Round 5 - Live Scores and waffle

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Round 5 - Live Scores and waffle

Postby Mickyj » Sat May 02, 2015 7:23 pm

matt35 wrote:From what I heard I'd hardly describe that rubbish is doing his job, unless part of his job description is developing extremely bad habbits in potential Power players. Seriously; chip chip chip chip around in the back lines until you inevitably kick to a contest and turn the ball over! I don't want to take away from the Eagles and the way they were able to hold Port in, but seriously at some point you need to change it up and take it on!

I was there Eagles in the second term were shocking. Played into Ports hands .
Third quarter Eagles attacked Port went defensive and if the marks paid actually went the required distance id be surprised.

2 games in 2 weeks 2 hoodoos ended
Eagles win away game in their homeland
Land based Lure Bream Fisherman
PB
Hardbody Bream 38cm
Hardbody Mulloway 40cm
Softplastic Bream 38cm
Fly Bream 30cm
Mickyj
Coach

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 22 times

Postby sigur » Sat May 02, 2015 8:08 pm

Sturt Twin towers (Penfold and Hone) kicked 9.0. Kurtze was everywhere and Kirkwood everywhere else. Good win for Sturt against the undermanned cocks.
sigur
Mini-League

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 2 times

Postby Wedgie » Sat May 02, 2015 8:09 pm

johntheclaret wrote:
RB wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
RustyCage wrote:Didn't take the game on. Just chip chip chip, switch, then switch bank, then switch back again before chipping it around a bit more. Aren't going to win too many games of footy doing that.

When is Hocking going to cop some heat?
Their style is ordinary and should be playing alot better football with all the leg ups they have got

I rate his game plan more highly than the one he used that time at Peel.

What's a game plan ?

After his playing career, which ended in 2001, Hocking moved into coaching. In 2005, he coached Peel Thunder Football Club in the WAFL, a team which was struggling and managed to win just 4 games for the year in 2005. In one match, Hocking employed a tactic where every player on the Peel team was stationed in defense for a centre-bounce. Known as a "full-flood", this was viewed as a farcical situation, and one that Hocking wanted to use with his team down by a massive margin. Hocking has promised never to use the tactic again, and has said that in this one instance, it was appropriate for the circumstanc
Armchair expert wrote:Such a great club are Geelong
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2151 times
Been liked: 4090 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Keefy » Sat May 02, 2015 8:21 pm

Game postponed at Noarlunga. Issues with the lights. Game to be played tomorrow commencing at 11:30am
Keefy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 183 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby Wedgie » Sat May 02, 2015 8:31 pm

Keefy wrote:Game postponed at Noarlunga. Issues with the lights. Game to be played tomorrow commencing at 11:30am

What a debacle, why would they program a game like this at night anyway?
Its stuffed most of my family's plans up for the weekend.
Piss the Crows off, they're like the ******* Adams family with a black cloud following them everywhere.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Mickyj » Sat May 02, 2015 8:48 pm

Wedgie wrote:
Keefy wrote:Game postponed at Noarlunga. Issues with the lights. Game to be played tomorrow commencing at 11:30am

Piss the Crows off, they're like the ******* Adams family with a black cloud following them everywhere.

And they can take their AFL cousins the Power with them .
What a disgrace an academy side made of players from the eagles and possibly norwood zones playing in the SANFL reserves !!

Wake up SANFL they left you for THE VFL kick em out !!

Disgraceful farce in the SANFL seconds !!
Land based Lure Bream Fisherman
PB
Hardbody Bream 38cm
Hardbody Mulloway 40cm
Softplastic Bream 38cm
Fly Bream 30cm
Mickyj
Coach

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 22 times

Postby Wedgie » Sat May 02, 2015 8:53 pm

A couple of ironic weeks for the Crows in the SANFL considering one of their previous catch crys was "the future's so bright we need to wear shades”

Maybe next year's can be " the future's so bleak we can't even play night games".

8) :lol:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Bounce of the ball » Sat May 02, 2015 8:56 pm

Wedgie wrote:

I agree with the programming of this game at night but would also argue that many of the games shouldn't be programmed at night as well. Night footy should generally be programmed for sides that can attract a crowd.
You can't blame the Crows for this though .
The Lights deserve another topic as all grounds are crap with the lighting except Norwood . People are now staying away as they are not good enough.
Bounce of the ball
Reserves

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby Wedgie » Sat May 02, 2015 9:04 pm

Bounce of the ball wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

I agree with the programming of this game at night but would also argue that many of the games shouldn't be programmed at night as well. Night footy should generally be programmed for sides that can attract a crowd.
The Lights deserve another topic as all grounds are crap with the lighting except Norwood . People are now staying away as they are not good enough.

