Salisbury West
9%
St. Pauls
7%

Total votes : 56

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

Postby morell » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:21 am

Why can't they play in D7?

It. Makes. No. Sense. None! Nadda! Zilch! Zero!

Anyone saying "because the delegates voted them out" will get a stern animated GIF.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1143 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Q. » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:48 am

Because they didn't meet registration requirements and the season was about to start.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby morell » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:01 pm

Stuff the registration requirements! Who cares. We've got a spot for a team. A couple in fact. We've got a club which can field a team and wants to play. Whats the problem? Pragmatism pls.

And I have heard of other clubs which did not meet the requirements and are in.

Seems to me, the SAAFL have got a very defined agenda to remove Wingfield from their competitions.
morell
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:26 pm

Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1744 times
Been liked: 2154 times

Postby morell » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:31 pm

leave kitty and me alone!

But seriously. Shits ******.
Last edited by morell on Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
morell
Coach

Postby heater31 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:32 pm

morell wrote:Stuff the registration requirements! Who cares. We've got a spot for a team. A couple in fact. We've got a club which can field a team and wants to play. Whats the problem? Pragmatism pls.

And I have heard of other clubs which did not meet the requirements and are in.

Seems to me, the SAAFL have got a very defined agenda to remove Wingfield from their competitions.

They were given dispensation for 1 season to be a 1 team club. Which was season 2014.......
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1265 times

Postby morell » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:38 pm

Sure, but that's circular logic. All this about registration requirements and dispensations and what not is a self fulfilling prophecy.

Facts are. There is room for three teams in D7. THREE. We have one ready to go. And were saying no, because of rules, those rules which were originally designed to maintain the integrity of the competition. Those rules are now stopping the improvement to the integrity of the competition

Makes. No. Sense.
morell
Coach

Postby Yank Man » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:47 pm

morell wrote:Sure, but that's circular logic. All this about registration requirements and dispensations and what not is a self fulfilling prophecy.

Facts are. There is room for three teams in D7. THREE. We have one ready to go. And were saying no, because of rules, those rules which were originally designed to maintain the integrity of the competition. Those rules are now stopping the improvement to the integrity of the competition

Makes. No. Sense.

But it's a bit unfair to blame the league. The blame lays with those who voted on these rules some time ago.

Easy fix, every club to have 50 minimum registered players by Feb 15th. That in turn puts all clubs on a level playing field and if clubs can't comply it gives the league time to jump in and help, which I believe they tried to do with Wingies. Time ran out.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 323 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby jo172 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:49 pm

Morell, the clubs voted on the rule due to the frustration caused by the Kilburn situation last year. The premise being that a vast majority of clubs do not want their reserves sides having byes while their A Grade sides play. There are obviously those clubs that disagree. This is what the majority of the League wanted though.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1204 times
Been liked: 725 times

Postby morell » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:59 pm

Yank Man wrote:
morell wrote:Sure, but that's circular logic. All this about registration requirements and dispensations and what not is a self fulfilling prophecy.

Makes. No. Sense.

But it's a bit unfair to blame the league. The blame lays with those who voted on these rules some time ago.

Easy fix, every club to have 50 minimum registered players by Feb 15th. That in turn puts all clubs on a level playing field and if clubs can't comply it gives the league time to jump in and help, which I believe they tried to do with Wingies. Time ran out.
No I agree, its not the leagues fault entirely, other than they can surely veto this process and instill Winfield into D7 as the rules original intention have not panned out as expected.

This is why most political systems have executive orders and right to veto, as democracy doesn't always create the best outcome.

Surely JK could have called the other clubs in D7, done a quick straw poll, made an executive decision and do what was right ...

Unless of course ... we have a conspiracy on our hands and this was always the intention. 8)

jo172 wrote:Morell, the clubs voted on the rule due to the frustration caused by the Kilburn situation last year. The premise being that a vast majority of clubs do not want their reserves sides having byes while their A Grade sides play. There are obviously those clubs that disagree. This is what the majority of the League wanted though.
Yeah I understand that. The premise behind that though was that there would still be 8 other teams to play against. In D7 we've got 6. Not exactly the same scenario so the "rules" should be thrown out the door and pragmatism put in their place.
morell
Coach

Postby Sass! » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:06 pm

Re: Tim Kelso, was Modbury's C grade coach for the last 4 years i believe? was also a premiership coach in 2013 and lead the boys to finals in a tough Div 7 comp in 2014. Does alot of hard work off the field to get his best team on the park each week, committed to the role that is for certain.. will probably be great for St Pauls as a club establishing itself. I know a couple of Modbury lads have headed over with them, most with ex St Pauls ties.. all C graders of the last couple of years but Cody Symes is one, handy footballer.

Good luck to him.
Sass!
Under 16s

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 47 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby Executive Member » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:43 pm

jo172 wrote:Morell, the clubs voted on the rule due to the frustration caused by the Kilburn situation last year. The premise being that a vast majority of clubs do not want their reserves sides having byes while their A Grade sides play. There are obviously those clubs that disagree. This is what the majority of the League wanted though.

From the SAAFL Constitution

8.13.2 Until otherwise decided by the Delegates all of the powers conferred
upon and exercisable by them as the General Committee pursuant to
these Rules are delegated to and conferred upon the Executive
Committee with the restriction that the Executive Committee shall not
unless expressly authorised by resolution of the Delegates exercise
any powers which would enable it:-

8.13.2.7 To the exclusion of the General Committee determine the number of
grades and the allocation of teams to such grades.
Executive Member
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 140 times

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:44 pm

BAM! Straight from the top. :lol:

Game over.

Thank you umpires, thank you ball boys ;)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1744 times
Been liked: 2154 times

Postby morell » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:49 pm

Executive Member wrote:

So then how do nominations, promotions and other such gradings work if the SAAFL have absolutely no say?

But point taken, I get that you can't place teams willy nilly because "the delegates" - hence why I originally said that anyone saying "but the delegates" would get a stern animated GIF.

Bit of flawed system if the league's governing body cant make an executive call for the betterment of the competition without having to have a proverbial red tape bon fire.
morell
Coach

Postby Executive Member » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:59 pm

morell wrote:
Executive Member wrote:

So then how do nominations, promotions and other such gradings work if the SAAFL have absolutely no say?

But point taken, I get that you can't place teams willy nilly because "the delegates" - hence why I originally said that anyone saying "but the delegates" would get a stern animated GIF.

Bit of flawed system if the league's governing body cant make an executive call for the betterment of the competition without having to have a proverbial red tape bon fire.

via the League's 2015 Rules and Regs

37 PROMOTION AND RELEGATION
37.1 Subject to Clauses 37.4 and 37.5 herein the Member Clubs occupying the lowest two positions on the premiership table in the Divisions with a reserve Division (except the lowest Division of The League and the lowest Division of The League with a reserve Division) at the end of the minor round of matches in each Division, not being a reserve Division, shall be relegated to the Division below their current Division in the following season.
37.2 Subject to Clauses 37.4 and 37.5 herein the Member Clubs occupying the lowest two positions on the premiership table in the C Divisions (except the lowest C Division of The League) at the end of the minor round of matches in each Division shall be relegated to the Division below their current Division in the following season.
37.3 Subject to Clauses 37.4 and 37.5 herein the Member Clubs playing in the Grand Final in each Division, not being a reserve Division, shall be promoted to the Division above their current Division in the following season.
37.4 No two teams from any one Member Club shall in any one year be in the same Division.
37.5 Either of the Member Clubs playing in the Grand Final may choose not to be promoted in the following season provided that such an option has not been exercised by that Member Club in the previous season and that a Member Club occupying either of the lowest two positions on the premiership table at the end of the minor round of matches in the Division above the
Adelaide Football League – Rules & Regulations 2015
25 | P a g e
Member Clubs to be promoted chooses to remain in the same Division for the following season provided such Member Club has not exercised this option in the previous season.
37.6 The League reserves the right to not instigate Clause 37.3 when this would result in the third team (C’s) of a Member Club being promoted into a Division in which predominantly the first team (A’s) of other Member Clubs will be participating in the following season.
Executive Member
Veteran

Postby Executive Member » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:04 pm

morell wrote:
Executive Member wrote:

and to pre-empt your next question again from the constitution

6. MEMBERSHIP: NEW ADMISSIONS
6.1 Any club desirous of playing Australian Football may make application for
admission to The League.
6.2 Each application made in accordance with paragraph 6.1 above shall be
considered by the Executive Committee and accepted or rejected at the sole
discretion of the Executive Committee.
6.3 All applications for membership shall be made and determined in accordance
with the provisions of the Rules and Regulations of The League relating to such
applications.
6.4 The decision of the Executive Committee shall be final and there shall be no
appeal against that decision.
7. RENEWAL OF MEMBERSHIP
7.1 Each Member Club seeking renewal of its membership with The League shall
make application for renewal of its membership.
7.2 Each application made in accordance with paragraph 7.1 above shall be
considered by the Executive Committee and accepted or rejected.
7.3 All applications for renewal of membership shall be made and determined in
accordance with the provisions of the Rules and Regulations of The League
relating to such applications.
7.4 Any Member Club whose application is rejected by the Executive Committee
may appeal to the General Committee against such decision.
Executive Member
Veteran

Postby morell » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:08 pm

Unless expressly permitted by the delegates. Hence the vote on Wingfield and the league not being able to do a damn thing about it.

I getcha, but think it's ridiculous. Also understand Jo's post but think the basis on which it was voted on isn't applicable to Wingfield and D7.
morell
Coach

Postby morell » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:01 pm

But thanks for taking the time EM. Much appreciated.
morell
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:50 pm

Jim05 wrote:
adr107 wrote:
BZB27 wrote:So has anyone heard how St Pauls are shaping up? Did they have any trials? Do they have a coach now?

Bloke named Tim Kelso coaching St Pauls apparently. Ex Modbury C's coach...

As in the ex Barossa Districts player?

Went to Trinity?
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:14 pm

IMHO clubs should be de-regestered for on field and off field indiscretions only. De-regeresting a club for only fielding one side I don't agree with. I thought what the HFL attempted to do with Sedan-Cambrai was deplorable. I think the same with this situation. On the other hand, Wingfield obviously have a reputation. However, if that is the underlying reason for the deregeretration you should be open and honest about it to deter others in the future.
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 36 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League