2014 Retirements & 2015 Player Movement Discussions

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: 2014 Retirements & 2015 Player Movement Discussions

Postby Booney » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:19 pm

Tough and hard at it, looked like the type of bloke you'd love to have as a team mate. I don't know the bloke, but I reakon he looks like he'd be a good bloke to knock around off field too.

Big loss for South, and perhaps their "culture" as much as on field presence.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby UK Fan » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:52 pm

Booney wrote:Tough and hard at it, looked like the type of bloke you'd love to have as a team mate. I don't know the bloke, but I reakon he looks like he'd be a good bloke to knock around off field too.

Big loss for South, and perhaps their "culture" as much as on field presence.

Agreed great player.

Souths fortunes nearly went hand in hand with Thewlis injuries for a few years.

big loss!!!
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

Postby darley16 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:12 pm

Fearless, loyal clubman, South were a better side every time he played, would make a good assistant coach to Brad Gotch. If we lose Caleb Daniel and Brett Eddy and maybe one or two others to the AFL football manager Neil Sharpe will have very busy recruiting period to fill some big losses.
darley16
Under 18s

Has liked: 232 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby Mr Fuller » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:22 pm

Aerie wrote:McKernan would be a very good get at SANFL level if he isn't drafted.

Ruck (McKernan) and pace (Petrenko) would tick two major boxes the Eagles needed to cover. Hopefully the Eagles are still scouring for another Ruckman and someone else with midfield pace because you would expect both are likely to get a second chance in the upcoming draft - which will be good for them, but not so good for the Eagles.

McKernan would be a very good acquistion for us as ruckman. Alternatively, I note today that Essendon delisted Fraser Thurlow who the Eagles were on the verge of signing about a year ago but was surprisingly picked up in the rookie draft. Thurlow was Queensland's State ruckman when they played South Australia in the State Game. I know Godden was a big fan so I expect the Eagles to resume the chase for his signature.

Where McKernan or Thurlow, we desperately need a ruckman. Bornholm tried hard this year but showed he isn't capable of being our #1 ruckman.

Petrenko would be good signing but I wouldn't waste too much money on trying to get him to the club. The only thing setting him above most SANFL players his size was his AFL standard fitness. This will drop away rapidly now he is not on an AFL list. Once this happens, the guy does not have the necessary football skills or footy brain to make it as a top line SANFL midfielder. If we are pinning our 'midfielder signature' hopes on Petrenko we are in for a world of pain next year.
Mr Fuller
Reserves

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 123 times

Postby Mr Fuller » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:29 pm

Glenelg chasing delisting Western Bulldog Christian Howard

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-10-29/i ... -haunts-me
Mr Fuller
Reserves

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 123 times

Postby Red Rocket » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:31 pm

Is anyone targetting Milera?
Thought he was ok and would do very well at SANFL level.
Hope the Dogs have a crack at him, the wide expances of Elizabeth would suit him
Red Rocket
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 72 times
Grassroots Team: Kapunda

Postby holden78 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:52 am

Mr Fuller wrote:
Aerie wrote:McKernan would be a very good get at SANFL level if he isn't drafted.

Ruck (McKernan) and pace (Petrenko) would tick two major boxes the Eagles needed to cover. Hopefully the Eagles are still scouring for another Ruckman and someone else with midfield pace because you would expect both are likely to get a second chance in the upcoming draft - which will be good for them, but not so good for the Eagles.

McKernan would be a very good acquistion for us as ruckman. Alternatively, I note today that Essendon delisted Fraser Thurlow who the Eagles were on the verge of signing about a year ago but was surprisingly picked up in the rookie draft. Thurlow was Queensland's State ruckman when they played South Australia in the State Game. I know Godden was a big fan so I expect the Eagles to resume the chase for his signature.

Where McKernan or Thurlow, we desperately need a ruckman. Bornholm tried hard this year but showed he isn't capable of being our #1 ruckman.

Petrenko would be good signing but I wouldn't waste too much money on trying to get him to the club. The only thing setting him above most SANFL players his size was his AFL standard fitness. This will drop away rapidly now he is not on an AFL list. Once this happens, the guy does not have the necessary football skills or footy brain to make it as a top line SANFL midfielder. If we are pinning our 'midfielder signature' hopes on Petrenko we are in for a world of pain next year.

I agree on Petrenko, but Hentchel can't help himself when it comes to Candy Crowbots, he rates them so highly :roll:
Thompson is the one we need, plus midfielders from anywhere in the galaxy :twisted:
holden78
League - Best 21

Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 55 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:29 am

Mr Fuller wrote: I note today that Essendon delisted Fraser Thurlow who the Eagles were on the verge of signing about a year ago but was surprisingly picked up in the rookie draft. Thurlow was Queensland's State ruckman when they played South Australia in the State Game. I know Godden was a big fan so I expect the Eagles to resume the chase for his signature.

I would hope that my lot are chasing this bloke.
Premierships are built around a good ruckman and we've struggled in that area in recent times.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Big Phil » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:00 am

Looks like Central have signed a big gorilla CHB named Connor Hargraves from Yarrawonga (Fev's team), who got BOG in a losing Grand Final side last year. Recommended by former Dogs player Brayden O'Hara, I believe, who played in the winning Albury side from that GF...
Big Phil
Coach

Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 271 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:11 am

Great support for Tommy down back.
If he rises to the standard.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby heater31 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:49 am

heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Millsie89 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:28 pm

How do the Eagles have any cap space for all of these new recruits after signing Wundke, Ainger and Boyd recently? They haven't really lost many 'big earners' have they??
Millsie89
Mini-League

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 0 time

Postby heater31 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:32 pm

Millsie89 wrote:How do the Eagles have any cap space for all of these new recruits after signing Wundke, Ainger and Boyd recently? They haven't really lost many 'big earners' have they??

Aren't all players in the league team at Oval Avenue on the same match payments? It's the sign on fees that are different!
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Aerie » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:40 pm

Millsie89 wrote:How do the Eagles have any cap space for all of these new recruits after signing Wundke, Ainger and Boyd recently? They haven't really lost many 'big earners' have they??

Grocke and Powell would be the only significant players who have finished up. I'd imagine Wundke, Ainger and Boyd would be playing for the love of that yellow jumper as opposed to any financial incentives.
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 503 times

Postby stan » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:06 pm

Well I did have a chat at cibo's earlier in he week with a board member. .....
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Red Rocket » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:01 pm

Have heard delisted Saint Terry Milera has spoke to atleast 2 clubs about playing in the SANFL next year, id doubt one of the clubs could fit him in though
Red Rocket
Under 18s

Postby westcoastpanther » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:09 am

Red Rocket wrote:Have heard delisted Saint Terry Milera has spoke to atleast 2 clubs about playing in the SANFL next year, id doubt one of the clubs could fit him in though

Why not just say who the clubs are ffs.....
Hi, My name is Ron 'Bluey' Dunn. Did you know I played in the 61 & 62 Tasman Premiership sides....
westcoastpanther
Coach

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 150 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby Red Rocket » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:20 pm

westcoastpanther wrote:
Red Rocket wrote:Have heard delisted Saint Terry Milera has spoke to atleast 2 clubs about playing in the SANFL next year, id doubt one of the clubs could fit him in though

Norwood and North
Red Rocket
Under 18s

Postby westcoastpanther » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:27 pm

Red Rocket wrote:
westcoastpanther wrote:

Norwood and North

Cheers 8)
Hi, My name is Ron 'Bluey' Dunn. Did you know I played in the 61 & 62 Tasman Premiership sides....
westcoastpanther
Coach

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 150 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby clanger » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:28 pm

South Adelaide Football Club would like to announce several changes to its coaching structure for 2015 following the departures of Kym Cobb and Brett Backwell.
Former player Jarrad Wright, after coaching the Eagles Reserves to the last two premierships, rejoins the Club as Midfield Coach. Troy Jacques will step up from South Reserves Coach to take control of the backline. He will be replaced at Reserves level by Adam Blakely, who was an assistant with South’s U18s in 2014 and prior to that spent two years as Glenelg U18 Coach.
The Club would like to thank Kym and Brett for their contribution over the last couple of years. Former Knuckey Cup winner Cobb returned to the Club in 2012 to Coach the U18s before spending the last two seasons as League Backline Coach. Cobb has accepted a position as Senior Coach at the Henley Sharks. We wish him well as he continues his coaching development.
Brett Backwell, who has been Midfield Coach for the past two seasons, has resigned due to increasing work and family commitments. We thank Brett for his commitment over the past two years and wish him well for the future.

http://www.safc.com.au/news?target=LatestNews
clanger
Under 16s

Been liked: 15 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL