Salisbury West
9%
St. Pauls
7%

Total votes : 56

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

Postby Yank Man » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:45 pm

morell wrote:Image

Guess we'll just have to start our own conversations morell. Been relying on Q to get involved but he seems more in to Div 6. :D

Marbles is up there too, along with every other forum going. Seems no one gives a hoot about Div 7, maybe we can fly under the radar too. :D :D
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby Q. » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:20 pm

I saw Joe Leck at Yamaha yesterday, but he was with a customer and I didn't have the chance to ask him if he was playing again.

I may also have been a little embarrassed. I took my quad bike in to get fixed... Turns out it was just low on petrol.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby morell » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:05 am

Hahahahahaha. I would like to say that's never happened to me but I would be lying.

Is there anyone in Adelaide Joey doesn't know? Amazes me how many people say "oh, you play for Mitchell Park? How is Joe?"

He will be playing, gout and all. Wants to play a couple of games with his son, Nick.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby morell » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:19 pm

Mitchell Park Football Club is excited to announce Shane Lynch as senior coach for season 2015. Shane comes to the club with a wealth of knowledge and experience which is sure to help the club strive for success in 2015.

The club would also like to announce Shanes right hand man for 2015 will be playing assistant coach Tom Roberts. Tom has recently returned from country victoria where he played high level country footy. Tom has a great footy background and we are lucky to have him on board.

It would be a good idea to say a massive thankyou to outgoing coach, Scott Weekley. A club legend, good mate and a favourite amongst the playing group, Scott held the club together in perhaps our most difficult year in living memory. I for one will have Scott’s coaching in 2014 high in my thoughts as amongst the more dignified and important efforts in my short time at the Mitchell Park Football Club.
morell
Coach

Postby Mr Beefy » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:22 pm

Are North Pines confirmed starters?
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Q. » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:29 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:Are North Pines confirmed starters?

I believe so
Q.
Coach

Postby Look Good In Leather » Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:02 pm

morell wrote:Mitchell Park Football Club is excited to announce Shane Lynch as senior coach for season 2015. Shane comes to the club with a wealth of knowledge and experience which is sure to help the club strive for success in 2015.

The club would also like to announce Shanes right hand man for 2015 will be playing assistant coach Tom Roberts. Tom has recently returned from country victoria where he played high level country footy. Tom has a great footy background and we are lucky to have him on board.

It would be a good idea to say a massive thankyou to outgoing coach, Scott Weekley. A club legend, good mate and a favourite amongst the playing group, Scott held the club together in perhaps our most difficult year in living memory. I for one will have Scott’s coaching in 2014 high in my thoughts as amongst the more dignified and important efforts in my short time at the Mitchell Park Football Club.

Tom Roberts is an excellent appointment - quality lad.

Lynch appointed on the strength of his record at Aldinga?
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby morell » Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:34 pm

I wasn't involved in the selection process LGIL, I am sure Yank Man will be able to reveal more.

But I would reckon an ability to bring players with him and potentially recruit beyond our normal veins would have been high on the list as to reasons why he got the nod.
morell
Coach

Postby Yank Man » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:40 pm

morell wrote:I wasn't involved in the selection process LGIL, I am sure Yank Man will be able to reveal more.

But I would reckon an ability to bring players with him and potentially recruit beyond our normal veins would have been high on the list as to reasons why he got the nod.

The clubs decision to appoint Shane is based on his ability to take the club forward in years to come. He has worked side by side with Tom Roberts previously and they are well connected in the footy world. The reality is that for our club to prosper in the years to come we need people who know people and can bring players to the club with a long term passion., we have a wonderful junior programme at our club and both Shane and Tom have boys who will also play at the the club in 2015. I would also like to add to morell's comments regarding Scott Weekley. He held this club together in a difficult time and hopefully will retain a role that further enhances our clubs long term future.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Postby Yank Man » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:52 pm

[-o< Just to add further regarding our junior programme at the den, another of our juniors Alex Neale Bullen was drafted to the AFL tonite adding to Sam Colquoin who is currently at the Power. We've been working hard for a long time on the youngsters and it's clearly now bearing fruit. They may not be playing seniors here but what great recognition for those that do the hard yards at our club. ;)
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Postby S Demon » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:35 pm

I thought they announced his junior club as Plympton on the telecast?
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Jetters » Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:43 pm

Yank Man wrote:[-o< Just to add further regarding our junior programme at the den, another of our juniors Alex Neale Bullen was drafted to the AFL tonite adding to Sam Colquoin who is currently at the Power. We've been working hard for a long time on the youngsters and it's clearly now bearing fruit. They may not be playing seniors here but what great recognition for those that do the hard yards at our club. ;)

Propaganda. He played years and years at Plympton,
Jetters
Reserves

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 119 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby twobob » Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:47 pm

Jetters wrote:
Yank Man wrote:[-o< Just to add further regarding our junior programme at the den, another of our juniors Alex Neale Bullen was drafted to the AFL tonite adding to Sam Colquoin who is currently at the Power. We've been working hard for a long time on the youngsters and it's clearly now bearing fruit. They may not be playing seniors here but what great recognition for those that do the hard yards at our club. ;)

He may have played for MP for a quarter or so when MP vs Plympton and Plympton had to lend some players to even up the numbers
twobob
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Wudinna United

Postby morell » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:14 am

Jetters wrote:

He won best and fairests at Mitchell Park as a junior. He played for years at Plympton. He played for the Bays. State rep. Probably played for his schools too! Who gets the kudos?

Stop being a punitive dick, we're proud of our junior system and like it or lump it thats where he started.

morell
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:22 am

from the plympton facebook page

Congratulations to Alex Neal - Bullen, a Plympton Bulldog, who has been drafted to Melbourne FC in the AFL draft. Well done Alex!!!
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3026 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:27 am

Oh god...he's like a child in a broken marriage.

The player actually nominates their junior club to benefit from the draft program.

From memory, I think there was a bit argy bargy when Joel Patfull was drafted because he nominated Norwood as his junior team and not PNU.

Thems the breaks.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby jo172 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:33 am

Footy Chick wrote:Oh god...he's like a child in a broken marriage.

The player actually nominates their junior club to benefit from the draft program.

From memory, I think there was a bit argy bargy when Joel Patfull was drafted because he nominated Norwood as his junior team and not PNU.

Thems the breaks.

Thankfully the system has changed the last few years and now players nominate their state league club and junior club and each gets a cut of the spoils.

So it would seem that Plympton will score a few dollars out of this.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1199 times
Been liked: 725 times

Postby morell » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:57 am

Who cares!!

Glenelg, his school, Plympton and Mitchell Park can ALL be proud that a player that went through their system made it to the AFL.

Anyone trying to claim more credit or kudos than any other is childish and petty. A young mans player development isn't exclusive to one entity FFS.
morell
Coach

Postby Q. » Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:05 am

FFS all credit goes to his genetics you clowns

;)
Q.
Coach

Postby morell » Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:11 am

Q. wrote:FFS all credit goes to his genetics you clowns

;)

Who gets more credit, his Mum or his Dad?
morell
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League