I can blame the Crows for anything I like be it world starvation or boutd of gout I get! :P
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Fluffbag » Sat May 02, 2015 9:15 pm

Wedgie wrote:

Totally agree, really can't blame the afl clubs for light towers problems.

I'm a south supporter who lives on the north east side and use public transport so I don't go to night home games as I won't be home until midnight. Have a few night games at Norwood each year and play the rest on Saturday/Sunday Afternoon.

Will be heading down there tomorrow so looking forward to it prior to the showdown.
Fluffbag
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 50 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby Keefy » Sat May 02, 2015 9:17 pm

From what I've read on facebook the lights went out during the Happy Valley/Reynella game too
Keefy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 183 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby Fluffbag » Sat May 02, 2015 9:21 pm

Wedgie wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

I can blame the Crows for anything I like be it world starvation or boutd of gout I get! :P

If you are a Geelong supporter then are you happy with the cats (and other AFL teams) taken over the VFA just like the power and the crows have done with the sanfl.
Fluffbag
Under 16s

Postby heater31 » Sat May 02, 2015 9:23 pm

Bounce of the ball wrote:The Lights deserve another topic as all grounds are crap with the lighting except Norwood . People are now staying away as they are not good enough.

Every ground that hosts night fixtures either meets or exceeds the minimum Australian Standard for Football (State League).

From memory Central is 250 Lux, the Dogs went the cheap option and are now paying the price as the size of their ground doesn't suit.

Glenelg 300 Lux and with a smaller ground are serviceable. West also have the same but bigger area.

Noarlunga also 300 Lux but they also left 2 existing towers when installing the current ones.

Norwood 600 Lux by far the best but they also host night baseball during summer and possibly got them to chip in for the cost.
heater31

Has liked: 526 times
Been liked: 1273 times

Postby Jim05 » Sat May 02, 2015 9:31 pm

heater31 wrote:
Bounce of the ball wrote:The Lights deserve another topic as all grounds are crap with the lighting except Norwood . People are now staying away as they are not good enough.

Every ground that hosts night fixtures either meets or exceeds the minimum Australian Standard for Football (State League).

From memory Central is 250 Lux, the Dogs went the cheap option and are now paying the price as the size of their ground doesn't suit.

Glenelg 300 Lux and with a smaller ground are serviceable. West also have the same but bigger area.

Noarlunga also 300 Lux but they also left 2 existing towers when installing the current ones.

Norwood 600 Lux by far the best but they also host night baseball during summer and possibly got them to chip in for the cost.

Dont care what the minimum standard is fact is most grounds with lights are crap to watch night footy at. Norwood due to its smaller size and better strength lights is the only venue that is remotely suitable for night games, that should be the minimum standard IMO.
Nights like last night are perfect for night football but shouldnt be playing night games any later than mid May
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1128 times
Been liked: 3654 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Bounce of the ball » Sat May 02, 2015 9:33 pm

Yes but who determines the lux standard? Obviously the standard is wrong.
Bounce of the ball
Reserves

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby heater31 » Sat May 02, 2015 9:36 pm

Bounce of the ball wrote:Yes but who determines the lux standard? Obviously the standard is wrong.

Well Australian Standards are usually formed by a panel of industry experts.....
heater31

Postby Fluffbag » Sat May 02, 2015 9:45 pm

Bounce of the ball wrote:Yes but who determines the lux standard? Obviously the standard is wrong.

The House of Lux
http://www.houseoflux.com
Fluffbag
Under 16s

Postby Jim05 » Sat May 02, 2015 10:04 pm

heater31 wrote:

Well Australian Standards are usually formed by a panel of industry experts.....

But that is usually just a minimum guide isnt it?
If clubs want night games they should be shelling out a bit more for a better quality surely.
Would love to hear from club bean counters on what the break even is on a night game compared to a day game
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1128 times
Been liked: 3654 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby heater31 » Sat May 02, 2015 10:13 pm

Jim05 wrote:
heater31 wrote:

But that is usually just a minimum guide isnt it?
If clubs want night games they should be shelling out a bit more for a better quality surely.
Would love to hear from club bean counters on what the break even is on a night game compared to a day game

And why Central don't play night games anymore......went cheap and now are hiding behind the excuse of not being able to 'afford' new light globes. Also don't forget that the perception of lighting is different on the playing surface than for a spectator....

I rank them in this order of Shitness....

Central
West
Glenelg
Noarlunga
Norwood
Adelaide Oval
heater31

Postby SABRE » Sat May 02, 2015 10:20 pm

Wedgie wrote:Piss the Crows off, they're like the ******* Adams family with a black cloud following them everywhere.

Who do you want to piss off, the Crows or FESTER 69 ? ;)
NFC 2021
SABRE
Reserves

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 44 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL