Bali Nine - is the death penalty justice?

Anything!

Re: Bali Nine - is the death penalty justice?

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:49 pm

In spoke to someone who knows Chan just yesterday - her words for him were kind, caring and compassionate.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Coach Bombay » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:46 pm

I'm not surprised. They have been doing a lot of good things in prison and providing inspiration and guidance to many troubled inmates. They have been a gift to so many people albeit not in the best circumstances but they way they have turned a shit situation into something meaningful is to be admired. We will gain nothing from taking their lives. Rest in peace fellas, and be strong for those who can't be without you.
The death penalty can never be excused as it allows a state a means by which it can pick and choose who is fit to live and who isnt
Coach Bombay
League - Top 5

Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 142 times

Postby Coach Bombay » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:46 pm

I'm not surprised. They have been doing a lot of good things in prison and providing inspiration and guidance to many troubled inmates. They have been a gift to so many people albeit not in the best circumstances but they way they have turned a shit situation into something meaningful is to be admired. We will gain nothing from taking their lives. Rest in peace fellas, and be strong for those who can't be without you.
The death penalty can never be excused as it allows a state a means by which it can pick and choose who is fit to live and who isnt
Coach Bombay
League - Top 5

Postby heater31 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:52 pm

If people are so upset at this issue then why not campaign for the government boycott all things Indonesian? Ban Australian citizens visting and business dealings with them. Isolate them and make them pay for being hypocritical on this issue.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby cracka » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:59 pm

heater31 wrote:If people are so upset at this issue then why not campaign for the government boycott all things Indonesian? Ban Australian citizens visting and business dealings with them. Isolate them and make them pay for being hypocritical on this issue.

Agree. Would also stop financial aid of $500 million a year immediately
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Coach Bombay » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:02 pm

cracka wrote:
heater31 wrote:If people are so upset at this issue then why not campaign for the government boycott all things Indonesian? Ban Australian citizens visting and business dealings with them. Isolate them and make them pay for being hypocritical on this issue.

Agree. Would also stop financial aid of $500 million a year immediately

Money which is used by their government to assist in saving the lives of Indonesians on death row in other countries.
Coach Bombay
League - Top 5

Postby Q. » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:17 pm

Actually, it probably goes toward their genocidal campaign in West Papua.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby am Bays » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:52 pm

Coach Bombay wrote:Just read this post from Ben Quilty.

Can't imagine what Ben is going through.

He always spoke so highly of the boys, inparticular Myu's artwork and the contribution that it brough in providing solace for other rehabilitated inmates.

Joko Widodo tonight you will kill two good men, my friends. I want you to know that you may take their freedom and their lives, you may rob their fellow inmates of the support and love that both men have offered for so long, you can turn off Myu’s imagination but you will never kill the memory of them. I have promised Myu and Andrew, their parents and their siblings, that I will fight against the death penalty for the rest of my life.
I can also assure you that Myu and Andrew will care for the other inmates you will execute tonight. The six men and one young woman from the Philippines, Ghana, Brazil and Nigeria will have two constant, calming and compassionate voices beside them right until the last second. Myuran will continue to translate your executioner’s words into English for Mary Jane Veloso and Andrew will calm and console. I know that before the sound of your guns the island will hear the comforting whisper of Myuran Sukumaran and Andrew Chan.

#bringourboyshome

Kevin Bloody Wilson's quote is better

Kevin Bloody Wilson wrote: People are asking for a minutes silence for these two scumbags. What about a minutes silence for their victims!
My thoughts?
"DILLIGAF"

I'm seriously amazed and staggered that educated people feel any compassion for these toe rags

if they weren't caught they'd still be trying to get away with it ruining more lives in this country and in others

Their contrition is only there because they have been caught

Utter Utter scum
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby RustyCage » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:23 pm

Exactly. I'm sure they were kind and compassionate towards the people they were making do their dirty work. You don't become the leaders of a drug trafficking ring with a softly softly approach.

I'm not in favour of the death penalty because a lot of innocent people end up getting killed. These two people aren't in that category
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby Leaping Lindner » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:16 pm

Q. wrote:Actually, it probably goes toward their genocidal campaign in West Papua.

No!!! Next you'll be saying they killed 200,000 plus during their occupation of East Timor...... :evil:
"They got Burton suits, ha, you think it's funny,turning rebellion into money"
Leaping Lindner
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 47 times

Postby Leaping Lindner » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:17 pm

am Bays wrote:
Coach Bombay wrote:Just read this post from Ben Quilty.

Can't imagine what Ben is going through.

He always spoke so highly of the boys, inparticular Myu's artwork and the contribution that it brough in providing solace for other rehabilitated inmates.

Joko Widodo tonight you will kill two good men, my friends. I want you to know that you may take their freedom and their lives, you may rob their fellow inmates of the support and love that both men have offered for so long, you can turn off Myu’s imagination but you will never kill the memory of them. I have promised Myu and Andrew, their parents and their siblings, that I will fight against the death penalty for the rest of my life.
I can also assure you that Myu and Andrew will care for the other inmates you will execute tonight. The six men and one young woman from the Philippines, Ghana, Brazil and Nigeria will have two constant, calming and compassionate voices beside them right until the last second. Myuran will continue to translate your executioner’s words into English for Mary Jane Veloso and Andrew will calm and console. I know that before the sound of your guns the island will hear the comforting whisper of Myuran Sukumaran and Andrew Chan.

#bringourboyshome

Kevin Bloody Wilson's quote is better

Kevin Bloody Wilson wrote: People are asking for a minutes silence for these two scumbags. What about a minutes silence for their victims!
My thoughts?
"DILLIGAF"

I'm seriously amazed and staggered that educated people feel any compassion for these toe rags

if they weren't caught they'd still be trying to get away with it ruining more lives in this country and in others

Their contrition is only there because they have been caught

Utter Utter scum

You are seriously quoting Kevin "Bloody" Wilson??? Was Rodney Rude unavailable?
"They got Burton suits, ha, you think it's funny,turning rebellion into money"
Leaping Lindner
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 47 times

Postby Coach Bombay » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:19 pm

Hard not to feel sorry for the majority of Indonesians whom are left red faced by their government. Just received e lovey message from my Balinese friend saying sorry to Australia for what their country has put has through with this. Another friend of mine said that a doctor from their work was stopped and searched in Indonesia and has his passport taken away. When asked why he was told that it was because he was a rich Australian and was blackmailed to give them cash to regain his passport. The doctor was over their volunteering and providing aid to Indonesians in need. I'm starting to feel helpless and uncomfortable with what is about to happen tonight.
Coach Bombay
League - Top 5

Postby am Bays » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:04 am

Leaping Lindner wrote:
Q. wrote:Actually, it probably goes toward their genocidal campaign in West Papua.

No!!! Next you'll be saying they killed 200,000 plus during their occupation of East Timor...... :evil:

Which is still less than the deaths that occur due to drug smuggling scum like those two idiots?

At least two innocent people died in Australia last night due to drug addictions, yet there is no who ha over there deaths yet all we hear about are two criminals. Hopefully their deaths were painfull and they suffered.

Hypocritical much???
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:43 am

I want to start with I don't condone the actions of the 2 Australians who were murdered over night. Saying that I don't agree with the actions of the Indonesian government or its justice system. I understand it's their rules and we must respect it, but I cant agree with this. A system that lets terrorists, murderers, rapists and kiddy fiddlers walk free after a short period of time. A system that want to enforce a tough stance on drugs but are more than happy to let their own (police, prison officers) deal it freely. A system where you pay for your freedom. A government that uses aid money from Australian tax payers to get their own of death row in other countries, meanwhile slaying thousands of innocent west Papuans. There is also an appeal in process as I type for the two, how can you execute while that's on, plus it is a known fact one of the judges in the trial was offering lesser sentences for coin. Lastly, the way the indo government has handled this is a flat disgrace, feels more like a publicity stunt, from parading the people on death row to showing the coffins and crosses of prior to execution.
I could go on.
Life in prison I could accept, but death by firing squad I can not
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby Q. » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:48 am

am Bays wrote:
Leaping Lindner wrote:

Which is still less than the deaths that occur due to drug smuggling scum like those two idiots?

At least two innocent people died in Australia last night due to drug addictions, yet there is no who ha over there deaths yet all we hear about are two criminals. Hopefully their deaths were painfull and they suffered.

Hypocritical much???

You are the master of your own destiny when choosing to use drugs. Not even comparable.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby MW » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:51 am

I believe in the death penalty but not for the crime they committed. However if the death penalty exists in a country for that type of crime, and you choose to deliberately committ that crime knowing full well (and they would have known) that the death penalty was in play, then I have no sympathy.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Johno6 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:59 am

if these 2 were getting the death penalty for being paedophiles would everyone be reacting the same way?>
R.I.P Mum 28/02/12

Asterix Users - Squibs
Johno6
Coach

Has liked: 344 times
Been liked: 604 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby MW » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:08 am

Johno6 wrote:if these 2 were getting the death penalty for being paedophiles would everyone be reacting the same way?>

No but that is no comparison
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Johno6 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:10 am

I thought everyones issue was the death penalty tho, not the crime?

the country has a penalty of death if you get caught smuggling drugs
they smuggled drugs
they got the death penalty

I don't see the issue?
R.I.P Mum 28/02/12

Asterix Users - Squibs
Johno6
Coach

Has liked: 344 times
Been liked: 604 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby heater31 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:24 am

Johno6 wrote:I thought everyones issue was the death penalty tho, not the crime?

the country has a penalty of death if you get caught smuggling drugs
they smuggled drugs
they got the death penalty

I don't see the issue?

It runs a little deeper than that. Indonesia actively negotiate to get their own citizens off the same punishment for similar crimes in other countries. Then criticise others who use the same tactics.

**** the **** - recall the ambassador, cut all ties with the country and pass laws that Australian citizens can't visit the country ever.

Maybe Tony had a point about the next time there is a natural disaster we won't help and see how they go.....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion