Salisbury West
9%
St. Pauls
7%

Total votes : 56

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

Postby morell » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:13 am

marbles wrote:Phht small minority?

For someone who claims to be a an engineer of statistics and a leader of data interpretation your backyard self endearing opinion is a delusional farce.
The small minority are the people complaining about having to play against A Grade sides, not all C Grade players, volunteers and attachments.

Ergo, as the rest of your post is based on this simple and misconstrued assumption and fallacy, it is not worth reading.
Last edited by morell on Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1143 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby morell » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:21 am

jo172 wrote:Speaking from personal experience as to whether a C Grade should go up to Div 7 what we found to be a very real consideration was the drop in players eligible for selection from 25 to 21.

Having 8 less blokes getting a game of football each week was determined not to be in our best interests.
Yeah that is a very worthwhile discussion to have I think. Not an insurmountable obstacle I wouldn't have thought.

Personally speaking I wouldn't be against fielding 25 blokes for the year when there are a significant number of C Grade sides in the division.

In fact, I think it would be awesome.
morell
Coach

Postby marbles » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:38 am

morell wrote:
marbles wrote:Phht small minority?

For someone who claims to be a an engineer of statistics and a leader of data interpretation your backyard self endearing opinion is a delusional farce.
The small minority is the people complaining about having to play against A Grade sides, not all C Grade players, volunteers and attachments.

Ergo, as the rest of your post is based on this simple and misconstrued assumption and fallacy, it is not worth reading.

i think youve got it in your head that this forum is the engine room of the league, sure there are plenty of (less than 40) intellectuals on here that voice terrific discussions that assist in the formations of the divisions, but committees couldnt care less about safooty.net mate, and as you can see the committees have spoken.... no cgrade vs agrade anymore

and i myself have had nothing to do with the decisions of each committee, despite being the "only" person on safooty.net complaining about it
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 277 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby adr107 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:46 am

norm11 wrote:
Q. wrote:
norm11 wrote:We also have houghton 3 times. 2 road trips leaving Friday night. We also play flinders uni twice in 3 weeks and sals west twice in 3 weeks.

Ummmm the Angle Vale/Houghton road trip isn't that far

40 mins is long enough.

If I lived in Angle Vale i'd be stoked to drive to Houghton... lol
adr107
Under 16s

Has liked: 305 times
Been liked: 83 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby morell » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:52 am

marbles wrote:i think youve got it in your head that this forum is the engine room of the league, sure there are plenty of (less than 40) intellectuals on here that voice terrific discussions that assist in the formations of the divisions, but committees couldnt care less about safooty.net mate, and as you can see the committees have spoken.... no cgrade vs agrade anymore

and i myself have had nothing to do with the decisions of each committee, despite being the "only" person on safooty.net complaining about it
No quite the opposite. Whilst I think sa footy is a great medium for communicating ideas and having a laugh, I am under no pretence as to its limitations and influence on amatuer football policy. This is akin to why I laugh out loud every time Jetters and others blame me and my postings on here for Mitchell Park being a cellar dweller. It's laughable.

I've played against C Grade sides as an A grade player for the vast majority of the time I've played footy. Not once, not even once, has a C Grade player even gently complained about having to play A Grade sides. In fact, quite the opposite, it is usually the A Graders whinging about the lack of consistency of C Grades.

More often than not your average C Grader wouldn't even know who we were or who they're playing next week! Such is the nature of C Grade. The amount of times an opposition c grade player has asked me - "So who are you A grade playing" or "is this side your reserves?" would be uncountable using all my fingers and toes. No one cares marbles. No one.

There may be other logistical and planning issues which restrict C Grades from playing with A grade sides in D7 - like what jo has raised above.
morell
Coach

Postby BFG » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:06 am

I hate to say it but I kinda agree with marbles on this one. I do think that if C, D grade teams are good enough that they should be playing against the best opposition available to them but i'm also a realist in that the league would be far more likely to listen to the wishes of a four team club than a club or collection of clubs that have had trouble with numbers in recent times. Another factor is that a club is much more likely to attract players that just wanna have a casual kick if they are assured that they will only be playing against fellow C/D graders. More players brings more revenue to both the clubs and the league and i'm sure this would've been part of the argument that the C/D grade clubs put forth.
BFG
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 25 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby marbles » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:08 am

bias from someone who never played cgrade zzzzzzz

your sulking is boring now

your big brothers have left camp, because staying with you is making them rot - understand yet?

adjustment disorder.

ive never heard wristwatcher or jo172, or any blue chip club poster on here, go against what ive preached. every participant in the new div 8 would be quietly pleased as to the new establishment of what can be called a "pure cgrade super league". its a very exciting season ahead for those div 8 clubs

i want div 7 clubs to survive too, lets start focusing on how your gonna do that

maybe instead of asking div 1 and div 2 clubs to help you survive, start asking div 4, div 5, div 6 clubs to play a part in your survival, yeah?
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:09 am

Blue Chip Club? What a load of wank.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby marbles » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:10 am

Dogwatcher wrote:Blue Chip Club? What a load of wank.

clubs with 4 or more teams, get with it son
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:17 am

I know what you mean, but it's still a load of wank.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Mr Beefy » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:18 am

marbles wrote:

Your so called blue chip clubs get the same number of votes as a struggling D7 club. Given the gradings haven't been voted on yet your super c grade might get shuffled up to D7...
marbles wrote:

Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 407 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby morell » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:23 am

marbles wrote:bias from someone who never played cgrade zzzzzzz
Try again marby! I have played many a C grade game. Don't you remember when PG was complaining?

marbles wrote:your sulking is boring now

your big brothers have left camp, because staying with you is making them rot - understand yet?

adjustment disorder.

ive never heard wristwatcher or jo172, or any blue chip club poster on here, go against what ive preached. every participant in the new div 8 would be quietly pleased as to the new establishment of what can be called a "pure cgrade super league". its a very exciting season ahead for those div 8 clubs

i want div 7 clubs to survive too, lets start focusing on how your gonna do that

maybe instead of asking div 1 and div 2 clubs to help you survive, start asking div 4, div 5, div 6 clubs to play a part in your survival, yeah?
I don't want anyone to help us survive but It's got nothing to do with survival. Believe it or not we're going to be fielding exactly the same side Round 1 whether or not C Grade sides were in the division. What a preposterous argument!

It's about the integrity of the competition, not the survival of individual clubs. D7 is ruined this year. It's a farce. It's a joke. It wouldn't even be worth the time if it wasn't a rebuilding opportunity to be brutal.

All because of what? Some minor logistical obstacles?

Turn it up.
morell
Coach

Postby morell » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:24 am

Mr Beefy wrote:Your so called blue chip clubs get the same number of votes as a struggling D7 club. Given the gradings haven't been voted on yet your super c grade might get shuffled up to D7...
:shock: [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<
morell
Coach

Postby marbles » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:25 am

Dogwatcher wrote:I know what you mean, but it's still a load of wank.

blah blah, i dont care what their title should be, div 8 is set to be a super division and will be very exciting for all players & staff involved
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby morell » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:26 am

BFG wrote:I hate to say it but I kinda agree with marbles on this one. I do think that if C, D grade teams are good enough that they should be playing against the best opposition available to them
Well then you don't agree with marbles. At all.

BFG wrote:but i'm also a realist in that the league would be far more likely to listen to the wishes of a four team club than a club or collection of clubs that have had trouble with numbers in recent times. Another factor is that a club is much more likely to attract players that just wanna have a casual kick if they are assured that they will only be playing against fellow C/D graders. More players brings more revenue to both the clubs and the league and i'm sure this would've been part of the argument that the C/D grade clubs put forth.
Don't disagree with any of this other than players caring whether or not is A grade or C Grade. They don't.

As a C Grader, would you rather have a 10 goal win against an A Grade side, or get belted by an elite C Grade unit? These letters on the front of teams are irrelevant. What matters is their standard. If its even, live and let live!
Last edited by morell on Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
morell
Coach

Postby marbles » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:29 am

morell wrote:
It's about the integrity of the competition, not the survival of individual clubs. D7 is ruined this year. It's a farce. It's a joke. It wouldn't even be worth the time if it wasn't a rebuilding opportunity to be brutal.

Turn it up.

ok name another competition in the country that plays cgraders against fully fledged agraders.

start asking div 4, div 5, div 6 clubs to fulfill your div 7 voids - or is that inappropriate?
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Mr Beefy » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:33 am

marbles wrote:
morell wrote:

Turn it up.

ok name another competition in the country that plays cgraders against fully fledged agraders.

start asking div 4, div 5, div 6 clubs to fulfill your div 7 voids - or is that inappropriate?

Hills league
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 407 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby morell » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:36 am

FFS marbles, its not about the letters in front of the name of the team! Its about the standard at which they play.

C Grade, Purple Grade, Seniors, A Grade, reserves, B grade, Pink Poker Dots grade. Who gives a ****.

Provided the logistics (and game day rules) can be sorted what people care about is having an EVEN and BALANCED competition. Not what letter is in front of the team sheet.

Your complaints about Smithfield and previously Ingle Farm dominating D7 are probably valid, in that they were well and truly above the standard of the division. Direct your issue to the league in regards to player payments, the APPS and mass recruitment rules - THATS where your problem lies, not C Grade vs A Grade.
morell
Coach

Postby marbles » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:38 am

65 clubs - you want integrity start asking your fellow lower division clubs to start helping you and make 2016 as follows

theres no other way, but to be honest i kinda doubt theyd be willing to face a bye for the sake of your clubs survival, so you just watch how unwilling they are to make this step because they did claim to care, but all of a sudden they dont

Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg (40.7 KiB) Viewed 515 times
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby marbles » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:40 am

morell wrote:FFS marbles, its not about the letters in front of the name of the team! Its about the standard at which they play.

C Grade, Purple Grade, Seniors, A Grade, reserves, B grade, Pink Poker Dots grade. Who gives a ****.

Provided the logistics (and game day rules) can be sorted what people care about is having an EVEN and BALANCED competition. Not what letter is in front of the team sheet.

Your complaints about Smithfield and previously Ingle Farm dominating D7 are probably valid, in that they were well and truly above the standard of the division. Direct your issue to the league in regards to player payments, the APPS and mass recruitment rules - THATS where your problem lies, not C Grade vs A Grade.

every club with 4 sides to have been in div 7, have lost their dgrade in the past 2 years.

you can do your very best to make me look like a tool on here, but the facts speak for themselves, your cgrade vs agrade proposition might be good for you, but its obviously not working for 4 team clubs - IS IT?
marbles
Assistant Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League