Adelaide Hills Cricket (HCA, TVCA & A&EH)

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Adelaide Hills Cricket (HCA, TVCA & A&EH) 2014/15.

Postby Alaska » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:09 am

saintal wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:When are the Grand Finals in the various comps? I read on the Footy forum that footy is starting on the 28th March

March 14/15 for TVCA. We're always the first to finish. I think AEHCA are a week later, HCA maybe 28/29?

HCA 21/22 March
2017 and 2018 NFL Fantasy Champion
Alaska
League - Best 21

Has liked: 96 times
Been liked: 64 times

Postby Roxy the Rat Girl » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:32 pm

Alaska wrote:
saintal wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:When are the Grand Finals in the various comps? I read on the Footy forum that footy is starting on the 28th March

March 14/15 for TVCA. We're always the first to finish. I think AEHCA are a week later, HCA maybe 28/29?

HCA 21/22 March

AEHCA is 21/22 of March also
"cricket is the most important activity in men's lives, the most important thread in the fabric of the cosmos"
Roxy the Rat Girl
Under 18s

Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 34 times
Grassroots Team: Langhorne Creek

Postby saintal » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:11 pm

Heat ruined round 12 of the TVCA, with 3 of the 4 games being a draw. Palmer again unlucky with the weather, as an outright v Lenswood looked likely. Ladder going into the final round:

Paracombe 127.4 A win against EV could be enough to secure top.
Palmer 117.8 Will want an outright v Mt Torrens to give themselves a shot at top spot
Gumeracha 117.0 Will want an outright v Lenswood to give themselves a shot at top spot
Eden Valley 106.4 Need to beat Paracombe, or rely on Cambrai losing to Springton
Cambrai 101.3 Need to beat Springton, and rely on EV losing to Paracombe

Going to be extremely tight for positions 1 to 3.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 348 times
Been liked: 431 times

Postby Ramrod » Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:46 pm

This weeks Preview. Strath Vs Lobey. Match of the round this. Strath would be disaapionted after there last perfomance against Nairne, in saying that they lacked key people. Lobey had a comfortable win against wistow then the bye. Its Possible these two teams may face off in the first final depending on other results. I think Lobethals bowling is there issue, maybe lack genuine wicket takers, in saying that weeks has taken quite a few wickets with some darts. Strath if they win this will finish top as they finish off with a depleted Langhorne Creek. I'm backing strath to flex their muscles here, to much depth in the bowling and batting. Strath Easy. Woodside Vs Langhorne Creek. Woodside will be going for a big win here. if they can have a big day with the bat and ball are a chance to get far enough in front of Lobey and finish 3rd. Langhorne's are depleted. They will struggle in this game. Woodside by a lot. Nairne Vs Ashbourne. Well Shaun Tait has made an impact straight away, and i think Nairne are the team to beat with him playing for the rest of the year. They are training twice a week, they will destroy ashbourne here. I see a few ashbounre lads made scores in the Country Carnival, but to be honest youd be dissapointed not to make runs in that, Not a great standard, ah well its still a Hundred. Ultimately Nairnes bowling and Batting will be to strong here. Mitch hein finding some form, with Harden, Walters, J Tait and Godson its a tough ask to make a good score. Nairne by lots.
Dont Hate me cause you Aint me.
Ramrod
Rookie

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby saintal » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:26 pm

Another weekend of 40. ^&$%. :twisted:

Assuming no play goes ahead, we would have played 2 of the past 9 Saturdays.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Postby Ramrod » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:49 pm

Cricket will be cancelled. The comp needs to change this heat policy, only if they change it for the A grade. If you hydrate and look after yourself on the friday night you could play if the temeprature was 45. its a joke, when you play in the hills your going to get wash outs early, then you get heated out in Jan and March. Its a Joke. Lets just play the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its called a summer sport for a reason
Ramrod
Rookie

Postby rainbow warrior » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:37 pm

Ramrod wrote:Cricket will be cancelled. The comp needs to change this heat policy, only if they change it for the A grade. If you hydrate and look after yourself on the friday night you could play if the temeprature was 45. its a joke, when you play in the hills your going to get wash outs early, then you get heated out in Jan and March. Its a Joke. Lets just play the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its called a summer sport for a reason

Couldn't agree more. People want to play and it shouldn't be taken out of our hands because they are worried about litigation. All players should have to sign consent forms if that is what they are worried about. Let us play. People in town play hotter and I've go on the Adelaide temperature when it is generally cooler in the hills. Joke of a policy. World has gone soft or scared of litigation. It is a summer sport, the players want to play, why can't we?
rainbow warrior
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 4 times

Postby Dutchy » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:36 pm

Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2335 times
Been liked: 3589 times

Postby the red baron » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:41 am

saintal wrote:Another weekend of 40. ^&$%. :twisted:

When weather intervenes forcing no cricket to be played, do team sheets still get submitted?

Just thinking if some players have a late start to the season and qualification for finals. Some leagues have been canned 3 weeks in a row due to heat.!
the red baron
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Gumeracha

Postby jackpot jim » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:20 pm

the red baron wrote:

When weather intervenes forcing no cricket to be played, do team sheets still get submitted?

Just thinking if some players have a late start to the season and qualification for finals. Some leagues have been canned 3 weeks in a row due to heat.!

They do in A&EHCA
It is open to manipulation but not fair if players fail to qualify due to weather.

I wonder what the Couriers Heat Policy is for the T20 Finals tomorrow?
jackpot jim
Coach

Has liked: 340 times
Been liked: 452 times

Postby saintal » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:14 pm

Yes, in TVCA we list a side for abandoned matches. Obviously you can be "creative" with it if you're in the finals race.

With all 3 comps having A Grade byes this season, the lack of cricket has been intensified further. TVCA had a max of 16 days this year, instead of the usual 18 or 19. HCA also 16 I think, while AEHCA 18.

Assuming next week goes ahead, Palmer will finish the regular season having played 10.5 days of cricket, while the most any TVCA side would have played is 13. Interestingly Palmer could lose just 1 match for the year, but finish as low as third. In contrast Paracombe should finish top despite 3 losses, but have been fortunate with weather and snaring a few outrights early in the season against weaker opposition. So many variables this season.

I drove out to Mt Barker this morning and noticed senior men and women playing softball at 8:30am. I'd assume they usually play in the arvo and rescheduled the matches? Could this happen with cricket? Start at 10-11am instead and play til mid-arvo? Having said that, I'd say the people that post on this forum and attend delegate meetings etc. are in the minority when it comes to wanting to play in this weather.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:05 pm

jackpot jim wrote:
I wonder what the Couriers Heat Policy is for the T20 Finals tomorrow?

Going ahead
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2335 times
Been liked: 3589 times

Postby Roxy the Rat Girl » Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:59 pm

Ashbourne CC played an internal match yesterday. We got the s%$ts with not playing cricket so just went ahead played anyway. There were 22 players from across all Ashbourne teams playing 30 overs per side. It was a great a great match and we certainly made sure we kept our fluids up ;) Thanks to all the players and supporters for coming out and turning a non-event into a great day :D
"cricket is the most important activity in men's lives, the most important thread in the fabric of the cosmos"
Roxy the Rat Girl
Under 18s

Postby jackpot jim » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:10 pm

Roxy the Rat Girl wrote:

Ashbourne CC played an internal match yesterday. We got the s%$ts with not playing cricket so just went ahead played anyway. There were 22 players from across all Ashbourne teams playing 30 overs per side. It was a great a great match and we certainly made sure we kept our fluids up ;) Thanks to all the players and supporters for coming out and turning a non-event into a great day :D

Callington and Creeks in the 'B' Grade had a T20 to fill in the day.
I think the Association needs to look at catering for the players that want to play rather than the ones that dont.
jackpot jim
Coach

Postby Roxy the Rat Girl » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:07 am

jackpot jim wrote:
Roxy the Rat Girl wrote:

Callington and Creeks in the 'B' Grade had a T20 to fill in the day.
I think the Association needs to look at catering for the players that want to play rather than the ones that dont.

Agreed, Good on Creeks and Cally players for having a game.
Roxy the Rat Girl
Under 18s

Postby Ramrod » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:41 pm

Drove Past anembo park on saturday afternoon. Happened to see women softballers playing! Wow doesnt that make us big tough guys look soft not playing in a little bit of hot weather.
Ramrod
Rookie

Postby jackpot jim » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:19 pm

Ramrod wrote:Drove Past anembo park on saturday afternoon. Happened to see women softballers playing! Wow doesnt that make us big tough guys look soft not playing in a little bit of hot weather.

Anyone know if they have a heat policy in softball and what it is?
jackpot jim
Coach

Postby Roxy the Rat Girl » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:37 pm

jackpot jim wrote:
Ramrod wrote:Drove Past anembo park on saturday afternoon. Happened to see women softballers playing! Wow doesnt that make us big tough guys look soft not playing in a little bit of hot weather.

Anyone know if they have a heat policy in softball and what it is?

NFI
Roxy the Rat Girl
Under 18s

Postby Ramrod » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:07 pm

Wel finally we might see some cricket this weekend, Predictions for the last round are: Lobethal Vs Nairne; Well there is a fair chance these two sides will meet in the semi final as well, so this is a big game. To be honest, i think Nairne will demolish lobethal. They seem to be hitting there straps, training twice a week at full intensity. Lobethal havent had a great second half of the year losing to the creek and ashbourne. The difference here is the match winners, Nairne have a enormous amount, where lobethal theres not much there. Nairne Will win by a lot. Langhorne Creek Vs Strath: Strath will be hungry for this, they should treat this like a final, cause they will have to be on top of there game to beat woodside the following week Provided they win this game. They shouldnt have many issues in this contest, Langhorne Creek are depleted with no Johnson and possibly no warren. Strath just to strong in all aspects, will win easily. Ashbourne Vs Wistow. Well who cares really, Ashbourne have been disapointing once again and Wistow have been a rabble. Ashbourne will win this easilty, and Wistow will wind out with the spoon. No Surprises really.
Ramrod
Rookie

Postby saintal » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:54 pm

Final round of TVCA, with the ladder far from settled:

Eden Valley v Paracombe- If Pirates win they finish top, lose and will likely finish 3rd. An EV win will secure 4th, a loss will see them relying on Cambrai losing
Gumeracha v Lenswood- Gum need to win and win well to push into the top 2. Trail Palmer by 0.75.
Cambrai v Springton- Cambrai must win and rely on EV losing to finish 4th.
Palmer v Mt Torrens- The Bears need to win and win well to remain in the top 2.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps