5%
Salisbury West
4%

Total votes : 73

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 3 - 2015

Postby jo172 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:04 am

Q. wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:My understanding, the rule was introduced, clubs (MP, FU, Kilburn, Wingfield) had a grace period to meet the criteria of the rule. The grace period has expired all clubs must now adhere to the rule, just like any other rule.

Speaking of rules, are clubs no longer allowed to wear white shorts at home games?

No, the rule is that any club can revert to one team for a grace period of one year. They then must produce two teams to remain affiliated.

correct. I reckon that's a bit unfair. It's not college clubs fault that the rest of you dumasses can't figure it out...but that's just my $0.02.

Why is it that only college clubs got to have only one colour?

Athelstone too!
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1199 times
Been liked: 725 times

Postby bandar » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:04 am

Q. wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:My understanding, the rule was introduced, clubs (MP, FU, Kilburn, Wingfield) had a grace period to meet the criteria of the rule. The grace period has expired all clubs must now adhere to the rule, just like any other rule.

Speaking of rules, are clubs no longer allowed to wear white shorts at home games?

No, the rule is that any club can revert to one team for a grace period of one year. They then must produce two teams to remain affiliated.

correct. I reckon that's a bit unfair. It's not college clubs fault that the rest of you dumasses can't figure it out...but that's just my $0.02.

It wasn't just college clubs but any club that had white as their preferred short colour.
bandar
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 27 times
Grassroots Team: PHOS Camden

Postby Hefty » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:08 am

Eighth Tier? So, will SW be in Div8 or C1??

I know we had a situation last year where Port Districts C Grade were in Div 8 and CLG in Div 8R.
Hefty
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 133 times
Been liked: 110 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby jo172 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:09 am

Hefty wrote:

I know we had a situation last year where Port Districts C Grade were in Div 8 and CLG in Div 8R.

*Blackwood.

Look at the draft fixtures on sports pulse. C1
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby Q. » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:28 am

bandar wrote:
Q. wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

It wasn't just college clubs but any club that had white as their preferred short colour.

So what happened when two clubs with white shorts only played each other?
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby mighty hounds » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:56 am

jo172 wrote:
Q. wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

Athelstone too!

Flinders Park only has one colour but it's red
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 286 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:57 am

Well they will have 2 colours this year...
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Hefty » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:01 am

jo172 wrote:
Hefty wrote:

*Blackwood.

Look at the draft fixtures on sports pulse. C1

Cheers! Yep Blackwood......getting my seasons mixed up.
Hefty
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 133 times
Been liked: 110 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby Boosh » Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:23 pm

Footy Chick wrote:

Disagree completely.

From this day forth North Haven only wear Black shorts, too bad for everyone else. Doesn't seem fair.

I don't disagree with the dumbass part though, I fully accept my club and myself included are not capable of remembering home shorts when we play at college teams. It's beyond us.

I believe everyone should wear coloured shorts all the time, just because it looks cool.

I love that Plympton still wear the red shorts and if Ethelton still existed I would play for them just to wear gold shorts.
I have a problem. It's to do with the little man, the squashed-in French man, the naked little squashed up hairy boy! You know! With the hand feet
*I apologise to Hope Valley people in advance, no offence intended
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 192 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby cracka » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:59 pm

Boosh wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

Disagree completely.

From this day forth North Haven only wear Black shorts, too bad for everyone else. Doesn't seem fair.

I don't disagree with the dumbass part though, I fully accept my club and myself included are not capable of remembering home shorts when we play at college teams. It's beyond us.

I believe everyone should wear coloured shorts all the time, just because it looks cool.

I love that Plympton still wear the red shorts and if Ethelton still existed I would play for them just to wear gold shorts.

What, like Kylie Minogue style. :D
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 462 times
Been liked: 567 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Boosh » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:10 pm

Precisely
I have a problem. It's to do with the little man, the squashed-in French man, the naked little squashed up hairy boy! You know! With the hand feet
*I apologise to Hope Valley people in advance, no offence intended
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 192 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby easy TIGA » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:54 pm

Jetters wrote:
easy TIGA wrote:
Q. wrote:
easy TIGA wrote:If no amateur league club from 4, 5, or even 6 wants to be promoted all being by default then I think it goes to show where local footy really Stands. IMHO I believe there will be alot more clubs that will follow trends of the few clubs that have struggled recently, even those that don't pay. Having a bye in our amateurs top 3rd division is just that, amateurish.

Chicken Little much?

Why would a D5 or D6 club throw themselves to the wolves in D3? That smacks of poor decision making.

Yeh I'm not saying they should, but I'm guessing that most clubs don't have the stocks or resources to atleast think they might have a crack at it. My point is that below div 3, there are plenty of clubs that are struggling, both financially and finding players, including juniors. salisbury west is not going to be alone. There are plenty of reasons why clubs are struggling so much but imho I think the apps has made big clubs stronger and little battling clubs non existent.

How has the apps made big clubs stronger and battling clubs weaker?

One would be juniors, and before you tell me it's about building a foundation so the juniors can thrive and grow into a senior role , I've heard it. Sometimes geographically It is simply impossible. I've seen a lot of clubs but I'll take kilburn as one, they have no chance of gaining young aussie rules kids for their juniors, their only option to gain juniors is to recruit from the likes of Gaza, gepps x,as they're probably closest. Sides with good juniors, juniors become seniors, 0 points. Kilburn cannot now recruit any more than say 3 to 4 players each year, (money or not and even guys that wanna play together but might want to drop divisions cannot go there) the apps system has allowed strong junior based clubs, as well as college sides to become stronger. And sides that thrive on an everyday bloke to walk in off the street to become very vulnerable. I feel that it the burden doesn't lift on some clubs we might see a 3 or 4 division league.
easy TIGA
Under 16s

Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby finn » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:30 pm

Wingfield had their grace year last season just like ovingham had previously. 2015 will be Salisbury West's grace year to give them time to get enough players for two sides again.
always forgive your enemies...nothing annoys them so much
finn
League - Best 21

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 22 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby Jetters » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:46 pm

I completely agree with you!

It has made it more difficult for clubs who do not develop football at junior level to compete with those who do. I think that's a great result.

I think the league probably has a few too many clubs, as you've suggested they have a number of clubs who take the cherry off the top of other clubs without developing football at junior level. Do we need many of these clubs? The league might level out at 6 division which I think would be about right.

I think the NEJFA rules are BS and anti-competitive that they allow big clubs to have so many junior teams per grade, not allowing some smaller clubs to contribute to junior football and building their club.

It hasn't stopped the everyday bloke having a kick, its just made it harder for the gun (or as we all know, maybe just reasonable player) jumping around.

The APPS isn't perfect, for example if everyone wanted to leave SW for instance, stay as a group, and go play around the corner, that is a legit issue.
Jetters
Reserves

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 119 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby human_torpedo » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:55 am

Im not sure if the heat is getting to me or what, but I actually agree with what Jetters says there.. You see clubs with astronomical junior numbers and they register 2 or 3 sides per age level, and then just up the road a club is struggling to get enough for 1 side, and in turn the juniors fold, and have a flow on effect into the seniors down the track..

Juniors are key to longevity, unless Old Scholar clubs, who in turn will obviously rely on school kids acting as their 'juniors'
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby jo172 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:32 pm

It's naive to think clubs with multiple juniors teams don't deserve them. In my experience the junior programs at the bigger junior clubs (GG, TTG, Modbury etc.) offer kids a much better environment to learn, develop and enjoy football.

Just little things like having a white and red age group allowing kids to play at an appropriate skill level is great for kids.

That's ultimately what it should be about.
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby Demon Juke » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:30 pm

Jetters wrote:I completely agree with you!

It has made it more difficult for clubs who do not develop football at junior level to compete with those who do. I think that's a great result.

I think the league probably has a few too many clubs, as you've suggested they have a number of clubs who take the cherry off the top of other clubs without developing football at junior level. Do we need many of these clubs? The league might level out at 6 division which I think would be about right.

I think the NEJFA rules are BS and anti-competitive that they allow big clubs to have so many junior teams per grade, not allowing some smaller clubs to contribute to junior football and building their club.

It hasn't stopped the everyday bloke having a kick, its just made it harder for the gun (or as we all know, maybe just reasonable player) jumping around.

The APPS isn't perfect, for example if everyone wanted to leave SW for instance, stay as a group, and go play around the corner, that is a legit issue.

Agree with limiting clubs with juniors, but maybe the saafl should limit senior clubs to no more than 4 teams each. If you can't be a 1 team club you shouldn't be allowed more than 4 teams.
Demon Juke
League - Best 21

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby blublurag » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:38 am

jo172 wrote:It's naive to think clubs with multiple juniors teams don't deserve them. In my experience the junior programs at the bigger junior clubs (GG, TTG, Modbury etc.) offer kids a much better environment to learn, develop and enjoy football.

Just little things like having a white and red age group allowing kids to play at an appropriate skill level is great for kids.

That's fine. But then you have a club going around recruiting talented juniors from other clubs when they've already got plenty of numbers. That is just wrong and I feel unnecessary. Not much point winning final after final when you've got nobody decent to play against.
blublurag
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 6 times

Postby Jetters » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:24 pm

jo172 wrote:It's naive to think clubs with multiple juniors teams don't deserve them. In my experience the junior programs at the bigger junior clubs (GG, TTG, Modbury etc.) offer kids a much better environment to learn, develop and enjoy football.

Nah that's a bit BS.

What you said is self fulfilling, big clubs can offer the best environment because they have the most players (resources, success etc).

You have to find a balance between encouraging clubs to provide great junior programs so they prosper and also allow competition.

I think NEJFA have this balance pretty far off
Jetters
Reserves

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 119 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby Bluedemon » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:38 am

Jetters wrote:

Nah that's a bit BS.

What you said is self fulfilling, big clubs can offer the best environment because they have the most players (resources, success etc).

You have to find a balance between encouraging clubs to provide great junior programs so they prosper and also allow competition.

I think NEJFA have this balance pretty far off

and let the other clubs with less of a junior program to fold their juniors??

all clubs should help out each other so that everyone can prosper
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 97 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League