Rnd 4 - Norwood v Port @ Adelaide Oval (Fri N 24/4)

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Rnd 4 - Norwood v Port @ Adelaide Oval (Fri N 24/4)

Postby matt35 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:27 pm

Where did the Power come in to this? They don't play in the SANFL!
No Surrender!
matt35
Under 18s

Has liked: 513 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby Mic » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:30 pm

Wedgie wrote:South 11 premierships isn't it?
The Power 1.
Won't happen in my lifetime.
The Powers not even a pimple on the Panthers arse yet and never will be.

Power Reserves - no premierships.
In their defence they've only been in the comp since the start of last year.
Mic
League - Top 5

Has liked: 166 times
Been liked: 144 times

Postby topsywaldron » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:42 pm

Mic wrote:Power Reserves - no premierships.
In their defence they've only been in the comp since the start of last year.

The Zombie Magpies.
'People are not stupid. They know when they are being conned. And two reserves teams operating in a League competition will reduce it to a farce, a competition without a soul.'

Dion Hayman 24th July 2013
topsywaldron
Veteran

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 218 times

Postby carey » Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:18 pm

Some of you really need to get over the sooking. It ain't guna change. Right or wrong.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2810 times
Been liked: 2997 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Jim05 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:23 pm

carey wrote:Some of you really need to get over the sooking. It ain't guna change. Right or wrong.

Never say never.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3553 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby on the rails » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:19 pm

carey wrote:Some of you really need to get over the sooking. It ain't guna change. Right or wrong.

How do you know what will happen in the future?

If people don't protest or voice up their opinion then how can any hope of change occur. The SANFL fat cats, the 6 clubs that voted yes and the AFL would love a submissive accepting SANFL public.
Piss weak SANFL and the CLOWNS who run it.
on the rails
League - Top 5

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby carey » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:21 pm

on the rails wrote:

How do you know what will happen in the future?

If people don't protest or voice up their opinion then how can any hope of change occur. The SANFL fat cats, the 6 clubs that voted yes and the AFL would love a submissive accepting SANFL public.

I'm sure forums on SAFooty.net has a huge amount of pull on these decisions.
carey
Coach

Postby carey » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:22 pm

I'm not saying I agree with the decision just sick of reading the sooking on here.
carey
Coach

Postby on the rails » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:30 pm

Well get used to it! It's an Internet Forum - Full of complaints, whinging, outlandish emotive rants, half truths, urban myths and bullshit.
Piss weak SANFL and the CLOWNS who run it.
on the rails
League - Top 5

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby wristwatcher » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:51 pm

:YMAPPLAUSE: :YMAPPLAUSE: well said Carey. Every bloody footy thread hijacked by grown men bitching because things aren't how they want them. Gets very tiresome. Would be nice if we could just talk about the footy
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby Jim05 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:24 am

We could talk about how a bunch of part timers with a days less rest ran all over the pros after quarter time. Really good effort by Norwood tonight, really played well as a team and the scoreboard probably flattered Port in the end. Persinos worthy Quinn medal winner, changed the course of the game in the third quarter, firstly with his smother and goal and followed by a 50m bomb. Jimmy was brilliant again, especially in that tough period of rain, Bauldy slaughtered Redden in the ruck and gave our mids a good look at. Backs settled really well tonight but their task was aided with Port having little to no structure going forward, the ammount of times Port bombed it forward to a 2 or 3 on 1 contest was staggering. Gray was good for Port but not alot of others would be pushing for AFL selection based on tonight. Butcher was pathetic again and Wagner well thats a joke in itself that he is on a list.
Jim05
Coach

Postby Douglas Mawson » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:28 am

So......back to the footy. Port started well with a three goal breeze in the first term. The heavens opened biblically in the second term and cruelled Nwd's chances to use the wind. Both sides' tackling in the second term was outstanding. Port missed a trick in the third term as the conditions fined up and Butcher was deplorable in key moments. Nwd's second half was very strong and looked like the side of the last three years. Webber, Allan and Persinos had big games. It was case of 'normal transmission resumed' ..... and makes last week's performance all the more annoying. Can match up well against the 'Magpies' but just can't get it sorted against the Hybrids!
Douglas Mawson
Rookie

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 38 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Jim05 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:32 am

Douglas Mawson wrote:So......back to the footy. Port started well with a three goal breeze in the first term. The heavens opened biblically in the second term and cruelled Nwd's chances to use the wind. Both sides' tackling in the second term was outstanding. Port missed a trick in the third term as the conditions fined up and Butcher was deplorable in key moments. Nwd's second half was very strong and looked like the side of the last three years. Webber, Allan and Persinos had big games. It was case of 'normal transmission resumed' ..... and makes last week's performance all the more annoying. Can match up well against the 'Magpies' but just can't get it sorted against the Hybrids!

Thankfully for us the Eagles are usually missing by week 2 of the finals. Would happily avoid them again this year aswell lol
Jim05
Coach

Postby wristwatcher » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:44 am

Good, hard fought competitive game in atrocious conditions. The Legs too good in the end. I don't ever remember a game where a team late in the third had more frees than marks. 18-14 at one stage when I looked at the scoreboard. Norwood definitely had the rub of the green in the frees department.

Port missing their chances when they had a run on cost them. Butch missing from 15m directly in front really hurt Port and every touch from there he had was tragic after he had battled pretty hard for the first 3 quarters. Certainly could not question the commitment of both teams but it was the Norwood mosquito fleet who proved the difference.

Moving pre match ceremony.

A good night at the footy.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby Wedgie » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:03 am

NorwoodPortBanner.jpg
NorwoodPortBanner.jpg (157.11 KiB) Viewed 796 times
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2052 times
Been liked: 3899 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby topsywaldron » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:58 am

wristwatcher wrote:

:YMAPPLAUSE: :YMAPPLAUSE: well said Carey. Every bloody footy thread hijacked by grown men bitching because things aren't how they want them. Gets very tiresome. Would be nice if we could just talk about the footy

My heart f*cking bleeds for you.

Your club ruins my competition and now you moan about people complaining about it?

Eff off to bigfooty.
'People are not stupid. They know when they are being conned. And two reserves teams operating in a League competition will reduce it to a farce, a competition without a soul.'

Dion Hayman 24th July 2013
topsywaldron
Veteran

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 218 times

Postby LPH » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:14 am

On the game:

I am surprised at the Port supporters suggesting it was a hard fought game.
From where I was sitting/standing - Norwood dominated from 1/4 time & had they kicked straight it would've been a belting in those conditions.
Game was over @ 3/4 time.

Butcher is a complete spud - biggest waste of money on their list IMHO.
Gets 1 kick after 1/2 time (a very soft free in the goal square) & proceeds to kick into the man on the mark, for a behind!
The rest of the time he literally ran around in circles, appealing for frees - pathetic, really.

Whether or not they should even be in the competition is irrelevant, because they are in it.
I think we HAVE accepted that both them & the Cows are there - but that doesn't mean we have to be happy about it.
It is very easy for both Cow & PAP supporters suggest "... get over it... move on" because they have a genuine interest in their 'A Grade'.
For the rest of us who don't really give a toss about the expanded VFL, the fact they are competing in our competition on an unequal playing field is 'shitty' to say the least.

As for the 'banner' last night - now I've seen everything!
A combined CS Banner - WTF?
ANZAC Day or not - couldn't believe my eyes.
If that doesn't say it all, about 'Compromise' & 'Integrity' of the COMPETITION - please.
Stephen Trigg & Rob Chapman are SA Football Patriots
LPH
League - Best 21

Has liked: 541 times
Been liked: 326 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby RustyCage » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:23 am

Really? Complaining about a joint banner to commemorate ANZAC Day? Wow, that's pretty low

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429923223.400747.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429923223.400747.jpg (317.67 KiB) Viewed 724 times
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby Jim05 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:26 am

LPH wrote:On the game:

I am surprised at the Port supporters suggesting it was a hard fought game.
From where I was sitting/standing - Norwood dominated from 1/4 time & had they kicked straight it would've been a belting in those conditions.
Game was over @ 3/4 time.

Butcher is a complete spud - biggest waste of money on their list IMHO.
Gets 1 kick after 1/2 time (a very soft free in the goal square) & proceeds to kick into the man on the mark, for a behind!
The rest of the time he literally ran around in circles, appealing for frees - pathetic, really.

Whether or not they should even be in the competition is irrelevant, because they are in it.
I think we HAVE accepted that both them & the Cows are there - but that doesn't mean we have to be happy about it.
It is very easy for both Cow & PAP supporters suggest "... get over it... move on" because they have a genuine interest in their 'A Grade'.
For the rest of us who don't really give a toss about the expanded VFL, the fact they are competing in our competition on an unequal playing field is 'shitty' to say the least.

As for the 'banner' last night - now I've seen everything!
A combined CS Banner - WTF?
ANZAC Day or not - couldn't believe my eyes.
If that doesn't say it all, about 'Compromise' & 'Integrity' of the COMPETITION - please.

Agree with most apart from the banner quote. Essendon and Collingwood loathe each other yet have had a combined banner often in the past. They can put aside their hatred of each other for 5 minutes to honour the ANZAC tradition
Jim05
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:30 am

Was it a similar atmosphere on the hill as last year?

anzac day.jpg
anzac day.jpg (147.16 KiB) Viewed 715 times
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2052 times
Been liked: 3899 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL