9%
Golden Grove
6%
SMOSH West Lakes
6%

Total votes : 35

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 8 - 2015

Postby marbles » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:33 pm

jo172 wrote:I don't understand your point and I definitely don't understand why you wouldn't divide 1584 by 25

because no way will a coach bring every player to the bench, and his top 10 players WILL generally get full games.

so 10 players * 88 minutes = 880 minutes

880 minutes are now unavailable to the remaining 15 players
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby jo172 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:33 pm

marbles wrote:
jo172 wrote:
Q. wrote:Oh, I thought D8 had time on. D7R games are 22 minutes, is D8R the same?

Yes

In the bigger picture of returning the SAAFL to 8 10 team Grades (depending if any new clubs want to bite on entrance) is working out a workable situation re 25 players playing C Grade.

This year has shown us thus far that the gap between Div 7 and 8 is likely negligible, but from a total club perspective Div 8 is a much better bet, substantially the reason being the 25 person C Grade.

If you want clubs to go up, particularly " 1 oval" clubs to go up there needs to be a workable solution to having C Grades in Div 7 allowed to field 25 players.

lets not go there

the discussion i brought up is to highlight that by having 25 players on your team, then up to 15 players will only get to play 52 minutes per game (just over 2 quarters)
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1200 times
Been liked: 725 times

Postby Q. » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:35 pm

jo172 wrote:
Q. wrote:Oh, I thought D8 had time on. D7R games are 22 minutes, is D8R the same?

Yes

In the bigger picture of returning the SAAFL to 8 10 team Grades (depending if any new clubs want to bite on entrance) is working out a workable situation re 25 players playing C Grade.

This year has shown us thus far that the gap between Div 7 and 8 is likely negligible, but from a total club perspective Div 8 is a much better bet, substantially the reason being the 25 person C Grade.

If you want clubs to go up, particularly " 1 oval" clubs to go up there needs to be a workable solution to having C Grades in Div 7 allowed to field 25 players.

I think that if C/D teams enter back into D7, then there is merit in allowing a 7 man bench for all teams in D7R. Not so much in favour of it in D7 though.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby marbles » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:41 pm

a 25 man side sounds beautiful in theory but consider being one of the 15 players, who dont get a full game, and each recieving on average only 47 minutes game time out of a possible 88 minutes each

it was a great win but 15 out the 25 were bored shitless on the bench, and are more likely half depressed about their day out at footy than excited about the win :)
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby jo172 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:45 pm

Q. wrote:
jo172 wrote:

Yes

I think that if C/D teams enter back into D7, then there is merit in allowing a 7 man bench for all teams in D7R. Not so much in favour of it in D7 though.

I tend to think assuming the Amateur League is only fielding less then 66 total Clubs (comprising Divs 1-6 and the top half of Div 7) then there's a reasonable argument for C/D grades to be allowed to field 25 man teams against A/B Grade 21 sides.

There are obviously many many arguments against this (which are not necessarily wrong) but in terms of politicking it, and returning the Amateur League to 10 team divisons I suspsect this may be the better compromise
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby Q. » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:47 pm

I don't think you can allow it for some and not others within the same division.
Q.
Coach

Postby marbles » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:49 pm

jo172 wrote:I tend to think assuming the Amateur League is only fielding less then 66 total Clubs (comprising Divs 1-6 and the top half of Div 7) then there's a reasonable argument for C/D grades to be allowed to field 25 man teams against A/B Grade 21 sides.

after seeing what my young team mates went through yesterday, i dont understand why you are all for 25 man teams?

15 out of the 25 players get to play only 50% of the game, how is that justifiable? how is that enticing to the individual?
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Q. » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:51 pm

marbles wrote:
jo172 wrote:I tend to think assuming the Amateur League is only fielding less then 66 total Clubs (comprising Divs 1-6 and the top half of Div 7) then there's a reasonable argument for C/D grades to be allowed to field 25 man teams against A/B Grade 21 sides.

after seeing what my young team mates went through yesterday, i dont understand why you are all for 25 man teams?

15 out of the 25 players get to play only 50% of the game, how is that justifiable? how is that enticing to the individual?

Then the coach is at fault for not rotating more fairly.
Q.
Coach

Postby jo172 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:52 pm

marbles wrote:

Sounds like a problem with the coach rather than the format?

The coach is not obliged to play 25 players. He can go in with 21,22 (or 14 if he's that way inclined).

Alternatively there's nothing stopping him implementing rotations and guaranteeing that no player plays 1 second longer than another.

This is an internal Henley problem (possibly why they're losing teams of players) rather than a systemic problem
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby marbles » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:57 pm

Q. wrote:
marbles wrote:

yeap your right in many perspectives - the less players to get full games, the better for everyone as the cake gets shared around more

but if its a goal for goal game, no coach is gonna pull his top monkeys off, just for rotations sake. the win is first priority

my opinion would be to field 22 players only, rest more players, and rotate them week to week rather than during the game as more game time becomes available to the individual
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Q. » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:58 pm

marbles wrote:
Q. wrote:
marbles wrote:

yeap your right in many perspectives - the less players to get full games, the better for everyone as the cake gets shared around more

but if its a goal for goal game, no coach is gonna pull his top monkeys off, just for rotations sake. the win is first priority

my opinion would be to field 22 players only, rest more players, and rotate them week to week rather than during the game as more game time becomes available to the individual

But in your own words, these are just 'kick and catch' footballers so why is winning the priority over giving these blokes a kick and a catch?
Q.
Coach

Postby marbles » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:01 pm

jo172 wrote:This is an internal Henley problem (possibly why they're losing teams of players) rather than a systemic problem

no mate there is no problem. we are new to the 25 player system.

and the whole thing is not a problem at all, its merely an observation.

PNU have played a few seasons with 25, give us some perspective on how your coach shares the pie.

Does every player have to spend time on the bench for PNU CGrade????
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby jo172 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:03 pm

marbles wrote:
jo172 wrote:This is an internal Henley problem (possibly why they're losing teams of players) rather than a systemic problem

PNU have played a few seasons with 25, give us some perspective on how your coach shares the pie.

Yep.

PNU's C Grade also plays with 22 or 23 because the Coach doesn't want to put himself in a more difficult situation.

There's also the bigger picture, being that winning a C Grade Game (or ultimately flag) isn't the be all and end all. We have a very good situation where i'm very confident we're developing future A and B Grade players (an Under 18 Finishing School really) and what's happening now we won't see the dividends for another 2-3 years.
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby Jetters » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:06 pm

This is a non issue. You think 25 is too many...play with less than 25.
Jetters
Reserves

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 119 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby marbles » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:09 pm

jo172 wrote:
marbles wrote:

Yep.

PNU's C Grade also plays with 22 or 23 because the Coach doesn't want to put himself in a more difficult situation.

There's also the bigger picture, being that winning a C Grade Game (or ultimately flag) isn't the be all and end all. We have a very good situation where i'm very confident we're developing future A and B Grade players (an Under 18 Finishing School really) and what's happening now we won't see the dividends for another 2-3 years.

thanks man. thats the wisdon i was seeking cheers. yes it is a massive task for the coach to have to sit there all game trying to work out who next of the 7 players sitting next to him he has to rotate next.... one big f##kn task & a half :) all day non-stop :) if only there was time to watch the game instead haha
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Q. » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:11 pm

marbles wrote:
jo172 wrote:
marbles wrote:

Yep.

thanks man. thats the wisdon i was seeking cheers. yes it is a massive task for the coach to have to sit there all game trying to work out who next of the 7 players sitting next to him he has to rotate next.... one big f##kn task & a half :) all day non-stop :) if only there was time to watch the game instead haha

There's an iPad app for that ;)
Q.
Coach

Postby jo172 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:12 pm

marbles wrote:
jo172 wrote:
marbles wrote:

Yep.

Play less than 25 if it's an issue.

The rule is you may play 25 rather than you have to if there are that many tears being shed
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby marbles » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:12 pm

Jetters wrote:This is a non issue. You think 25 is too many...play with less than 25.

yerr chuck em in our dgrade :?

shocs last week had 14 on the bench haha
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Boosh » Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:53 pm

Reports from our D Grade suggest Payneham have a cheat umpire on their hands, confirmed by PNU coach.
I have a problem. It's to do with the little man, the squashed-in French man, the naked little squashed up hairy boy! You know! With the hand feet
*I apologise to Hope Valley people in advance, no offence intended
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 192 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby jo172 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:59 pm

Something about pots, kettles, black and throwing stones through glass houses (let alone mixing metaphors) comes to mind.

Want to be VERY sure your own house is in order before you start throwing the C word around her alone the internal inconsistency in the story (given said umpire was responsible for both games).
jo172
League - Top 5

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League