in. When Port went inside they looked to have so much more space but that could have been the delivery too.
hola acabo de hacer que el yo se resuelve lo que este los medios en español
TEX07
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 140 times
Been liked: 49 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby marbles » Mon May 04, 2015 10:50 am

bennymacca wrote:Tom Lynch was far from our worst yesterday. Needs to impact the scoreboard more though, he should be kicking 30 goals a season and doesnt look like that this year.

he got a lot of footy though

i barely saw jenkins get 2 kicks, sloane barely appeared, smith and douglas were pretty quiet

at least dangerfield got 36 touches

port seemed to have about 8 players across half back at all times,

jaench, luke brown and laird all seem to be twins who do exactly the same thing for the team, they play the same role, only 1 of them is needed
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Mon May 04, 2015 10:53 am

I was happy with the Crows game yesterday. Thought we stood up well to Port around the ground however lacked polish going forward. My hope for this year is to make the 8 and win a final.

If Dangerfield goes then pick up Aish and then use the residual coin to pick up a good key defender or forward if Lever comes along nicely this year.

I'm happy with our direction.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 741 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Booney » Mon May 04, 2015 11:11 am

marbles wrote:
bennymacca wrote:Tom Lynch was far from our worst yesterday. Needs to impact the scoreboard more though, he should be kicking 30 goals a season and doesnt look like that this year.

he got a lot of footy though

i barely saw jenkins get 2 kicks, sloane barely appeared, smith and douglas were pretty quiet

at least dangerfield got 36 touches

port seemed to have about 8 players across half back at all times,

jaench, luke brown and laird all seem to be twins who do exactly the same thing for the team, they play the same role, only 1 of them is needed

Jenkins was terrible, he gave nothing when Adelaide were dominating I50's in the second quarter and they were crying out for a target.

Dangerfield's game was interesting. 36 touches, yes, but at 63% efficiency with 7 clangers. He just needs to slow down, look at his options and hit a target. The second quarter he absolutely burnt 4 centre clearances that he won with poor disposal. He's a super ball winner but only average ball user.

Jaensch was clearly the first picked rebounding defender, I note, as above, that Laird is ahead of him now IMO.

Cameron, looks lost at times. He's not going to step on Betts' toes when structuring up under a pack. His role might not be needed at the moment, seemed like a waste of a player I50 with Betts looking so damaging.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10781 times

Postby bennymacca » Mon May 04, 2015 11:13 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:I was happy with the Crows game yesterday. Thought we stood up well to Port around the ground however lacked polish going forward. My hope for this year is to make the 8 and win a final.

If Dangerfield goes then pick up Aish and then use the residual coin to pick up a good key defender or forward if Lever comes along nicely this year.

I'm happy with our direction.

effort was great, skills were bad. We really should have won that game with the amount of ball we had.

As valleys mentioned in the port thread too, was a little bit worried that Sauce got smashed in the ruck too - very unlike him

Booney wrote:Cameron, looks lost at times. He's not going to step on Betts' toes when structuring up under a pack. His role might not be needed at the moment, seemed like a waste of a player I50 with Betts looking so damaging.

he just seemed to be a step behind where he should have been all day. When he needed to make a contest he was 1m away. When the ball was there to be crumbed it bounced right at his feet or just went out of his grasp.

Obviously still a young lad so cant be too hard on him, but certainly wasnt his best game.
bennymacca
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL