5AA Crows Show

Talk on the national game

Re: 5AA Crows Show

Postby MW » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:45 am

Footy Smart wrote:
I agree there. What I think would be good is if there were some other sports involved, a bit like SEN in Melbourne.

I think Simon Hill is the only regular non AFL media person they speak to on 5AA... well during the timeslots when i listen to it anyway.

As for Bicks on the show, I dont see him as being overly outlandish or biased and think he is usually measured in what he says anyway.

Rowey and Tim Ginever would be a match made in heaven :lol:

They do a soccer segment around 6pm on Wednesdays I know that...unfortunately its on when I listen :twisted:
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2613 times
Been liked: 1850 times

Postby FOURTH ESTATE » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:09 pm

Bone was Boned!!!!!!
2017, 2019 & 2020 PREMIERS
RICHMOND, RICHMOND, RICHMOND.

Let that be a lesson to you Sturt. You don't beat Glenelg 3 times in a row in Grand Finals and get away with it.
FOURTH ESTATE
Veteran

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 128 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby gadj1976 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:29 pm

Pipe someone in via Melbourne to co-host it with someone other than Rowey. That'd be a start.

Secondly, during AFL season, interview the coaches or key players of both teams from game of the week - a game NOT involving Port and the Crows. And they don't have to have a tenuous link to SA, South Australian clubs or rellies in SA. Stop the "we're the poor brother", "us vs Victoria" that the show was centred around during the Cornes era and make it a sports show we (non SA club supporters) can listen and relate to.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby bennymacca » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:38 pm

I must admit I somewhat enjoyed the sports show, but there was certainly a crows bias. Not in favourable coverage per se, more that if there is a big crows or power story, the crows story always goes first.

Not a fan of bicks though he is certainly better than any of the other port guys on AA. Defending nicely agree some new talent is needed.

I also cut rowey more slack than most - he is on there to play the role he plays. More a supporter than a journo and bone was there for the harder hitting stuff. Not sure bicks will do the same.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby General Soreness » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:47 pm

I can't understand how anyone can tolerate the dribble that Crowey comes out with. Even to Adelaide fans it must be embarrassing & cringe-worthy at times. When Port were up to their eyeballs as genuine premiership threats during September, 90% of the show was devoted to the coaching debacle at the Crows. Can't see that if the tables were turned, Port would've got that amount of exposure. Bickley is a Crows puppet, Rowe is an imbecile. If youre not a Crows fan, why would you even listen?
General Soreness
Mini-League

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 6 times

Postby gadj1976 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:56 pm

General Soreness wrote:I can't understand how anyone can tolerate the dribble that Crowey comes out with. Even to Adelaide fans it must be embarrassing & cringe-worthy at times. When Port were up to their eyeballs as genuine premiership threats during September, 90% of the show was devoted to the coaching debacle at the Crows. Can't see that if the tables were turned, Port would've got that amount of exposure. Bickley is a Crows puppet, Rowe is an imbecile. If youre not a Crows fan, why would you even listen?

Yeh, I don't.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby HH3 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:39 pm

bennymacca wrote:I must admit I somewhat enjoyed the sports show, but there was certainly a crows bias. Not in favourable coverage per se, more that if there is a big crows or power story, the crows story always goes first.

Not a fan of bicks though he is certainly better than any of the other port guys on AA. Defending nicely agree some new talent is needed.

I also cut rowey more slack than most - he is on there to play the role he plays. More a supporter than a journo and bone was there for the harder hitting stuff. Not sure bicks will do the same.

Here's my say....this could be long.

I dont listen anymore for the record.

BONE

- Bone was not "hard hitting" and if he was supposed to be, maybe thats why he isn't there any more.

- The way he tried to sound more dramatic shat me to tears. The regular things like "(insert name)......(long pause).....was our guest!"

- The way he would try to be the harsh one, then conform to whatever opinion the current guest has, even if it contradicted what he said 5 minutes ago

- The way he would pretend that he has even the slightest knowledge of what its like to be a current day footballer, as opposed to one 15 years ago.

- Him in general. I found him to be fake, uninteresting, and above all, annoying to the point that if he talked too long, or get on his high horse about anything, the music would be switched on.

ROWEY

- He has no idea about anything.

- Not funny.

- If he's not instructed to act like a **** for the radio, I would hate to meet him in person.

Haven't heard Bicks except when Kane interviewed him, because I only switch over if I know something interesting happened in the AFL that day.

From what I heard of Kane, I thought he was way better than any of the regulars, and if he got a full time gig, I'd probably listen again. (As long as his missus didn't get a gig too....she's annoying as ****)

I didn't mind Graham most of the time, and would rather him on there too.

Maybe the Cornes hour would get good ratings. I reckon there would be honest arguments instead of these contrived ones they've had recently.

At least that way, you have one Crows Vs one Port person, they don't hold back on each other, and they aren't Rowey.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:36 pm

After hearing the Brad Hardie and Carl Langdon show in Perth for 3 years in Perth the AA show has a lot of work to do. I still listen for my daily fix of sport but....
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 741 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby bennymacca » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:00 pm

HH3 wrote:
bennymacca wrote:I must admit I somewhat enjoyed the sports show, but there was certainly a crows bias. Not in favourable coverage per se, more that if there is a big crows or power story, the crows story always goes first.

BONE

- Bone was not "hard hitting" and if he was supposed to be, maybe thats why he isn't there any more.

- The way he tried to sound more dramatic shat me to tears. The regular things like "(insert name)......(long pause).....was our guest!"

- The way he would try to be the harsh one, then conform to whatever opinion the current guest has, even if it contradicted what he said 5 minutes ago

- The way he would pretend that he has even the slightest knowledge of what its like to be a current day footballer, as opposed to one 15 years ago.

- Him in general. I found him to be fake, uninteresting, and above all, annoying to the point that if he talked too long, or get on his high horse about anything, the music would be switched on.

ROWEY

- Not funny.

- If he's not instructed to act like a **** for the radio, I would hate to meet him in person.

Haven't heard Bicks except when Kane interviewed him, because I only switch over if I know something interesting happened in the AFL that day.

From what I heard of Kane, I thought he was way better than any of the regulars, and if he got a full time gig, I'd probably listen again. (As long as his missus didn't get a gig too....she's annoying as ****)

Maybe the Cornes hour would get good ratings. I reckon there would be honest arguments instead of these contrived ones they've had recently.

At least that way, you have one Crows Vs one Port person, they don't hold back on each other, and they aren't Rowey.

Good point about the contrived arguments etc. love or hate cornesy he had his opinions and until he was proven wrong (which wasn't often) he backed it to the hilt. Often in a pig headed way but still better than bone
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Booney » Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:18 am

Has Rowey gobbled "Skip" on air yet?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7497 times
Been liked: 10784 times

Postby Yangebup » Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:04 pm

Yeh Cornsey was good like that & didnt back down at all asking the hard questions, Rowe was quiet as a church mouse when he did.
I like the pipe someone in from Melbourne idea too.
Im really impressed with Pembo on the brekkie show, gee now he does ask the hard questions of the pollies etc, & knows lots about footy,
having followed the game for years. Id like someone like him on there, thered be no sucking to anyone from him!
Yangebup
Rookie

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 18 times

Postby Stumps » Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:26 pm

HH3 wrote:

BONE

ROWEY

- Not funny.

the thing that annoyed me most with Bone was how often he'd say "you know what?" rhetorically. He genuinely would do it once a minute
Stumps....
Stumps
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 45 times

Postby Yangebup » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:54 pm

or what about the Abbbssssoolluuutllleey he wouldcome out with constantly - totally gave me the shites.
Gee im glad he's off that show........now for Crowey next Pleeze 5AA - Pleeze!!
Yangebup
Rookie

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 18 times

Previous

Board index   Football  AFL