Aus v Ind Test Series

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Re: Aus v Ind Test Series

Postby Jim05 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:11 pm

Still maintain Smith blundered by taking the new ball
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3553 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby locky801 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:13 pm

Cant knock sides over on day 5 on a bowler friendly pitch is very very worrying
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3714 times
Been liked: 1171 times

Postby wristwatcher » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:16 pm

Jim05 wrote:Still maintain Smith blundered by taking the new ball

Hindsight is 20/20 but we haven't really bowled that well in the last ten overs. Not sure it would have made a difference.

Would have backed us normally with a new nut and 9 at the crease with two bunnies to follow. Fair to say we missed Johno this test. Would have suited him this situation
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby Jim05 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:23 pm

wristwatcher wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Still maintain Smith blundered by taking the new ball

Hindsight is 20/20 but we haven't really bowled that well in the last ten overs. Not sure it would have made a difference.

Would have backed us normally with a new nut and 9 at the crease with two bunnies to follow. Fair to say we missed Johno this test. Would have suited him this situation

The new ball has offered nothing.
The old ball was swingling wildly, Hazelwood looked like getting a wicket every over.
Guess we will never know but its a myth that the new ball causes havoc
Jim05
Coach

Postby locky801 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:25 pm

Series win 2/0 but i put it down to 2/2, India were down and out but fought back.

Johnson and Harris almost finished, due to age and injury dont rate Starc, went to water under pressure with the new ball today.

Our fielding has gone backwards 5 fold, hopefully the fielding coach will do the right thing and hand in his paperwork tonight.

Postives: Smith,(all series) Hazelwood (since coming in) , Burns impressed this test, Rogers did his bit should have gone on and of course Warner. still on the fence re Marsh and time for Watson to go

And of course Lyon was so unlucky, been a great series, some changing times ahead
Last edited by locky801 on Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
locky801
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:25 pm

Indians celebrating wildy
Someone forget to tell them they just lost 2-0 and didnt look like winning a test lol
Jim05
Coach

Postby locky801 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:27 pm

Jim05 wrote:Indians celebrating wildy
Someone forget to tell them they just lost 2-0 and didnt look like winning a test lol

True but looked like they would go down 4/0 and didnt
locky801
Coach

Aus v Ind Test Series

Postby Jim05 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:28 pm

locky801 wrote:Series win 2/0 but i put it down to 2/2, India were down and out but fought back.

Johnson and Harris almost finished, due to age and injury dont rate Starc, went to water under pressure with the new ball today.

Our fielding has gone backwards 5 fold, hopefully the fielding coach will do the right thing and hand in his paperwork tonight.

Postives: Smith, Hazelwood, Burns impressed this test, Rogers did his bit should have gone on and of course Warner.

And of course Lyon was so unlucky, been a great series, some changing times ahead

2-0 was flattering to India
We produced the most favourable conditions they could ever get overseas
Couldnt bowl us out twice in a game and never threatened to win a test. Both drawn tests had India only a few wickets from losing. If they are happy with that its little wonder they will never win on the road
Whoever is fielding coach must be sacked immediately though
Jim05
Coach

Postby wristwatcher » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:33 pm

locky801 wrote:Series win 2/0 but i put it down to 2/2, India were down and out but fought back.

Postives: Smith,(all series) Hazelwood (since coming in) , Burns impressed this test, Rogers did his bit should have gone on and of course Warner. still on the fence re Marsh and time for Watson to go

You put it down 2-2. Stupidest thing I have read today. With more time we would have won 4-0.

We have comfortably won a series and could have won by more. Did it without Pup as well. Johnson and Harris are the second and fifth ranked bowlers in the world. They are far from finished.

Fielding I agree was below par.

I don't think we are in for the changes you expect.

I think the curators could have put a little more juice in their pitches but that's a discussion for another time

At the end of the day it's a commanding series win and you would take that every Summer
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby locky801 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:47 pm

wristwatcher wrote:

You put it down 2-2. Stupidest thing I have read today. With more time we would have won 4-0.

We have comfortably won a series and could have won by more. Did it without Pup as well. Johnson and Harris are the second and fifth ranked bowlers in the world. They are far from finished.

Fielding I agree was below par.

I don't think we are in for the changes you expect.

I think the curators could have put a little more juice in their pitches but that's a discussion for another time

At the end of the day it's a commanding series win and you would take that every Summer

Unfortunately tests are played over 5 days, shit, yes more time required, doesnt work that way, we are not playing in the early 1900's when they had unlimited day tests quite simply, the last 2 Tests our bowlers have not been good enough to knock over a very average batting lineup bar 3 of their batsman on a day 5 pitch.

Think you will find Harris has big problems with his knee again and could hardly run in and bowl today, Johnson lost the Mojo ( fast mongrel balls) but will play against England as they are scared of him and he will do well. Only my opinions and i know not many on here appreciate them.

As for the pitches, quite simply the curators have obviously been told to make them last and ensure we go 5 days
locky801
Coach

Postby Gozu » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:56 pm

locky801 wrote:Our fielding has gone backwards 5 fold, hopefully the fielding coach will do the right thing and hand in his paperwork tonight.

Jim05 wrote:Whoever is fielding coach must be sacked immediately though

Boof's mate Greg Blewett
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 660 times

Postby heater31 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:09 pm

Gozu wrote:
locky801 wrote:Our fielding has gone backwards 5 fold, hopefully the fielding coach will do the right thing and hand in his paperwork tonight.

Boof's mate Greg Blewett

And he is not a full time coach as well I think....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby daysofourlives » Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:13 pm

Gozu wrote:

Boof's mate Greg Blewett

Does Blewett catch the ball for them, does he make stupid decisions and throw the ball to the wrong end, does he throw the ball no where near the stumps. If the answer is no to all 3 its hardly his fault.

Joe the cameraman would have S.Marsh in his sights, no one can teach him to field
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2424 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby dedja » Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:33 pm

then what's his job then? :-s
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 179 times
Been liked: 997 times

Postby Stumps » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:12 pm

Lyon bowled tripe today
Stumps....
Stumps
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 45 times

Postby JK » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:12 pm

Blewy was only an average fielder himself (not that it necessarily equates to his ability to coach in that area)
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4461 times
Been liked: 2989 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby wristwatcher » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:17 pm

Stumps wrote:

Lyon bowled tripe today

Pretty sure Lockys comment was tongue in cheek to a reference I made at the start of the day regarding to the fact I'm sick of him taking 1/100 and having my ears ambushed by bullshit commentary telling us how desperately unlucky he was.

Didn't do enough today. I said I thought he needed to take 4 for us to win and he clearly didn't get the job done.
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby carey » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:32 pm

JK wrote:Blewy was only an average fielder himself (not that it necessarily equates to his ability to coach in that area)

Blewett was a great fielder. He also can not be blamed for the sub par fielding at the moment. The facts are the new blokes coming in to the test side aren't the quality of fieldsmen that Australia has been blessed with. Ponting, Hayden, Warne, Clarke etc etc.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2810 times
Been liked: 2997 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby JK » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:30 pm

carey wrote:
JK wrote:Blewy was only an average fielder himself (not that it necessarily equates to his ability to coach in that area)

Blewett was a great fielder. He also can not be blamed for the sub par fielding at the moment. The facts are the new blokes coming in to the test side aren't the quality of fieldsmen that Australia has been blessed with. Ponting, Hayden, Warne, Clarke etc etc.

As I said mate, his own fielding wouldnt necessarily have an affect on his coaching. Great fielder is a stretch, he was no Mark Waugh. Serviceable imho.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4461 times
Been liked: 2989 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby whufc » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:35 pm

Lyon is the best spinner no arguments there but does his inability to get wickets when the pitch is at its best for spinners mean maybe we should try and persist with finding a long term answer who can also bowl the side to victory
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5595 times
Been liked: 2533 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket