Bali Nine - is the death penalty justice?

Anything!

Re: Bali Nine - is the death penalty justice?

Postby Booney » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:01 pm

Psyber wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:If it was my son/daughter/family member - I'd be angry all right, but I'd also be realistic enough to know my relative made a choice to take that drug. No point being angry at the suppliers, they're just meeting demand.

You don't think they, like other retailers, work to create and increase demand, by encouraging potential new customers to try their product, or existing customers promote the product among their acquaintances in return for free doses?

Based on old literature and more modern TV representations my impression was that it was common practice in the drug biz to give out small free samples for a while and then put the squeeze on once the customer was hooked.

Unlike TV representations, dealers are often users, stuck in the same cycle of the end user. Doing what they can to fund the addiction they have, selling the drugs to aid their own habit.

So, while it may seem they have a marketing budget set down for "showbag" style giveaways, it's fair to say that nowhere near that much thought or time is spent on the process. It's not clever marketing Psyber, it's peer pressure in the first instance that typically* gets people on board.

*and a myriad of other reasons, of course.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Q. » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:05 pm

Booney wrote:It's not clever marketing Psyber, it's peer pressure in the first instance that typically* gets people on board.

A myth.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:09 pm

Q. wrote:
Booney wrote:It's not clever marketing Psyber, it's peer pressure in the first instance that typically* gets people on board.

A myth.

agreed...

It frustrates me when people say it's an addiction, we should feel sorry for them... You have to start using in the first place which is solely up to the person taking the drugs, not his mate. HIMSELF!!! May sound harsh, but you become addicted it's not the drugs fault it's the individual.
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:16 pm

Ugh, so sick of hearing this on the news.

Just shoot them already.

No, I have no compassion for them whatsoever.

If they get a reprieve, good on them but won't lose any sleep over a couple of drug mules, even if the AFP did *allegedly* set them up.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Booney » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:49 pm

Q. wrote:

A myth.

Peer pressure is perhaps the wrong wording, rarely does someone pressure you into using, or bully you into using, perhaps peer persuasion / attempting to fit in with peers / inquisitiveness while surrounded by peers using is more appropriate, yet less easy to type. ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:02 pm

I think its barbaric however you play by their rules when you enter their territory. Indonesia worry about Indonesia and even though they are highly hypocritical and very controversial especially when it comes to morals at times you would have to be living under a rock not to know how brutal they can be when it suits them.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Rik E Boy » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:51 pm

Bully wrote:or some cant read !

am sure some will blame tony for this....

And he'll blame the Labor party.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:53 am

6 judges on this case offered the bali 9 leniant sentences if they paid... no surprises. Dodgy as!!!

These two shouldn't be killed.
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:23 am

No Mal, it won't

Because whatever else an asylum can cure...

You can't cure stupid.

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby MW » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:48 am

woodublieve12 wrote:6 judges on this case offered the bali 9 leniant sentences if they paid... no surprises. Dodgy as!!!

These two shouldn't be killed.

Why wouldnt this have been brought up earlier rather than 5-7 days before they get executed.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:50 am

because they can't shoot someone when they're under allegation of bribery. A desperate attempt (that has worked) to buy some time.

Footy Chick

Postby MW » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:53 am

Just delaying the inevitable
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:10 pm

The indonesian government is one of the most corrupt in the world...

The fact you can kill your family and get 8 years (this is fact). The fact the prison guards who work in the same prison as the two who are on death row smuggle drugs in and out of the prison and nothing is done. Considering you can walk down any street and get offered copius amount of drugs and nothing is done is a disgrace.
Considering the indonesian government paid A LOT of $$$$ to the Saudi Arabia to get their own off who were on death row for murder is also a disgrace, BUT they get frustrated when our government get involved... Not to mention they have let walk the biggest drug lord in the region go on several occasions is also a disgrace...
Why wait 10 years to put them to death????

No doubt what they have done is wrong and should spend there time behind bars....
We are told to respect the laws of a country you visit (which i agree with) however when that same country can't even follow their own laws how do you justify murder?
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby am Bays » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:50 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:The indonesian government is one of the most corrupt in the world...

The fact you can kill your family and get 8 years (this is fact). The fact the prison guards who work in the same prison as the two who are on death row smuggle drugs in and out of the prison and nothing is done. Considering you can walk down any street and get offered copius amount of drugs and nothing is done is a disgrace.
Considering the indonesian government paid A LOT of $$$$ to the Saudi Arabia to get their own off who were on death row for murder is also a disgrace, BUT they get frustrated when our government get involved... Not to mention they have let walk the biggest drug lord in the region go on several occasions is also a disgrace...

No doubt what they have done is wrong and should spend there time behind bars....
We are told to respect the laws of a country you visit (which i agree with) however when that same country can't even follow their own laws how do you justify murder?

The world needs less stupid people all the more reason why these two should "go", this is natural selection in action.

1. The "challenges" of the judicial systems are well known in our near neighbours not to mention the fact that anywhere you go in our fellow Asian countries the warnings are stark about trafficking drugs, so why do it - stupid is, as stupid does.
2. I bet in the planning stages of this "expidition" 10 yeas ago a comment would've been made to get these two low lifes involved and the other seven, "They're all dumb Asian's over there and drugs are plentiful - no chance of getting caught as they're too stupid..." I wonder who is feeling stupid now.

I hope it's painfull just like was for Barlow and Chambers....

I feel for the families buit not for these two toe rags
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:06 pm

i've never questioned their stupidity... very dumb...

i believe they should spend the rest of there lives behind bars...

my opinion on the death penalty has changed regarding these two over the last year or two..
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby White Line Fever » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:53 pm

am Bays wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:The indonesian government is one of the most corrupt in the world...

The world needs less stupid people all the more reason why these two should "go", this is natural selection in action.

1. The "challenges" of the judicial systems are well known in our near neighbours not to mention the fact that anywhere you go in our fellow Asian countries the warnings are stark about trafficking drugs, so why do it - stupid is, as stupid does.
2. I bet in the planning stages of this "expidition" 10 yeas ago a comment would've been made to get these two low lifes involved and the other seven, "They're all dumb Asian's over there and drugs are plentiful - no chance of getting caught as they're too stupid..." I wonder who is feeling stupid now.

I can't stand by and listen to this garbage any longer.

Natural selection??
Should go??

Get a grip.
They are humans.
A few of you need to take a long hard look in the mirror you are sick in the head talking about human life the way you currently are.

So easy to sit back in your chair and judge.
Because you are all so perfect.
White Line Fever
League - Top 5

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 16 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:57 pm

I think someone should give the Death Penalty to the Glenelg footy club after all the misery the fans go through!
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby JK » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:01 pm

White Line Fever wrote:
am Bays wrote:

Natural selection??
Should go??

Get a grip.
They are humans.
A few of you need to take a long hard look in the mirror you are sick in the head talking about human life the way you currently are.

So are Rapists, Murderers and Paedophiles. Different people will view the nature of crime and it's perpetrators differently. Don't let it get to ya mate, it's the world in action.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4440 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Q. » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:02 pm

White Line Fever wrote:
am Bays wrote:

Natural selection??
Should go??

Get a grip.
They are humans.

It's easy to be void of empathy when you don't have to pull the trigger.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:05 pm

White Line Fever wrote:

Natural selection??
Should go??

Get a grip.
They are humans.

They are all just opinions mate, just because they differ to yours doesn't mean they are wrong.

It's a sad situation but there's enough signage etc. to know the risk you are taking when transporting drugs into Bali.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion