29%
Trinity OS
3%
West Croydon
15%

Total votes : 68

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

Postby eric » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:25 pm

Smithfield. Wooden Spoon! You're tripping.
eric

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: South Whyalla

Postby great catch » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:35 pm

Diknbones wrote:Smithfield. Wooden Spoon! You're tripping.

He sure is
great catch
Rookie

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 13 times

Postby Boosh » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:48 am

great catch wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:I think it would be too early to predict where each club will finish. It's still 2014 and they're is plenty of time for clearances and retirements. You'd think that if you had to go by 2014 results that West Croydon and Fitzroy will be up there as early contenders. But you also have to be weary of teams coming down from Div 5 and coming up from Div 7 (As long as they can recruit well and add to their list).
With all the gossip and innuendos about BL and the money they have to throw around. If that is all true then they to will be up there to win the flag. But dont count out Trinity, Lockleys and Central United (they are possibly quite dangerous at home).
Im not sure about the ins and outs (as it is still very early for clearances) for Ingle Farm and Mawsons. But have heard whispers of players leaving.
If I had to make a choice on my tip to win, it would go to West Croydon and I reckon Smithfield will take up the wooden spoon. But like I said I havent seen or heard of clearances to clubs as of yet.

Mate if your tip is for Smithfield to be wooden spoon wow that's a bit to far I'm sure a few more players will come along and seems they smashed every team last year I'm sure if a few more players at to the list then top 4 is we're they will be

Sounds like smithfield are on the up and up which puts pressure on my club to keep moving up because Smithfield are an utter disgrace and belong in the C Grade divisions.
I have a problem. It's to do with the little man, the squashed-in French man, the naked little squashed up hairy boy! You know! With the hand feet
*I apologise to Hope Valley people in advance, no offence intended
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 192 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Q. » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:04 am

Boosh wrote:
great catch wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:I think it would be too early to predict where each club will finish. It's still 2014 and they're is plenty of time for clearances and retirements. You'd think that if you had to go by 2014 results that West Croydon and Fitzroy will be up there as early contenders. But you also have to be weary of teams coming down from Div 5 and coming up from Div 7 (As long as they can recruit well and add to their list).
With all the gossip and innuendos about BL and the money they have to throw around. If that is all true then they to will be up there to win the flag. But dont count out Trinity, Lockleys and Central United (they are possibly quite dangerous at home).
Im not sure about the ins and outs (as it is still very early for clearances) for Ingle Farm and Mawsons. But have heard whispers of players leaving.
If I had to make a choice on my tip to win, it would go to West Croydon and I reckon Smithfield will take up the wooden spoon. But like I said I havent seen or heard of clearances to clubs as of yet.

Mate if your tip is for Smithfield to be wooden spoon wow that's a bit to far I'm sure a few more players will come along and seems they smashed every team last year I'm sure if a few more players at to the list then top 4 is we're they will be

Sounds like smithfield are on the up and up which puts pressure on my club to keep moving up because Smithfield are an utter disgrace and belong in the C Grade divisions.

Did you even play/watch them this year?
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:49 pm

I think the real question would be is when did Havens confront Smithfield on match day Saturday last?
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 746 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby superboot7 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:43 pm

I think you'll find Boosh has his reasons to make the comment! And really even if you hadn't seen them this year.... His comments would still be valid!
superboot7
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 16 times

Postby Pine Warmer » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:40 am

Heard along the grapevine that the lodge are just going back to their old ways, bringing back a lot of players that left last year and playing them "decent" coin. So they were allowed to drop 2 divs because they sooked to the league about players leaving and told the league that their ways would change by implementing a junior program and not paying players anymore. Roll on a year later and they bring a lot of a div 4 grand final team back and open the cheque book once again. Absolute joke, lodge haven't learned a thing! But I hope the league have.
Pine Warmer

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Western Districts

Postby heater31 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:02 am

Old news Pine Warmer.... :roll:
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby The Informer » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:51 pm

Old Dog New Tricks wrote:
Pine Warmer wrote:Heard along the grapevine that the lodge are just going back to their old ways, bringing back a lot of players that left last year and playing them "decent" coin. So they were allowed to drop 2 divs because they sooked to the league about players leaving and told the league that their ways would change by implementing a junior program and not paying players anymore. Roll on a year later and they bring a lot of a div 4 grand final team back and open the cheque book once again. Absolute joke, lodge haven't learned a thing! But I hope the league have.
<post removed>

Where is he wrong? Everything he has posted is fact?
The Informer
Reserves

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 233 times

Postby panthers » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:25 pm

superboot7 wrote:I think you'll find Boosh has his reasons to make the comment! And really even if you hadn't seen them this year.... His comments would still be valid!

And why would that be ????????????????
Its More than a Game !!!
panthers
Rookie

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Smithfield

Postby woodublieve12 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:24 pm

The_Informer wrote:
Old Dog New Tricks wrote:
Pine Warmer wrote:Heard along the grapevine that the lodge are just going back to their old ways, bringing back a lot of players that left last year and playing them "decent" coin. So they were allowed to drop 2 divs because they sooked to the league about players leaving and told the league that their ways would change by implementing a junior program and not paying players anymore. Roll on a year later and they bring a lot of a div 4 grand final team back and open the cheque book once again. Absolute joke, lodge haven't learned a thing! But I hope the league have.
<post removed>

Where is he wrong? Everything he has posted is fact?

Agreed
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3028 times
Been liked: 2404 times

Postby cossi11 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:41 am

And by decent coin you are referring to Aloisi’s $5k sign on fee, car and holiday house he is getting for the season?? Well that is what I heard on the grapevine so it must be true??

If you go back a few pages and read you will better understand why BL are paying their players, which isn’t really anyone’s business besides the club itself. If the club has the money to spend and can sustain it then good on them, and the last time I checked it was not a criminal offence to pay players.

I don’t think the points system is the only reason but it definitely be a reason why the club is targeting past players who have played more than 25 games for the club. Browny and LTTF have already touched on the junior program side of thing. My understanding is that it is a long term ambition to develop this area of the club and they are working on it each year, it does not just turn around in one year. I also agree it is a difficult task with close surrounding clubs having strong junior programs but I guess to keep you all happy maybe they should consider blooding some under 12’s into the A grade??

Not sure where you are getting your information from but I reckon maybe a quarter of the players from the division 4 grand final side are returning and only 3 or 4 have signed up at this stage (is that ‘a lot’? 20-25%?). I may not be 100% on the money with this but closer than you, and the others to sign up at the club are new players…
2020 AFL Premiers: Richmond 12.9.81 def Geelong 7.8.50
2019 AFL Premiers: Richmond 17.12.114 def Greater Western Sydney 3.7.25
2017 AFL Premiers: Adelaide 8.12.60 def by Richmond 16.12.108
2012 D5 Premiers: Brahma Lodge 24.15.159 def Hope Valley 7.13.55
cossi11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 91 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:46 am

Few have a problem with paying players. It's the particular players who are being paid and what their departure meant to the club and the decision the SAAFL made which resulted. If you think the concern's entirely about money, you're being very blinkered.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby cossi11 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:04 am

Dogwatcher wrote:Few have a problem with paying players. It's the particular players who are being paid and what their departure meant to the club and the decision the SAAFL made which resulted. If you think the concern's entirely about money, you're being very blinkered.

The decent coin and paying players is always a topic, just answered it the way I see it and I am an advocate for having a strong junior program or at least a junior program as that is the future of the club...

Everyone's perception is that players left because it was all too hard, which I can completely understand it looked like that from an outsiders point of view, and now that they are back in division 6 it is easy again so everyone is jumping back on board. Well not everyone is back on board again and i know there is other reasoning besides it being 'too hard' but everyone is quick to jump to this conclusion. My understanding is that some players left the club to pursue more $$, some left to go back to their home clubs, some left because there mates left and some left and didn't even play football...

Was it the SAAFL that made the final decision though, I thought BL requested to trigger a clause to allow them drop down the grades which had to be agreed with by other clubs wanting to go up the grades? In which other clubs (I can't remember whom exactly, one was Glenunga and not sure of the another) agreed to do.
2020 AFL Premiers: Richmond 12.9.81 def Geelong 7.8.50
2019 AFL Premiers: Richmond 17.12.114 def Greater Western Sydney 3.7.25
2017 AFL Premiers: Adelaide 8.12.60 def by Richmond 16.12.108
2012 D5 Premiers: Brahma Lodge 24.15.159 def Hope Valley 7.13.55
cossi11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 91 times

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:07 am

back next year Cos?
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1740 times
Been liked: 2148 times

Postby Bombers4EVA » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:15 am

Hey Informer. What's the general feeling about the so called SPOSFC revival? I personally think its dis-respectful and that if the league approved their application. Will that give way to Mawsons losing their heritage?
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Has liked: 326 times
Been liked: 89 times

Postby The Informer » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:02 pm

Bombers4EVA wrote:Hey Informer. What's the general feeling about the so called SPOSFC revival? I personally think its dis-respectful and that if the league approved their application. Will that give way to Mawsons losing their heritage?

Mawson Lakes wishes them all the best in there endeavors.
The Informer
Reserves

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 233 times

Postby Arch44 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:16 pm

The_Informer wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:Hey Informer. What's the general feeling about the so called SPOSFC revival? I personally think its dis-respectful and that if the league approved their application. Will that give way to Mawsons losing their heritage?

Mawson Lakes wishes them all the best in there endeavors.

That's very diplomatic :lol:
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby Bombers4EVA » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:22 pm

Id imagine that the central core group of players that they would be trying to recruit would be either the current Year 12's or blokes who have just recently left school. I dont think too many players that have or are still playing at Mawson Lakes will go back there to play.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Has liked: 326 times
Been liked: 89 times

Postby Q. » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:23 pm

Bombers4EVA wrote:Id imagine that the central core group of players that they would be trying to recruit would be either the current Year 12's or blokes who have just recently left school. I dont think too many players that have or are still playing at Mawson Lakes will go back there to play.

Roughly how many actual old scholars play at Mawson Lakes now?
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League