Gold Coast 2014

Talk on the national game

Re: Gold Coast 2014

Postby Gozu » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:08 pm

Pretty classy exit from Karmichael Hunt.

http://www.goldcoastfc.com.au/news/2014 ... -best-hunt
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 660 times

Postby Booney » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:22 pm

*BUMP*

Eade takes the 3 year deal to coach the Suns.

Rodney Eade is the new coach of the Gold Coast Suns after the former Western Bulldogs and Sydney coach is understood to have accepted the job Tuesday afternoon.
Eade was offered the job Monday after a meeting with the Suns selection panel in Melbourne. It is understood the 56-year-old told the club Tuesday afternoon that he had accepted the three year offer to coach the club.
The finer details of the contract were being finalised Tuesday afternoon with an announcement confirming the appointment expected late Tuesday.
Eade met the Suns football boss - former Brisbane Bears teammate Marcus Ashcroft - at the weekend then the full sel on Monday.

Currently Collingwood's director of football, Ede will inform the Magpies of his decision nad it is expected the club will not stand in his way to take3 the senior coaching position despite Eade recommitting to the club 12 months ago. At that time, Eade believed his senior coaching days were behind him, but the temptation to take control of a club in premiership contention in the next three to four years may prove irresistible.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/rodne ... z3HPrf5Chh
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7497 times
Been liked: 10784 times

Postby Fricky » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:48 pm

Booney wrote:*BUMP*

Eade takes the 3 year deal to coach the Suns.

Rodney Eade is the new coach of the Gold Coast Suns after the former Western Bulldogs and Sydney coach is understood to have accepted the job Tuesday afternoon.
Eade was offered the job Monday after a meeting with the Suns selection panel in Melbourne. It is understood the 56-year-old told the club Tuesday afternoon that he had accepted the three year offer to coach the club.
The finer details of the contract were being finalised Tuesday afternoon with an announcement confirming the appointment expected late Tuesday.
Eade met the Suns football boss - former Brisbane Bears teammate Marcus Ashcroft - at the weekend then the full sel on Monday.

Currently Collingwood's director of football, Ede will inform the Magpies of his decision nad it is expected the club will not stand in his way to take3 the senior coaching position despite Eade recommitting to the club 12 months ago. At that time, Eade believed his senior coaching days were behind him, but the temptation to take control of a club in premiership contention in the next three to four years may prove irresistible.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/rodne ... z3HPrf5Chh

Eade should do well at the Suns. Plenty of experience and should develop the young side well. Fair amount of talent at the Suns which would have been a big enticement to coach there.

What's Bomber Thompson going to do now? Coach the Bulldogs?
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby bennymacca » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:13 pm

what is interesting is that the young coach just out of the game theory seems to have been moved away from, and they are going with more experienced guys - which i think is better
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby dedja » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:26 pm

Well done Suns ... up yours Eddie.
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 996 times

Postby GWW » Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:12 am

GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

Postby stan » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:44 am

GWW wrote:https://mobile.twitter.com/TitusOReily/status/527055678364319744/photo/1

Titus OReilly is a bloody crack up. Iove reading his tweets. And his phone ca scripts are brillant.

I still think the Dane Swan apology for going outside is the best.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1254 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Red Rocket » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:29 am

Karmichael Hunt busted for alledged Coocaine trafficking, some of the charges come from the period he was at the Suns.
Wonder if the AFL will investigate on of "their" clubs?
Red Rocket
Under 18s

Been liked: 72 times
Grassroots Team: Kapunda

Postby Coach Bombay » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:45 am

should have invited him to my buck show last weekend. Could have done with some to get us through the second night.
The death penalty can never be excused as it allows a state a means by which it can pick and choose who is fit to live and who isnt
Coach Bombay
League - Top 5

Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 142 times

Postby Coach Bombay » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:45 am

should have invited him to my buck show last weekend. Could have done with some to get us through the second night.
The death penalty can never be excused as it allows a state a means by which it can pick and choose who is fit to live and who isnt
Coach Bombay
League - Top 5

Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 142 times

Postby whufc » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:20 pm

Red Rocket wrote:Karmichael Hunt busted for alledged Coocaine trafficking, some of the charges come from the period he was at the Suns.

It's rife through the AFL

Some of Adelaides biggest dealers in the early 2000's were AFL/SANFL footballers
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5592 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby heater31 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:34 pm

whufc wrote:
Red Rocket wrote:Karmichael Hunt busted for alledged Coocaine trafficking, some of the charges come from the period he was at the Suns.

Some of Adelaides biggest dealers in the early 2000's were AFL/SANFL footballers

Yep if people think it is/was West Coast had issues then they have their heads in a bucket of sand...
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby JK » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:32 pm

whufc wrote:

Same with the 90's

I might have my head in the sand, but these days I'd think it more likely a player(s) would be hooking mates up with gear rather than dealing for profit as such.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4461 times
Been liked: 2988 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Red Rocket » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:59 pm

Can someone please tell me why the AFL only is partially signed up with WADA?
According to WADA recreational drugs are on the prohibited list and plenty of people around the world are currently suspended due to cannabis, cocaine etc. Despite this somehow the AFL anti doping policy overides WADA, how is this so?
How can a player get several strikes and still be playing, I think most sides over the last 10 years would have atleast a couple of players either suspected of or peoven to have taken recreational drugs. WADA lists cocaine as performance enhancing. Surely once Essendope are dealt with the league needs to come down harder on it
Red Rocket
Under 18s

Been liked: 72 times
Grassroots Team: Kapunda

Postby whufc » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:06 pm

JK wrote:
whufc wrote:

Same with the 90's

I might have my head in the sand, but these days I'd think it more likely a player(s) would be hooking mates up with gear rather than dealing for profit as such.

Yep spot on
whufc
Coach

Postby whufc » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:07 pm

Red Rocket wrote:Can someone please tell me why the AFL only is partially signed up with WADA?
According to WADA recreational drugs are on the prohibited list and plenty of people around the world are currently suspended due to cannabis, cocaine etc. Despite this somehow the AFL anti doping policy overides WADA, how is this so?
How can a player get several strikes and still be playing, I think most sides over the last 10 years would have atleast a couple of players either suspected of or peoven to have taken recreational drugs. WADA lists cocaine as performance enhancing. Surely once Essendope are dealt with the league needs to come down harder on it

I don't actually know but I wouldn't be surprised if the AFL didn't want WADA involved because they know they have a massive drug issue and having WADA could expose it
whufc
Coach

Postby kickinit » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:51 pm

whufc wrote:
Red Rocket wrote:Can someone please tell me why the AFL only is partially signed up with WADA?

I don't actually know but I wouldn't be surprised if the AFL didn't want WADA involved because they know they have a massive drug issue and having WADA could expose it

You can't be partially signed up to WADA, once you sign then you have to comply with the WADA code fully. Under the WADA code illicit drugs are only tested for during match day, ASADA does not test for illicit drugs out of season. The AFL illicit drug policy only tests during the off season, they don't conduct tests during the season. WADA are only interested in performance enhancing drugs, I would say they don't see any illicit drugs taken in the off season as performance enhancing. The AFL policy is over and above WADA code. One thing people don't realise is if a player tests positive to illicit drugs during a match day test he doesn't get the 3 strikes, he is treated as taking a performance enhancing drug.

The policy
http://www.aflplayers.com.au/illicit-drugs-policy/

Testing results from 2013 that explain the policy better
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-05-16/a ... g-results-
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Postby stan » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:29 am

More reports coming out that there is a deepy problem than just one player.

Im as shocked as everyone else that there are drugs outside of Perth.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1254 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby jakovasaurus » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:33 am

Not surprised at all.

There'd be players at every single club getting on it.
jakovasaurus
Under 18s

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 130 times

Postby heater31 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:39 am

jakovasaurus wrote:Not surprised at all.

There'd be players at every single club getting on it.

I would extend that to non playing staff too ;)
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL