Woodville South
7%

Total votes : 98

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 5 - 2015

Postby The Ash Man » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:21 am

twobob wrote:
Boosh wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:[quote="Leroy"]Rosewater having a vote whether they move up to Div 3.. Would be a massive jump from Div 6 to 3 in one year!

Really - have we been asked?

You deserve to be beaten with the stick he's been stirring the shit with ;) :lol:

This actually happened according to several of their players.

So do we know how this vote went[/quote]

Well new fixture is out and Mitcham have a bye first round so I'm guessing not well
The Ash Man
Coach

Has liked: 382 times
Been liked: 260 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby zedman » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:59 am

twobob wrote:
Leroy wrote:Rosewater having a vote whether they move up to Div 3.. Would be a massive jump from Div 6 to 3 in one year!

So do we know how this vote went

i reckon they might be off to div 3 based on one fb post i have seen!
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1083 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:46 am

zedman wrote:
twobob wrote:
Leroy wrote:Rosewater having a vote whether they move up to Div 3.. Would be a massive jump from Div 6 to 3 in one year!

Yeah nah.
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 407 times
Been liked: 652 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Leroy » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:21 pm

Do you have any idea whats going on out there Mr Beefy?
Leroy
Mini-League

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Postby Boosh » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:47 pm

I know they had a vote on Thursday, I don't know the result.
I have a problem. It's to do with the little man, the squashed-in French man, the naked little squashed up hairy boy! You know! With the hand feet
*I apologise to Hope Valley people in advance, no offence intended
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 192 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby twobob » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:54 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:
zedman wrote:
twobob wrote:

Yeah nah.

Gutsy move
twobob
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Wudinna United

Postby hillscrow » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:13 pm

Considering their smashing in the GF it would certainly be gutsy. Maybe their opponent would be better equipped. Work up there on your own merits!!
hillscrow
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times

Postby Footy Chick » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:44 pm

Word on the street is the league have told Rosewater even “IF” (and it’s a big if) they let them go to Div 3 , if it even smelt like getting ugly they’d pull them straight away and put them back in the first available spot.... which would probably be Div 6 given Trinity would take their spot in Division 5.

Don't know why they'd want to take that risk, or why it would even be allowed, to be honest.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1747 times
Been liked: 2155 times

Postby Boosh » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:47 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Word on the street is the league have told Rosewater even “IF” (and it’s a big if) they let them go to Div 3 , if it even smelt like getting ugly they’d pull them straight away and put them back in the first available spot.... which would probably be Div 6 given Trinity would take their spot in Division 5.

Don't know why they'd want to take that risk, or why it would even be allowed, to be honest.

Heard that too.

Where are you Mr Beefy? We want answers
I have a problem. It's to do with the little man, the squashed-in French man, the naked little squashed up hairy boy! You know! With the hand feet
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:56 pm

Too bad about the clubs in the involved divs who set up their year based on fixturing if true.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 748 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Mr Beefy » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:58 pm

I'm here. I have no answers.
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 407 times
Been liked: 652 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Boosh » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:16 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:I'm here. I have no answers.

Since my other source is an inebriated mess and you're giving me nothing I am going straight to the top tomorrow morning.
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Postby BFG » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:33 am

because im bored and someone needed to have a go to kickstart some discussion.
My prediction for the ladder at the end of R18

1. Elizabeth (Look to have some good ins and were a quality outfit last year, I'm wary of reading too much into trial games but anytime you beat an opponent from a higher div, you must have a half reasonnable side)
2. CLG (injuries killed us late last year and if things had gone differently couldve beaten havens out there in the qualifying to go straight through)
3. Para Hills ( Dynamite at home last year and have a lengthy list of ins, if they can start to win away from home, expect them to improve on last year)
4. CBCOC ( Good side last year when everything clicked, will have to be more consistent across the whole year this year but should be around the mark)
5. BOS ( div 6 premiers have historically gone well their first year in div 5, dont think this will be any exception, always tough playing at their home ground and have got a few decent ins)
6. Rosewater ( Grand finalist last year in div 6 and have a long list of ins, could finish much higher but time will tell.)
7. Luthies ( Didnt see anything of them last year and havent seen to much movement on the recruiting front, in an improved div 5 comp, may find wins hard to come by)
8. Greenacres ( Few ins, few outs at this stage, played some decent footy at times last year but may find this year a bit tougher)
9. Woody sth ( couple of big outs at this stage, werent disgraced in div 4 last year by any stretch but again in a tough comp i think they may struggle)
10. Pultney ( Havent heard too many good things out of Pultney, know they had a couple of good college kids coming up but its a big step up, my tip for the wooden spoon.)

Just my opinion guys and anything can happen before round 1 or even during the year!
BFG
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 25 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Leroy » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:13 am

Rumours abound that Woody South will host Luthies in a Friday night game in round 1! Should be an exciting clash!
Leroy
Mini-League

Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Postby Flipper » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:33 pm

BFG wrote:because im bored and someone needed to have a go to kickstart some discussion.
My prediction for the ladder at the end of R18

1. Elizabeth (Look to have some good ins and were a quality outfit last year, I'm wary of reading too much into trial games but anytime you beat an opponent from a higher div, you must have a half reasonnable side)
2. CLG (injuries killed us late last year and if things had gone differently couldve beaten havens out there in the qualifying to go straight through)
3. Para Hills ( Dynamite at home last year and have a lengthy list of ins, if they can start to win away from home, expect them to improve on last year)
4. CBCOC ( Good side last year when everything clicked, will have to be more consistent across the whole year this year but should be around the mark)
5. BOS ( div 6 premiers have historically gone well their first year in div 5, dont think this will be any exception, always tough playing at their home ground and have got a few decent ins)
6. Rosewater ( Grand finalist last year in div 6 and have a long list of ins, could finish much higher but time will tell.)
7. Luthies ( Didnt see anything of them last year and havent seen to much movement on the recruiting front, in an improved div 5 comp, may find wins hard to come by)
8. Greenacres ( Few ins, few outs at this stage, played some decent footy at times last year but may find this year a bit tougher)
9. Woody sth ( couple of big outs at this stage, werent disgraced in div 4 last year by any stretch but again in a tough comp i think they may struggle)
10. Pultney ( Havent heard too many good things out of Pultney, know they had a couple of good college kids coming up but its a big step up, my tip for the wooden spoon.)

Just my opinion guys and anything can happen before round 1 or even during the year!

Pretty accurate account of CBC. Also had some issues with availability & injuries throughout the year. This had a big effect on our consistency. Unfortunately I see the same problems happening again this year.
It takes real courage to wear PURPLE!!!!!
Flipper
Under 16s

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: CBCOC

Postby scottroo » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:04 am

I wouldn't under estimate Woodville south at all
scottroo
League - Best 21

Been liked: 173 times

Postby Q. » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:35 am

Who has Luthies in Round 1? Will they even be able to field two teams with a favourite son and ex-captain getting married on that day?
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby BFG » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:16 am

Q. wrote:Who has Luthies in Round 1? Will they even be able to field two teams with a favourite son and ex-captain getting married on that day?

Woody south at woody south, would be be interesting to see who gets up in that one.
BFG
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:26 am

That must be why they're playing it on Friday night then.....
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1747 times
Been liked: 2155 times

Postby Q. » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:32 am

Ahhhhhhhh
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

PreviousNext